Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shiny Sims Caused By CC On Mac

I recently switched to playing The Sims 4 on a mac after playing on a Windows computer and I noticed that my sims are shiny. This shiny issue also appears in CAS, not just in game, and I have the exact same CC folder I had when I was on a Windows computer (I also never noticed any shiny sims on the Windows). Does anyone know what's causing it and how I can fix it? I'm also pretty sure multiple pieces of CC cause this to happen but it's super hard to pin point which one, sometimes my sims' outfits are shiny, other times they aren't if that makes sense.

An example of what my sims look like is this:
pVe3FOQ.jpg (original picture from https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CC-RELATED-Random-Sims-are-shiny-and-have-Texture-Overlay/td-p/7955802?attachment-id=309454)
。゚゚・。・゚゚。
.~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
 ゚・。・

Comments

• crimsontidecrimsontide Posts: 2 New Member
    I had this issue appear as well after the patch (without messing around with my CC, mind you). If you don't mind using S4Studio, you can easily fix it on your own, you just have to track down the offending CC piece. I used this guide to fix CC and it worked flawlessly.
    https://giuliettasims.com/2019/07/detecting-and-fixing-shiny-post-patch-custom-content/
  • SchmoloopSchmoloop Posts: 116 Member
    Oh, okay, thank you @crimsontide @FairyGodMother
    。゚゚・。・゚゚。
    .~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~..~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'♥'~•.,,.•~'
     ゚・。・
  • CrazimaSimmerCrazimaSimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    Does this work for faces with Question marks, red and white patchy sims also? I wonder if I messed up, because I left the game running on the PC, forgot and loaded on Mac laptop later? I did d/l a couple of houses.....I don't d/l custom content on it's own, just stuff from the Gallery.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Does this work for faces with Question marks, red and white patchy sims also? I wonder if I messed up, because I left the game running on the PC, forgot and loaded on Mac laptop later? I did d/l a couple of houses.....I don't d/l custom content on it's own, just stuff from the Gallery.

If you have red and white patchy sims with question marks, it usually means you are missing a mesh. I'm not sure how that would happen if you don't download cc. CC does not transfer through the gallery. What I would suggest is make a family with your borked question mark Sims and save your household then download The Sims 4 Tray Importer. It has a Mac and a PC version. You can use the program to look at the family you just made and all the custom content used will be shown. You can either try to track down the CC and see if a mesh is needed and download it. Or you can delete the CC altogether.