Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post a pic of your Sim and describe the look behind them?

When I create a Sim, most of the time I'm going for a certain look because there is a dedicated purpose behind it, a role to play. I feel like many of you do the same thing, so why not post a pic of one of your Sims and describe why they look they way they do? Please, no gallery submissions--this is for Simmers that create their Sims from the ground-up.

This is virtuoso-level spellcaster Jordan Galloway. When it comes to his facial structure and hair, I was going for a bit of a Native American vibe to him. I wanted him to look like a wise, confident man, a man who has seen and experienced things that the average person has not. The look in his weary, time-faded eyes says "I've seen it all before"

1etAraY.png

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    Still no takers? I'm surprised by that, and hopefully Simmers will participate. In the meantime....

Most of you are familiar with Tommy Turbin and Jack, but at first I was hesitant to post them--I was afraid people might think I was making fun of the crossdressing community, which I'm not. Instead, it's about putting the most unlikely guys in women's clothing. Tommy is a buff, tattooed bodybuilder in his 20's, and Jack is the burly biker type--two guys you wouldn't expect to see dressed like that

M94kECX.png

vmRpQCI.png

C'mon, folks, don't be shy :smile:

These are Bob and Eliza Pancakes' adopted teenagers, Billy Joe and Ellie Sue. I wanted Ellie Sue to look 13, and her brother 15. I also wanted them to look like they came from a rural setting, a place called "the wrong side of the tracks". Even at such young ages, they've both had trouble with the law, and they continue to get into trouble....

kKooR4N.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    OK, I’ll play. 😁

50623520271_946ee4fa15_b.jpg

I decided that she was turned into a human by a spellcaster in San Myshuno, so I wanted her to be more llama like than human. I didn’t want her to be wearing clothing, but just fur, and I wanted her to have animal traits. I didn’t want to hunt down appropriate cc; I just wanted to use whatever random things I already had in CAS. I wanted her personality traits to be similar to those of an actual llama, but I also wanted them to entertain me. So even though llamas are very social animals, I thought it was funnier to give her the Goat trait instead of a social trait, especially since the icon is a picture of a llama. She started out as a plain mannequin.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    edited November 2020
    Here is another Sim who started out life as a plain black mannequin.

50538829223_0786096e0a_b.jpg

I wanted to make her look as human as possible, given the constraints of mannequins. They can’t wear hair or makeup, but they can wear hats. I discovered that the Aayla Secura hat has a default face built into it. It turned her completely blue. Then I decided that she would be the spiritual leader of the mannequins, so I dressed her accordingly. I decided that she had been turned into semi-human form quite a while ago, and had had time to adjust to being more human like than some of my other recently-turned human Sims, like my llama. I thought that she would be more involved with the spiritual realm than with the physical realm, so I made her as slender as possible. Her hat is not cosplay; it just bears a similarity. Her hat is actually a headdress for a spiritual leader from the mannequin people.
    In contrast, this mannequin was just turned human days ago.

50531230158_ffcb9f13bd_b.jpg

He is fresh off the sales room floor. I wanted him to be very mannequin like. I left him pretty default, and gave him a job as a model, since that is the only work he knows. I gave him a big TV, because there was a TV in the fashion department in which he was a mannequin. I also gave him Thinking aspirations and traits, since he had lots of time to think when he was just standing around being a mannequin.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    When we got the ability to do cross-dressing and transgender I created Lance, my female impersonator.

By day, he is a quiet unassuming gentleman

Jw3B3Tu.png

But at night, on stage, is when he really shines

bVh2NU0.png
    The Sim on the left is loosely inspired by the grandmothers in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

50518328888_1bf27b0524_b.jpg

She is sickly and lies around in bed a lot, so for her everyday look I gave her deep circles around her eyes and very comfortable elderly-type clothing. She is also a first-generation immigrant, so for her formal outfit I gave her a folk outfit from her country that she wore when she was young. She is very poor, so most of her outfits use the same items over and over. But she is also very strange, and has a weird daughter who was willing to marry the eccentric but poor Willy Wonka, so I wanted this Sim to look a little weird too.
    And.like you, I have to create roles and community in my game so a friend for Lance was created. Kurt Dowdy. I wanted Kurt to be a man who lived as a woman full time, but hadn't gone for surgery or anything. He is just comfortable knowing who he is.

I wanted him to be a large man, look masculine, but still dress and feel feminine...

JEiMrY4.png
    edited November 2020
    fullspiral wrote: »
    And.like you, I have to create roles and community in my game so a friend for Lance was created. Kurt Dowdy. I wanted Kurt to be a man who lived as a woman full time, but hadn't gone for surgery or anything. He is just comfortable knowing who he is.

I wanted him to be a large man, look masculine, but still dress and feel feminine...

JEiMrY4.png

Kurt looks very pretty. I like the combination of his larger masculine features with his femininity.

Rouensims wrote: »

Kurt looks very pretty.

In a masculine way? I hope?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member

He is fresh off the sales room floor. I wanted him to be very mannequin like. I left him pretty default, and gave him a job as a model, since that is the only work he knows. I gave him a big TV, because there was a TV in the fashion department in which he was a mannequin. I also gave him Thinking aspirations and traits, since he had lots of time to think when he was just standing around being a mannequin.

How, pray tell, do you turn mannequins into sims?
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited November 2020
    50631051917_fb09a09c3c_z.jpg
    Aiden Morgan is the son of my witch Melisandra and her vampire lover/master Vincent. (Aiden was generated in CAS, he was not born in-game.) He's a rare vampire/witch hybrid, with his father's vampiric blood dominating. Aiden has followed in his father's footsteps as a vampire hunter and works for a splinter group of an old organization of hunters. Aiden is a skilled fighter and swordsman. A tragic past has hardened him, and he is often perceived as aloof and gruff.
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited November 2020

I would like to know this too. Your back story is fantastic Rouensims.

I generally make my sims very plain, to begin with, then their appearances change as they grow. I think of each one as a blank slate. I will try to get a pic and add it shortly.

Nate, your back stories and sims are as usual very entertaining :D
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    Thanks for posting, everyone! I didn't want to be the only one doing it, and it's interesting to read the stories behind the appearance and find out why they look the way they do

JEiMrY4.png

Kurt looks better than some of the women I've created lol

Kurt looks very pretty.

In a masculine way? I hope?

Yes, definitely.

I would like to know this too. Your back story is fantastic Rouensims.

I generally make my sims very plain, to begin with, then their appearances change as they grow. I think of each one as a blank slate. I will try to get a pic and add it shortly.

Nate, your back stories and sims are as usual very entertaining :D

Thank you! :)
    @SimsLady2000 @Oldeseadogge There is a mod for turning people into mannequins. There are also mannequins available for download on the gallery. I love playing them. 😃
    This is my only vampire, Jericho Six. I wanted him to have a dark, somber look to him, because he is. He is pure evil, but he's also gloomy much of the time, and is prone to brooding

eD6M7bU.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

This is so genius and amazing I love it!😂🧡🧡🧡🧡
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

This is so genius and amazing I love it!😂🧡🧡🧡🧡

Thank you very much! 😊

• SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited November 2020
    So How do you get playable mannequin sims? I have looked everywhere.

EDIT: I found a mod called "Living Mannequin Mod" but it hasn't been updated since 2018. Does this require a mod or is there a way to do it in-game?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited November 2020
    Most of my sims are pretty normal with no special reason behind their looks.
    Except for my cat sims. They are custom supernatural sims.
    18.png

08-25-17_8-33-32nbspPM.png

They are living at my Miss Peregrine sim's home for peculiar children.
    Here is the back story:

"Hecate, Ceridwen, and Bastet are adjusting well to their new home.
    They seem like such normal little girls that I tend to forget about their true natures.
    Well, except for Hecate's blue skin, but that's how normal they seem."

08-26-17_9-50-48nbspAM.png

"Meadow's face painting project slapped me back to the reality of our situation."

08-26-17_9-52-00nbspAM.png

"Seeing the girls with cat whiskers quickly reminded me of the warnings from the authorities who rescued the girls from Dr. Magnanimous Von Orotund's secret lab."
    08-26-17_9-51-43nbspAM.png

"'Secret lab' being his basement.
    His illegal experiments with cat/human genetic manipulation and cloning were exposed by the abnormally loud meowing coming from the girls shut away in his basement. The neighbors eventually caught on."

08-26-17_9-57-48nbspAM.png

"I was warned that there could be surprising transformations in the girls by the time they reach puberty. This is due to the metamorphical nature of Dr. Von Orotund's experiments.":
    08-26-17_9-51-14nbspAM.png

"It wasn't just cat and human DNA in his experiments.
    He also included alien DNA. How he acquired samples of alien DNA is beyond me. I've heard rumors of aliens, and even seen strange things in the sky, but I was never sure of their actual existence on the planet."

08-26-17_9-58-11nbspAM.png

"This is the reason Hecate is blue and why they believe there could be physical changes in their future.
    Apparently aliens have the ability to morph their physical appearance. The girls do have vestigial cat structures on their bodies--namely for ears and a tail. We have hidden their ears within twists of their hair. Fortunately their tails are stunted and out of sight. I am concerned that they might actually grow into full features."

08-26-17_9-58-30nbspAM.png

Unfortunately the game aged up my cat sims while I was in rotation in with other sims.
    I missed their child stages.
    05_25_20_2_15_49_AM.png

05_25_20_3_04_38_AM.png

I had created my cat sims years ago as young adults.
    Toddlers and Parenthood inspired me to age all my favorite sims back to toddlers.
    This how the trio will look when they mature. (Minus the alpha hair)
    01_30_16_2_51_08_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    edited November 2020
    So How do you get playable mannequin sims? I have looked everywhere.

EDIT: I found a mod called "Living Mannequin Mod" but it hasn't been updated since 2018. Does this require a mod or is there a way to do it in-game?

@SimsLady2000 You can actually download mannequins from the gallery if you don’t want to use mods. Just do a search for the keyword “mannequin” and you’ll find a few options.

The more human looking mannequins are glitchy in my experience. The flat-faced ones work better.

edited November 2020
    This is one of my main Sims, Sylvia.

50633210343_61264b1fc6_o.jpg

She was a secret agent who moved in with a male resident of Strangerville so she’d have a base and a cover while investigating the Strangerville mystery. I intentionally made her older than him and less conventionally attractive. You can’t see it in this picture, but she was originally sort of stocky and has gapped teeth. (The game made her slim over time because she is extremely active.) I gave her fuller jowls and a more pear-shaped face. I didn’t intend for them to fall in love (although they did).

I chose those particular eyes because I think they look intelligent but also slightly checked out, like she’s seen some things she’d rather forget. I gave her forehead wrinkles because she’s had a lot of things to worry about. I also tried to make her look slightly masculine. She makes some cursory attempts at improving her appearance, but she doesn’t try very hard because she has more important things to think about. So she wears something on her lips, but it’s plain gloss instead of a lipstick that might alter her appearance. Her hair looks sort of like she might have had a good haircut, but it’s grown out since then. Her clothes are plain so she can blend in and be unnoticed while she’s doing covert work. She wears a polo shirt that is a more out-of-date style with a popped collar. She wears flats with every outfit, even her formal attire, so she’s ready to run.

I liked the juxtaposition of her burdened maturity with elements that are more youthful: She has a cute snub nose, and she has freckles. There’s still a part of her that’s playful and childlike.
    This is one of my main Sims, Sylvia.

50633210343_61264b1fc6_o.jpg

She was a secret agent who moved in with a male resident of Strangerville so she’d have a base and a cover while investigating the Strangerville mystery. I intentionally made her older than him and less conventionally attractive. You can’t see it in this picture, but she was originally sort of stocky and has gapped teeth. (The game made her slim over time because she is extremely active.) I gave her fuller jowls and a more pear-shaped face. I didn’t intend for them to fall in love (although they did).

I chose those particular eyes because I think they look intelligent but also slightly checked out, like she’s seen some things she’d rather forget. I gave her forehead wrinkles because she’s had a lot of things to worry about. I also tried to make her look slightly masculine. She makes some cursory attempts at improving her appearance, but she doesn’t try very hard because she has more important things to think about. So she wears something on her lips, but it’s plain gloss instead of a lipstick that might alter her appearance. Her hair looks sort of like she might have had a good haircut, but it’s grown out since then. Her clothes are plain so she can blend in and be unnoticed while she’s doing covert work. She wears a polo shirt that is a more out-of-date style with a popped collar. She wears flats with every outfit, even her formal attire, so she’s ready to run.

I liked the juxtaposition of her burdened maturity with elements that are more youthful: She has a cute snub nose, and she has freckles. There’s still a part of her that’s playful and childlike.

Now this is what I'm talking about--a reason behind every feature, every shape. It tells a story :smile: