Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Was looking forward to Eco Living but don't like violence in games

So, all I've been trying to follow the conversation around the NAPS especially the two around fighting, free love and stealing - three features I don't particularly care for in the game. I like the idea of the sims being autonomous and choosing a NAP, so I don't want to purchase the EP and disable one of the main features.
NAPs-I-do-not-want.png

I have Get Together, so I have to delete the neighborhood brawl holiday in all my saves. A lil annoying, but not game breaking. But with EL, it seems like you have to disable all NAPs and can't just choose which NAPs you don't want to have running in your game. And that is disappointing 😥 as I was really hyped about the pack after the live play because I have an Off the Grid family and the pack adds more items that enhances that game play.

I'm hoping The Sims team will patch the game and make it so that you can select which NAPs can run in your game.
Anyone heard whether this is something the SimGurus are considering and will implement?
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited August 2020
    I have not seen or heard anything like that from the SimGurus. The bug fixing team will probably do something about Sharing is Caring as that one is constantly getting posts from people who had their community lots destroyed. I don't think they will add any options to disable particular NAPs.

You can buy the pack and disable NPC voting, then you can vote for the NAPs you want in those neighborhoods that you play in.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    edited August 2020
    Even if you disable NAPs it only disables the autonomous voting which is pure chaos anyway. By chaos I mean 3-4 random NAPs running in every neighbourhood all of the time and changing as time goes by. With NAPs disabled you can still set NAPs by voting for them with your own sim or by cheating and pick the ones you really want!
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I am unsure about getting this pack for exactly the same reason as the OP. I understand that we can disable the NPC voting, but from other descriptions I've read elsewhere, I'm getting the impression that after disabling the NPC voting, you still have to go around to all the other neighborhoods and repeal or cheat away any already existing NAPs that are in effect, otherwise sims that live in or have visited those neighborhoods will show up with the NAP traits from those pre-existing NAPs. I have about 15 different saved games, and I play rotationally in almost all of them, so this would be a lot of work for me.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation? If NPC voting on NAPs is disabled immediately from the settings menu upon opening the saved game after installing EL, before starting to play any household, does this prevent any NAPs being assigned to other neighborhoods?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am unsure about getting this pack for exactly the same reason as the OP. I understand that we can disable the NPC voting, but from other descriptions I've read elsewhere, I'm getting the impression that after disabling the NPC voting, you still have to go around to all the other neighborhoods and repeal or cheat away any already existing NAPs that are in effect, otherwise sims that live in or have visited those neighborhoods will show up with the NAP traits from those pre-existing NAPs. I have about 15 different saved games, and I play rotationally in almost all of them, so this would be a lot of work for me.

But maybe I'm misunderstanding the situation? If NPC voting on NAPs is disabled immediately from the settings menu upon opening the saved game after installing EL, before starting to play any household, does this prevent any NAPs being assigned to other neighborhoods?

Yes, it prevents. I've started a new save file and disabled npc nap voting immediatly and had no problem. In neighbourhoods where i have played sims i have voted for some naps but none of the three mentioned by op nor any that spawn stuff in the inventory like Foods United or Creative Arts. I'm still afraid of using those cause anyone visiting the neighbourhood would stay with the nap behaviour forever (even after death, as a ghost)... it's supposed to be fixed by the latest patch but it seems that people are saying that it still happens...?
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I suggest to disable NAP.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited August 2020

All I had to do was turn off voting from the main menu. No nap has ever been activated. I got a pop up saying it was (other people have also) but nothing actually happens.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Yes, it prevents. I've started a new save file and disabled npc nap voting immediatly and had no problem. In neighbourhoods where i have played sims i have voted for some naps but none of the three mentioned by op nor any that spawn stuff in the inventory like Foods United or Creative Arts. I'm still afraid of using those cause anyone visiting the neighbourhood would stay with the nap behaviour forever (even after death, as a ghost)... it's supposed to be fixed by the latest patch but it seems that people are saying that it still happens...?

It doesn't matter if you use the NAPS or not. :(

At first after the patch, my game was working as intended. Generation 5 now and everyone is just doing NAP interactions whether they were voted in or not. When I started this save I disabled NAPS immediately. I've only voted in a few select ones in a few select neighbourhoods. Everyone's just doing whatever everywhere regardless. :/ The only plus side now is that it's not so intrusive. They don't spam the interactions so you actually can get some things done in a day.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

At first after the patch, my game was working as intended. Generation 5 now and everyone is just doing NAP interactions whether they were voted in or not. When I started this save I disabled NAPS immediately. I've only voted in a few select ones in a few select neighbourhoods. Everyone's just doing whatever everywhere regardless. :/ The only plus side now is that it's not so intrusive. They don't spam the interactions so you actually can get some things done in a day.

Oh that's such a bummer! This was the feature i was more excited about in EL... it's so disappointing...
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    As a victim of domestic violence, I was offended by the Rough Housing Encouraged NAP. That was the first of the NAPs that I worked to repeal. Then it was Sharing Is Caring. Then I finally used the game options and other cheats when the NAPs made a mess of my game. My game seems to be stable right now, but that was after a lot of work disabling the NAPs in every neighborhood. I feel that I was duped into thinking that there wouldn't be all the chaos they caused by the descriptions that accompanied them. If you haven't purchased this pack don't bother, unless you like total chaos.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    edited August 2020
    Sorry, duplicate post
    Post edited by mebagl15 on
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I don’t play rotationally and my sim doesn’t travel a lot so I’ve not had to worry about other neighbourhoods, but I do use the cheat to instant repeal if one of the disruptive NAPs gets voted in. All the ones mentioned above are not to my taste/values and like the OP have to delete some of the holidays as well.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member

Strange, have you tried simvasion's mod? I had problems with my sims doing NAPs even if I had removed them with cheats. It turned out to be a bug where the NPC autonomy was stuck on my sims, simvasion's mod fixed it.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    logion wrote: »

Strange, have you tried simvasion's mod? I had problems with my sims doing NAPs even if I had removed them with cheats. It turned out to be a bug where the NPC autonomy was stuck on my sims, simvasion's mod fixed it.

I have not! I have not used any mods so far in TS4. However, the NAPS I think will drive me to it. Thanks for the link, I've saved it and I'll have a look at it in the morning. :)

I still like the NAPS in theory. Too bad they can't function properly. This might be the solution until they fix it.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Thank you so much @telmarina @Babykittyjade and @Camkat for your answers to my question. It sounds like different people are having different experiences regarding being able to fully disable the NAPs or not, which suggests that the problem is a bug rather than a flawed design. Hopefully they will fix this. And I agree with you Camkat, I like the idea of NAPs. I originally thought it would be a good way to make different neighborhoods have a different feel, but it doesn't seem like it's worked out well in actual implementation. Too bad, because it could have been pretty useful and fun.

@logion Thank you for the mod suggestion! :smiley: I've bookmarked it in case I do decide to get this pack. I definitely don't have a problem using mods (I already have about 50 so what's one more? :joy: ). I think though for now I'll hold off on getting this pack and see if it gets cleaned up officially first. Even though a number of features and items in EL appeal to me, I don't have a burning need to play it right this minute. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have N.A.P.s disabled and that works fine in my game.

I have a eco footprint working as well.

Ohh... don’t worry, I have other bugs in my save. It would be too unfair otherwise.

I’m looking forward to using different N.A.P.s later on when things have calmed down a bit.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Just turn off NAPs in settings as soon as you get the pack, it won't disable them but it'll make it so they won't autonomously turn on, then you can just pick and chose which ones you want.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Just turn off NAPs in settings as soon as you get the pack, it won't disable them but it'll make it so they won't autonomously turn on, then you can just pick and chose which ones you want.

@Onverser but then that takes away the fun of autonomy. I really do like to see what the sims will do on their own. In the game options under Music you can choose to not listen to certain songs. Heck even turn off an entire station by deselecting all of the songs.
    Sims-Music.png
    I'm glad about that because if I get the Knitting pack I am shutting off all the metal songs, and may add some music I have to the metal folder if I can.

We should be able to select and deselect NAPs in the settings too. That would cure alot of heartache I think.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »

@Onverser but then that takes away the fun of autonomy. I really do like to see what the sims will do on their own. In the game options under Music you can choose to not listen to certain songs. Heck even turn off an entire station by deselecting all of the songs.
    Sims-Music.png
    I'm glad about that because if I get the Knitting pack I am shutting off all the metal songs, and may add some music I have to the metal folder if I can.

We should be able to select and deselect NAPs in the settings too. That would cure alot of heartache I think.

I think you will have to look for a mod in that case.

I am having a lot of fun with the pack without the N.A.P.s. If I find the right mod to change them into what I would like to see then I might turn them on.