Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How come they don't have thieves in Sims 4 and has there ever been a banking feature in the Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm hoping they are waiting for some sort of Heroes and Villains expansion pack or game pack to reintroduce thieves as a type of supervillain. Everybody knows Supervillains rob banks, and Heroes foil bank robberies.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Just wondering why we have criminals in TS4 but no real interpretation of criminal activities. Will this be added to TS4? Also, has there ever been a banking feature in the Sims? Since we have vaults, why not add a feature in where you can go to the bank or possibly have Sims run a bank.

Maybe that's in development. What do you all think? I'm new to Sims trends btw so perhaps the more experienced can chime in.

Well there is criminal activity if you play the detective from Get to Work. There is all kinds of Criminal activity. NPC maids will also walk off with your small kitchen appliances now and then - like coffee pots and such. Of course even if we had police to call if like the other sims games you called them for that - they'd fine you and not do a thing about the appliance stealing maid - so having cops wouldn't even help. They wouldn't help with klepto's either.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited October 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Probably due to lack of police, even NPC police you can call. We have kleptomaniac trait; but we really need police back so we can bring back crime and burglars. For now, the closest we are ever going to get is with mods unfortunately.

Game police would not go after klepto's though. If you called them over a klepto they would fine your sims for making a false report as it was not something a burglar would steal. I liked Sims 3 for allowing the home owner to wail on the burglar for any thief if they were good in martial arts. They should give that back to us - we already have the ability to do martial arts and the practice dummy if you have strangerville. Just let our sims go after those sticky fingered sims.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I was just thinking if you have get to work there is a way you could pretend to arrest people. You could create a jail house and send your detective or chief or whatever to the lot and invite someone over to the lot and put them in a cell. If the cell is not in a home, I’m not sure if you could actually lock them in though. If it is at your residential, or make it a business I think you could lock them in by calling them in the cell and then locking it for only you to get in and out. When you leave the lot I am assuming it wouldn’t keep the person locked in.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2019
    In TS3 your Sim in a criminal career can go to a jail. They stay there for quite awhile. Literally. Try it. >:)
    In TS2 if your Sim uses the counterfeit money object, they can see the police arrive and heavily fine them, and or burn themselves up and most of the house if no one else is home to put out the fire. (or no fire alarm) Sims in TS2 do not extinquish themselves.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I was just thinking if you have get to work there is a way you could pretend to arrest people. You could create a jail house and send your detective or chief or whatever to the lot and invite someone over to the lot and put them in a cell. If the cell is not in a home, I’m not sure if you could actually lock them in though. If it is at your residential, or make it a business I think you could lock them in by calling them in the cell and then locking it for only you to get in and out. When you leave the lot I am assuming it wouldn’t keep the person locked in.

Get to work has a jail and police.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

They’re not real though....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    edited October 2019

Yes they are. Have you played the Police hands on Career - I have. They go after criminals , ( not just thieves either) lock them up, interrogate them - it is a regular police hands on job just like the doctor and the hospital, and the scientist and the science center. I have played all three of those careers.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

How very true. The arreseted criminals inside the jails when your Sim goes to work are counted against the cap of the population, but they won't be found in any bin and therefore don't really exist but just 'agents' to fill a slot of part of the gameplay for immersion sake. Mannequins are also counted against the population caps before there was a no limit option. They aren't real either.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Yes they are. Have you played the Police hands on Career - I have. They go after criminal , lock them up, interrogate them - it is a regular police hands on job just like the doctor and the hospital, and the scientist and the science center. I have played all three of those careers.

They’re not, because do you see Police arresting anyone outside of the active career? NO. If my klepto sim steals something and gets caught do they go to jail? NO. So the police are NOT real.

As and add on, can I go to the doctors besides being pregnant when my Sim is sick? NO, so the doctors are useless as well....

• Options
    edited October 2019

Yes they are. Have you played the Police hands on Career - I have. They go after criminal , lock them up, interrogate them - it is a regular police hands on job just like the doctor and the hospital, and the scientist and the science center. I have played all three of those careers.

They’re not, because do you see Police arresting anyone outside of the active career? NO. If my klepto sim steals something and gets caught do they go to jail? NO. So the police are NOT real.

As and add on, can I go to the doctors besides being pregnant when my Sim is sick? NO, so the doctors are useless as well....

Police never go after Kleptos not even in any of the Sims games. The best you could hope for is in Sims 3 give your sim a Brave trait, have them reach a high rank in Martial arts, and if a klepto steals your stuff you can beat them up and hopefully get your stuff back. But police never locked them up. If you call them on a klepto, they charge you for false reporting a crime. The only thief police went after in Sims 2 and 3 were the burglar in the black and white striped shirt. They rarely got the burglar on top of it.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

Police never go after Kleptos not even in any of the Sims games.

The police don’t go after anyone in this game...they’re useless.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    As for banking well the closest I ever saw was the ability for families to give their family member some of the family funds in Sims 2. I don't recall if that worked in Sims 3 or not though. Your sims could also pay them back if they wanted to from my understanding but I honestly never tried it - the paying back part.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Maybe all of those burglars from TS1, TS2 and TS3 who got arrest are still serving time? :D

Perhaps they will be out of jail in time for TS5 :wink:

That jail Is overflowing with all of the things that make the game interesting 🤣 hopefully they’re all planning a jailbreak for TS5

Jailbreak should be the name of a future EP :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Police never go after Kleptos not even in any of the Sims games.

The police don’t go after anyone in this game...they’re useless.
    Exactly and unless you work the active career you will never see them they're just part of a mini game. Where's the police catching a burglar or teens being brought home for breaking curfew this is the 4th Sims game they should have been improved not removed from the game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    Maybe all of those burglars from TS1, TS2 and TS3 who got arrest are still serving time? :D

Perhaps they will be out of jail in time for TS5 :wink:

That jail Is overflowing with all of the things that make the game interesting 🤣 hopefully they’re all planning a jailbreak for TS5

Jailbreak should be the name of a future EP :D

Criminals on the loose in the streets and breaking in houses at random would be cool. It would also be cool for law enforcement to catch burglars, but even more interesting, to be able to defend your home (either via self defense or security systems) against burglars for possible rewards or perks.