Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bills are too low for rich sims?

PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
So, I love the new billing system - but bills are too low for rich sims, at least for the one family I have been playing. I don't know if this is intended or a tuning problem/bug. My rich family has the largest house in Brindleton Bay, worth over $200,000. Their weekly bills, with thermostat on, in fall/winter, came to only $460. The "Lot Taxes" part of the bill was $300. I thought maybe there would be other taxes added on, but nope - they were $0.

In comparison, I played a whole week of a single sim in Willow Creek in a small house/lot worth around $12,000. This sim's Lot Tax part of the bill was a bit over $200. At the end of the week her bill was $424 - which seems reasonable (she was not being careful about her power/water usage).

Before, I appreciated having higher bills for larger lots. I'm really really hoping this is a bug, or are there taxes at the end of the month? Because this is not appropriately scaled. I liked having the challenge of having to pay a few thousand dollars or more per week.

Update: So I completely removed my Mods folder, and moved a test sim into a new house worth $155,000. The Lot Value portion of the bill is still just $300. Someone else mentioned something about taxes, but I haven't seen that go above $0. So is this a real change - has anyone seen their bills higher than a few hundred?
Post edited by Pegasys on

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2020
    There is another person with a similar problem. I'm guessing it has to do with "lot taxes" being a fixed value for some weird reason and not actually accounting for the true value of the lot.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976674/june-update-bill-problem#latest

I would report it on the Bugs HQ.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Thanks @Sigzy05. I assume others have a higher "Lot Value" in their bill breakdown? I will try removing all my mods (which includes MCCC) and see if that changes the bill valuation.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have the one lot in Sulani where the shipwreck used to be and have a 400k home there with a basement and a ton, ton of stuff all over inside out and my sims have 5million now at last look a few hours ago today, and their bills instead of 10-12k were 200 simoleons
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    It's gotta be a bug right?! Like please be a bug.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    After the patch, my main family had a crazy high bill — I think it was $25,000? They haven’t gotten another bill since installing the expansion.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Yea my legacy family went from paying somewhere in the $200,000's for bills to paying like $250. They have like 8mil in just simoleons at this point so I'm giving all the kids who move out a mil each lol
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
    It's been reported on Answers EA here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Lot-taxes-seem-too-low/m-p/9171466#M133665 . It's listed as "Unsure" but it's hard for me to believe this isn't a bug.

Do the low bills still happen for those who have the Eco EP installed? Sometimes an EP "fixes" a bug that appears in a pre-release patch.

I'd like to know because I don't plan to play the game until this is fixed or there's a mod to fix it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I believe they said they adjusted bills due to the new system and that bills would be less than you were used to. They probably reduced it too much.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I've gotten bills up to 850 simoleons max so far. Haven't gotten anything higher with my kind of wealthy families.
    A pattern I have noticed is that the more sims you have in a household the higher the power/water usage will be. I play with 6 teens at the moment and it does kind of build up. But not a lot of lot taxes even in massive homes, that's true.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    I hope it's a bug and not a nerf.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I believe they said they adjusted bills due to the new system and that bills would be less than you were used to. They probably reduced it too much.

Yes far too much. Now it's 1/10th or less. Totally changes removes a vital gameplay element. My rich sims need a reason to keep working. Before, at least high bills could provide for a possibility of challenge. I do think it's a bug though, not intended.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    The Sims 4 needs a Robin Hood, Rob from the rich & give to the poor.
  • ZoreloraZorelora Posts: 54 Member
    My sims having millions of simoleons and pay only 300s. I really don’t know what to do with all the money anymore. :s I could even pay 100k a week!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    With the way I played before, my bills never made it over $2000. Now they are at $1. So laughable.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    The base tax is always 300 no matter what. It is a bug.
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited June 2020
    Wonder what would be a good formula to calculate sim-tax (there's a ring to it, sim-tax). Would it be a percentage of your lot value? Or a fixed amount multiplied by squares occupied (room size and objects occupying a square)?
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • breanna206breanna206 Posts: 53 Member
    Anyone found a fix for this yet? I understand that it's meant to compliment the new pack but as others have said the game is not challenging anymore. Or at least... has anyone found a good mod? It would be nice if we had taxes back to the "old" formula AND added utilities. At least that was my understanding of how it would work.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It’s all kinds of glitchy now. I’m having the same issues with low bills, except when my Sims go on vacation and get bills like this one. dlq36Ai.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Bills are to low for any sims. Even my none rich sims are having it way to easy. I hate it.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have always used MCCC to raise the bills. Might just crank it up more.

Hmm.. I have never had really rich sims but I let my sim pay “taxes” on each lot. I place a little kiosk for food and entertainment on almost every lot that my sim pays for. Little money sinks that add up over time.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm not complaining. After all, it fast tracks my world progression. And none of my sims became rich without money trees.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    They need to fix this in thr next patch!
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Bills have always been too low for my sims, but I also play as minimalists. I found money way too easy to make in-game. Perhaps someday a happy medium will be found.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    The bills are WAY TOO LOW. My sims living in mansions are paying like $600. That is ridiculous. There is already nothing to spend simoleons on in this game. I had to buy safes for the Landgraabs to store some of their money because they have hit the 9,999,999 money cap.
  • SenkoSenko Posts: 9 New Member
    I have to agree on this I know the bills used to be higher in previous games and I think they used to be that way in this one. Now however my sim's paying a hundred simoleans weekly bills and earning thousands for royalties, thousands for artificat verification which happens near daily, tens of thousands in interest (over 40k on the last one). For awhile I was buying "retail" lots just to sink the cash somewhere 400k property here, 500k there. Eventually i just created a house sitter sim, moved them and moved my sim out leaving all the property and cash in their care. Currently working through university and I'm still earning more in royalties (with starting cash 20k - 18k house) and interest than my bills. They really need some way to vary them for housing property an insurance section or something worth x of house value so if you have a 400k house you pay 40k insurance per bill.