Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bills are too low for rich sims?

1235...Next

Comments

• TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I still think bills are to low even with the fix. Sims earn so much simoleons when they get a few promotions into a career.

Are you joking? so, a house worth about 65000$, having bills of 4000$? you call that low? not even with three jobs you can afford that. I started a new game last week, my house is pretty small, my sim doesnt have a job (because they are pointless), i was paying about 3000$, i added a really small room and it raised another 1000$? 🐸🐸🐸🐸... im only surviving because i sell everything i pick from the gift pile, or anywhere and still sometimes i cant. And im playing basically without any service.

Low.. yeah, dont make me laugh.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    Tantalus wrote: »
    I still think bills are to low even with the fix. Sims earn so much simoleons when they get a few promotions into a career.

Are you joking? so, a house worth about 65000$, having bills of 4000$? you call that low? not even with three jobs you can afford that. I started a new game last week, my house is pretty small, my sim doesnt have a job (because they are pointless), i was paying about 3000$, i added a really small room and it raised another 1000$? ❤️❤️❤️❤️... im only surviving because i sell everything i pick from the gift pile, or anywhere and still sometimes i cant. And im playing basically without any service.

No I'm not joking actually. Most of my families consist of at least two working adults and the amount of simoleons they earn compared to their living costs is so much. The money just keep mounting up with nothing to spend it on. The problem isn't bills it's that sims get paid to much.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member

Are you joking? so, a house worth about 65000$, having bills of 4000$? you call that low? not even with three jobs you can afford that. I started a new game last week, my house is pretty small, my sim doesnt have a job (because they are pointless), i was paying about 3000$, i added a really small room and it raised another 1000$? ❤️❤️❤️❤️... im only surviving because i sell everything i pick from the gift pile, or anywhere and still sometimes i cant. And im playing basically without any service.

That seems right, though. Your Sim doesn't have a job - so a few paintings at most, a couple books, a garden, etc. and the bills are easily paid. If not, downsize because your Sim is living beyond their means even though it should be easy to generate that type of money in a week. The bills aren't too high.

How does your Sim spend time?
  • lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    lisfyre wrote: »
    I haven't played in awhile and when I went in today, my sim had a $15,000 bill on her $123,000 house!! Is this right or is it a glitch?

Check your inventories (both your Sim's and the inventory in buildmode). I bet you have thousands of Simmolions worth of stuff in there if your bills are that high.

My current household has a 90 000 house and their bills are fluctuating between 3500 and 4500 depending on if I remember to sell / delete all the stuff I collect like valuable treasures found when dumpster diving or literally diving, valuable seashells, high value Fizz six-packs...

My guess is that you have a whole second house worth of furniture or plants in your buildmode Inventory increasing the value of your lot, hence increasing your bills.

Thanks. She had a ton of furniture and gifts cause she topped 2 careers after university so she had at least a house and a half in her inventory. I just never paid attention to it. Well I've bulldozed her original house, smallerized it, got rid of the excess and I'm down to a $103K house with $10K taxes/bills. She's got $1.2 million so she's ok.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I guess a job isn't pointless if you can't pay bills without it :pensive:
    Easiest way without a job is probably to paint. It's very quick to get to high painting levels and you make a bunch of money as you go. Get the reward trait in the store to make them make higher quality ones or the one that makes crafted items sell for more. One painting should cover those bills.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    I actually still think the bills are too low for richest families :) As I do not like to play at huge lots, there are limitations on how big the house can be.

Ended up filling her household inventory with expensive items :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've found the opposite in my game at the minute, my sim has a pretty average house, it's a 20x15 lot and there's nothing particularly expensive but bills are like 4000+ for lot tax alone.
  • TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    edited November 2020
    CelSims wrote: »
    I guess a job isn't pointless if you can't pay bills without it :pensive:
    Easiest way without a job is probably to paint. It's very quick to get to high painting levels and you make a bunch of money as you go. Get the reward trait in the store to make them make higher quality ones or the one that makes crafted items sell for more. One painting should cover those bills.

Lol, i gain more money just selling any gift every day than actually working in a job. Ridiculous. Thats why they are useless, and yup, i paint, i create computer viruses or whatever, i sell stuff on plopsy, but still the main problem is that i dont have a clue why my little house have such expensive taxes. Its ridiculous.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    According Eco Living the water collectors, wind turbines and solar panels are suppose to help lower the bills. After the patch and thanks to those of you that wanted higher bills it has made Eco Living useless.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    According Eco Living the water collectors, wind turbines and solar panels are suppose to help lower the bills. After the patch and thanks to those of you that wanted higher bills it has made Eco Living useless.
    I wanted my bills to go back to normal. I don’t know who was asking for higher bills than that. When the EL came out they patched bills for everyone and my bills went from 10-20k to 300-450. It was absurd. It was because the lot taxes were left completely out of the equation which was definitely a BUG. Now they’re fixed.

If you have a complaint about Eco Lifestyle being useless for making your bills lower, that’s a complaint for Eco Lifestyle.