Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have y'all seen this?!?!? (Leak to Discover University)

Comments

• secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    Hope its not too American but I don't have high hopes.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I wonder when they’ll tell us about it. It’s supposed to be out in November so.....
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I wonder when they’ll tell us about it. It’s supposed to be out in November so.....

Wasn’t Get Famous announced and released in November?
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    announced october 9th
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    verlainem wrote: »
    Honestly reading the description doesn't sound like they added anything that we didn't have in the previous sims games with university. I was hope for more, but again the last few expansions and game packs have been disappointing.

Robotics and Villainy sound new. I don’t remember having law or engineering careers either.
    Robotics was in the Sims 3 Into the Future. Law and Engineering careers were in the first Sims game. Villainy well is new. But going to be interesting to see Sims 4 take on them. Secret society reminds me of the Sims 2 with the Greek houses and there was a undercover society in university within them too. Cool there will be ping-pong too which is new.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited October 2019
    I won't believe it until Maxis confirms it. I'm SICK of the threads with people yelling "UNIVERSITY CONFIRMED NOVEMBER 15TH!" and today, in the Guru Garage, the chat was constantly "where's university?" and "unnnniiiiverssssitttiiieee" and I would have left if it weren't for the Spooky Stuff codes, which was a waste of time because I did not win. And I WANT University too.

Sounds like you should take a break.
    Scobre wrote: »
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    verlainem wrote: »
    Honestly reading the description doesn't sound like they added anything that we didn't have in the previous sims games with university. I was hope for more, but again the last few expansions and game packs have been disappointing.

Robotics and Villainy sound new. I don’t remember having law or engineering careers either.
    Robotics was in the Sims 3 Into the Future. Law and Engineering careers were in the first Sims game. Villainy well is new. But going to be interesting to see Sims 4 take on them. Secret society reminds me of the Sims 2 with the Greek houses and there was a undercover society in university within them too. Cool there will be ping-pong too which is new.

Ping pong was in Sims 3 University. If I remember correctly, the table doubled for both beer pong and ping pong.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TarQwolmipg
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    Sounds exactly like previous versions of university.
  • Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I'll believe it when it's officially announced. I won't get hyped for features that are presented by "accident".

I can already see people getting mad at the Addon, when it all was just a hoax by some bored troll and EA didn't include things that were presented in such a "really real (i swear!(c)) leak".
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
    I'll believe it when it's officially announced. I won't get hyped for features that are presented by "accident".

I can already see people getting mad at the Addon, when it all was just a hoax by some bored troll and EA didn't include things that were presented in such a "really real (i swear!(c)) leak".

Multiple people found it in the Xbox store and posted various pictures, but ok. Lol.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/967738/ts4-discover-university-official-description-leaked-boxart/p1
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I need this to be real! The description sounds perfect! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

Most likely Tuesday.
    IceyJ wrote: »

Ping pong was in Sims 3 University. If I remember correctly, the table doubled for both beer pong and ping pong.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TarQwolmipg
    Oh cool thanks. Means I need to play the Sims 3 University more. :) How could I have forgotten the beer pong?
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Yeah I kind of expected to be. Why I wanted a complete active school system to really deliver something different for the Sims 4 but alas they are repeating themes again.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yeah I kind of expected to be. Why I wanted a complete active school system to really deliver something different for the Sims 4 but alas they are repeating themes again.

Same here. I would've preferred a more general education pack.
    Alas, people wanted Uni, people are getting Uni. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited October 2019

I think there are enough requests that we might get an education gamepack in the future. Something just for kids and teens. I couldn't see them squeezing all of that into a Uni pack. There'd be too much missing from Uni to make room for the other age groups.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

I think there are enough requests that we might get an education gamepack in the future. Something just for kids and teens. I couldn't see them squeezing all of that into a Uni pack. There'd be too much missing from Uni to make room for the other age groups.

It would be great, it's just not a thing I'm holding my breath for, honestly.
    I think they could have made an education pack including Uni that wouldn't have felt like it's got stuff missing to some people but it wouldn't have gone done well with those who specifically want University (for whatever reason from "it was in previous games" to "it's realistic". all valid reasons, obviously, just none that I particularly relate to).

WIth Parenthood already having added to the school things for kids and teens, I don't know if they'll revisit it one more time specifically for those age groups. I'm kind of hoping some things in Uni will add to the teen side, at least - extra classes, entrance exams etc.
    From the description, I like the pack in general though. We'll see what it brings.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Im going to admit here that I actually asked for 'leaks' in the many surveys, cause I think they are fun and good :D And if EA wants to take this into their main strategy, then so be it. In the end, it is up to you if you hold strong enough to your opinion against a hype. I would not mind if leaks become more of a thing. Im certain they are behind this or at least the xbox leak. The first one might not be planned.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    I remain unconvinced until it's official. How, may I ask, are bicycles going to be a viable feature without an open world? Would be well for the desperately longing eager beavers out there to remember both the quality of what we have been getting lately and that mere DLC is not what makes the game good. Have seen so much disappointment over the years, and it's sad to see folks setting themselves up for more.
    I remain unconvinced until it's official. How, may I ask, are bicycles going to be a viable feature without an open world? Would be well for the desperately longing eager beavers out there to remember both the quality of what we have been getting lately and that mere DLC is not what makes the game good. Have seen so much disappointment over the years, and it's sad to see folks setting themselves up for more.
    Well we have jet skis, brooms, and boats that all work in the Sims 4 world too, so transportation isn't impossible. For how strong people claim the Sims 4 to be, funny how it always reverts back to limits of the game engine whenever things like transportation are discussed among several game play features. Reminds me of an impressionist painting, looks good from afar, but if you look deep into the game engine itself with performing game play, it often falls short.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'm not sure if it's true or not. First screenshot I saw was sketchy -- "mysterious" was spelled "mesterious." But then it was corrected, apparently, which would mean that it was put up, taken down, and put back up without EA complaining that it was leaked.

I also think that the leaks are really "leaks" because it definitely gets people talking and excited. Honestly, what really disappoints me about this announcement, if it's legit, it looks like there won't be more group activities. I don't want sims who juggle soccer balls -- I want them kicking it with other people. We'll see.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's true or not. First screenshot I saw was sketchy -- "mysterious" was spelled "mesterious." But then it was corrected, apparently, which would mean that it was put up, taken down, and put back up without EA complaining that it was leaked.

I also think that the leaks are really "leaks" because it definitely gets people talking and excited. Honestly, what really disappoints me about this announcement, if it's legit, it looks like there won't be more group activities. I don't want sims who juggle soccer balls -- I want them kicking it with other people. We'll see.

The “mesterious” typo was from the Sims VIP transcription.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    In my opinion....maybe this is all part of EA’s marketing plan. In reality THEY leaked it to form a buzz 😅
    I think that's highly likely. It's cheap advertising.

If the description is legit, some of the features we are getting are:
    - two universities
    - 3 new careers that will most likely be exclusive by graduating. Engineering, law, and education. Not sure if they will be interactive.
    - dorm rooms with roommates
    - bicycles
    - mascots
    - school events like a school spirit rally
    - an array of classes, even including a villainy class. Term papers and presentations.
    - juice pong (beer pong)
    - pranks between the rival schools
    - it says juggling a soccer ball but idk if that means we are getting the whole soccer sport/activity. I hope so.
    - school organizations/clubs like drama, art, and robotics. Seriously hope these are interactive and not rabbitholes and we can build robots and a robot lifestate
    - also secret society returns
    - mini fridges
    Some of that sounds ok, and some of it sounds disappointing.

Hope its not too American but I don't have high hopes.
    I don't have high hopes either.
    They forget that the rest of the world exists, and does things differently.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yeah, and it looks horrid. Those plastic looking sims are such an eyesore.

Anyway nothing about this pack sounds appealing to me. Just more young adult only gameplay so I'll be skipping unless I can win it for free somewhere.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Education career is new, and something many of us have been hoping for.

I'll say, if all this is a hoax, it's a convincing one. Of course, I'd like to see an official announcement, but I am confident this pack is real.