Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Conflicting information on multiple controllable sims in University housing

Can you have a multiple controllable sims in university housing without using one of the premade households?
I have been told you can only do it if you use the best friends household or if you add to that one or the Fletcher household. Someone said that if you place a sim in university housing and then go enroll another sim that you cannot add them to the dorm with the first sim. It is not an option.
I am now seeing people say that you can merge households to get a group of controllable sims in university housing. I have seen others say that it does not work.
I know the off campus residential lots you can control as many students as you want.
What is the actual answer for university housing?
Thank you for the help!

Comments

• alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited November 2019
    Someone gave you bad info. Yes you can add sims to the same dorm and they are all controllable. Evict the original household from the dorm before you play it. I had to do this with my set of triplets who all went to college. I enrolled them one by one and added them to the same dorm room. It is sorta tedious having to go back to the original household and then transferring to the dorm but it can done. I am assuming you can have up to 8 controllable sims in the same dorm but I wouldn't advise it because that would be INSANE! lol
  • BookwyrmmeBookwyrmme Posts: 59 Member
    That is so odd, because I tried that and the dorm the first one was in was not selectable to the second one. And yes they were both enrolled in the same university.
    Bookwyrmme wrote: »
    That is so odd, because I tried that and the dorm the first one was in was not selectable to the second one. And yes they were both enrolled in the same university.

Are you sure that you were clicking on the same dorm hall? They do look alike.
    I think so. I will try again to make sure. I appreciate your help.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Someone gave you bad info. Yes you can add sims to the same dorm and they are all controllable. Evict the original household from the dorm before you play it. I had to do this with my set of triplets who all went to college. I enrolled them one by one and added them to the same dorm room. It is sorta tedious having to go back to the original household and then transferring to the dorm but it can done. I am assuming you can have up to 8 controllable sims in the same dorm but I wouldn't advise it because that would be INSANE! lol

I wouldn't be so quick to write it off. There may be bugs being triggered.
    I just had a heck of a time trying to move two sims to another dorm when they had finished their first term.
    The first one went over with no problem. The second one replaced the first and the first one was in limbo for awhile, but I got her back into her original house. I gave up on that save and started over. It was a copy of my main save anyway.

How do you drop out of University anyway?
    My recovered sims where still enrolled in University, but it would not let me move them to my new dorm.
    This is why I started over.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    At least you can have multiple controllable sims when they are coming from the same household.

This picture shows Miko Ojo and Akiri Kobi in the same household at campus. Both are playable. Akiri was allowed to move into the dorm where Miko was living.

18_11_16.png
    CK213 wrote: »

I just had a heck of a time trying to move two sims to another dorm when they had finished their first term.
    The first one went over with no problem. The second one replaced the first and the first one was in limbo for awhile, but I got her back into her original house. I gave up on that save and started over. It was a copy of my main save anyway.

My recovered sims where still enrolled in University, but it would not let me move them to my new dorm.

You can drop out of University on the phone. If this is a bug for some people then they need to address it quickly.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

You can drop out of University on the phone. If this is a bug for some people then they need to address it quickly.

Thanks.
    I'll use it if get into trouble again.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Thanks, everyone. I still can't get it to work. The lot isn't an option to choose for the second sim. It happens on both my mod free laptop version and my mod heavy pc version. I will try repairing the game again and see if that helps.
    I appreciate the screenshot of it being possible.