Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Marsh Legacy, rags to riches legacy

4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
My stab at the legacy challenge. I've slightly altered the rules to fit my taste, feel free to skip this first message if you're familiar with legacy, and go back to it later when something does not make sense under normal rules.

The focus is on gameplay, there will be few images and they will be ugly.

Rules:

Taken from the forum, abridged (just go there to see the details) and slightly modified to enjoy a larger part of the game.

Bold parts differ from the standard legacy rules.

Starting out
On a brand new game file used exclusively for the Legacy Challenge.

The challenge begins with a single founder, made in Create A Sim, Young Adult or older. You may choose all 5 traits. You can only pick the lifetime wish among the 5 suggested. Rerolling them as much as necessary to have the correct wish appear, but you'll likely still need at least 1 or 2 suiting traits for it to appear at all. No other sims may be created in the founder’s family.

Now to place the founder. With edit the world, place the smallest possible terrain in periphery (eg. next to a dump). Move your founder in it. Buy a bicycle, and remove all your founds, using testingcheat and familyfunds. For anextra challenge, you're not allowed to build anything on this lot or buy anything that would normally be inside.

No cheating.
Aging and story progression is on, lifespans set to the normal level.
Reasonable mods, CC and Store objects allowed.
No supernatural.

The Legacy family must be the “Active Household” during the entire challenge.

Lifespan extension:
Any form of repeated lifespan extension is prohibited. Vegetarianism and Jogging are totally fine(not repeated).
No resurection.
Unlucky trait and death flower are fair game.

I might change these rules if I find constraints that make it not OP (I'm thinking only enable on sims with an unfufilled lifetime wish, only lifetime wish point can be earned, and controlling there actions and those of household member interacting with them become a pure and strict wishacy, including actions to rejuvenate again).

Moving Sims in:
Any sim may be moved into the Legacy Family via marriage or move-in except for the following:
Sims created or previously played by a player.

In addition, moving a Sim in must increase both his personal and family wealth.

Building a Legacy House:
It must be built on a big terrain. No imperative as to when it has to be built, it can even be by your founder's children, but points aren't counted until after you got a big terrain with bedrooms for everyone.

Challenge concepts
see link

Bloodline: Any sim who can trace his or her family tree directly to the founder. Adopted sims are NOT part of the bloodline. Sims that are moved in are only considered part of the bloodline when they contribute to the birth of the next generation; even then, they aren't considered to be fully part of the bloodline.
Mate: A sim brought in from outside the family to reproduce with the current generation’s heir to produce the next generation. Upon begetting the heir, the mate becomes part of the family bloodline and eligible to earn a point.

You earn points for your family in the following ways.
Generation: You get 1 point per generation up to a maximum of 10 total Generation points.

Lifetime wants: You gain 1 point for every unique lifetime want fulfilled by a family member.

Portraits: 1 point for creating a portrait of a family member and keeping it on display after their death.

Sculpture: 1 point for creating a sculpture of a family member and keeping it on display after their death.

Legacy House: Earn 1 legacy point for every $100,000 in net worth the house is worth, up to a maximum of 20 points (2,000,000).

Aspiration Rewards: You 1 point per 100,000 points worth of aspiration rewards (rounded down) for each Sim.

Non bloodline points: mates can only grant aspiration reward points. Exception: if mates were part of the house from childhood (eg. adoption), then they can earn point like a regular bloodline members.

Birth and growing up

If you are given the option to pick n traits for any sim, you may roll the new traits n+2, locking. It applies to midlifecrisis as well. It is so that you don't have total control over your sims' personality, thus enforcing variance, but still rewards you for raising your children well.

Optional Rags restriction on the Founder:
The founder is new to the neighborhood and cannot collect any item.
They cannot sell items stolen via the kleptomaniac trait, unless they are a professional thief.
Getting caught doing illegal activity while homeless ends the game.

lifetime reward:
anything expensive (30k +) is banned, unless I find a compelling reason for it and a balanced way to manage it.

Comments

• 4xel4xel Posts: 34 Member
    edited September 2020
    Settings:

Extensions:
    Currently: Pets and Ambition.
    might have used : Late Night, University (for non university features) and Seasons

Late Night I simply don't have it, not sure it's worth for the use I'll make of it.
    University, time dilatation feels weird/OP, same reason why I won't use World Adventure.
    Seasons would be awesome with a rags start, but feels wierd on normal lifespan.

Neighborhood:
    Twinbroook (I love it)

Mods:
    Awesome mods
    For the better (slightly less blatant Truman show) story progression and the massive QoL feature.
    Nraas master controller
    For general utility: cleanup, debuging, town setting management and raising the household size limit beyond 8 (I'll try to not abuse it since it's one of the main constraint of Legacy, but a limit of 8+2 for a manor with extended family and potentially pets, I don't want to have to think about it)
    I might include Banking later on, to keep track of sims individual wealth.
    Post edited by 4xel on
    edited September 2020
    the Founder

Name: Paulina Marsh

Strategy: Money, Mate, Children.
    The goal is to give her offspring the childhood she did not have. It boils down to 3 main steps : money, mate, children. Money will be the main focus of young adult hood and children of adulthood., it's more efficient to do one after the other than to have her career dragged out by children.

Lifetime Want: Living in the lap of Luxury.
    It's one of the hardest possible wishes for a poor founder, but it's also a hard one to trigger for generations to come, and the easiest to overshoot (assuming you can't wish to be rich if you're already rich)

Career path: Law Enforcement, Forensic branch.
    The idea of a rabbit hole career is that female Sims get paid full wage on pregnancy/maternity leave. I'm assuming it beats out other ways to make money you would traditionally think of as better. It has to be a career that can be maxed in 3 weeks and preferably one that is also helpful for the other objectives.
    Buisiness is especially easy to max out.
    Journalism and forensic are great because you can rummage for information, and survey potential mates that way. Forensic beat Journalism because unlike charisma, Logic is useful at raising children, and painting beats writing short term and will come in handy for portraits painting

traits: Ambitious, Creative, Genius, Kleptomane, Workoholic.
    Creative, genius workoholic are probably necessary to max out Forensic from scratch in 3 weeks. Ambitious does help further, and along kleptomane, trigger Living in the lap of luxury. Stealing a car early on can also immenely help.

Honorable mentions:
    Family Oriented: a must have to raise children, will try to have it as a mate and with a midlife crisis.
    Perspicace: decent for mate scouting but maybe overkill with journalism/police + LTR.
    Mooch: Kleptomane but worse, especially if you use it sparingly.
    Schmoozer: always helps to ask for a promotion and a raise
    Vegetarian: always help to have painter live a little extra longer

CEayR0Q.jpg
    Post edited by 4xel on
    edited September 2020
    Day 1 (Sunday)
    First went smoothly, Paulina joined the law enforcement, and befriended her boss Scout Sargeant over a Chess table, gaining the 3 levels of logic she needs for her work as a snitch. She made a little detour to the art gallery before heading at Scout's and sleept there, in their guest room.

OYVSkxp.jpg
    Our homeless Founder living by the dump

Now is a good time to state again our professional stategy: to reach the top of the forensic ladder by adulthood. It should be about 14 workdays (5+5+4) for 9 promotions. Which means I need 4 instant (1 day) promotions, assuming I got the other promotion in two days. Asking your boss for a promotion is exceptionally helpful for when you narrowly miss the mark, and can be done once every 3 days. As a Workoholic, it even works when missing the mark not so narrowly, provided you got time to put extra hours at home to raise your performance.

Some opportunities, like working extra hours, can also be very helpful, but I probably shouldn't count on it.

Thus I should try to get as many instant promotion in the lower, easier steps of the career.
    Post edited by 4xel on
    edited September 2020
    Day 2 (Monday)

Paulina's first workday was long and rather lucky.
    She got promoted for her hard work and found a gnome at the laundrymat. There, she practiced her eloquence in the bathroom in the waiting time. After that, she hang out with her partner and potential mate, Goodwin Goode and played chess pretty late. She reached level 4 in logic and satisfoctory relation with Goode for her job. Not satisfactory for sleeping over however, and after hours of chess, courtship, and dinner, Paulina was kicked out of Good and Bad's household at 4 am and had to go back "home" for a quick nap.

Luckily, she could afford an Iconic ionic twin bed (best 1 person bed) with her bonus and the gnome, and she also "found" a pick up truck to go home with.

gVTV39O.jpg
    The Iconic ionic twin bed

82kiuwM.jpg
    Paulina, the next day, going to work with her newly found car (formerly Goode's roommate Sinbad Rotter's).
    edited September 2020
    Day 3 (Tuesday)

Paulina Plough through another echelon of the Law Enforcement Career path and becomes traffic cop by the end of the day. She heads to the librairy after work to watch a Grandmaster play, but does not seem to have gained much from it, tooltip notwithstanding, I presume because she's so tired.

She heads for bed early, level 5 of logic and reports cannot realistically be met by Wednsday, the strategy is thus to take 2 days for the next promotion and one day for the following, potentially working the Week End if she falls short Friday.

The night from tuesday to wednesday, something horrible happens: a thief pays her a visit and steals her car. As a new traffic cop, she is able to wake up and confront him, but to no avail.

79Oy7BQ.jpg
    edited September 2020
    day 4 (Wednesday)

Goodwin left the police, as I feared. One Quirks of Awesomemod progression is that residents will follow their dream and won't be magically drawn or promoted to serve you as a boss or coworker (though they will be promoted on their own more often). As a result, there is more turnover at your workplace. That's the reason Paulina started practicing Charisma, the celebrity challenge is fairly easy to fullfill and immensely help building relation with new coworker.

So that day at work, Paulina befriended Shyla Curtis, Snitch, her new coworker. After work, she got a taste of how tedious writing reports was. Another reason to complete the celebrity challenge (people you just meet tend to refuse being questionned).

Day 5 (thursday)

Paulina got promoted to patrol officer, hung out with Shyla, did some more reports.

She also hit the gym and gained one athletic points. It might or might not be a waste of time. The idea is to jog from time to time to eventually complete the Marathon Runner challenge, and maybe to be proficient at stopping burglar, although I don't count on it.
    edited September 2020
    Day 6 (Friday)

Due to insufficient report, Paulina did not get promoted that day. She did some reports and went to bed early

Day 7 (Saturday)
    Very early wake up (the sleep schedule is still not back to normal from Monday night), 4 hours of work, met boss late in the Morning and obtained a raise and a promotion. She is now Lieutenant and has her very own police car. She also got enough points to buy her first life time reward : fast learner!

EcIA5tR.jpg
    edited September 2020
    Day 8 (Sunday)

After, a lot of report and a little bit of chess eating at the restaurant, Paulina is ready for the next day. She is now level 5 in logic and learnt that Evil Sims require extra work to get to talk.

0lqdGru.jpg

The perfect picture would have been with an evil sims refusing to talk, which Julienne Nack is not, but I was already lucky with Chess, questionning and formal wear in the same picture.
    Post edited by 4xel on
    Day 9 (Monday)

Another 1 day promotion. She also got a opportunity to raise her performance and Boss relationship by greeting the neighborhood (enctountering 3 new Sims).

Day 10 (Tuesday)

An easy 1 day promotion (thanks to the opportunity)