Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Children should have been able to use the bikes too

I was excited for the bikes in discover University until I found out that children can't use them. Why? What excuse is it this time? Children use bikes too, so why can't they use them in this pack?
6JSxk49.png?1

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Because this game thrives on excluding children from literally everything.
  • TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    Well, that's a bit disappointing. :(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    They are probably waiting to put them in some type of family pack I suppose. It has to be worthwhile for EA to spend any money on them otherwise does it?
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Because they new modders would do it within a day of the game's release.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Glad to see no one is using the excuse that University is a pack for adults seeing as kids cant be vampires witches or mermaids and neither of those features came in a adult specific pack. Ignoring every life stage besides adult is just what Sims 4 does and the Sims team need to be called out on it so they can do better.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Adding the animations for children and bikes would have been some extra work. Teens/YA/Adults/Elders all have the same skeleton so it's much easier to make something for them. They might have had to make a second smaller sized bike for them and that's more work too. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    It would be great to get bikes for kids at some stage.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I am also deeply disappointed by this. Children seem to be left out for every means of transportation.

Adults have several transportation options
    - teleport (wellness skill from spa day)
    - fly as bat's (vampires)
    - sail with boats (island living)
    - fly on brooms (RoM)
    - ride bikes (discover university)

children have nothing

But it is a general trend. We now had 3 packs in a row without even any toddler/child CAS items (mochino, RoM and DU) . :'(

I still hope we will get bikes for children one day even if it looks highly unlikely at the moment.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I didn't know children couldn't ride the bikes. that is just sad. and if and when they can I hope it comes in a update because I dont want to have to pay again. I'm not sure I got my money worth with University.