Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Discover University Did You Know Thread

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited November 2019
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the new death is?? I've been searching around but haven't found anything yet.

I think the new death is actually with the servo's more so than the botting station. It was shown they had a new headstone and urn.
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Naturedance36Naturedance36 Posts: 6 New Member
    I don’t have the points or the know how to share a screenshot, but my sim just got a buff that she’s mentally drained (from contributing too much knowledge) so I’m guessing this is the new death if I proceed...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited November 2019
    Did You Know?

There is clock chimes that occasionally ring in Britechester and they sound like the ones in Windenburg.

None of the lots have double beds just single beds.

The swimmable lakes have ducks in them.

You can fish at the lakes and if you have a boat you can fish from your boat in the lakes.

Sims can float on their back in the lakes.

Like with pools and in the ocean sims can kiss in the lake aka kiss in water.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2022
    If your sim joins robotics and gains better status in the group (s)he can get more credits for classes. That means (s)he can graduate earlier. Actually, it just means better grades.

specifically:
    If your sims attend Robotics events, they can earn extra credits for: villainy, physics and computer science
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    If your sim joins robotics and gains better status in the group (s)he can get more credits for classes. That means (s)he can graduate earlier.

Wow! Is it optional? Should I exit robotics organization if I want my sim to stay at Uni as long as possible?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Did You Know?

There is clock chimes that occasionally ring in Britechester and they sound like the ones in Windenburg.

You can fish at the lakes and if you have a boat you can fish from your boat in the lakes.

The single house in Foxbury has a double bed upstairs. My Sim snagged that pretty darn quick B)
  • TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    Had a spare double room at my house so I was looking for roommates, I noticed that all the potential roommates that have come over have at least one bad trait (I don't know if that's just for me)!
    I ended up accepting a mean female sim without knowing but oh well, adds to the fun.
    But also, after accepting this sim the next potential roommate that appeared was hugging my roommate, so I used the "ask about other sim" interaction on him and he told me he was "so in LOVE with her" so I accepted him too as a roommate and assigned him to the same double bed! Again, I don't know if that's a coincidence but I found it really cool, now there's a NPC couple living in my house (also he's evil lol).
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Icewolf wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the new death is?? I've been searching around but haven't found anything yet.

It happens when a servo breaks down and you don't repair it for a long time. The servo will start spinning around and turn into a pile of scrap and a gravestone/urn (servos do have unique gravestones and urns like spellcasters, vampires, aliens, cats, and dogs).
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

So that’s why they added shower woohoo!
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    If your sim joins robotics and gains better status in the group (s)he can get more credits for classes. That means (s)he can graduate earlier.

Wow! Is it optional? Should I exit robotics organization if I want my sim to stay at Uni as long as possible?

Wait... you’re actually enjoying it?! My sim dropped out before first term ended!
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Wait... you’re actually enjoying it?! My sim dropped out before first term ended!

I do :D but I'm taking only two classes per term now, plus my sim is already skilled and doing very well. I want more cool college experience, and I missed some challenge anyway!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    When your sim graduates a graduation portrait goes into their inventory.

I didn't get a graduation photo. :( I hope it was just a one-time glitch.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Non-students can attend skill classes. Each class costs $250 but bumps up the skill by approximately 11%. An easy way to gain any skill if your sim is rich.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

That is awesome! I love having these reasons to work towards a goal.
  • Lexington1988Lexington1988 Posts: 70 Member
    Did You Know?

There are 3 swimmable lakes in Britechester one for each district.

You can use boats in the lakes.

Wait, what?

• kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    edited November 2019
    There a 3 new death super interactions: death_Cowplant_HumanoidRobot, death_ElderExhaustion_ResearchMachine_Seated and death_Solo_HumanoidRobot

Class grade (max: 100) increases more slowly while studying (via book, computer or RM) once it reaches a score of 50
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Did You Know?

I never knew the one in Windenburg rang😳 where is it, I wanna hear it
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Did You Know?

The single house in Foxbury has a double bed upstairs. My Sim snagged that pretty darn quick B)

Oh I must have missed that one.
    @somewhsome

I don't think so! My sim graduated from science (I guess, it is called different in my language) and she enrolled again to study Psychology and she started with 4 credits already!

It was either because the robotics society or perhaps some classes/credits counted from the previous successful (A+!! :) ) graduation.
    You know because when your sims graduate they are kicked out of the societies. So it is hard to tell
    @DoloresGrey oh, you mean sim will get credits for next degree, not the current one? That's awesome! :) then it's easier to have multiple degrees. I really love this studying system.
    @somewhsome I don't know yet, I learnt that in my sim's last term. Though I think it counts for the current degree as well.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Someone probably already said this, but there’s a freaking marching BAND playing the intro music with DU!

I know, I got so excited when I heard it the first time. I wish we could pick which intro plays when we start our games, because this one is my absolute favorite by far.
    edited November 2019

specifically:
    If your sims attend Robotics events, they can earn extra credits for: villainy, physics and computer science

anyway after graduating from physics my sim started to study psychology and she started with 4 credits already
    edited November 2019
    When your sims reach lvl 3 in Research & Debate they do their homeworks faster. Also they can convince other sims to shower.

lvl 5 - Your sims can convince other sims (any, not only students) to do their homeworks for them! Cool! And convince to cook.
    Post edited by DoloresGrey on