Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,317 Member
    Can anyone tell me if there is a way to move out a sim when i have MC Command center setup to have a household more than 8. When i try to move out a sim it doesnt let me hit the check mark because it says i have two many sims in my current house hold. I really want to move one out to be with her new husband before she has a baby and it wont let me! HELP PLEASE its driving me crazy.

It only allow more than 8 as long as You play the game. If You bring household to CAS f.ex. the household will be reduced to 8.
    I read this in a Sims Facebook Group.

Maybe, with cheats active (testingcheats on) You can click sim while pressing Shift and choose to remove a sim or sims. They will then be among the non played sims and You can go to Edit Town and place em somewhere in the world, so they can be played.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • IvyRose092101IvyRose092101 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @DeLove said:
    > > @IvyRose092101 said:
    > > I'm not sure how this works, but I have a question , when did we get cops in the game. My parents sims decided to try for baby on the spot and a bunch of people walked in and then cops showed up!
    >
    > Well, I got my house for buying weed and selling it. Since then I've legalized it in each town. ;) I have over 3000 CC installed. Im pretty sure The Base Mod is why I had my house raided. Do you have any MODS installed? Otherwise I know that the Get To Work DLC lets you become a cop/detective. Perhaps that's why? *Shrug*

I have quite a few mods but this was different. My sims got caught having woohoo on the spot and then my camera panned to a different part of the neighborhood and two cops showed up. It said cop in red under their names. I have a screenshot. I wish I could upload it here! It's never happened before. Then when I clicked on them there was an option that said downplay stress. It was odd. I have all of the extensions and game and stuff packs. None of my sims in my current family are in the detective career.
  • ExperitculusExperitculus Posts: 35 Member
    @IvyRose092101 , since you own the vampires expansion you ought to be able to woohoo in bat form and then obtain the cure before the cops catch you. If you turn the cops, be sure to lock your door to vampires! Did you know you can’t unlock them after you do?
    “But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    edited November 2020
    I can’t believe how much attention people get and give each other on this forum! >:)

I don’t see a button that allows me to start a discussion, so I decided to put my post under a hot dev team post.

You're still a new member. After a certain amount of comments/posts, or the amount of points you get based on your comments, you become a member. You can see that on your profile. And than you can do more on the forums. Like start a post or add a profile picture.

• EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Sul sul Simmers - and a very warm welcome to all our newbies! :smiley:

Just a quick reminder, after I removed some off-topic comments: please check the forum rules if you haven't done so yet and keep in mind the purpose of this thread -
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    What are the things you wished you had known when you were getting started with The Sims?
    Share your tips, resources and expertise below!

To all of you who are new to The Sims: read, enjoy, and welcome to the party! You can also ask your gameplay questions in this thread - no question is too basic, we have all been there. No judgment here! :)

Thank you all and have a wonderful time on this forum! :heart:

- Leeloo
  • ExperitculusExperitculus Posts: 35 Member
    There it is! We can be sure that’s actually the vampire! Oh no! And it has super-powered mod abilities!
    “But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raises the dead.”
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    I am not new to Sims, I have been playing them since sims 1 when I was a kid, but I only now figured out that maybe I could participate in the sim community more :) My most preferable style of play is rotational play with various families and characters. I love more realistic style of play, so I do use tons of mods that helps enhance this expirience. From occult sims I only really like vampires and ghosts, but I am not oppossed of having the others in my game when it makes sense for the story.

I am not a very good builder, so I generally rarely even try, I prefer renovating :) But I do love furnishing and decorating with tons of cc clutter that makes every house/apartment looks alive :)

I am glad to be a part of simmer community <3
  • QueenV815QueenV815 Posts: 163 Member
    Not new to the Sims but bought Sims 4 in early 2020 because... you know... Staying at home alot now. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I have almost ALL of the expansion packs. I wish I knew about the forums earlier than just finding out about these. It would have been SUPER helpful while getting to know the Sims 4 gameplay. Also, I wish I could enter the OneWeekOneRoomOneTheme challenges because I LOVE building... it's always been my favorite thing to do in any of the Sims games
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
    @Yautjagirl, I love that this version of the Sims has the online community so you can easily download AMAZING lots, rooms, content SUPER easily. I actually love building lots and such, was there anything in particular you needed for a lot/room/etc.? You can search on the online content and I'm sure you can find lots that suit your interest.
    Take a trip over to my Showcase thread to see some of my favorite builds I've done: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984788/queenv815-builds#latest :smiley:
  • GottaPlayEmAllGottaPlayEmAll Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, I'm not new to the sims but I'm new to the forums :)
    Like a lot of others I find myself playing in build mode a lot more than actually playing in my houses hehe :)
    Like a lot of others I find myself playing in build mode a lot more than actually playing in my houses hehe :)

Welcome and happy building. :smile:
    Zpj9msL.png

SAME
  • itsjus_1tiaitsjus_1tia Posts: 1 New Member
    Im not sure where else to look but I've tried youtube and google. I recently bought the sims 4 base game for my mac, and when i follow the steps to download cc it doesn't show up in game. Can someone please help?
    Im not sure where else to look but I've tried youtube and google. I recently bought the sims 4 base game for my mac, and when i follow the steps to download cc it doesn't show up in game. Can someone please help?

Next, in-game you have to allow mods/cc to be used. Options Menu>Game Options>Other - then check 'Enable Custom Content and Mods' and enable 'Script Mods' if you have downloaded any. Yes, game mods and custom content can be installed on Mac computers.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • playinpetalsplayinpetals Posts: 2 New Member
    > @GottaPlayEmAll said:
    > Hi, I'm not new to the sims but I'm new to the forums :)
    > Like a lot of others I find myself playing in build mode a lot more than actually playing in my houses hehe :)

Hahahaha I wish I had that problem, I've been playing for years and my building skills still aren't up to par. When I first got the game, I spent all of my time in CAS and barely even touched building or gameplay for a few solid weeks.
  • playinpetalsplayinpetals Posts: 2 New Member
    > @itsjus_1tia said:
    > Im not sure where else to look but I've tried youtube and google. I recently bought the sims 4 base game for my mac, and when i follow the steps to download cc it doesn't show up in game. Can someone please help?

I have a mac as well and have been able to install cc just fine, what part of the installation process do you need help with?
  • Momma_Bear0705Momma_Bear0705 Posts: 28 Member
    @jmacsimmer You can try to download twich... Create a profile, and u can start streaming :D ( I dont know how exactly..you can find help and other info online :D )
  • SylPSylP Posts: 2 New Member
    Can Dine Out be played only with "The Sims4"?
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    SylP wrote: »
    Can Dine Out be played only with "The Sims4"?

Yes, you have to have TS4 base game to use any of the EP's or SP's.
  • SylPSylP Posts: 2 New Member
    CATMANDO830, thanks. I'm new to this. What do you mean by TS4 base game?
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

The Sims 4 base game.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

It's an add-on to the game, or: "upgrade" to the game if you prefer that term. To use a metaphor, To have chrome hubcaps on your car, first you need to have a car. :smirk:
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• simp0ssiblesimp0ssible Posts: 70 Member
    Don't know if someone else has said this, but if new players start being bored by the existing building and sims in the game, and they don't have the energy to change them all, they should definitely check out the Save Files (not mods!) made many talented simmers. LilSimsie, Plumbella, Aveline, Simlicy, and others too. It will feel like a whole new game.
    Another thing I have learned over time is that one can have a lot of fun CC shopping, but thoroughly exploring all the objects and clothes in game, and trying out different swatches of them can be a really good creative outlet too.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Go slow, don't rush the experience. You will miss out on a ton of different things!
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Go slow, don't rush the experience. You will miss out on a ton of different things!

I kinda made that mistake. :#;)
    Too much too fast.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png