Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's October! When do you think they will announce the next pack ?

If the recent leaks are true (Discover University - November 15th) then when do you think they will announce the pack ? Please vote :) ! (It should be Tuesday, right ? ) I think its gonna be either 8th or 15th October.

It's October! When do you think they will announce the next pack ? 192 votes

October 8th
10%
bandit5aelias24bekiIrdiwenBagoas77gothprincess4eversimmietimeMVWdeZT12JEREMIAAlbaWaterhousegoldann25TragicianAllinsimstimeLady_BalloraRouensimsSimsStarfishMaddieplaysgamesjacechujadonbakesM1ss_Plumbum 20 votes
October 15th
35%
icmnfrshJeanrudy8292verlainemIceyJaprilrosestoryyWedInvisibleaesIsb917AnmirlaAnyahsJestTruIsa_Menezesserbchick25zagboorulescatloverplayerCAF84christyb2852determig 68 votes
October 22nd
40%
Akl500Pauroraael14CK213OneAdorkableGirlGRIMMYLeGardePourpreKita5399IrishSimmer21alexspoom13Thunderbat87DJQ1308fruitsbasket101mock68loubyloulouVageniussultanameganKalaniCoolMissyHissyKiaraSims4ModsR0berta 78 votes
October 29th
13%
GalacticGaljeepjeepcatPlayerSinger2010SimburianRadioAChickenrobyngravesJnyxluthienrisingGlimmer50BabykittyjademrkingvJultan3TrashmagicEvaliynPamtastic72happyopiIlkavelleShaeSimDestroyerTodiloo 26 votes

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited October 2019
    October 22nd
    Someone pointed out that RoM is coming out on the 15th for console and I agree that they won't want to clash with that. Might be next week but I think the 22nd is more likely.
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    Someone pointed out that RoM is coming out on the 15th for console and I agree that they won't want to clash with that. Might be next week but I think the 22nd is more likely.

Well yeah, that makes sense. I personally think 22nd is kinda late for a pack like University (cause they should promote it longer) so im really hoping for 8th October.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    October 8th
    Almost close as Get Famous being announced
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    October 29th
    Soooooon. So any of those really :D
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    October 8th
    I hope soon, just soon. I don’t mind waiting Until release, I just want to know what’s coming!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    October 29th
    Later in the months. They wouldn't want RoM to get pushed to the side.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    If it's an expansion pack shouldn't it have been released already for reordering? I was sure that we had more than a month of preorder in the past.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    October 22nd
    They've been announcing the next packs super close to release. I think the 3rd week of the month sounds likely if the Nov 15th release is true.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    October 22nd
    TheBoyXP wrote: »

Well yeah, that makes sense. I personally think 22nd is kinda late for a pack like University (cause they should promote it longer) so im really hoping for 8th October.

Might be, but IL was only announced 3 weeks before release. It just depends on how much promo they think it'll need (and how long they want people's hopes to go soaring lol). If it really is Uni, I think it might not need all that much promotion if the forums are anything to go by.
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    TheBoyXP wrote: »

Might be, but IL was only announced 3 weeks before release. It just depends on how much promo they think it'll need (and how long they want people's hopes to go soaring lol). If it really is Uni, I think it might not need all that much promotion if the forums are anything to go by.

I think that happened because of the EA Play but i dunno. I just dont like that. I hope they will announce it earlier (at least 1 month before release) so i can start planning :smiley: .
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    October 15th

Once announced you can put up your thread.
    October 15th
    Later in the months. They wouldn't want RoM to get pushed to the side.

Rom has already been promoted.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    October 8th
    With ROM coming to Console on the 15th I think it would either be the 8th or the 22nd. I chose the 8th because I am hoping that there is tonnes of content that they will need to cover beforehand and so will need the extra time HOWEVER, I think that they might announce on the 22nd because they don't want the announcement to be eclipsed by ROM and so they will announce it after that
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    October 8th
    Since PC and console games don’t appear at the same time, I don’t see how EP8 would overshadow or ROM or the other way around. The console player already know all about ROM, right? Or is it different? I only play on PC.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    October 8th
    I think you they have had issues with having huge gaps in releasing content in the past and so it might be more logical to spread releases out. They like to do an announcement on twitter etc and pin the new release to the top of their feed. If they did two releases on the same day they probably wouldn't be able to market it that well. Spreading things out makes it seem like there is more content as well like when they say there will be a certain amount of content drops and then that includes pc, console and sims free play, even if its the same pack on a different platforms it's counted as two separate content drops. But who knows, maybe it will come out on the 15th.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    October 8th
    I hope they announce it the 8th. They can put it up for preorder then, or wait till the 15th and do console RoM and PC Uni preorders the same day. Even if you are a rare completionist and are buying the entire game twice on PC AND your console, you'd still have a little time to get your pre-order Uni in. A lot of people won't be buying both regardless, but even if you are, just because they both drop the same day doesn't mean you have to buy both the same exact day. Not to mention there'd be plenty of time to set up the deep dive livestream for Uni, as well as the Maxis Monthly for the pre-ep patch
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    October 22nd
    Seeing as I don't expect the University pack to come with much gameplay or content I'm going for a later announcement. They really wont need much time to discuss features because its all going to be pretty stuff to look at and rabbit holes.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    edited October 2019
    October 8th
    They wont announce October 15th - ROM on console comes out that day.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    October 29th

Once announced you can put up your thread.

That's the plan... except I'm going to be away for the whole first week of November and then studying for an exam as soon as I'm back. Do you want to take this one? Alternatively, I can start it and then just catch up page 1 after I get back.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    October 15th
    I don't follow anything other than PC, so I am in the dark about other releases. The sooner I can pre-order University, the better. It's all I want right now. :D
    HSau :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    October 15th
    Because the rumour says that, the next pack will be released on Nov 15th?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    October 8th
    I really hope they'll announce it next Tuesday, considering they announced Get Famous around that time last year. Fingers crossed!
    October 15th
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Since PC and console games don’t appear at the same time, I don’t see how EP8 would overshadow or ROM or the other way around. The console player already know all about ROM, right? Or is it different? I only play on PC.

Most do.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    October 22nd
    I think the 29th is too late if the pack is coming in November. There is a few american holiday's in November and I doubt they want to do live streams and spend time promoting the game during there holiday time. My guess is the 15th or the 22nd
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    October 22nd
    29th seems too late and everything else seems to early.
    funny-gifs20.gif