Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plopsy's UI + General thoughts?

Hey all,

Now that the trailers' dropped, what are your thoughts on the new stuff pack?
I'm pretty undecided atm, and will likely make up my mind after seeing simmers play with it.

The main thing I'm disapointed about is the seemingly lack of a new UI for plopsy.
9CcbkSb.png

I was hoping for something similar to the gallery. You can click 'open plopsy' on a computer and it gives you a pop-ip where you can browse for items being sold and view your account, where you can list items, set prices, etc.

They never suggested this was the plan, but as they mentioned they were thinking of making a new UI for locked clothes in CAS, I had hoped they might consider doing a revamp of the boring scroll menu they use for a lot of things, as seen in the left picture.

At the minute, the pack seems kind of 'weak' to me, and a fun new UI would've definitely been a big plus in my book at least. What do you think?
ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm interested. My prefered features are plopsy (i think it'll work well as it looks), kids and teens also being able to knit and the rock chair.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Their UI changes with every pack are very minimal so this is kinda what I expected Plopsy to look like... I think the pack looks okay. I'm not going to buy it at release though. Not after Eco Lifestyle.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited July 2020
    logion wrote: »
    Their UI changes with every pack are very minimal so this is kinda what I expected Plopsy to look like... I think the pack looks okay. I'm not going to buy it at release though. Not after Eco Lifestyle.

Yeah just like @logion im not buying at release again. Im still upset with EL and it's tons of bugs unfixed after a month... no buying at release, no pre ordering again. If people gives a good feedback then im buying it.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Considering the sheer amount of stuff in the pack (knitting skill, new craftables with unlocks, Plopsy, Rocking Chair, two new radio stations) before we even get to CAS and Build/Buy objects...

Being disappointed in a lack of new UI is very, very low on my thoughts about the pack. Like it doesn't even exist.

They're making UI changes to CAS. That's enough to ask of a stuff pack. (Note to self - go through and pull all CC from active sim families before the pre-pack patch drops, because I've a feeling CAS CC is going to break. No insight, just a gut feeling.)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @DaWaterRat I hope my favorite CAS items don't break. They make my sims look beautiful.

I very much want to be wrong about this, believe me. I'm just going with better safe than sorry.
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    I think it gets the job done. One other thing I noticed was that apparently our Sims will have usernames for Plopsy. We’ve never been able to actually set up any kind of account for Sims before, so that’s kind of cute.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Your asking for a big headache if you buy it day 1. Eco Living is a mess and there hasn't been a peep about fixes. Now if you enjoy bugs then go for it but you been warned.
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am excited for it. I only have one stuff pack that i got during this recent sale but the gameplay this one has seems to me too good to pass on.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    This is the feature I'm most looking forward to. A new UI would have been nice but as I wasn't expecting it I'm cool with what we have.
  • GilbertStrangePennyGilbertStrangePenny Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2020
    Your asking for a big headache if you buy it day 1. Eco Living is a mess and there hasn't been a peep about fixes. Now if you enjoy bugs then go for it but you been warned.
    Yes there has lol
    oRt8XBX.png

It isnt very clear what the top bug is but here is a link to what it is talking about
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-ECO-NAPs-from-all-neighbourhoods-are-applied-to-visiting/td-p/9185155
    Nothing is guaranteed to be fixed but they are acknowledging some pretty nasty bugs
    As for the OP: I dont care about the UI in the slightest. While I am not thrilled about the theme NK looks like a very well designed pack. Ts4 does a good job with stuff packs to begin with but NK goes beyond the usual standard and it feels like a minigame pack.
    Uh hello, Based Department?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,411 Member
    I didn't expect much from the plopsy UI so I'm not heavily disappointed. But some sort of filter would have been nice, for example filter only knittables, woodworks,...
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I said this in another thread as well but if there is actually a big variety of items you can buy and sell on plopsy we will need categories or a different UI. I ain't scrolling through 226 collectibles, 174 paintings and 532 pieces of woodwork to get to the knittables.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing as I have wanted a system with locked items that could not be purchased in build/buy/cas since Get to Work retail I'm truly not seeing an issue this is a stuff pack did anyone truly expect a new UI to be created just for it.

Maybe I'm just to excited about the elders being able to reminisce a feature I requested for this pack early on and it actually got added and all the tie ins to other packs like Cats and Dogs University and Get Together and content for babies-kids this pack truly expands the game and is not a mini game like most so the UI is truly not a big deal for me.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm interested in Plopsy the most, but the UI isn't that big of a deal. I'm thinking of a family where one parent stays home with the kids and makes money crafting and selling things on Plopsy.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I do not feel the pack is weak per se (metal music, knitting skill, rocking chair, elder reminiscence, Plopsy, locked CAS assets, baby clothes, lots of crosspack compatibility such as cats playing with yarn, etc.), especially for a stuff pack, but I am not a big fan of the theme. I am about as excited as I was for Bowling Night.

However, I know people that are excited and that the community voted for the theme no matter how dull I find it. So, yeah, I am going to grab it because it looks solid, but nothing sets me on fire.