Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bills are too low for rich sims?

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sim’s bill went from about $200 to about $2,000!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yup, they fixed it alright, lol. Sims' bills were barely above 300 before they "fixed" it, now they are around $10,000-14,000 for $200,000+ house. Oh they can afford it, but it's such a drastic increase. :#
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2020
    The lot tax was fixed in the last patch.
    By the way, the roof-placed solar panels and turbines are unbreakable by default (as you can't walk on a roof to fix them), though they cost a bit more.

@TomasGrizzly ... I guess I'll replace it with the roof-top turbine. I failed to realize that one is for the ground and the other is for the roof. Thanks a bunches.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Yup, they fixed it alright, lol. Sims' bills were barely above 300 before they "fixed" it, now they are around $10,000-14,000 for $200,000+ house. Oh they can afford it, but it's such a drastic increase. :#

My sims stay in there house almost like a legacy, and I'm wondering now how future generations are going to be able to afford it lol. Might have to make sure they work their little simmy butts off hahaha

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited October 2020
    When i was still playing, i made a habit of deducting my family simoleons up to 50.000 a week because i accumulated way too much money with nothing to spend on. I guess I fix the bill my own way.
    Post edited by izecson on
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    They went overboard on the fix. Even with a roof full of solar panels a medium house is running $3.000.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    My bills seem back to normal now, I got charged £18000 roughly for a home worth almost £300000, thank god they have way too much money.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

I look at it as the $300 was a drastic decrease. I'm glad to have some sense of normalcy back.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I have a Sim living in a simply house on the water in Sulani and her last bill total was over 2K
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sablesasha wrote: »

My sims stay in there house almost like a legacy, and I'm wondering now how future generations are going to be able to afford it lol. Might have to make sure they work their little simmy butts off hahaha

A money tree orchard will solve that problem.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I haven't patched yet, but my Sims' home is worth 1,000,000 so I'm slightly concerned about the bills if they're ~10% lot value. I like the challenge, though.
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I usually have my sims do the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration so they collect interest every week. It certainly helps with the bills.
  • CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    Well if your playing a new sim with barely any funds I don't see how they can afford 2-5k every week without using money cheats now :(
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I haven't patched yet, but my Sims' home is worth 1,000,000 so I'm slightly concerned about the bills if they're ~10% lot value. I like the challenge, though.

haha try keeping up when you have 30 million stashed in the vault XD around 800k bills 0.o seems it calculates the vault contents as well if you stash your cash in it
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2020
    Well if your playing a new sim with barely any funds I don't see how they can afford 2-5k every week without using money cheats now :(

Let them struggle. Even with a new sim, it's not hard to scrape together 2-5k a week. Eventually, they'll be making more money than you can deal with.

Have a garage sale. Scavenger hunt. Sell everything you find. Go off the grid until you can afford more. Temporarily live in an apartment. Skill up charisma and borrow money from other sims. Let the lights/water get cut off for a while... etc.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Well finally there might be an actual challenge; I mean Sims 4 was designed to never pose any challenge at any point, ever. It's by far the easiest Sims game ever.
    I mean if you go to Uni you make approx 2000 a day plus signing bonus at your first job within a few days of graduating.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    edited October 2020

Well finally there might be an actual challenge; I mean Sims 4 was designed to never pose any challenge at any point, ever. It's by far the easiest Sims game ever.
    I mean if you go to Uni you make approx 2000 a day plus signing bonus at your first job within a few days of graduating.

is any sims game hard? granted it's easy to reach the top in a career tho and if you pursue celebrity status and fill out the career perk tree then making a fortune is as easy as making a grilled cheese but in ts 3 it was also extremely easy to be rich. but in any sims game it was easy to reach the top if your sim was devoted. heck just save enough cash to go to Selvadorada for a week and keep going for the temple treasures and the treasure hunter aspiration trait and you'll return filthy rich if you sell all those golden froggies and dinnerplates XD heck you can even easily make a handsome profit by farming archeology dig sites. i made over 4 million selling all the spare treasures i had while trying to get al 9 variants of the golden totems
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    Am I the only one that finds bills crazy expensive ??
  • lisfyrelisfyre Posts: 215 Member
    I haven't played in awhile and when I went in today, my sim had a $15,000 bill on her $123,000 house!! Is this right or is it a glitch?
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    lisfyre wrote: »
    I haven't played in awhile and when I went in today, my sim had a $15,000 bill on her $123,000 house!! Is this right or is it a glitch?

Check your inventories (both your Sim's and the inventory in buildmode). I bet you have thousands of Simmolions worth of stuff in there if your bills are that high.

My current household has a 90 000 house and their bills are fluctuating between 3500 and 4500 depending on if I remember to sell / delete all the stuff I collect like valuable treasures found when dumpster diving or literally diving, valuable seashells, high value Fizz six-packs...

My guess is that you have a whole second house worth of furniture or plants in your buildmode Inventory increasing the value of your lot, hence increasing your bills.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I still think bills are to low even with the fix. Sims earn so much simoleons when they get a few promotions into a career.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Bills thankfully have been fixed! My sims just had a bill for over 26,100 dollars!! :)

haha try keeping up when you have 30 million stashed in the vault XD around 800k bills 0.o seems it calculates the vault contents as well if you stash your cash in it

Haha, yeah we wouldn't be able to keep up unless we had money in the bank generating 800k worth of investment payoffs every week. 30 million in a vault seems excessive, though. Spend that money. :D

Haha, yeah we wouldn't be able to keep up unless we had money in the bank generating 800k worth of investment payoffs every week. 30 million in a vault seems excessive, though. Spend that money. :D

on what?? XD too excessively built and decorated lots cause the game to lag and besides that nothing in the game is expensive enough to cut my profits

on what?? XD too excessively built and decorated lots cause the game to lag and besides that nothing in the game is expensive enough to cut my profits

Fair enough. You have so much it's probably impossible to get rid of, but on charity and huge lots. But if you get lag, there's no fun there.

My Sims don't have 30m in a vault :open_mouth: so I have wait before I can build them another million+ simoleon property.

They really need to make more expensive stuff. Only my CC is expensive.