Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Pelican Town to Sims Town" - A Stardew Valley, Sims 3 Fanfic

Comments

• Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @emorrill Poor Alex... I'm not too sure he will win Haley's heart but I'm wishing him luck anyway.
    Elliot and Leah are so cute together :blush: .
    Nice to see Penny's cute pigtails back. They suit her.
    Go, Penny. I'm glad Sam promised to tell Vincent nothing's going on between them. I don't want Harvey to get the wrong idea :# .
    Hehe, Sam is right - Sims 3 characters look hot compared to Stardew Valley ones for sure ;) .
    Maybe Sam got flirty trait as a sim and can't help his behavior :p .
    That's a cute picture of Sebastian and Abigail building sand castles and Elliott and Leah playing in the water behind them.
    Poor Sam. Lots of romance in the air but none for him :/ .
    Dragon Lords, huh? I didn't realize Harvey would be interested in that kind of literature. I'm glad he's really taking some time off work.
    I was wondering if that shirt is part of Harvey's swimwear, but I'm glad to see him getting rid of the shirt when joining Penny in the water - no one likes wet clothes.
    Ha, Penny is taking advantage of Harvey's doctor side. Smart girl!
    I'm not sure what Haley wants out of Alex, but obviously Alex was right thinking the best way to get her attention is to not give her any :smiley: .
    The fish that scared Haley is huge. A shark or not, I wouldn't want to swim anywhere near it either :s .
    That's one romantic kiss between Haley and Penny :love: .
    Oh no, Maru is jealous. This can't be just because she thinks Harvey is too old for Penny. I guess she just never thought they'd really end up together, and maybe she's afraid of losing her friends to each other :/ .
    Harvey is going to shave his mustache for Penny! Isn't that sweet. I'm sure he'll look better without it too.
    It's starting to be pretty clear that they are a couple. Cute! And so romantic. :smiley:
    And Haley is talking to Alex now... How right he was :D .
    Good boy, Alex! He's finally speaking his mind... A heat of the moment kiss! :o
    There you go, another new couple at the beach. I'm happy for them. :blush:
    That's a cute picture of Elliott hugging Leah from behind. Nice pose!
    What, no, he can't be proposing to her! He is. Oh my, congratulations to the lovebirds! :smiley:
    I'm glad Maru is getting over her bad feelings about Penny and Harvey being together. She seems to be relaxing too, building a sand castle.
    Ha ha, Emily seems to know how to handle Shane.
    Harvey has really relaxed quite a bit - he's actually sitting at the dinner table without his shirt on :o .
    Haley is right - a man that cooks is a plus, lol. Alex looks proud of himself with the hotdogs :p .
    Leah looks funny with Elliott stepping on her toes, but glad she didn't really mind.
    Sam needs a a woman, lol, but I doubt Maru will be the one.
    Four days and three couples - that's fast!
    I'm glad to hear the wizard has an explanation to everything and that he's expecting everyone to be back safe and sound. I wonder what they have to do to get back.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill I enjoyed all the updates and makes me want to read more. Get busy writing girl!!! LOL Teasing
    The first picture with Haley under the wisteria is so serene. She is certainly a Diva with a capital D.
    50164517868_6bae4309c9_c.jpg
    Poor Alex has got it bad for her.
    Love the Alex exercising shots! :love:
    Of course Leah and Fabio :smirk: Elliott are off to themselves. They are still in that phase of a new romance. Cute teasing between them!
    Uh...Maru...get a grip girl. Life is not about books. Go have some fun in the sun!
    Harvey take your shirt off!
    Way to go Penny letting Sam have it and settling things straight between them. Oh...oops did I kinda just do the same thing with Alex and Harvey. :wink:
    I love Abigail's swimsuit!
    I had to laugh at Sam's comment to Abigail. It's going to take a while for him to stop I'm sure.
    “Oh especially you,” he said with a smirk and leaning in.
    Sebastian and Abigail seem to be getting along! :wink: I like seeing them play together.
    Put the book away, Harvey!
    Good for Penny calling him to play. Loved seeing them have fun together.
    Maru still thinks Harvey is too old for Penny. Hmmm, I still wonder if she is a little bit jealous.
    I dunno, small shark or big shark. I don't want to see any sharks when I'm swimming.
    lol at Elliott calling them 'the kids' like he's some ancient dude.
    First kiss! Bout time! So sweet and romantic! And, in front of everyone! lol
    I thought Sam's reaction was typical of a guy like him.
    Oh my, Maru! She did encourage Penny but there must have been more than friendship in her heart for Harvey.
    I had to snicker about Harvey's mustache tickling Penny while they were kissing. It's probably those crazy handles!
    Normal mustaches don't tickle. Ask me how I know. :grin:
    hehe, who wants it shaved off Harvey or the goddess?
    Aww...love him carrying her and kissing her at the same time.
    I hope Abigail gets her special someone too. Looks like Sebastian might have plans. :wink:
    I'm glad that Alex let Haley know how angry and upset he was about her flirting with Sam.
    He's right, she doesn't think about how others feel.
    I hope it will work out for them, but I don't know if Haley will change her flirty ways.
    I rather imagine Alex will not put up with it anymore if she does.
    Awww, what a sweet proposal. Congrats to the happy couple.
    Maru is being a good friend being happy for Penny. I hope things work out for her but I'm not seeing her with Sam unless he changes.
    Good Dr. Harvey to check in with Emily.
    Emily is doing a marvelous job handling her difficult patient.
    Lol at Sam trying his flirting bit on Maru. Didn't work either.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. I know you like the drama so who is gonna break up with who?
    That is not happening, is it? Not the first time in a public bathroom. ICK! :lol::flushed:
    I loved the Wizard scene! Good thing the mob was willing to listen.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @meerkattime Yay! I was awaiting your comments. ;)<3
    Yeah once Harvey said he liked Penny's pigtails she was like, "Well, I better wear them again." :smirk:
    Yup Harvey is exactly who she didn't want getting the wrong idea about her and Sam.
    Hehe, Sam is right - Sims 3 characters look hot compared to Stardew Valley ones for sure ;) .
    ^VERY much so! Guess we can all cut him a little slack. :lol: I don't think I gave him the flirty trait, but I'm tempted to check now...
    Poor Sam. Lots of romance in the air but none for him :/ .
    ^Yeah. It's hard to tell who's right for Sam at this point isn't it? :p
    Dragon Lords, huh? I didn't realize Harvey would be interested in that kind of literature.
    ^Harvey's a geek so I figured he would. ;) And he loves planes and flying and Dragons are mythical versions of that so... win win. :mrgreen:
    Seems you and bekkasan were in agreement that he needed to ditch that shirt before entering the water. :lol: I just love those kinds of shirts that give peeks to their lovely chests. :love: (I guess that one wasn't really a peek! :lol: )
    Yeah I don't blame Haley for freaking out over that shark fish either...
    That kissing pic between Harvey and Penny is a new favorite! :star:<3
    Oh no, Maru is jealous. This can't be just because she thinks Harvey is too old for Penny. I guess she just never thought they'd really end up together, and maybe she's afraid of losing her friends to each other :/ .
    ^Maybe...
    Hee hee! Were you excited to read he's going to shave his mustache for her? :smiley:
    That's a cute picture of Elliott hugging Leah from behind. Nice pose!
    ^Thanks. That's one of my favorite poses. <3
    Harvey has really relaxed quite a bit - he's actually sitting at the dinner table without his shirt on :o .
    ^You know it's funny: I talked about how Harvey isn't the type to not wear a shirt in public, at all, and I seemed to have forgotten that detail when taking pics of them eating and dancing. ;) However I like to think of it the way you did, that he relaxed a little about it mostly because he was so in love. :blush:
    My man cooks and it's definitely a plus! :star:
    Four days and three couples - that's fast!
    ^Indeed. :blush: Perhaps that's what the Wizard found so, "Interesting..." ;)

Thank you so much for all those sweet comments and I love reading the enjoyment you and everyone else get out of reading the story. <3

@bekkasan It's the plan to write more soon. ;)
    Totally! I love those wisteria trees I downloaded. <3 Do you get wisteria trees in Florida?
    Indeed, Alex has it a little too bad for Haley it seems... I knew you would enjoy his exercising shots as much as Silverofdreams would. :smirk:
    Of course Leah and Fabio :smirk: Elliott are off to themselves.
    ^LOL! :joy: He so DOES look like Fabio! Especially in Stardew Valley. Hopefully here in Sims world he doesn't as much. ;) I still don't like that LONG of hair on a guy, but it really seems to suit him and honestly doesn't bother me.

Golly I'm laughing so hard! :joy: Cause one minute you're getting after Maru...
    Uh...Maru...get a grip girl. Life is not about books. Go have some fun in the sun!
    (Which is true...)
    ...then the next second you're telling Harvey to finish what he started by unbuttoning that shirt!
    Harvey take your shirt off!
    :joy:
    Or...we you also just really really wanting to see him shirtless? :smirk::p
    Way to go Penny letting Sam have it and settling things straight between them. Oh...oops did I kinda just do the same thing with Alex and Harvey. :wink:
    ^I think so. ;):lol:
    I like Abby's swimsuit too. :) Wish I could rock one like that in real life!
    I thought you would like her and Sebastian's sand castle kingdom play there. :blush:
    I'll admit looking back, I probably could've omitted Harvey reading a book and just had him join Penny in the water sooner, but...I HAD to show off that beautiful pic of him and his lovely chest relaxing on the towel there with his book. :smirk:
    Oh my, Maru! She did encourage Penny but there must have been more than friendship in her heart for Harvey.
    ^Yup. You called that. ;)
    I had to snicker about Harvey's mustache tickling Penny while they were kissing. It's probably those crazy handles!
    Normal mustaches don't tickle. Ask me how I know. :grin:
    ^It was definitely the handles! :lol:
    I guess T had a mustache? ;)
    hehe, who wants it shaved off Harvey or the goddess?
    ^Hee hee! (Loved that comment) Mostly me. :smirk:
    I SO wish I could've zoomed in to show Harvey picking Penny up and kissing her, but the poses didn't line up so the lips didn't line up and I had to improvise... :neutral: (Alt didn't work...Darn poses sometimes! :confounded: )
    Yup. Seb might not be wasting any time soon as well. ;)
    I'm glad that Alex let Haley know how angry and upset he was about her flirting with Sam.
    ^Yeah I wanted to show that Alex has his head screwed on straight, even though he's portrayed as being that high school jock, obsessed with having the perfect body to become a Pro football player, and probably isn't too smart. You learn more of how he really is when getting to know his character better in SDV. :) And I'll show that in the story.
    I rather imagine Alex will not put up with it anymore if she does.
    ^He may not. Let's hope Haley cares for him as much as she let on.
    Elliott and Leah's proposal was the one where I told you I didn't plan AT ALL to add that into the story, but I just rolled with it and did anyway! :mrgreen:
    Emily is doing a marvelous job handling her difficult patient.
    ^She really is. :star: Did you giggle a little hearing her tell Harvey all about it? :lol:
    And Harvey be shaking his head all impressed and like, "Hey, as long as I don't have to deal with him!" :joy:
    Yeah Maru and Sam...no way! (Whoops, did I just give something away? Oh well. :p )
    That is not happening, is it? Not the first time in a public bathroom. ICK! :lol::flushed:
    ^I know right!? :lol: But they wandered off and were flirting by the bathroom so I had an idea. :smirk:
    No joke, my ho'rny older brother and his new bride, at the time, engaged in coitus everywhere! Including the local Dairy Queen bathroom. :flushed: I was like, "Are you two kidding me!? EWWWWW!"
    I'm glad to hear you loved the Wizard scene. :blush: Guess I could write a story involving magic and Supernaturals fairly well huh? ;)

Thank you SO much for the lovely comments. <3 They were worth the wait and they filled my heart with giggles and so much happy. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    HOLY GRACIOUS everyone! :open_mouth:

I uploaded a picture of Harvey onto Artbreeder and.......well........just look!

45483f2bb5e29306b7ae.jpeg

:love:

Granted I wasn't very good at working all those different tweaks you can do with the photo, but my goodness SEXY!
    He look GOOD real! <3
    (Not digging the sheen on him though, he looks like he's sweating cause he's nervous getting his photo taken. :lol: )

And keep in mind that I had not removed his mustache for this photo so I dunno why it didn't show it very well, or make it a handlebar one, but me thinks that's because those mustache's are UGLY and SO not in style! :joy:

Oh and his mouth looked all skiwampy closed so I had to open it to show those pearly whites. :mrgreen: He's such a happy, sexy nerd!

My kinda guy. :smirk:

I uploaded a pic of Abigail and messed around with the settings a bit, more than Harvey, but for some reason she didn't come out looking as realistic as Harvey... but pretty nonetheless.

9470da13397664df7cf7.jpeg

I'll do the other characters on there later (if it'll let me without paying...). :blush:
  • Options
    Penny turned out pretty great. :star:

a14c8d0f9418c7d06a90.jpeg
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Hey everyone. :)

So...there was a little something I forgot to write in as I was writing a particularly romantic scene in Chapter 8. :blush: And maybe it wasn't that I forgot, it was more that I decided to rethink some things. ;) It might even sound familiar to you...
    Here is the clip below with the added part in italics. Enjoy. :)

Gazing deeply into each other’s eyes, time seemed to stand still. Nothing else in the world mattered but their feelings and longing for each other. They could read exactly what the other was desiring without speaking and Harvey wasted no more time in doing so. He fiercely leaned in and planted his lips upon hers, enveloping them with a kiss and then with another just as passionately.

50164518208_858f11d14f_c.jpg

Penny gladly returned them, encouraging him on by opening her mouth widely to meet his lips and he soon followed suit, kiss after kiss after kiss. They couldn’t stop...and neither did they want to.

50165054081_5d50b0626f_c.jpg

Both of them could've sworn sparks were flying - and illuminating - outside their closed eyelids, but neither cared to open them and see, for surely there wouldn't be any. 

Unseen by the natural eye, one escaped and shot upward towards the stars.

Elliott and Leah’s mouth’s dropped with excitement witnessing the two kiss so deeply, while the onlookers from the beach, namely Sebastian and Abigail, cheered out, “Woooooo!”

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Pelican Town to Sims Town

Chapter 9

That evening, around 9:30 pm, the five guys and five girls decided it was time to return to their homes after the most joyous day any of them could remember; well, most of them anyway. When the girls piled into their car, Penny told them to go on without her as she would be joining Harvey at the guys house to spend a little more alone time with him. In the new couple’s minds, the night was still young. They all found it adorable and felt such happiness for the town School-teacher and the good Doctor. None of them ever expected the two to become a couple, but seeing them together this day...they realized there couldn’t have been a better match.

When the four girls arrived home, Abigail waited until the other three were distracted so she could quietly sneak outside and get some much needed alone time to herself. It’s something she craved daily and hadn’t really been able to get since they arrived in this world. Not to mention her curiosity about the mysteries of this town were getting the better of her and there was something else she was finding quite difficult to hold back any longer…

She slipped through the back door from the sun room, slithered along the side of the house, and when the coast seemed clear, she bolted towards the road. Her destination was the same place she’d always visit back home. A place where she could find pure silence and solitude, the Graveyard. She didn’t need to look up where to find it on a map or that World-Wide Web, whatever it was called, if there were Spirits present there, she’d sense them and that sense would be her guide.

Encountering Spirits wasn’t usually her main motivation to visit the Graveyard, in fact she never encountered any back home and that was always a disappointment. She wondered if she’d be met with the same disappointment in this town. Magic flowed all throughout the veins of the world beneath her feet and it was strong. Surely it would be enough to fuel the appearance of the Supernatural. She had to find out!

Her senses once again did not fail her as she found a rather beautifully decorated resting place atop one of the many hills. Much better than the plain, overgrown, and tiny one in Pelican Town; to her that felt like a disgrace. This world did it right. There were parking spaces, stone paths leading to the graves, ornate iron fences and a Mausoleum, pretty hedges outlining trees and flowers and even a pond with a natural bridge crossing over it. A large fountain on the other side of the lot spewed out water creating the most relaxing of white noises that she always loved to listen to.

She could only appreciate the sights for a small moment. A couple of shadows stirred behind the trees, startling her for a bit until her eyes adjusted enough to reveal they were a family of wild horses. Out came a breath of relief. They soon emerged from the trees, seemingly unhappy to find a human present, but oh what a beautiful sight they were. “Awwww,” she cooed with a grin. “And there’s even a foal!” The foal co'ck'ed it’s head at her in curiosity.

50323208483_5aa0bd7a70_c.jpg

Gently, Abigail stepped toward it with her hand held out. “Easy baby,” she whispered, “I won’t hurt you...I just want to stroke your hair and shiny coat.” It glimmered in the faint moonlight. “You’re such a beauty.”

The foal turned its head away in apprehension, to which Abigail soothed it all the more.

50323208413_7088525c59_c.jpg

“It’s okay, I’m a friend. Go ahead...sniff me and you’ll see. Nothing but kindness and love here.” The foal seemed to sense her honesty so it lowered it’s nose toward the palm of her hand and sniffed.

50324054367_f1c2885ec4_c.jpg

“There you go. See,” she said, carefully running her other fingers through the foal’s silky mane. “I’m nice. And gosh you are SO adorable!” She tried desperately to hold back a squeal. This is SO cool! I can’t wait to tell Seb!

The foal licked at her outstretched palm for a couple of seconds and it tickled which made her giggle. Then she realized. “Aww, you must be hungry huh? I sure wish I had an apple to give you or something.” Then her eyes lit up with a thought. Perfect!

Just as the thought arrived though, the foal’s mother - she gathered - whinnied loudly and stomped her front hooves onto the grass to get her baby’s attention as well as give Abigail a warning. The foal obediently galloped toward its mother and Abigail watched it leave with a frown.

50323876211_f2a23200f9_c.jpg

“Aww,” she lightly pouted. “If she’d just given me a few more minutes I could’ve…”

That’s when she shifted her focus and began to think hard for a moment, working to remember the words she memorized from an old tome back home in the dark and dusty end of the Library that no one ever visited. Whispering a few words while waving her fingers over the palm of her other hand, magical specks of light began to form and swirl to the movement of her fingers and it excited her once again. It felt so good to do, to release, and to practice once more.

50323208228_8c47eb1034_c.jpg

The specks of light grew faster in motion as she kept on reciting the words, becoming brighter. Come on! She pressed in the back of her mind, trying to stay focused, but something went wrong and the lights rapidly slowed, then faded and disappeared, revealing no apple in her hand.

Abigail closed her eyes and slumped her shoulders in disappointment once again, catching a breath or two. Her head always began to hurt when trying to conjure up any kind of spell and the ache would intensify the longer she tried. She rubbed at her neck for some relief and continued to hope that with more and more practice, the headaches would subside and eventually stop showing up altogether.

50323208203_a04549ce9c_c.jpg

“I’ll bet it’s because I lost focus for a second there,” she deduced, “wanting so badly to just successfully DO it! Or maybe...I recited the incantation wrong.” She held a finger to her chin in thought. “I dunno...it could’ve been both,” she surrendered with a sigh and took a look around. The horses already left the lot and her eyes happened upon a dimly lit statue just over the pond bridge. “Guess I’ll see what that statue is all about...maybe learn a little more about this world, like we’re supposed to do,” she glumly said, stepping forward and hating feeling like a failure once again.

Stopping before the statue, lit up by a faint purple light, Abigail instantly found it to be a statue of the Grim Reaper. She’d only heard about the mythological character in silly fairy tales back home and greatly hoped it wasn’t actually real in this world. The one who harvests souls from their dead bodies and guides them to the afterlife. She shuddered at the thought. “I’d like to believe that God is a part of this world too and I much prefer the idea of His angels leading our souls back to Heaven!” But...there was a distinct possibility that she could be wrong.

50323875971_2a910bae41_c.jpg

A cold chill ran down her spine for a moment in thought, the faint purple light not helping in the creepy department while staring at the statue.

50323208143_ccf32f9561_c.jpg

Her eyes then widened and her body froze as she felt a sudden presence.

50324053977_40bc8a307a_c.jpg

There wasn’t anything visibly in front of her to create such a feeling, she doubted it was coming from the statue, so naturally it was coming from behind. Throwing on a brave stance, she carefully and gradually turned around, praying whatever presence she felt wasn’t standing right behind her. Perhaps I shouldn’t have ventured out here in this world at night, alone, she thought. The girl was much too daring and adventurous at times for her own good, especially since finding out she possessed the power to use magic, and would often forget her own mortality.

Nothing stood directly behind her to her relief, but her eyes did meet with a glowing pink, iridescent spirit, standing out like a sore thumb a few hundred feet away from her. It soon began to eerily float around the other headstones from which it came and Abigail took cover near one of the bridge posts to watch. She felt afraid, but also fascinated.

50323207993_cba463f71b_c.jpg

For a quick moment the spirit - a girl - stopped, still hovering, and glanced over in Abigail’s direction as if she too sensed someone present, but brushed it off rather quickly. Abigail felt her thumping heart decelerate in relief, but also realized that there was really nothing to fear from this wandering spirit. Why she assumed it might be hostile she chided herself for, but it was mostly due to the fact of being in an unknown world with unknown creatures and beings. This was the only other human presence besides her own in this place. That encouraged her all the more to approach the spirit. She’d been waiting ages for an event like this! To see and communicate with someone from the other side.

Standing about four feet away from the spirit now, the girl turned and met eyes with Abigail without a single flinch at her sudden appearance. “Hello there,” she greeted.
    “Hi,” Abigail greeted back.
    Then the spirit girl’s eyebrows narrowed. “You can see me?”
    “Yes!” came the emphatic reply. Abigail didn’t mean to sound so joyous, embarrassing herself, but it couldn’t be helped.
    “Well,” the spirit smiled, “then you have the gift.”
    YEAH I do! Abigail cheerfully thought as she approached the spirit and held out her hand, even though she knew the girl couldn’t physically take it. “My name is Abigail and it's a pleasure to meet you.”
    The girl “shook” Abigail’s hand anyway. “I can see that. Normally most people scream and run away if they can see me. This is a welcoming and pleasurable change. My name is Donna Parr-Teague.”

50324053822_49b5d2e95d_c.jpg

“That’s a pretty name,” Abigail complimented, rubbing the chill from Donna’s hand out of her other hand. “I’ve always wanted to meet a spirit, for as long as I can remember. Now that I have, I’m not even sure where to begin with the questions!” She chuckled with glee.
    Donna blushed, understanding.. “Well, I’m all ears. I’ve really got nothing better to do…”
    Abigail’s smile faded. “Yeah...I guess not.”
    “So what’s on your mind?”
    “Well, for starters you’re much younger than the first spirit I always imagined meeting. If you don’t mind me asking...how old are you? And...how did you pass on?”
    Donna lowered her transparent eyes for a moment. “I died when I was fifteen,” she somberly replied, “and mine and many other’s stories are ones you can read about in Appaloosa’s history books. My demise isn’t something I wish to discuss.”

Abigail’s eyebrows bounced for a moment at the vague reply. “Sorry. I didn’t mean to offend.”
    “It’s alright. You didn’t know. You’re not from around here are you?”
    “No,” she answered in surprise. “In fact, I come from an entirely different world; if you can believe that.”
    “I can believe it,” Donna expressed. “Something crazy happened to this town a week ago and it is not as it used to be.”
    Abigail knew, but tilted her head at Donna, encouraging her to explain.
    “The residents here disappeared in the blink of an eye by a powerful magical force and now that force resides in and envelops the town. I do not know where the residents went, but I know they are not dead...for if so I would’ve met with them on the other side.”
    “Well THAT’S good to know!” Abigail expressed. “The only beings my friends found here were some weird, magical androids manning all the shops and businesses and they don’t say much. It’s really creepy.”

50324053667_6c6d2e9374_c.jpg

Then Donna questionably arched a brow at her. “You mean...whatever happened to this world was not your doing?”

Abigail gaped. “No! What makes you think I’d have the power to do something like that?”
    There was a pause. “I sense magic within you,” Donna revealed, “the same unknown magic that did all this, for whatever purpose.”

That threw Abigail off for a second. The same!? But her immediate afterthought was, Well of course it would be! This is the Wizard’s doing and we’re from the same world. She didn’t think too much more on it as the feelings of disappointment in her magical inabilities - it seemed - resurfaced. “My magic is not that powerful,” she sadly admitted, looking away, “and it never will be.” She gulped with greater emotion before meeting Donna’s pressing gaze again. “It’s considered witchcraft where I’m from. Unholy; practically forbidden. Anyone who possesses it is cast out...like the Wizard Rasmodius was. He’s the one that did all this,” she revealed. “He did it for the purpose of sending me and eleven others here to accomplish some quest for him. Or maybe it is for us?” She shrugged. “We all really don’t know, he wasn’t very forthcoming on the details. I wish I had more information for you about it.”

Donna nodded, but chose to focus on something else mentioned. “You say your magic is considered unholy back home,” she paused, “do you believe it to be so?”

50324053577_45fc55d527_c.jpg

Abigail gulped again as her deepest emotions began to squeeze out all the convictions within her soul. “No, I do not,” she answered. “Ever since I found out I possess magic from an emotional accident, I felt it to be a gift from God, ironically. Because I feel so much good in it, despite what I was always taught. I still haven’t figured out why I, out of all people, was given it, but there has to be some kind of reason for it. I thought maybe it’s to show everyone in Pelican Town how magic can be used as a force for good and isn’t always evil. I certainly have no desire to use it maliciously or to get gain. In fact I shudder at the thought and fear what consequences that would bring.” Then she shrugged. “That’s really the only reason I can think of.”

50324053712_8421d13c96_c.jpg

Donna nodded at her with a smile. “I’m very glad to hear that. I would advise you keep that in mind as your magic grows stronger.”
    Abigail nodded in return, wondering why Donna felt to say that. Then her thoughts turned back to the Wizard Rasmodius. “Donna...the magic that changed this town, do you sense any evil in it?” She had to know. Rasmodius was one of the most mysterious people she had ever known and it was always hard to tell his intent when it came to his magic. She refused to believe all the rumors floating around town about him.

The spirit girl gave her a slight smirk. “I would imagine that since it’s the same magic that resides in you, you already know the answer.”

50324053507_d465b7ce24_c.jpg

Abigail curled her lip and pondered on that for a second. I suppose so. But she wanted to say, I really don’t. And she honestly didn’t, because she’d never been able to get to know the Wizard as much as she desired to. Everyone forbade her to interact with him and she always wondered why. Was it simply because they were scared of his magic? Considered him evil? Or was it something else entirely? Deep down she felt it was the latter and that’s why she couldn’t take her mind off him and had to “solve the mystery.” Then her eyes lit up as a simple realization hit. Is this why I’ve always had this desire to meet him because I too wield magic? Does that create some sort of connection between us? It was all making sense now.

However she still feared revealing her gift, and would continue to keep it concealed, for the townsfolk would surely run her out of town the way they did the Wizard all those years ago…

“Your deepest thoughts occupy you, hmm?” Donna broke the silence by saying.
    “Oh...uh, yeah. Sorry!” Abigail snapped out of it.
    “Do you have any more questions for me?”
    “Umm, I guess not. At least for now. This was quite enlightening.”
    The girl nodded. “Then I will take my leave. Farewell Miss Abigail from Pelican Town. I hope to see you again.”

50323875421_502a868a16_c.jpg

“Thank you Donna,” she smiled appreciatively. “I hope to see you again too.”

And with that, Donna faded away into the moonlight.

Abigail sighed, looking down at her watch. It was nearing midnight and time to return to her home away from home.

I sure hope no one noticed I was gone, she thought while running back. I’ll bet Maru did since we share a room. Dang, I forgot about that! I’ve gotta come up with a believable reason in case she asks.

She had a feeling she was going to need to come up with a lot of those from now on.

Continued in my next post! :) (Cause with the next scene it was all a hair bit too long for one post. :unamused: )
  • Options
    Chapter 9 continued...

Back at the guy’s house, on the grass beside the front steps, sat Harvey and Penny, side by side, gazing up at the stars and catching a couple shoot across the indigo sky and then vanish.

50323875361_12ef47e075_c.jpg

“I always had an interest in the stars and constellations when I was young,” Harvey said. “I wish I’d learned more about them, but the next thing I knew I was obsessing over planes and then getting thrust into medical studies.” He sighed.

50324053417_8c1497b8fd_c.jpg

“I could teach you about some of the constellations,” Penny gladly offered, even though she was pretty sure Maru already had. “I touch up on them with the children from time to time. We’ll do night gazing parties sometimes in the park, coloring out the ones we find while eating star shaped sugar cookies.” She smiled, missing Jas and Vincent again. “But it’ll have to wait until we return home. Those constellations don’t seem to be present here, but I think I can make out some that are probably well known to this world.”
    “I think I can too,” he said, turning his head to smile at her. “Show me which ones you see and let’s see if I noticed them too.”
    “Okay,” she blushed, “and let’s tell each other what we think they are, or look like.”

They got in a few laughs, and flirting, as they did so.

50324053382_423ef8860b_c.jpg

50323875291_2dcf3bcd44_c.jpg

Afterward, silence ensued between the two, continuing to gaze and enjoy each other’s company, while feelings of uneasiness began creeping back into Penny’s mind, causing her face to flush. She wished they would just go away and cursed her anxiety again.

“It’s getting late,” Harvey spoke, glancing at his watch. “Almost midnight.” He gripped Penny’s hand and then lightly pressed his forehead upon her temple, whispering, “Gosh it’s painful to even think about bidding you goodnight.”
    Penny’s heart pounded, while also fluttering. “Yeah,” she gulped, “I feel the same.”

Maybe it was the tone in her voice, or the way she nervously shifted her body, or that Harvey could feel her heart palpitations through her temple. No matter the reason, he sat back and eyed her curiously while tenderly asking, “What’s wrong?”
    “Oh...it’s nothing,” she tried to dismiss, sitting herself up and crossing her legs together. Harvey followed suit.
    “You can tell me,” he assured. “I never want you to feel like you can’t share anything with me. Good relationships thrive on good communication and that’s how I want ours to be.” He smiled.
    Penny smiled in return, feeling all the more nervous, but if she didn’t open up to him about it, it would haunt her all throughout their beautiful relationship and she certainly didn’t want that.

With a hushed sigh, she began by asking, “You know how I have anxiety?”
    Harvey cracked a smile and replied in jest, “I’m somewhat aware of that, yes.”
    There was a slight head shake with a half grin, but then she went back to being serious. “Well, because of that I tend to worry a little too much about what others think and...I wish it was a switch I could just turn off!”
    The Doctor arched an eyebrow at her, curiously wondering.
    “I’ve been thinking about how different things will be when we all return home...because of these new relationships that have developed here. What everyone’s parents will think,” she paused, sullenly looking down at her hands. “What my mother will think…”

Harvey lowered his gaze and scooted closer to her. “You’re afraid she won’t approve of us?”
    There was a nod. “It’s very likely that she won’t.” And she shook her head, hating it.
    “I don’t see why she wouldn’t,” he tried to be positive. “Sure she’s been a little rough as a patient over the years, but I think I’ve grown on her.”
    “Sure. I mean she’s often expressed how much of a bother you are about her smoking and drinking, but then she’ll say you’re ‘a good man regardless.’ And she’s right about that, but...I’m afraid under the circumstances that won’t be enough.” She twiddled her fingers even faster. “It’s just that...it’s not that she would disapprove of you...she would disapprove of our age difference. I know she will. And the fact that she doesn’t trust men anymore, since my dad left, doesn’t help.”
    “Ah,” Harvey said, acknowledging. For a moment he sat in thought. “I guess I could see her accusing me of being a cradle robber.”
    She chuckled. “Yeah…”

50323875246_172891ae77_c.jpg

...then went on to say, “and once she sends you away she’ll go on to criticize another one of my life choices, just like she always does,” muttering that last bit with a frown.
    Harvey heard and understood her feelings. Swiftly, yet gently, he took her hands and lifted her up onto her feet, immediately enveloping her into a hug. “Don’t worry,” he consoled, “I will assure your mother that my intentions are pure. I will always treat you right and take care of you.”

50324053262_624c6cda28_c.jpg

Hearing that, Penny squeezed him a little, loving his sweetness. “I do hope that will be enough to convince her. She can be so insufferable.”
    “It will,” he whispered confidently, pressing his forehead upon hers. “I sure hope you aren’t disturbed by our age difference?”
    “No,” she honestly answered through her gleaming eyes. “I’ve had a crush on you ever since I was sixteen. It didn’t bother me then, and it certainly doesn’t now...now that we’re both adults and can pursue it.” She grinned, seeing Harvey nod. “I never, ever thought ‘we’ would happen...only in my dreams.”
    He blushed, pulling her waist in closer to his. “So, if you’re not bothered by it, then why does it matter the way others might feel about it?”
    “I know!” She cried, brushing her bangs away from her eyes. “I know...I try SO hard to keep telling myself that. I’m afraid it’s going to take a lifetime for me to learn how to brush these silly worries aside.” Then she peered at him with longing. “I hope you don’t mind bearing with me?”
    There was a pause as he deeply and lovingly gazed into her eyes. “‘Til the ends of Stardew Valley,” he whispered and turned his head to kiss her.

50323207333_a9fca0d9a4_c.jpg

Aww! She squealed in her mind as their lips met. That was once a popular, romantic phrase back in the old days of Pelican Town and she just melted in his arms as he said it. She knew he meant it with all his heart and showed her appreciation through firm and rapid return kisses.

50323875156_822afa38ae_c.jpg

His mustache still tickled her, but she was too caught up in loving this mature relationship she now found herself in to even care. If anything it reminded her of that. She hoped that in her young and inexperienced state she’d never do anything to mess it up, for this was all very new to her.

It was hard not to feel like she didn’t deserve such a man, or that this was all just a wonderful dream the Wizard had thrust them into and she’d soon wake up, but it was indeed real. She vowed to nurture and care for this relationship just as she would one of her prized possessions. For she didn’t have many, and now Harvey had become her greatest.

To be continued...

:blush:
  • Options
    @emorrill Yes, Penny and Harvey make a perfect match <3 .
    Interesting that Abigail can sense spirits. I'm sure spirits in that place have a lot to tell about the history of the place and how everyone disappeared. Just seeing the dates in the graves should be interesting.
    Aww, wild horses <3 . Not what she came to look for, but a beautiful sight for sure.
    I guess the foal didn't really let her touch it in the game, but it's cool for the story that she gets to stroke its mane.
    I wonder what she would have given to the foal... Poor Abigail looks so disappointed when the foal is gone.
    Oh, she's a witch! That's cool. No wonder she's so connected with spirits. No apple, but the foal was already gone anyway.
    I'm afraid Grim Reaper is very real in that world... :# The Grim Reaper statue in the purple light is creepy indeed.
    Good point girl - going to the cemetery of a strange town all by yourself in the middle of the night might seem like a risky thing to do indeed :| .
    So now she has seen a real spirit. How brave she is, not running away in horror! :o
    Well, Donna seems friendly. That's good news!
    So Donna knows just as little about the disappearance of the town folks as everyone else. That's a shame... But at least they are not dead.
    Did the wizard do this and if he did, why...?
    Yes, that's what she's thinking too.
    I wonder what Donna meant by talking about Abigail's magic growing stronger... Is it the world that is an causing such effect or what's going on. Maybe the wizard wanted Abigail's magic to grow stronger... but that doesn't explain why all the others are there too.
    Abigail had an exciting night for sure.
    A whole different reality with different star constellations...
    Poor Penny, struggling with anxiety even when gazing starts with her loved one :( .
    Aww, she's worried about her mother's thoughts. Penny is an adult lady and she couldn't have made a better choice. I hope her mother wants what's best for her daughter and knows not all men are bad even though she didn't marry the right one.
    Harvey is perfect in the way he's making her feel better <3 .
    Oh girl, I do know what it's like to worry about everything even when you know yourself that it's crazy. Poor Penny.
    That's wonderful - they make a perfect couple and they better stay together :blush: .
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    @meerkattime Yeah I mentioned earlier (it's okay if no one remembers, my chapter updates are so far apart. :confounded: ) that Abigail has the gift of insight, basically she can sense how people are feeling when they don't speak and can read them pretty easily. So in that regard, and before revealing that she also possesses magic which helps, I figured that if she'd be in tune with the souls of living people, she'd most likely be in tune with souls on the other side. :)
    I guess the foal didn't really let her touch it in the game, but it's cool for the story that she gets to stroke its mane.
    ^Yeah, the foal took a sniff at her, but she couldn't stroke it's mane or anything in game. If I recall sims can't do that with foals and I don't like it. :cry: (Cause they can do it with grown horses, like in your Avi pic. :blush: ) Silly EA!
    Oh, she's a witch! That's cool.
    ^Hee hee! Did I pleasantly surprise you with that one? :grin: I was hoping I surprised a lot of readers. :mrgreen:
    going to the cemetery of a strange town all by yourself in the middle of the night might seem like a risky thing to do indeed :| .
    ^Yup! I agree! I'd never ever hang out in a cemetery at night! :flushed: This is why the townsfolk always found her to be a little strange...but really it was a brilliant place to go for her to practice her magic skills and not really be seen. *
    Did the wizard do this and if he did, why...?
    ^The Wizard did do it, for the purpose of the quest. It would seem he intended for the 12 residents to reside alone together in this town for the quest. Now that is where one question's why? :smirk:
    I wonder what Donna meant by talking about Abigail's magic growing stronger... Is it the world that is an causing such effect or what's going on. Maybe the wizard wanted Abigail's magic to grow stronger... but that doesn't explain why all the others are there too.
    ^I love the thoughts you shared here. :blush: I wish I could reveal a few things without spoiling, but I will say this: It's possible the intense amount of magic in the world, at the moment, would intensify her own magic. :)
    Penny is an adult lady and she couldn't have made a better choice. I hope her mother wants what's best for her daughter and knows not all men are bad even though she didn't marry the right one.
    ^YES! :star:
    I hope I illustrated that Penny was somewhat mentally abused by her mother...and she grew up in a dysfunctional home. I mean, she grew up in a camp trailer with her mom since her dad left them at a young age. :cry: I would surmise that he left her mom because of her addictions, but the game doesn't really reveal why. (That or her crabby attitude! :lol: Sorry, I'm being a little terrible. But then you would think he'd want to take Penny with him so... 🤔) I dunno what you remember from the game, I think you said you played it?, but her mom is pretty awful to her. Always criticizing and never really appreciating the little things she does around the trailer for her. :(
    Yes, Harvey is indeed a perfect match for her. <3
    Oh girl, I do know what it's like to worry about everything even when you know yourself that it's crazy.
    ^I know what it's like too... I wrote a little bit of myself in her in this scene. ;)
    Thanks for all the lovely comments. I always enjoy reading them from you. :kissing_heart: I saw your PM and will write back as soon. <3

@KevinL5275 I haven't seen you around on the forum much, but I wanted to give you a friendly tag anyway. :blush:
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yay new update!! Wow Abigail has supernatural powers, how cool! And Penny and Harvey are so cute :D
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    I thought it was interesting that someone made sims4 versions of the Stardew men:

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/ivc3w1/does_anyone_play_stardew_valley_i_made_all_six/
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    @KevinL5275 Yeah I've seen some of the Sims 4 versions of them people have created. They've been pretty impressive. :)

The Harvey in the link you shared is :love: What can I say? He has my heart out of all of them. :blush:
  • Options
    Hey friends. :) I've been hard at work and happily enjoying writing some more of Chapter 9 for you. :blush: And here it is. Enjoy! :smiley:

Continuation of Chapter 9...

The next morning brought with it a golden dawn.

50363934813_3186c7c739_c.jpg

The rays of gold gracefully shone through each window in Harvey’s bedroom creating a sparkling and heavenly sight to wake up to. He felt it a fitting portrayal of how he was currently feeling, ever since kissing the sweetest and most beautiful girl he ever had in his life. And now she was his girl. He was definitely in Heaven.

Rolling out of bed he naturally headed for the bathroom.

Standing before the mirror above the sink, he studied himself for a moment, particularly his mustache. His heart began to flutter nervously.

50364630261_d553c07b64_c.jpg

“Okay mustache,” he spoke, oddly feeling the need to talk himself through this. “You’ve served me well these past few years and...I thank you. But now,” he stopped to draw in and release a breath, “it’s time for you to go. Time for a new beginning.” He smiled, the confidence building. Thinking about Penny’s reaction to his new look helped it along.

Conveniently finding a razor and shaving cream underneath the sink, he began squirting the cream onto his two forefingers and drew in another breath as he gazed at his reflection again. Here it goes…

It only took a few minutes to do and when it was done, the Doctor stood in awe at the reflection staring back at him. It was such a small and simple thing to remove, but it created a grand change; almost as if he’d been reborn.

“Wow…”

50363934678_83c33273d2_c.jpg

In no time at all he was getting himself dressed for the day and as he closed the dresser drawer he began to wonder how the guys would react when he went downstairs. He didn’t usually like to draw attention to himself, but this was something that would certainly draw some attention!

50363934733_c5ee624873_c.jpg

He didn’t want to feel nervous about it, or even care. It was a good change. So he simply brushed it off with a positive chuckle and thought, “This oughta be fun,” and down the stairs he went with a grin.

Upon entering the living area he threw a chill and casual look on his face, surprised to see all of the guys up already, especially Sam and Sebastian. Those two were involved in a game of Foosball, Elliott was reading a book on the couch with his back turned to him, and Alex was, of course, exercising in front of the stereo. Neither of them acknowledged his presence; yet.

“Nice to see all of you up and about on this fine morning,” Harvey greeted.

50364630506_9014b2d23d_c.jpg

The only one to acknowledge was Sebastian, with a slight upward glance, but he ended up doing a double take crying, “Woah,” and losing the ball to Sam. A bright grin lit up his face as he continued to stare at Harvey. “Baby face!”

Upon hearing that the others turned to look at what Sebastian could possibly be referring to. When they found it was Harvey, they all gaped. A stunned silence filled the room.

“Harvey?” Alex asked in disbelief.
    “What’s with the change?” Sebastian anxiously asked.
    The Doctor gave a slight shrug. “It was just time for one.”
    “Gee Harvey,” Sam chimed in, “you look as young as we are!”

That brought out a few chuckles and all Harvey could do was shake his head, hoping he wasn’t blushing.

50363935198_8891caca42_c.jpg

“Yeah,” Alex agreed, “you look like a whole different guy, but...in a good way.” He turned and went back to exercising.

50363935133_4e18452a16_c.jpg

Elliott approached Harvey with a “nice look bro,” nod and then said, “Funny that you decided to shave when I decided to start growing.”
    “Oh yeah?” Harvey asked, studying his face a bit. “Nice!”

50363934968_4a3bc10052_c.jpg

“Yeah. Now I really look older than you. I sure was hoping to keep everyone believing you were the oldest bachelor in town, not me,” he said with a wink.
    “Sorry to disappoint,” he smiled.
    They both laughed.

Sebastian and Sam whispered and snickered about the change in Harvey's appearance by the Foosball table.

50364630651_b29e8e5048_c.jpg

“You think he’s going through a midlife crisis and wants to look younger?” Sam asked.
    “Nah. He totally did this for Penny,” came the reply.
    “Really? I thought chicks dig mustaches.”
    Sebastian shot him an “I don’t think so” look.
    “Well...I mean...dig mustaches on the older guys. Not guys like us!”
    “Maybe...but he had the handlebar mustache and nobody digs those!”
    “True dat!”
    “I hate to say it,” he leaned in closer, whispering softer, “but it’s no wonder why he’s been single all this time. He’s lucky Penny saw past it.”
    “Dude!” Sam snickered.
    “But yeah, he had to have done it for Penny. There’s really no other reason. I bet she expressed her dislike for it. Kindly of course,” he added.

50363934368_3f7c0f3cae_c.jpg

“Yeah she’s a real sweetheart,” Sam mused, thinking back on his younger days with her. “I still can’t believe I lost her to Harvey…”
    “You never HAD her!”
    “I know!” He gave him a sour look. “But I could have...it was all just bad timing between us. It su’cks!”
    “Well, like I said earlier it’s time to start moving on dude,” he said, clapping a hand on his shoulder. “You’re young and there’s still plenty of babes out there to pick up.”
    “There’s really not,” he countered. “Not in Pelican Town, and you know I ain’t leaving home anytime soon.”
    “Well, if Joja Corp takes over the town that’ll change things and certainly bring in more girls.”
    “Yeah, but Mayor Lewis will never allow that to happen.”
    “I dunno…some things are just simply out of his hands.”

50364629876_e9f51e587e_c.jpg

There was a short pause.

“I thought about going after Haley,” Sam went on, “Yeah yeah, I know you think she’s out of my league, but she sure seemed to dig me the other day. Then next thing I know she hooks up with Alex! What gives!?”
    “Well,” he paused, gripping the bridge of his nose and trying to be sensitive. “She and Alex have always hung out together Sam. You had to have seen it coming…”
    “I guess,” he frowned.
    “Besides if I were her and had the choice between jacked Alex and scrawny little you, I’d go with Alex for sure. No contest!”
    “Hey that’s gay man...and harsh.”
    Sebastian spread his hands out. “I’m just stating the facts alright, no offense.”
    “I know...and I know you’re right. That’s why Penny was my only hope. Or there’s Abby,” he dared to add.
    “Nope!”
    “Yeah...okay…”

The two exchanged buddy/buddy smiles at each other, gaining an understanding. So Sam’s thoughts naturally wandered back to Penny. “Seriously, what’s Harvey got that I don’t huh?”
    Sebastian glanced over at Harvey, then back at Sam, lowered his gaze and rose it back up, giving him a knowing smirk.

50364629966_20c2abc2a0_c.jpg

“HEY!”

Elliott and Harvey turned at Sam’s outburst. “Everything alright?” The Doctor naturally asked.
    “Yeah…,” Sam replied, not meeting his gaze and giving Sebastian a look. “I think it’s time for someone to get their breakfast.”
    Sebastian raised a curious eyebrow at what he was implying, but replied with, “I’m gonna go get dressed first.”
    “Yeah you do that…”

Elliott bounced his eyebrows at the two and then turned back to face Harvey. “So you’re going to head over to the ladies’ house? Mind if I join you?”
    “No I don’t mind. I just need to step into Shane’s room for a bit here and check with Emily on how he’s doing.”
    “Gotcha. Well I’ll just be hanging out here reading until you’re ready to go.”

Sam slithered over towards Alex and stood behind him, studying his workout, then began to mimic it.

50363935038_56d0e7b9b7_c.jpg

When Alex noticed out of the corner of his eye he frankly asked, “What are you doing?”
    “I was thinking I need to get a little more toned up,” came the reply. “Alright if I copy your workout routine and learn something?”
    “Sure...just don’t get in my way. I like to keep a steady streak and not get interrupted.”
    “You won’t even know I’m here.”

50364630741_467d483ac8_c.jpg

“AH!” Emily squealed with excitement upon Harvey’s entrance into the room, which caused Shane to stir for a moment. Cringing, she lowered her tone. “You look amaze Harvey! So much younger! I hardly recognized you!”

50363934568_1d5f74ddb0_c.jpg

Then she brushed a strand of hair behind her ear in embarrassment. “Gee I sounded a lot like my sister there didn’t I?”
    Harvey chuckled. “Maybe a tiny bit, but I didn’t notice. Thank you.”
    “I never thought you’d shave that thing off! Why’d you decide to do it now?”
    The Doctor blushed. “Penny expressed that it tickled her a little when we kissed yesterday.”
    “WHAT!?”

Shane stirred again at her cry and she once again chided herself for forgetting to keep quiet. “Well, this is news to me! You and Penny kissed?”
    “Yep.” He beamed.
    “Huh,” she bit at her lip for a second. “Sorry I just...wasn’t ever expecting that. I always thought that if you were going to hook up with someone it would be Maru.”
    There was a sigh. “Yeah I thought so too at one point, but,” he shrugged, “she wasn’t ever interested so...I had to move on. Something just sparked between me and Penny ever since we got here and it surprised me too, but it was a pleasant surprise. The feeling I get when I am with her,” he mused, “it feels like the real deal. She brings out all the best qualities in me, even some I never knew I had, and I’ve never felt happier.”
    “Aww,” she cooed, “that’s wonderful Harvey! That makes me so happy for you both.”
    “Thanks.” He couldn’t help noticing something different about her and then it hit him. “So, you changed clothes.”
    “Oh, yeah...Haley dropped off a duffel bag with clothing and necessities for me about an hour ago. It’s really not my style,” she said, briefly looking down at the outfit, “the sleeve riding down my shoulder is annoying as heck, but,” she sighed, “any chance Haley can get to ‘dress me up properly’ she’ll take it!” She grinned with a head shake.
    Harvey chuckled. “Well it looks very nice on you.”
    “Thanks.”

50363934518_fb942fe4b2_c.jpg

His attention then turned toward Shane. “So, how’s he doing? Did he sleep all through the night?”
    “Yeah he did. Well, except for the one time I helped him to the bathroom again. He was feeling pretty groggy and couldn’t walk straight.”
    “Any concerning side effects from the medication that you could see?”
    “No, but I’ll find out more when he wakes up.”

In that moment Shane began to moan while swaying his head back and forth, becoming more awake.

“Maybe I should take a quick look--” Harvey started until he felt Emily grip his arm.
    “No,” she stopped. “I still think it’s best if you aren’t here while he’s awake. At least for a couple more days when he’s feeling less agitated. I’m trying to provide the calmest environment possible for him during his recovery.” She paused, studying his face. “I know you’re the expert here and want to take care of the patient, but...trust me with this okay? With him. I promise I’ll keep you in the loop and ask for your help when needed.”
    Harvey then studied her face. “You know him better than the rest of us don’t you? Since you work at the bar.”
    Her eyes blinked a bit as she hushly replied, “Yes.”
    “And that’s how you’ve been able to handle him so well?”
    She nodded.
    Respectfully he nodded in return. “Well then, Nurse Emily,” he cracked a smile, “I leave the patient fully in your capable hands. However I will want to look him over again and give him a clean bill of health once he’s mostly recovered. You just let me know when is the best time.”
    “Thank you,” she smiled. “I will.”

Then she sighed as she glanced back over at Shane. “You know Harvey, I really don’t expect any appreciation from him for all this, but...I’d like to hope that he does appreciate it.” She gulped, trying to hold back her emotions. “He needs someone more than he realizes. Someone who understands. I don’t know why he opened up to me the way he did, regardless of being dead drunk, but...he brought me into his hardships...and I’m going to see him through them. I can’t not.”

50364630056_7cdbdc8123_c.jpg

Harvey looked upon her with admiration and placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. “He’s very lucky to have you Emily and I’m sure he’ll appreciate you, especially since he’ll be back in his right mind. He better, or I’ll have to have a chat with him.” He winked, but he was serious.
    Emily blushed, thanking him with her eyes.

When Harvey left the room, Emily went over to Shane’s bedside and carefully sat down.

“Aunt Marnie?” he lightly called for, as she wiped away the beads of sweat from his brow with a damp cloth.
    “No,” she lightly replied.
    Shane then cracked his eyes open and gazed up at the voice for a moment. When he recognized who it was, he scowled. “Oh…it’s you.”
    “Yep,” she smiled brightly, teasing.
    “Why are you still here?”
    She wiped at his neck now, causing him to hiss a little from the cold. “Is it really so wrong for someone to care about you?” she asked.
    Next came an unamused look.
    “Like I said yesterday, you may not recall, you need someone to help you through this whether you like it or not and,” she paused, looking over her shoulder at the door, “I don’t see anyone else stepping up to the plate, except for Doctor Harvey,” she turned back, “if you’d prefer to have him help you to the bathroom and give you a sponge bath from now on I’ll see if I can fetch him before he leaves.”
    “No!” came the annoyed reply, as he sat up onto his elbows with a grunt. Emily smiled in satisfaction. “Ain’t no guy giving me a sponge bath! Ever!”
    Emily tried not to laugh while keeping her “that’s right,” look on him.
    “And could you get this blanket off me? I’m roasting!”
    “What’s the magic word?”
    Then came an even harsher unamused look. “Please?”
    “Thank you.”

When the blanket was gone, Shane glanced down at the sudden cool air that permeated his chest. He was still without a shirt on. “Why am I still half naked?” he asked, glancing back up to face her. “I have shirts in the dresser you know?”

50363934153_84c932f93f_c.jpg

The tremors were making it difficult to keep supporting himself on his elbows so he grumbled as he dropped his body back down onto the bed.
    Truthfully, Emily replied, “With how bad you’ve been sweating lately I figured keeping you without a shirt on would save on laundry. That’s just more work for me outside this room when I need to be keeping an eye on you.”
    “I don’t need a babysitter,” he sternly expressed, shaking his head for a moment to ease the dizziness.
    “After running into the wall on your way to the bathroom last night...I think you do.”
    Shane rolled his eyes. “Fine.” Then he discovered his arm was a little tangled up in the IV tubing. He tugged at it in annoyance as he asked, “when can I get this stupid thing out!? I don’t need it anymore and it’s annoying the sh’it out of me!” He tried to untangle it, but wasn’t getting anywhere, only more frustrated. “And it still hurts!”
    “Relax,” Emily calmed, coming over and working to untangle it for him. “I’ll ask Harvey if it’s alright to remove it later today, but for now...just keep your arm still--”
    “I CAN’T!” he shouted at her, but instantly changed his tone upon seeing her facial expression. “I mean, I can’t...keep it completely still, but...I’ll try.” He looked away.

Keeping her composure, Emily fixed up the IV tubing and headed for the door. “I’ll get us some breakfast,” she simply said.
    “Do you think you could find some anti-inflammatory medicine or something too because my muscles ache all over!”
    She sighed. “I’ll look, but I’m pretty sure we don’t have anything.” She gripped the door handle and finally looked back at him. “We’re severely lacking in medicine and that’s why Harvey and Maru will be hard at work compounding the necessities, like that sleeping medication they whipped up so quickly for you.”
    “What?” He looked at her incredulously, not knowing.
    “Yeah,” she replied, opening the door and really wanting to throw something deserving out at him on her way out, but felt it best to just leave it at that.

50364629756_c1f99a2b7a_c.jpg

To be continued... :)

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@emorrill Woot! New chapter. Happy to see it. :heart:
    That is a lovely scenery shot!
    Harvey is shaving his mustache! Oh, my! Actually, since I don't like handlebar ones that is an awesome thing to see!
    hehe, all the back shots were too funny. I ran my mouse down the slider and peeked! lol
    He is adorable and yes, he definitely looks so much younger but that is not a bad thing with Penny being younger.
    I love the guy's reaction to him.
    Aha, Elliott is growing a beard! It looks good on him.
    The conversation between Sam and Sebastian is cute!
    They at least figured out he did it for Penny. And no Sam you never had her!
    lol at Sebastian telling Sam he'd pick Alex over Sam too because he is so scrawny!
    Nope, can't take Abby!
    Doesn't anyone want Maru? But guess he can't speculate with Sebastian on her since they are half brother/sister. That would not be good. He might get punched.
    I liked that Sam slithered! great word!
    It's funny seeing him work out behind Alex.
    Emily looks great in her outfit! She should let Haley dress her!
    She certainly does know how to handle Shane and is very good at it! I'm impressed.
    I'm glad she let it drop about Maru and Harvey compounding medicine just for Shane. Hope it makes him think and be a little more appreciative.
    Ok, ready for the next one! :wink: hehe, kidding, sorta! :grin:
  • Options
    @bekkasan
    Harvey is shaving his mustache! Oh, my! Actually, since I don't like handlebar ones that is an awesome thing to see!
    hehe, all the back shots were too funny. I ran my mouse down the slider and peeked! lol
    ^You and be both sista. ;)
    And I don't blame you for scrolling down a little to take a peek. :lol: I probably would've done the same. Just had to keep the suspense going a little for my readers. ;):kissing_heart:
    he definitely looks so much younger but that is not a bad thing with Penny being younger.
    ^Good point. :)
    Thanks for the compliment on Sam and Sebs conversation. :blush: Did they sound like two guys in their early 20s? :mrgreen: These are moments where I'm thankful I have two older brothers. :p
    Doesn't anyone want Maru? But guess he can't speculate with Sebastian on her since they are half brother/sister. That would not be good. He might get punched.
    ^Good question. Maru has always been very intelligent and so that's kinda intimidated most of the guys - except for Harvey. ;) So most have been distant. It definitely intimidated Sam so he's like, "Yeah...no." :lol: And I would like to think that Seb, while he loves his buddy, wouldn't want his flirtatious friend going near his little sister. I like that you thought that deeply about it when I really haven't. 👍 Plus their dad has been very protective of Maru and setting expectations high for her since she was little. Any boy that comes into her life (and apparently women too :neutral: ) he grills them on what their intentions are with his daughter. That's in the game. :) Poor Maru huh? :(
    Kinda makes you wonder which guy in town will be the one for her? :smirk:
    I liked that Sam slithered! great word!
    ^Thanks. :blush:
    I'm glad Emily's outfit looks good...I was afraid others would think it didn't. ;) There were other shirts I was toying with to have Haley put in the bag for Emily, but they seemed a little too...provocative. It just wouldn't have given the right image for Emily, since she's pretty modest, so I went with something in between modest and NOT modest! :lol: And I think Haley would be a little aware of that too, even though she can be a bit of a selfish sister. ;)
    Yeah I think Emily's bubbly personality, and always trying to pass that on to others, helps her handle Shane as well as knowing she needs to be a little stern with him in order to get his attention so he'll cooperate. :) She too is a smarter gal than most everyone realizes. ;)
    Ok, ready for the next one! :wink: hehe, kidding, sorta! :grin:
    ^Hee hee. <3 My plan is to get working on it right away, provided nothing crazy or super stressful happens in life this week. 🤞
    Thank you for the lovely comments. I always enjoy reading them and they brighten my day. :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    Continuation of Chapter 9...

Meanwhile at the ladies house, Haley stood before the mirror above the dresser in the main living area, expressing a quick squeal and clasping her hands together.

50384641047_8f5fe79612_c.jpg

Abigail, deep in a book on the couch, couldn’t help but hear it. “What?” she asked.
    Haley squeaked again. “It’s been SO long since I’ve worn my hair like this that I’ve forgotten just how adorbs it looks!”
    Abigail just shook her head, tuning out the blonde now.
    “And putting together outfits for Emily got me all inspired! I didn’t realize the Wizard had such a fab sense of fashion, stocking up the closets for us the way he did.”
    That regained Abigail’s attention.
    “This tie up top is tres chic and these faded jeans perf compliment my waistline.” She turned and studied her hips again. “I’m glad I chose this outfit for myself over my sister because no offense to her, she couldn’t rock this. It’s not her style. And besides even if it was she sure doesn’t need to be showing off her body to that je’rk.” She rolled her eyes with disdain. “I still don’t know why she even bothers with him...”

Abigail then lowered her book and turned her head toward Haley’s direction so she would hear. “Maybe because she’s a kind and compassionate person? I say that’s just the kind of person Shane needs in his life right now.” She returned to the book. “You know, you should be proud of who your sister is instead of criticizing her all the time. Maybe then you might learn something from her.”
    Haley gaped, sharply turning in her direction. “What do you mean by that?”
    “Oh I think you know exactly what I mean by that,” came the matter of fact response as Abigail turned to meet her gaze. In her mind, it was high time something needed to be said.
    “Are you implying that I’m not a kind and compassionate person?”
    “Yeah, actually,” she bluntly admitted. “Maybe learning to not be so self-absorbed is just the reason the Wizard sent you here with us…”
    Haley’s mouth dropped at the audacity. “Excuse me! I--”
    The doorbell rang.

The two girls shot stern looks at each other, ordering the other to answer the door, but ultimately Abigail huffed and did it herself.

50384640967_51acb3aafb_c.jpg

“HARVEY!? Oh my gosh!” she cried in surprise.

Harvey quickly held a finger to his lips to shh her so he could surprise Penny.
    “Excuse me Harvey,” Elliott kindly said, stepping past him and into the house. “My lady awaits.”
    “She’s in the sun room Elliott,” Abigail informed, “working on a painting.”
    “Oh wonderful! I can’t wait to see!”

Her attention returned to the Doctor. “Holy cow I can’t even put into words how good you look!” she whispered. “Penny is going to be SO surprised!”
    “I’m greatly looking forward to her reaction,” he grinned brightly. “This has been kinda fun surprising all of you like this.”
    “Well then how about I go fetch her for you,” she winked. “Wait right here.”

Haley finally turned from the mirror and seeing the Doctor’s presence she naturally greeted, “Hey Harvey,” then gaped, “holy frick-balls you look different!”
    He laughed.
    But that was quickly tossed aside as she glanced at the door behind him. “Aww, Alex didn’t come with you?”
    “No,” he answered, “but he did want me to tell you that he’d be over once he’s finished his morning workout.”
    There was a slight, playful eye roll. “That’s my Alex,” she said, flashing a smile and retreating to one of the nearby couches to wait.

Abigail emerged from Penny’s bedroom and closed the door. “She’s almost finished getting ready,” she told Harvey. “I just told her you were here and waiting.” She winked, then returned to her place on the couch with her book.
    “Thanks.”

In a couple of minutes, Penny stepped out into the living area. Before her eyes met with Harvey’s, he greeted her with, “Hello Penny.”

The red-head’s eyes lit up as she gasped and stopped dead in her tracks at the sight of her new boyfriend.

50383765653_6f7afce029_c.jpg

Harvey’s blushed smile grew even brighter at her reaction.
    “Oh my goodness!” she expressed, coming closer to him. “Harvey you...you look so...cute!” She took him into her arms and he did her.
    “Thank you,” he beamed, even though cute wasn’t exactly the word he was expecting.

50384641072_86de1fea5f_c.jpg

Penny stroked where his mustache used to be, somehow reading his thoughts. “Sorry, I mean you look very handsome.”
    “Oh yeah?”
    “Yeah,” she grinned. “You really didn’t have to do this for me. I didn’t mind it.”
    “Yeah...but I wanted to. Besides it needed to go. It was aging me too much.” He chuckled.
    “Oh Harvey…”
    “Hold that thought for a moment,” he asked, then leaned in and very sweetly planted a kiss upon her lips. Like a young boy kissing the prettiest girl in the schoolyard for the first time. Penny found it adorable.

50384461581_3f83e12018_c.jpg

As he removed his lips he gazed into her eyes and asked, “How do my kisses feel now?”
    Penny’s cheeks lit up like a red rose. “Wonderful,” she replied, “they always did.”

50383765728_0a0f55f366_c.jpg

Aww! Abigail cooed within her mind, secretly loving overhearing all this.

“I still can’t believe it’s you,” Penny said, placing her hands upon his cheeks and kissing him again. “It’s like I’m kissing a younger version of yourself.” She giggled.
    “Oh I feel younger every minute,” he said with an alluring gaze, “being with you.”
    “Mmm,” she kissed him again with a grin. “I just can’t get enough of you.”

They began to make out, holding each other tightly and stifling moans for the sake of the other two girls.

Haley grimaced at the sight and looked away. If Harvey wasn’t such an “old man” to her, she probably would’ve reacted in the same way as Abigail. Hurry up already Alex! Her patience was wearing thin. It somewhat bothered her that Harvey and Elliott were so anxious to come over and see their girls, but not Alex. However she knew how important exercise is to him. He was kind enough to leave a message with Harvey so...I’ll let him off the hook this time.

Maru hummed to herself as she came down the stairs to greet the day. Her eyes were quite surprised to find her two best friends making out at the base of it. Her feet, and heart, came to a halt.

50384641122_42b6d2a082_c.jpg

She was just about to turn and head for the kitchen, to avoid the scene, when Harvey took notice of her presence and removed his lips from Penny. “Oh, hey Maru,” he greeted. “Didn’t realize you were standing there.”
    Penny looked down in embarrassment.

50383765793_c8d33aa65a_c.jpg

In that moment, seeing his face, Maru’s mouth dropped in shock. She was speechless, the color draining from her face despite her heart fluttering wildly back into gear. Suddenly all those willingly suppressed feelings toward her Boss, that somehow showed up yesterday, floated right back up to the surface and they pulsated through her soul more stronger than ever.

50383765823_d2340f84a3_c.jpg

There wasn’t ever any attraction to the good Doctor before, really it was his mind she was attracted to, but now...there was a sudden physical attraction combined with it and she found herself becoming hot and bothered by his new look and presence; a feeling she was so sure never even existed in all the years she’d known him.

Harvey enjoyed her reaction as much as the others, but when her mouth didn’t close right away, he felt to assure her, “It’s okay. It’s really me. I promise.”
    Penny giggled.

Maru blinked rapidly as she raised her jaw, coming back to reality. “Oh...sorry,” she finally spoke, holding a hand to her chest and feeling the need to catch her breath. “You just...caught me by surprise there Harvey.” She stepped closer to him. “Wow,” she breathed, “you look...uh...wow.”
    “Thank you,” he blushed.
    “I know, right? He’s always looked handsome,” Penny stated, taking his hand, “but now he looks extra handsome.”
    “Uh huh,” Maru mindlessly agreed, unable to take her eyes off him. “He really does.”

From the couch, Abigail raised her eyes from the book and shifted them in Maru’s direction, sensing something drastically unusual in her demeanor. Hmm…

50383765863_b349fba22b_c.jpg

“So how did you...I mean, why did you...shave your mustache off?” Maru asked, stumbling all over her words and it was bothersome because she never did that. Her heart just wouldn’t stop fluttering and her mind had become a scrambled mess. "I can't believe it!"

50383765898_b371e08d34_c.jpg

Harvey lightly shrugged. “I just decided it was time for a change,” he paused to look at Penny, “and I did it for my girl.”
    “Even though I told him he really didn’t have to,” Penny blushed. “It wouldn’t have bothered me if you decided to keep it.” Harvey smiled in appreciation. Even though he already knew that, it was nice to hear.
    “Wow, I,” Maru blinked again, “didn’t think you’d ever shave it off. I always figured it was a part of you...or your heritage or something; let alone shave it off for a girl.” Would he have done that for me?
    Penny tried not to feel a twinge of hurt from that comment; it wasn’t intended.
    “Well,” Harvey paused, thinking, “I guess I’m just feeling like a new man with Penny as my girl now,” he said with a smile, putting his arm around her. “She makes me happier than I’ve ever been and I always want to please her, even if that means shaving off a mustache that would tickle her while we kiss and undesirably interrupt it.” The two lovebirds chuckled.

Hearing those words, that were pretty much a declaration of love, sent an unexpected dagger through Maru’s heart. She quickly threw up all her defenses to hide it. “I see...well that’s...very sweet,” she said with a fake smile, feeling those defenses crumbling quickly. She had to retreat. “Sorry, I uh,” she pinched at her forehead for a second, “just remembered I left my cell phone on the chemistry table and...I really should go grab it.”
    Both Penny and Harvey looked upon her curiously at the random thought. “Alright,” he said, “that’s probably a good idea.”
    Maru flashed a smile. “You two enjoy your day together. I’ll catch you both later.” She turned for the stairs.
    “Yes. We still need to get together and decide which other medicines we need to compound,” Harvey added. “I’ll call you.”
    Maru nodded and ascended the stairs. “See you guys.”
    “Bye,” Penny bid farewell.

“That was odd,” Harvey whispered to her. “I hope she’s feeling alright.”

50384641222_b47649e024_c.jpg

“I’m sure she is,” Penny hoped. “It isn’t unlike her to forget some of her gadgets in random places.”
    “True.” But he couldn’t help shaking the feeling that something was wrong.

50384461731_529e1db2dd_c.jpg

“Well,” he sighed, realizing he had to let it go for now. “Shall we be on our way then? Have breakfast at our favorite Bistro?” He winked.
    “Are they even open in the morning?”
    “I dunno,” he replied, giving her a suggestive look. “If not, we’ll think of somewhere else to go.”

50384641262_7227180301_c.jpg

Penny grinned. “Ooh, I like the sound of that.”
    He chuckled, taking her hands. “This dress looks great on you by the way. It’s very cute.”
    “Thanks!”

Abigail watched the new couple exit the house with glee, feeling a hint of jealousy. Shortly afterward Sebastian gave her a call.

She hastily answered it while getting up from the couch. “Hey Seb! What’s up?”
    “Heeeey,” came the cute reply. “Nothing much. I just had a thought.”
    “Oh? What’s that?”
    “I was thinking I wanna see more of the town and countryside while riding this sweet motorcycle.”
    “Ooh!”
    “Yeah! And I was wondering...if you’d like to join me?”
    Abigail’s face lit up. “Would I!? Heck YEAH!” She always loved riding on Sebastian’s “lit” motorcycle back home.

50384461506_a8f6c2815e_c.jpg

“Although,” she paused, looking down at her attire. “I should probably change into something else first. Something a little more protective.”
    “Oh yeah?” He smirked on the other end. “What exactly are you wearing?”
    She blushed and then teased, “Something that’s not fit for a motorcycle ride that’s for sure.”

50384461476_1bba4e34f0_c.jpg

“Aww, I’ll bet it’s cute...your outfits are always cute. Wish I could see it.”
    A bright smile lit up her face. “Well I’ll wear it another day for ya alright?”
    “Sounds good. So I guess I’ll pick you up in...a half hour or so?”
    “It doesn’t take me that long to change clothes!”
    “Yeah, yeah…,” he teased in return.
    She just shook her head. “I’ll see you soon Seb. Bye.”

She headed up the stairs right away, and burst into her bedroom, planning to time just how long it would take her to change clothes to get back at Sebastian. Certainly not thirty minutes!

When she stepped in though, her eyes instantly met with Maru, sitting on the edge of her bed and...crying. An “Oh,” escaped her mouth. I’ve GOT to remember I don’t have my own room anymore!

50384641277_193525697c_c.jpg

Upon Abigail’s entrance, Maru instantly composed herself and turned her head away to wipe at a tear.
    “Sorry,” Abigail felt to say, “I keep forgetting we share a room now. I was just coming up here to change clothes since your brother invited me out on a motorcycle ride.”
    Maru flashed a smile. “That’s nice,” she sniffed, still struggling to meet her gaze.
    Abigail's eyebrows pulled down into a frown. “Are you okay?”
    “Yeah. It’s nothing,” came the answer with a dismissive wave.

“Okaaay,” Abigail tried to accept, heading for the dresser. She couldn’t push, or certainly expect, Maru to tell her anything especially when they weren’t very close, despite being best friends with her brother. As she got changed, she shot a few casual glances at her friend’s sister and found her bringing her legs up to the bed, crossing them, and then burying her face in her hands. That was making it all the more difficult for Abigail to ignore her.

50384461756_f2917b293b_c.jpg

All the while, Maru was wrestling with herself; needing so badly to talk to another girl about this, but not wanting to. These were feelings she never really allowed herself to feel, to explore, always pleasurably buried in her inventions and studies and working to make daddy proud. She had dreams, big dreams, and she was smart enough to make them happen. She didn’t want anything getting in the way of that. She began to feel angry at herself for being so foolish, allowing her dad to influence her so, and now realizing there was nothing she could ever do to prevent her heart from falling before achieving her dreams. It’s not that she never wanted to fall in love and allow someone into her life, but she wanted it to happen on her own terms. She liked being in control, but she was learning that life can’t always be controlled. How could I have been so stupid and naïve! Seb was right about me. More tears slid down her cheeks behind her fingers.

50383766013_1bbb35d006_c.jpg

“That should do it,” Abigail concluded, studying herself in the mirror one last time before turning for the door. “I hope you feel better,” she said to Maru.
    There was no answer.
    Curling her lower lip between her teeth, debating, she was about to turn and take her leave, but she just couldn’t ignore it. “Does this have to do with Harvey and Penny?” she asked.
    There was still no answer.
    She could take a hint. “Sorry I asked…,” she mumbled and turned to open the door.

Maru lifted her eyes from her wet fingers, surrendering to the inner voice before Abigail slipped away for good. “You know how I always told everyone I wasn’t interested in Harvey?”
    Abigail stopped.
    “It was a lie…” She sniffed, lowering her head to cry some more.

50384461796_28160be534_c.jpg

Abigail swiftly came to her side, sat down, and placed a caring hand on her shoulder. “Why?” she simply asked.
    Maru slapped her hand down upon her thigh, unable to meet her gaze. “Because he was always my boss you know? Always too old for me,” she looked down again. “I thought it was creepy that he had a crush on me and I really wasn’t physically attracted to him at all! But apparently,” she paused, “something is there because when I saw him down there all clean shaven and kissing Penny,” she sniffed, “I-I can’t describe it. He just looked so...hot! Like the genius man I always pictured myself being with and...I wanted him so badly!” Another tear fell from her eye. “I could’ve kissed him, thinking surely he would kiss me back because of his past feelings for me. But then I remembered...he’s with my best friend now and no longer has those feelings. Any opportunity there is gone.”
    Abigail frowned in sorrow for her.
    “I blew it,” she sobbed. “Blew a chance with the perfect guy and the ONE guy in town my dad would actually approve of!”

50384641342_45e8758c99_c.jpg

“Hey,” Abigail consoled, putting her arm around Maru and allowing her head to rest on her shoulder as she cried. “It’s okay girl...it’s okay. You’re not the first person to ever go through this…and you didn’t blow it.” She paused, hoping she’d say all the right things. “I know it’s hard not to feel like all hope is lost right now, that the opportunity is gone, but...it’s really not.”

50384641332_7c515927b8_c.jpg

“How so?” Maru asked, lifting her head and wiping away her tears again.
    “Well...just because he and Penny are together now, doesn’t mean they’ll stay together.”
    Maru gave her a look of surprise.
    “I mean,” she started, raising her palms, “I’m not wishing ill on their relationship or anything it’s just...cr’ap happens in life, hurting even the best of relationships, and sometimes two people just don’t work out and end up going their separate ways. And it’s not like they’re married! So there’s always a chance in that regard.”
    “True,” Maru sniffed, “but I highly doubt they’ll break up. Harvey practically declared his love for her back there.” It ached her heart to say it. “And Penny’s had a crush on him for a long time.”
    Abigail nodded, honestly thinking the same, but was just trying to provide comfort. “I’m so sorry Maru,” she expressed, “this really is a su’cky situation, especially since they are both your best friends.”
    “Thanks.”
    “Time heals all wounds though, it really does. Just allow yourself that time and don’t beat yourself up when you’re not always at the top of your game every day alright?”
    She smiled appreciatively.

“Do you mind if I’m a little frank about something?” Abigail carefully asked. “Since you brought up your dad earlier.”
    “Uhh...I guess.”
    Abigail shifted her weight on the bed before starting. “You mentioned Harvey being the only man your dad would approve of for you...well...whether he approves of someone or not, your heart is going to love who you’re meant to be with and...he’s going to have to accept that. You can’t allow him to dictate your life Maru. It’s YOUR life! You choose your path and you choose your mate, and you need to always remember that.” She paused, chuckling for a second. “I’m sorry, but...I’ve been over at your house enough times to witness how overbearing your dad is and I’ve been dying to tell you this for a while.” Maru nodded with a half smile. “We both know he means well for you, and I know you don’t want to hurt him or be disrespectful, but girl if you don’t stand up to him when it’s necessary, you’re going to live one hell of a miserable life! A life you don’t really want. I certainly don’t want that for you and believe it or not, Seb doesn’t want that for you either…”

50384461841_735175028c_c.jpg

Maru met her gaze with a curious look.
    “Just...try not to let your dad’s wishes for you consume you okay? Use them as a guide, not as an absolute. Listen to your heart. Follow it, even toward the right man when the time is right, and you’ll never go wrong.”
    “Thank you,” Maru smiled at her and they both stood from the bed. “And thank you for listening. I’m really glad we had this chat.”
    “Aww, me too,” she said, taking Maru into a hug. “I’m happy I was here to help. I hope I did...”
    “You did. I really appreciate your advice.”

50384641372_be4d0d2582_c.jpg

Getting close to Sebastian’s sister would certainly warm his heart, Abigail couldn’t help thinking. Then the doorbell rang again. Oh my gosh! He’s gonna think I was working on getting dressed this whole time! Dang it!

She told Maru a quick goodbye and bolted down the stairs.

Maru slumped back down upon the bed again and sighed while gazing at the chemistry station. How am I going to put my feelings aside when I’ll be working so closely with Harvey in compounding more medicines? She chewed at her lip. Well, whether it’s here or back home, I’m still going to have to work with him so...I’m just going to have to learn to deal with it.

50384640917_e3e35f64b4_c.jpg

To be continued... :)
  • Options
    Penny's dress is super cute! And the boots Maru is wearing, I have them in my game, too. :) I like Abigail's dress as well. You have great fashion sense, Emily. :)

There are 6 guys and 6 girls, so Maru will find someone else. If you want her to. ;)
  • Options
    @KevinL5275 Thanks buddy. :blush: And here I always feel like I have NO fashion sense! :lol: At least for myself anyway...
    There are 6 guys and 6 girls, so Maru will find someone else. If you want her to. ;)
    ^Indeed. :smirk:
  • Options
    @emorrill Lovely to see Harvey without his moustache - he does look a lot younger :o .
    You were teasing your readers quite a bit by not showing his face, lol :p .
    Abigail is not very nice to Haley now even if she's right... :# I hope Haley is not going to hate her. Haley is very self-centered though.
    Such a cute picture of the kiss.
    Poor Maru. It's not easy for her to have to watch Harvey and Penny together all the time. I hope she gets over her feelings quickly.
    Harvey is talking about Penny's dress but I think I know what he's staring at ;) .
    It is a cute dress and suits Penny.
    Poor Maru must feel strange crying in front of Abigail.
    Maru seems to have changed completely her mind about Harvey if she used to think his crush on her was creepy :| . I'm afraid it's too late now even though Abigail tries to tell her it may not be the case.
    I hope Maru will think about Abigail's words about her dad carefully because Abigail makes sense.
  • Options
    emorrill wrote: »
    @KevinL5275 Thanks buddy. :blush: And here I always feel like I have NO fashion sense! :lol: At least for myself anyway...

Well, I have no fashion sense either, but you're doing better than me so that's something. :)
  • Options
    I sent you an in-game gift that I hope will cheer-up Maru. :)
  • Options
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I sent you an in-game gift that I hope will cheer-up Maru. :)

Aww thanks @KevinL5275 . :blush: You shouldn't have. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Alrighty everyone, here is the conclusion to Chapter 9. :mrgreen: I thoroughly enjoyed writing this and I'm excited to share it with you.

Turn up the steam! ;) Enjoy!

Conclusion to Chapter 9...

Later that afternoon, Emily took a break from watching over Shane - he asked to be left alone - and used that time to relax and take care of herself. She watched Sam and Sebastian play some music on their instruments, chatting with them a bit, and then retreated to the couch to read an intriguing mystery novel while eating an apple and drinking coffee. Her ears were kept peeled to any sounds that might be heard through the wall behind her. Shane had been pretty quiet for a while and just when she decided it was time to check on him again, Harvey returned home from the ladies house.

She took that time to inform the Doctor about the status of the patient and ask about when the IV could be taken out.

50442481513_d87d294f8a_c.jpg

50442481528_bdff02f2d8_c.jpg

At the tail end of their conversation, Sam announced that he discovered a pizza place in town, through the World-Wide Web, and was going to call and see if there were Androids running the business and would deliver. Pizza sounded pretty darn good to everyone present, especially when none of them felt like cooking.

To their surprise, an Android woman drove up and presented them with two hot, fresh out of the oven pizzas at no charge! There was no money in this world, Harvey and Penny discovered that on their date, and figured the Androids' sole purpose was to serve them during the quest. Sam joked about how he could get used to a money-less life while sniffing the steamy aroma coming from the pizzas before setting them down onto the counter to dish up.

50443176531_e7bed040ac_c.jpg

They all grabbed a couple of slices and ate at the dining table while carrying on random conversation.

50443354537_c83300f180_c.jpg

50443176236_49c57aa8cd_c.jpg

50443176301_cf63087313_c.jpg

Emily ate quickly so she could take a couple of pieces to Shane and it was high time she checked on him.

She knocked before entering the dimly lit room and kindly greeted, “Hey. I brought you some pizza. It’s really good.”

When her eyes met with the man upon the bed, he was curled up in the fetal position and shaking, beads of sweat glimmering upon his brow.

50443354707_bee340885a_c.jpg

Frowning, she set the plate down onto the desk and came to his side. His eyes glanced up at her for a second, then returned to staring straight ahead at the wall, hissing in frustration as the tremors continued to torment. She wanted to ask if he was alright, but knew what the answer would be. Instead, she kept quiet and simply took his wrist to check on his pulse.

50443176376_d86b587429_c.jpg

Shane watched as she held his wrist with her fingertips and stared down at her watch, knowing exactly what she was doing. He rolled his weary eyes. “I see Harvey ‘doctorized’ you as well,” he said with displeasure; tired of being the Patient.
    “No,” she replied, trying to stay focused, “just taught me how to check your basic vitals so I can report them back to him.” She gently placed his wrist down and went over to the other side of the bed to fetch the thermometer and washcloth from the end table. “Your pulse is still a little elevated, but getting better,” she informed, standing before him again. “I’m going to check your temperature now. Open,” she directed, pointing the thermometer toward his mouth.
    “You know, you’ll probably get a better read sticking it in my a$$,” he honestly said, while mostly joking.
    A smile played across her lips as she stifled a laugh. “It’ll be fine. I’ll hold it in place for you okay?” As she did, she wiped the sweat from his brow and cheeks at the same time.

“Did you...chat with Harvey?” he asked in between a couple of rough shakes. “About getting this stinkin’ IV out?”
    “Oh, yeah,” she answered with a frown. “I’m sorry, but he said he wants to keep it in for another day or two. Until the tremors subside a bit more and you can get in enough fluids on your own.”
    “Oh come on!” He glared. “This thing is annoying and still hurts!”
    “We know…”
    “And I could drink past the tremors if you all would give me something other than water! I hate water! But noooo, I’m sure the Doctor will never allow that because juice and soda have too much sugar in them or some sh’it like that!”
    “Shhh,” she calmed, placing a hand upon his shaking shoulder. “I’ll see what I can do. If he insists that you only drink water then maybe,” she shrugged, “I can flavor it up with some lemon or orange wedges. Whatever you need, I’ll make it happen.”

He closed his eyes and grit his teeth while continuing to endure the ever present shakes. “It doesn’t matter anyway,” he spoke, “I'm just going to die.”
    “No you’re not.”
    “I want this to end,” he stopped and whimpered. “I can’t...take it anymore. This shaking...and my whole body hurting. I can’t function.” He shook his head upon the pillow in defeat. “It’ll never get better. I screwed myself up...and I’ll be no good to Jas, or anyone, like this. Nor do I want to be anyone’s burden. Just...take this IV out and let me go.”
    “No,” she retorted, taking his hand, “I can't do that. Because it will get better. It WILL! I know that’s hard to believe right now,” she paused to stroke the wet bangs away from his eyes, “but you’re just going to have to trust me and Harvey on this. You’re going to get through this and feel normal again, it’s just going to take a few more days. And I’ll be here with you every step of the way so it’ll be easier to endure.”

50442481418_75c26e068f_c.jpg

She thought she could see him nod in appreciation, but it was hard to tell. “I’ll take that sleeping pill now…,” he silently uttered.
    “It’s not ready yet,” she regretted to inform, “but almost. Probably within the next hour or two. They didn’t compound more of it earlier because they weren’t sure if you’d have a serious reaction to it.”
    There was a grumble.
    “I know,” she soothed, standing up straight to ease the pain in her back from leaning forward for so long.

Shane continued to bury his head into the pillow, gradually giving up hope and will power and Emily could sense it. It pained her heart to see him in such a state and she bit at her nail, trying to think of a way to ease his suffering while waiting for the sleeping medication to be ready. If only I were familiar with herbal remedies here as much as I am back home! She was then reminded of the couple of times he expressed muscle aches and body pain and suddenly...it came to her.

With every ounce of love and care in her heart, and a little bravery, she took both of his hands in hers to which he glanced up at her questionably for it. “Here, sit up,” she gently asked. When he hesitated to budge she unequivocally added, “Trust me.”

Her eyes told him all the words she couldn’t say and for the first time in a long while Shane found himself willing to trust in it. She’d never given him any reason not to trust her, especially with all this selfless service she was giving him which he still didn’t fully understand. Not to mention the fact that she never divulged his life story when she totally could have because of the way he treated her and everyone else in town.

He hissed in pain as she helped him sit up and he lowered his head into his hands once she released them. Next thing he knew, she had positioned herself directly behind him, his body between her legs, and placed her soft, chilled fingers onto his shoulders. He flinched a bit at the touch and turned his head toward her in confusion, to which she once again assured, “Trust me.”

Slowly and carefully, she began to bore her thumbs into the tight muscles on his shoulders. Closing his eyes, he leaned his head backward and expressed a few, light moans of sweet relief. Even the tremors seemed to dissipate. The quicker and deeper she rubbed, the louder his moans became, to the point he didn’t realize he was doing it, nor would he have even cared. It felt so good.

50443176456_4edf61f009_c.jpg

“Wow,” she voiced for a moment.
    “Mmm,” was all he got out as she rubbed harder.
    “You have some crazy tight knots…”
    “Oooh.”
    “...all around your shoulder blades.”
    “Ahhh.”
    “No wonder you’ve been feeling so achy.”
    “Mmm hmm. Oooh.”
    She smiled and blushed at his vocalizations, finding it difficult not to be turned on by it.

50443176511_fc4560f416_c.jpg

“Ow!” he cried, flinching a bit. “Okay now that just hurts.”
    “Sorry...I’ll move on to the middle of your back now.”
    “No it’s...oh your hands are so warm,” he breathed in relishment. “My chest is freezing and it aches too. If you could just put those warm hands on my chest...”
    Eh, what?
    “...and rub it too?” When she didn’t act right away he remembered and asked, “Please?”
    “Uh, okay,” she whispered with a gulp. Not that she was complaining, just taken by surprise at his request.

She wasn’t sure how exactly one rubs a man’s chest, but started by simply placing her hands on his pecs and he leaned back into her expressing an, “Ahhh,” like he’d just entered a hot bath. Their cheeks briefly touched as she carefully rubbed, his sweaty, manly aroma penetrating her nostrils. His whispering moans were practically being breathed right into her ear and it made her heart race all the more. She drew in a breath to calm herself and remember to hold it together; to be professional. She was giving a therapeutic massage. After all, anything sexual about this she was sure was FAR from his mind! Mostly, she was just happy to provide him with some much needed relief. That's really all that mattered to her.

50443176136_9d37239fa1_c.jpg

“Ooh, this feels amazing,” he whispered as she gripped and rubbed at his pecs more deeply. “Now I know why people get these all the time...Ooooh.”

She kept on with it for another five minutes until his body began to weigh uncomfortably upon her. I think it’s working! He’s getting sleepy!
    “Here,” she voiced near his ear, causing his eyes to open, “let’s have you lay on your stomach so I can work on your other muscles, from your lower back down to your feet.”

Shane’s eyebrows rose at the sound of that as Emily stood from the bed and helped him turn his body around until his cheek was resting comfortably upon his arms. When she slipped on top of him, straddling his bottom while getting into position, a pleasurable surge of excitement shot through his body, and also a startle. He couldn’t ever remember being this intimately close to a woman. He wasn’t exactly sure how he felt about it - about it being her, the overly cheerful, oddly dressed, blue-haired woman behind the bar - but all those thoughts soon vanished by the intoxicating relief coming from her massaging and he began to wallow in it, expressing light moans once again.

50443176351_923f9070a0_c.jpg

Soon Emily was back on her feet, working on his thighs, and still trying not to feel too much pleasure in listening to his moaning and grunting. Earlier, temptation arose to massage his “cute” bottom, but it wouldn’t have been appropriate, or respectful, and she was sure it would’ve caused an uproar. Little did she know there was a faint feeling of disappointment in the man when she skipped it.

By the time she reached the bottom of his calves, rubbing the tendons just above his heels, there were no longer any sounds coming from him. She thought she could hear a light snoring. Sure enough, when she got a closer look, he’d fallen fast asleep in his arms; sleeping just as deeply and peacefully as he had when Harvey gave him the sedative. It was the greatest relief he’d felt in days.

Cracking a smile at her successful attempt to help ease his suffering without the use of medication, she took a few steps back and feverishly rubbed at her neck. Watching him lay there all passed out and mostly naked, her chest rose and fell, releasing all the restrained, aroused breaths that she kept from expressing in response to his moans.

50443354652_542900edaf_c.jpg

She tried to shake the feeling. The attraction she carried for him was burning with desire, thinking there was so much she could do to him in this moment, but she had to practice restraint. She had to. For it would surely bring disaster. She knew he didn’t feel the same for her, and most likely never would, even after this whole experience. It’d be heartbreaking, but...she’d have to learn to accept it. There was still so much she didn't know about him, and it still worried her for the sake of her heart.

But that wasn’t going to stop her from holding out hope, no matter how faint a glimmer it seemed.

:blush:

A/N: There's a few things I couldn't include in this chapter to make it forum appropriate. :smirk: So a more heated version is on my blog HERE. (Just scroll down to where we last left off with Maru sitting alone on the bed and read from there. 👍 ) There wasn't a whole lot more I added, but you'll notice it in a certain paragraph for sure. :smirk: Enjoy!
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    @emorrill I enjoyed reading the update - great writing. I read the version from your blog too :smiley: .
    I hope Shane will eventually realize that Emily would be a great woman to have in his life and not just the oddly dressed and cheerful woman from the bar. She's been putting so much time and energy for taking care of him, and I hope Shane will start seeing her as a woman when he feels better. He already seems much better even if still sick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top