Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many characters (individual letters) allowed in a single post?

Don't know if this has been addressed before, but I'm wondering what the "character limit" in a post is. My chapters in my legacy are going to be between 5000-7500 words per chapter and with an average of 5 characters or more in a word, you can see just how quickly that adds up. A 7000 word chapter will easily exceed 35,000 characters if each word has an average of five characters.

I've been fragmenting my chapters into smaller (parts) to post on the forum...and that's including the bb-coding for the screencaps.
What's twice as annoying is trying to write a HTML coded format with pictures for my Sims 3 blog AND a chapter with no pictures at all at the same time for fanfiction.net.

In order to cut off my chapter parts at the appropriate cliff-hanger, I kind of have to figure out where in the story I can make the cuts. So...what's the character limit per post?
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited November 2020
    I'm sorry Simgurus and everybody else, but I seriously need an answer to this. So I'm going to test this on my own. Forgive this long non-Sims post.

Initial post...of full chapter was
    Body is 21569 characters too long
    Second post... of sections cut off
    Body is 6801 characters too long.
    Body is 496 characters too long.
    Body is 199 characters too long.
    Body is 96 characters too long.
    Body is 2 characters too long.

OK... I've come to the conclusion that you have a maximum character limit of 44,180 characters or a maximum of 8836 five-letter (character) words per post.

Yes, I'm obsessive and persistent. :p:D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Nikkei_Simmer 🙌

I would tag a Simguru next time since they are usually over in the Sims 4 parts of the forum...

I've been thinking for years that the characters for the pictures (inside the [ i m g ] brackets) don't count against the total word count, but do they? Just trying to confirm if I'm correct. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    I get the feeling that they actually do count against the total word count. @emorrill.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I liked your testing.