Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you guys think university will come with a dating feature and include parties??

Dating and partying are as big as education itself in college, and i think its important to include it (and fun). Do yall think they'll be some type of dating gameplay for our college sims, and some type of partying thing??

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Don't think so, the leaked description didn't mention anything...and I hardly doubt it would.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sadly no.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    It would be nice; but I don't know. The leak isn't officially confirmed nor told us everything, so I rather wait until they officially say something before saying yes or not.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i'd hope something like that would be a basegame update
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Regarding Parties yes. The description said juice pong so that tells me it will be parties. It also said extra culicular activities which could also mean dating stuff. I hope that there is an online dating feature and chemistry and attraction. Past Universitie packs added new romance options. TS3 added woohooty texts,take a romantic picture together and the heat of the moment kiss. I believe that there will be a new kiss type coming with this pack but we shall see.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Regarding Parties yes. The description said juice pong so that tells me it will be parties. It also said extra culicular activities which could also mean dating stuff. I hope that there is an online dating feature and chemistry and attraction. Past Universitie packs added new romance options. TS3 added woohooty texts,take a romantic picture together and the heat of the moment kiss. I believe that there will be a new kiss type coming with this pack but we shall see.

I don't see University and think romance myself but then I actually wanted to go to University to get degrees for my future. My education was biggest on my mind when it came to Uni.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    It would be nice to see them have a dating app on the phone
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I had hoped so but I think a Romance Game pack may be in the works for around February next year and they may be saving that as one of the main features for that. If you think of all the things people want for University and think that they probably couldnt even include all that, then it seems unlikely to me.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dating app, no. Parties, yes. Toga, toga, toga.....
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I don't see University and think romance myself but then I actually wanted to go to University to get degrees for my future. My education was biggest on my mind when it came to Uni.
    In Sims 2 and 3 Uni added more romantic interactions. Universities is often were people meet their future spouse. Besides that romance is lacking in TS4 it needs more. I have to use mods for more romance actions and pictures.

Dannydanbo wrote: »

We dont know that for sure as descriptions don't list everything.
    I had hoped so but I think a Romance Game pack may be in the works for around February next year and they may be saving that as one of the main features for that. If you think of all the things people want for University and think that they probably couldnt even include all that, then it seems unlikely to me.

I hope your right but I don't see them doing a romance pack. I've about given up on that.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

We dont know that for sure as descriptions don't list everything.

I hope your right but I don't see them doing a romance pack. I've about given up on that.

don't give up cat
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    I doubt dating would be a feature in this EP. Dating/Romance would be a pretty marketable feature which I doubt they would want to bury deep in an EP.
    I would love to see a relationship GP. At the moment relationships is a pretty shallow feature. There's little differences between Sims meeting strangers and family/friends/loved ones.
    As others have said I can see Parties being a huge feature in University, I'm thinking toga parties, sports parties and "juice" parties!
    chickenow wrote: »
    I doubt dating would be a feature in this EP. Dating/Romance would be a pretty marketable feature which I doubt they would want to bury deep in an EP.
    I would love to see a relationship GP. At the moment relationships is a pretty shallow feature. There's little differences between Sims meeting strangers and family/friends/loved ones.
    As others have said I can see Parties being a huge feature in University, I'm thinking toga parties, sports parties and "juice" parties!

There could still be 2 or 3 new romance options added and for sure I think shower woohoo would be perfect for a Universities Expansion.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree that some part of the concept may be added but a Romance pack is probably its own concept. It basically was in other versions.

I've been thinking a pack like that would come for several years now. I agree that February seems logical but any time. It could probably be a GP.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Honestly, that description does not really mention anything new, so it is either to come or it is hidden cause the EP is going to be shallow like IL. I fear the last one, but I would need to see a trailer and some official blogs first.

If they exclude dating just how they excluded hotels and property owning in IL, then I fear for the nearby future of TS4.
    Our college sims can already date because we have the mechanics to ask someone out in the game now. I don't see the need to add stuff to a Uni pack that has nothing to do with college directly. I went to movies while I was at college, should they add a movie theater? I did laundry off campus, should they add the ability to build laundromats? My friends and I spent a lot of time playing Putt Putt across the highway from the college, should miniature golf be added into this Uni pack too? The answer to all of those is no. Just because I did something in college, that doesn't mean it belongs in this pack when it could easily come in a GP or a SP. This includes bands, on-line dating (romance) and hanging out at Pizza Hut all night. Give me stuff that has to do with college itself. Anything else can come on it's own later.
    edited October 2019

In Sims 2 and 3 Uni added more romantic interactions. Universities is often were people meet their future spouse. Besides that romance is lacking in TS4 it needs more. I have to use mods for more romance actions and pictures.

I know but college is not the place for dating apps - everyone goes places as groups - maybe at the coffee shop a girl from one group sees a guy she's seen on campus and just goes over to talk. Or maybe there is a Rally Thursday night and they agree to meet at the rally or even maybe the guy plays sports and he asks the girl if she's going to the game... That is the way people on campus do things - they don't need or use dating apps. Dating apps are more for people who don't see a lot of people everyday to get to know - on college campuses you see these people every where you go all over the place - apps not needed. If you are not dating someone -on a college campus - you will eventually - your friends love to fix that for you - no one need or uses apps on campus. Believe me it is not needed. nor are formal date something college student would get into - it's very informal and very group orientated and very - do things as a group kind of random thing - no real planning needed.... or apps. Maybe that was a good thing 40 years ago but nowadays people are less formal and a lot more bold then they used to be... People are not shy like they used to be and meeting Mr. or Miss Right is far less formal on a college campus... and parties are everywhere if that is what one is looking for - that don't need invites.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited October 2019
    Parties perhaps, but I don't personally associate dating with university. I would prefer the focus to be on the education theme, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. I am personally hoping for a Romance GP soon though to improve the romance system, dates and weddings. :)

I know but college is not the place for dating apps - everyone goes places as groups - maybe at the coffee shop a girl from one group sees a guy she's seen on campus and just goes over to talk. Or maybe there is a Rally Thursday night and they agree to meet at the rally or even maybe the guy plays sports and he asks the girl if she's going to the game... That is the way people on campus do things - they don't need or use dating apps. Dating apps are more for people who don't see a lot of people everyday to get to know - on college campuses you see these people every where you go all over the place - apps not needed. If you are not dating someone -on a college campus - you will eventually - your friends love to fix that for you - no one need or uses apps on campus. Believe me it is not needed.

I agree. Dating at college is easier and more relaxed because everyone is away from home for the first time and looking for a some kind of connection. Dating apps and speed dating seems (IMO) to be needed after college when your sim is too busy getting their career going, finding a place to live and being alone for the first time in their life. They are so busy that they don't have time to spend in bars or the park or the local coffee shop waiting for that accidental meeting where sparks will fly. Time is short, so dating apps and speed dating are the way to go. All of this can come in a misnamed ROMANCE pack.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    The last sentence in the description mentions dressing up in school colors to try to impress someone. Doesn’t mean a dating app or anything but maybe new interactions?
    The last sentence in the description mentions dressing up in school colors to try to impress someone. Doesn’t mean a dating app or anything but maybe new interactions?

I was thinking college comradery along with the spirit event and wearing school colors are meant to fill social/fun needs.
    edited October 2019

I know but college is not the place for dating apps - everyone goes places as groups - maybe at the coffee shop a girl from one group sees a guy she's seen on campus and just goes over to talk. Or maybe there is a Rally Thursday night and they agree to meet at the rally or even maybe the guy plays sports and he asks the girl if she's going to the game... That is the way people on campus do things - they don't need or use dating apps. Dating apps are more for people who don't see a lot of people everyday to get to know - on college campuses you see these people every where you go all over the place - apps not needed. If you are not dating someone -on a college campus - you will eventually - your friends love to fix that for you - no one need or uses apps on campus. Believe me it is not needed.

I agree. Dating at college is easier and more relaxed because everyone is away from home for the first time and looking for a some kind of connection. Dating apps and speed dating seems (IMO) to be needed after college when your sim is too busy getting their career going, finding a place to live and being alone for the first time in their life. They are so busy that they don't have time to spend in bars or the park or the local coffee shop waiting for that accidental meeting where sparks will fly. Time is short, so dating apps and speed dating are the way to go. All of this can come in a misnamed ROMANCE pack.

I agree. Maybe for Valentines day that could make a fabulous pack - all on dating and places to go - maybe even a romantic Vacation built around romance and dating to a real tropical paradise with all the things people thought IL was missing would go well together in this kind of pack - complete with Hotels and fun date ideas. Maybe even a Snow Lodge Vacation and finding love. Could make for an amazing gp.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    It's the best ep we've had so far for them to include it, but I doubt it. I don't want to get my hopes up!

I agree. Maybe for Valentines day that could make a fabulous pack - all on dating and places to go - maybe even a romantic Vacation built around romance and dating to a real tropical paradise with all the things people thought IL was missing would go well together in this kind of pack - complete with Hotels and fun date ideas.

Agreed. It would be a pack to add the Bed & Breakfast Inns that I'd like. Then we can create honeymoon getaways in Granite Falls or Sulani or anywhere really.