Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: SW:JB Sept.-Oct. 2020

Comments

• szanne7777szanne7777 Posts: 43 Member
    @luthienrising, @kirivian, @GiveMeADundie

***This first part is regarding TheSimsResource only:***

Apparently, short wall sizes went through a site-wide fix but the fix is problematic (appearance-wise).

From what Andrew said here (pg 4), he would prefer to put out the best batch fix sims4studios is able because they cannot undo a previous batch fix without a ton of complications.

https://sims4studio.com/thread/22277/post-patch-related-issues-thread?page=4

I take that to mean if a window/door/arch is fixed (incorrectly/badly my understanding) prior to sims4studios putting out their batch fix, that batch fix will NOT be able to correct them because they will no longer have the cutout, which is the issue with why they are not showing correctly and I believe to be something the s4s batch fix will be looking for.

If you continue to read from that page onward, you will see a picture of some of the TSR "fixed" items and people's comments after downloading them.

Specifically, xordevoreaux said,

"Mutske confirmed to me that the cracks in the walls and larger-than-necessary cutouts that extend beyond the window frames [are] from the TSR batch attempt, not anything she's done. She's still waiting on the next release of the TSR tool. She also mentioned something that I did not notice, which is that the TSR batch tool's fix also affects the wall surface immediately around the window."

~~~~~~~

Regarding creator's items that have been fixed by them (Minc, TheJim07, etc.), they have manually gone in and updated their items to work with the new coordinate method introduced by EA.

This link will take you to a thread where these items are being discussed/linked:

https://sims4studio.com/thread/22180/creators-who-updated-doors-windows?page=1&scrollTo=148761

~~~~~~~

I hope this clears things up - it has been confusing for me, too, lol, and I'm reading everything I can find about this issue! 🤣
  • CidiraCidira Posts: 17 Member
    > @GiveMeADundie said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > How is this any different from other creators who have fixed their windows? (Minc, TheJim07, Kalino) Or would all "fixed" CC windows and doors break by the S4S patch?

Fixed CC windows and doors shouldn't be affected by the S4S batchfix in any way, because the batchfix should be searching for windows and doors that don't have new-style cutouts, and giving them new-style cutouts, and all fixed windows and doors, whether whoever fixed them did a good job or not, will already have new-style cutouts. The difference is that a CC window or door that has been already fixed well won't NEED the S4S batchfix.

While there's no guarantee that every creator who fixes their own windows by hand will do a great job, odds are that most creators who are going out of their way to fix their own stuff by hand right now instead of waiting for a batchfix are testing the results, making sure they look ok, not releasing fixes if they don't look ok, etc.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thanks, all! <3 I'm going to add these new door/windows updates with a note for the ones with comments about issues on them.

Updated CC Doors and Windows
    Updated Mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    New for the Patch
    • LeRoiDeTout has made some LE-stopping mods available for free download on their Patreon (these previously were Discord downloads):
      should_stop_organization_error - fixes a new current bug from the 1.66 patch relating to University organizations

should_stop_club_errors - fixes the "UnavailableClubError" that is often seen with lilsimsie's save file

should_stop_fatherwinter_errors - this fixes the issue caused by children of Father Winter and the "score multiplier" error/inventory glitch associated with the trait

degree_tracker_bandaid - this fixes the "Division by Zero" error that occurs when a Sim has a cheated degree. The game tries to calculate the GPA of a Sim who never attended any classes and bugs out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GiveMeADundieGiveMeADundie Posts: 28 Member
    edited September 2020
    @luthienrising I don't know if your note above for Mutske's CC pertains to the others, but I just wanted to say that Nynaeve Design windows for medium and tall walls have no transparency on the top ¼ of the window. Otherwise, the short windows work pretty great on all wall sizes.

Edit: I have only tried the Lyne Build Set from ND so far
    "I'm not what I think I am. I'm not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am."

@luthienrising I don't know if your note above for Mutske's CC pertains to the others, but I just wanted to say that Nynaeve Design windows for medium and tall walls have no transparency on the top ¼ of the window. Otherwise, the short windows work pretty great on all wall sizes.

Edit: I have only tried the Lyne Build Set from ND so far

Thanks - I'll add a note for those as well!
    edited September 2020
    Updated Mods
    NOTE: I will not be able to update this thread over the weekend. If you see updates in the wild, please do post them here, though!
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited September 2020
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited September 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »
    I don't see it anywhere, but does anyone know if Life Decider by KawaiiStacie still works? It does what it needs to do, but I just found out through testing that my sims barely gain any relationship with each other when it is in the mods folder.

According to her website, it does: https://www.kawaiistaciemods.com/updates Make sure you're on the current version. It might also be conflicting with another mod.

It wasn't. I just updated so I am on the current version and I tested it thoroughly with different mods and on its own without any other cc. It slows down relationship gain majorly and that wasn't one of its features. Strange how I'm the only one experiencing that.

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm beginning to wonder if a batch fix is possible. People are saying Mutske cc is still having problems.
    @Duvelina I'd head over to her Discord to see if that's a reported issue. The mods there haven't made an announcement about it if it is, and they usually do. They might have a way around it.

New for the Patch
  • StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    szanne7777 wrote: »
    From what Andrew said here (pg 4), he would prefer to put out the best batch fix sims4studios is able because they cannot undo a previous batch fix without a ton of complications.
    Does that mean that once the batch fix goes live, any CC windows and doors that weren't submitted to them before then are unfixable (except manually by the author, at least)?

WELP.
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • bk1226bk1226 Posts: 20 Member
    Basic doors by Descargas Sims are broken.
    bk1226 wrote: »
    Basic doors by Descargas Sims are broken.

That's definitely in "all doors."

Mod Updates
    • MC Command Center (Deaderpool) - 7.4.0 - includes some fixes, inter-mod compatibility

• shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    I haven't played the game since the patch. Been waiting for S4S to get the batch fix. I have tons of windows/doors from Mutske and Peacemaker. Have some others too. Don't know if they have all been sumitted too the S4S team. Hope the batch fix can fix the ones that haven't been sumitted to them.
  • SoulToSqueezeSoulToSqueeze Posts: 10 New Member
    Deaderpool released the new version of the MC Command Center / MC Woohoo.
  • UnumProvident101UnumProvident101 Posts: 16 Member
    one custom door that I downloaded on 4/13/2015 is broken and I don't think that it has been updated yet and it's made by AdonisPluto
  • szanne7777szanne7777 Posts: 43 Member
    > @StarryMight said:
    > (Quote)
    > Does that mean that once the batch fix goes live, any CC windows and doors that weren't submitted to them before then are unfixable (except manually by the author, at least)?
    >
    > WELP.

My understanding of Andrew's request for cc windows/doors/arches was so that he could work with a wide variety of shapes and sizes and curves for the batch fix he is working on.

I don't think that means if something wasn't submitted it cannot be repaired by said batch fix once it is ready --- I do not know for sure; this is just my opinion.

It seems that rectangular items will be fixed with the batch fix. The hold up is due to irregularly shaped items - triangles, curves, and other items (possibly atypical heights and/or widths). We will need to wait and see.

The good news is that if the batch fix updates everything but those irregular shapes then creators will not have as many to fix. Also, there are a few tutorials on how to manually update these build items coming out, which will help even more.

(Here is one: https://simoviacourt.tumblr.com/post/629907435246714880/how-to-fix-your-cc-doors-and-windows-by-xineas )

For now, I would download sets that have actually been fixed by their creators, treat any TSR supposed fixes with suspicion, and use either EA windows/doors/arches or recolors of those OR use the workaround (use an EA item and size it down).

Here is the link for updated sets: https://sims4studio.com/thread/22180/creators-who-updated-doors-windows?page=1&scrollTo=149765

~~~~~~~

I also think we need to be patient and recall that the sims4studio team does all that they do while living/working their own lives (work, family, etc.). Andrew has stated that he wants the batch fix to be the best one he can create.
  • CidiraCidira Posts: 17 Member
    > @catitude5 said:
    > I'm beginning to wonder if a batch fix is possible. People are saying Mutske cc is still having problems.

The S4S folks say theirs is coming along nicely, they're just holding the results to a high standard because they won't get a second chance to fix the same file, and saving a clean copy of files in case of a better second edition is asking a lot of ordinary players. TSR can afford to release a sloppy fix because they can save their own clean copies for running future fixes, and update the download whenever there's an improvement.

> @StarryMight said:
    > (Quote)
    > Does that mean that once the batch fix goes live, any CC windows and doors that weren't submitted to them before then are unfixable (except manually by the author, at least)?
    >
    > WELP.

That's not how S4S batchfixes work at all. You might be thinking of an actual Sims 4 game patch, where everything has already happened by the time you download it, and all you do is install it and your game either has that patch or it does not, all or nothing. S4S batchfixes are actions -- they're items on a menu in S4S that you can pick at any time to tell S4S to go through your Mods folder (or some other folder you tell it to look in) and have it check all the files to see if any of them need that particular fix, and then fix them. If you later download something else that needs that fix, you run it again, and it fixes all the unfixed stuff you've acquired since the last time you ran that fix.

The upcoming cutout fix will do something more or less like this to the entire folder you point it at:

1) Check the file to see if it's a window or a door, or something else that doesn't have cutouts and therefore doesn't need the fix. (If it's something else, it will move on to the next file without doing anything else.)
    2) Check to see if it already has the new type of cutout. (If it does, it will move on to the next file without doing anything else... which is why it won't fix any files that already have bad "fixes", because they already have the new cutouts.)
    3) If it IS a window or door, save a copy in the directory it's created as a backup for this specific instance of this specific batchfix (so if it really messes something up, you'll still have an unchanged copy of the file and it'll be easy to find).
    4) Follow the process they came up with to calculate the coordinates for the cutout.
    5) Add a Model Cutout resource to the file, with the correctly formatted coordinates.
    6) Save the fixed file, hooray.
    7) Move on to the next file and start again with step 1.

The complicated part is step 4. The reason they asked people to submit examples is that, while it's pretty straightforward to calculate the coordinates for a rectangular shape, it's a lot more complicated to do for some other shapes. Especially shapes with any sides that aren't straight lines, which may need algebra.

In order to make sure the fix is doing a good job on those shapes, they need to know what kind of more complex window and door shapes are out there in the first place, they need to come up with methods for calculating the coordinates of those shapes, and they need actual CC files for windows and doors with those shapes that they can test the fix on and see if it creates good cutouts.

All those windows and doors people gave them links for are the examples they'll be using to develop and test the instructions for making cutouts for circles, triangles, shapes with curved tops, and so on, in the hope that they can get it to do a good job automating all the funky-shaped windows and doors people didn't send them links for, too.

(Also, if you're not already using other S4S batchfixes, you should probably look into it. Some of them can fix stuff WAY more broken than this -- all those cutout-less windows and doors just look funny and Sims have no idea players can't see through them, but some of the other batchfixes (especially the Cats and Dogs object fix) can fix stuff that causes real game problems.)
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Thank you all for letting me know about Selectable Pets. I take it realistic reactions are also broken currently?
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    Thank you all for letting me know about Selectable Pets. I take it realistic reactions are also broken currently?

Everything that is reported as broken is listed on page 1 :)
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited September 2020
    I don't know why I'm suddenly getting this now, but for me, the ad-free option on Kawaii Stacie's Life Decider Mod is coming up as suspected as either malicious, unwanted or uncommon. This is for both the autonomous and no autonomy versions. Google Chrome is blocking it. I have never had an issue with it before.

In my case, I kept the old version so I could put it back into my mods folder. It's from October last year but it still works just fine for me.

I just wanted to make others aware of this issue. I don't think it's doing the same thing on any of her other mods.

If anyone knows what to do or if anything is being done about this please let me know. I want to update my mod.

Edit: The same exact thing occurred when I went to update MC Command Center, but I just let it through anyway.
    Post edited by simgirl542 on
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »

Everything that is reported as broken is listed on page 1 :)

Thank you :) I called myself searching, I even did the Ctrl+F key function. I may have overlooked it
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Does anyone know if you can still play with Kawaiistacie's Afterschool mod? It seems to be broken somehow and not yet updated, but she isn't really updating it anymore somehow, so I thought if it was working and just throwing LEs or anything?

Still haven't updated because of that.
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I don't know why I'm suddenly getting this now, but for me, the ad-free option on Kawaii Stacie's Life Decider Mod is coming up as suspected as either malicious, unwanted or uncommon. This is for both the autonomous and no autonomy versions. Google Chrome is blocking it. I have never had an issue with it before.

In my case, I kept the old version so I could put it back into my mods folder. It's from October last year but it still works just fine for me.

I just wanted to make others aware of this issue. I don't think it's doing the same thing on any of her other mods.

If anyone knows what to do or if anything is being done about this please let me know. I want to update my mod.

Edit: The same exact thing occurred when I went to update MC Command Center, but I just let it through anyway.

Chrome is getting very picky about what it allows. They are especially making it hard to get to Tumblr accounts, calling them malicious. When that happens, I go use another browser like Opera or Edge and there is no problem. (I always have to do that to get anything from KiaraZurk, for instance. It's a safe website, but Chrome doesn't like it.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top