Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worst Sims Pack of all time

Comments

• EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    Journey to Baatu
    I have not played either one, but my vote would go to JtB since it is a game pack that actually restricts players (removed inventory items, no magic or vampire powers, no buildable lots without cheats, limits on interactions with the NPCs, etc.), it has costume "aliens," & the only real gameplay appears to be repetitive quests with some variation between the 3 factions. I'm not against a SW pack in general & this pack could have been so much better.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    I have not played either one, but my vote would go to JtB since it is a game pack that actually restricts players (removed inventory items, no magic or vampire powers, no buildable lots without cheats, limits on interactions with the NPCs, etc.), it has costume "aliens," & the only real gameplay appears to be repetitive quests with some variation between the 3 factions. I'm not against a SW pack in general & this pack could have been so much better.

agreed. i'm not into star wars stuff but man the pack could've been so much better, of course it was just a disney park advertisement, but if it actually was about the star wars franchise itself i know it would've been at least curious. and perhaps it could've gotten more people interested on star wars, which at the end is one of the goals of collabs. anyways ts4 lacks on every aspect of the game, not just this pack.
    but i think one of the reasons the batuu pack is also hated is cuz it's about disney star wars which s*cks.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    My first pet stuff
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats
    IMO Journey to Baatu is actually a good pack when it comes to buy/build. I may never take a Sim to Baatu or use the CAS items but build, buy and debug are worth a lot to me. IMO Parenthood and Seasons game play are not my thing. They changed the game for me. I had to start using mods to make the game work for my playing style. I rarely play kids and teens now because of Parenthood. Seasons did unspeakable things I am am not getting into now.

My First Pet Stuff should be in your poll.
    Eco Living also because it does not work correctly. I was very excited for the pack. It's now disabled along with Dine Out.

Gardens are not possible with Eco Living because the plants revert to just planted when the environment changes. I can't keep the neighborhood industrial. I tried mods and they work but not for the gardening thing. To me the worst packs are the ones that I paid for but can't play.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats
    I like journey to Batuu. I am still playing it and enjoying the fact that my sim can visit a galaxy far far away.

But perhaps it would have been better if this were a stand alone spin off because this is the first time the devs have actively tried NOT to integrate with other packs (no pets, weather, holiday traditions, regular inventory items on batuu and droids become remote control radios at home)
    Once I am done playing, I will probably mainly use the light sabres to train fitness. And some of the build buy like the floors or the curved bar are useful.

I realise journey to Batuu is not for everyone but it adds something to do for your sims to do and to things to collect. unlike the Katy Perry pack. That one just adds 100 % useless stuff to the game. Now Katy Perry sweet treats, that is a pack I would not want to add to my game if I got it for free.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I didn’t buy either one so I guess it’s a draw lol
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    edited November 2020
    Journey to Baatu
    I don't like Star Wars so JtB is basically useless for me. I wouldn't add it to my game even if it were free (and I use a mod to hide the Star Wars costumes forced into our games). I don't like sci-fi stuff, so I wouldn't get any use out of the Build/Buy, and as others have pointed out, it has some limitations in its gameplay.

I do own Sweet Treats and I do occasionally use items from it. I like the sweet aesthetic, and I think the items are great for decorating kids rooms. I have no regrets about buying it, even though I use other Stuff Packs waaay more. (Also, I like KP's music. It's fun to sing along to...).
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Neither. o:)

All packs are amazing and are worth it no matter what. :#
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats
    Batuu world goes very well with Get to Work & Strangerville.
    Journey to Batuu townie clothing goes with the Asian clothing from City Living & Snowy Escape.
    Spa Day, Perfect Padio & Fitness goes with Snowy Escape.
    Island Living goes with Jungle Adventure & Outdoor Retreat.
    Get Together goes with Vampire, Realm of Magic & Romantic Gardens.
    Dine Out goes with Cool Kitchen.
    Parenthood goes with Kids Room & Snowy Escape.
    Get Famous goes with Luxury Party, Spooky, Vintage Glamour, Moschino & Bowling.
    Eco Lifestyle goes with Laundry Day & Nifty Knitting.
    Cats & Dogs goes with My First Pet.
    Seasons goes with Backyard.
    Tiny Living goes with Discover University.
  • Suzi84Suzi84 Posts: 4 New Member
    Journey to Baatu
    I looked up Katy Perry Sweet Treats and I think I would really like that one, the silly clothes and candy covered everything. Usually I buy all of the packs but I will never get Journey to Bantuu, there’s not a single thing about it that looks appealing.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats
    At least Journey to Batuu had some gameplay- Sweet Treats was just eye-murder.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats
    I am an OCD forced completionist and still did not get this pack. It is the only one I am missing.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I say both. I see no purpose to either pack as they DO NOT fit my gameplay style.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats
    I mean, packs are always optional so in the end it's just a purchase choice. But honestly...Sweet Treats was a $30 Stuff Pack?? That's madness! The principle alone of that drops it to the bottom for me. Not to say I couldn't have found some use for a few things in the pack, like a Witch's gingerbread house to lure children like in Hansel and Gretel. But that price is crazy. Ten bucks short of an EP? No. Way.

Batuu is awesome. The gameplay is good and the adventure is immersive, I think it was done very well for a condensed Star Wars experience and the build/buy gives us items that are totally different from the usual same-old. The CAS has become one of my absolute favorite collections because of the creative potential for making "creature" Sims, so this pack is a gem for me. But I'm also a big Star Wars fan and wanted more of it in my game anyway. I've looked for Stormtrooper CC (and others) and couldn't find any, so this was a lovely pack surprise.

I get it that a lot of people generally don't want licensed things in the game, because I usually agree. But then, strangely, it seems to depend on what the licensed product is. I think everyone has their sellout preference, it's just a matter of if it becomes available. ;)
    #Team Occult
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2020
    You need more choices. I think Strangerville is pretty bad. I'd put it below Batuu personally! I just really hope we don't get any more story packs! they are so limiting! I guess you could consider Batuu a story pack in its own right since it is so limited to a world. I think that the build and buy items are good however for Strangerville. I haven't disliked Batuu but I think it's because I am using a mod for sorcerers by Triplis and he goes there and causes extra chaos with his constant spells and fast running. I probably would enjoy it a lot less if I didn't have the fast running to zip around all the missions!

EDITED TO ADD: I completely forgot you had Sweet Treats from Sims 3 in original. That was quite a travesty. Especially considering it was a STUFF PACK. Sims 3 was outrageous between its 20 dollar stuff packs and the store content. I much prefer Sims 4's model of prices and packs!!!
  • ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    Journey to Baatu
    Batuu. For some reason Katy Perry Sweet Treats just doesn't seem THAT obnoxious. I can't explain why, but in comparison to Batuu it is...tolerable.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited November 2020
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats
    LiELF wrote: »
    I mean, packs are always optional so in the end it's just a purchase choice. But honestly...Sweet Treats was a $30 Stuff Pack?? That's madness! The principle alone of that drops it to the bottom for me. Not to say I couldn't have found some use for a few things in the pack, like a Witch's gingerbread house to lure children like in Hansel and Gretel. But that price is crazy. Ten bucks short of an EP? No. Way.

Batuu is awesome. The gameplay is good and the adventure is immersive, I think it was done very well for a condensed Star Wars experience and the build/buy gives us items that are totally different from the usual same-old. The CAS has become one of my absolute favorite collections because of the creative potential for making "creature" Sims, so this pack is a gem for me. But I'm also a big Star Wars fan and wanted more of it in my game anyway. I've looked for Stormtrooper CC (and others) and couldn't find any, so this was a lovely pack surprise.

I get it that a lot of people generally don't want licensed things in the game, because I usually agree. But then, strangely, it seems to depend on what the licensed product is. I think everyone has their sellout preference, it's just a matter of if it becomes available. ;)

Same here. I'm like, I got my Star Wars content. :)
    I was geeking out seriously after I had played enough to unlock outfits so my Cosplayers could show off back at my revamped cybercafe.
    09_19_20_10_50_00_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_19_20_10_55_51_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_19_20_11_07_20_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And I do like them roleplaying in the world also.
    That's how I am playing it anyway.
    09_18_20_9_48_42_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_13_20_2_46_22_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09_11_20_1_09_36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am very happy with the outfits I can have them wear to Geekcon.
    09_21_20_12_14_31_PM.png

To be honest, if I had to depend solely on Sims themed costumes for Geekcon, I wouldn't bother dressing them up.
    05_17_20_3_14_03_PM.png

It does feel like the development team were wearing Disney handcuffs as far as what they were allowed to permit.
    Whether Disney put on the cuffs, or they put them on themselves, I don't know.
    Part of my Cosplayer game play is doing SimTube videos and Live Streaming. But because of inventory limitations, I can't bring a drone.
    11_25_18_3_00_31_PM(1).png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think Journey to Batuu is okay, even though I don't use it much other than a couple of build/buy and CAS items. I wouldn't buy the Katy Perry one, but that's because I don't like junk food references.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Journey to Baatu
    Normally, I buy every pack, but even if JtB were free, I would not put it in my game. I don’t like aliens or Star Wars. This pack is bloat that just doesn’t make sense to me and I only think a handful of the BB objects are decent (a light and some floors). So it’s definitely the worst one to me since I wouldn’t want it even if it were free.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Journey to Baatu
    Sweet Treats is just a stuff pack, one of many I didn't like. Journey to Baatu was a big disappointment. I also hate that every time I start playing someone calls and invites me to Baatu. It's just annoying.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Lol I can't vote on either as I never bought them and I was expecting more options from the 2 provided. If it wasn't a poll I would have said Eco Lifestyle or Ambitions as they are the packs I have disliked the most and got pretty much no gameplay from. Get to Work is a very close second
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited December 2020
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats
    Ugh, KPST made my eyes bleed. Batuu is actually a place where my adventurous sims to for adventure fixes and adrenaline rushes. :D

Edit to add, just a thought, how can you dislike a pack if you've never played it?
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Journey to Baatu
    I voted for Batuu now, but I never played Katy Perry Sweet treats. I avoided some packs for the Sims 3, and waited for some to go on sale. Still don't own it, but then again, I don't own every Sims 3 packs.
    I voted for Batuu, mostly because the way the commercial was shown, it was trying to appeal to people, but just came off as really dumb. Plus, I am not a huge fan of the sequel trilogy, and also it felt like a huge advertisement to get people to see it in Disney World. Plus, all the "aliens" are in costume.
    On that note, I will probably buy it if it goes on a good sale, because the amusement of giving Sims who have no business having a light saber getting one. I plan to have Elsa from Frozen get a light saber, maybe make a Trunks from DBZ and give him a light saber, or someone like Legolas from LotR a light saber.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Journey to Baatu
    Will admit to having Sweet Treats, for 3 reasons: 1 Got it for nearly nothing in a bargain bin way back when game stores actually still had PC games in bins and remote hard to find displays. 2 Was going for filling out my limited TS3 collection at the time. 3 thought it would be better than it was.

Batu just does not sound like a good idea, based on what I've read in the forums. Admit that CK 213's photos and presentation on how he does it gives one some hope.

Eco Living should have been on the list. What I've read on the forums makes Batu seem like a work of genius by comparison.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited December 2020
    Journey to Baatu
    Katy Perry Sweet Treats isn't even bad. People just love to be edgy by hating on anything that's considered "mainstream". Hating Katy Perry and other pop stars is, for some reason, the "cool" thing for people to do.
    I think there are legit reasons to dislike the pack, like the higher price, extremely niche BB/CAS, some ugly-🐸🐸🐸🐸/uninspired items, and I personally side-eye branded content in general. Sweet Treats gets a pass with me because the absurdness of the candy-coating CAS and furniture is right up my tacky alley. Too bad I jumped too late into Sims 3 to get it.

But I agree with the rest of your post. I will add that I liked some of the grungy clothes and items of JtB, and I was tempted to buy the pack just for them. But even I can't bring myself to support this pack. (That, and I'm holding out for modders to rip them from the pack and make it into CC, like they did for the game's hairs.)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017