Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That possible theme/ focus: Discover University.

2...Next

Comments

• PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    It’s a shame this probably won’t be the real name once it releases because I rather like Discover University. It’s so different than the usual names they have. It’ll be “Get Educated” :D
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Discover Farming coming next year?
  • jacechu wrote: »
    I don't understand why there's so many people jumping on "I hate the name" bandwagon. Literally one of the first comments I saw regarding the leak was complaining about the unconfirmed name. Like, will you people ever be happy or just live for something to complain or be negative about?

A lot of them thrive off of having something negative to go on about.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    I don't understand why there's so many people jumping on "I hate the name" bandwagon. Literally one of the first comments I saw regarding the leak was complaining about the unconfirmed name. Like, will you people ever be happy or just live for something to complain or be negative about?

It's called honesty and people using a forum as forums were intended (discussion, not silent head bobbing). They won't fake positive discussions, and there's no need for them to. These things are up for comment, and that's why people gather. It's also a release to complain, no one seeks out disappointment, that's a silly new thought trend (also a complaint itself).

It feels like the thought police are always out lately, bobbing about in their bubble cars.

You also can't hide behind "just being honest" or going "truth hurts." I understand that you don't owe anyone else an explanation for why you might like, or in your case, dislike, something, but, in my opinion, constructive criticism (not blind/extreme optimism or pessimism) is the best form of discourse. It's helpful for everyone if we are able to better articulate what we want the game to be :)
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2019
    I didn't want this thread about liking or disliking the name.
    I was more interested in what the name suggests about the theme.

I did mention that I was glad it wasn't a "Get" name, but that wasn't the point.
    Placeholder name or not, I was curious as to why "Discover" was used.
    I am hoping the name means that University will be a time of Self-discovery for your sim.
    That's how I play University.

Otherwise the other alternative for "Discover" has the connotation of a vacation destination
    or amusement park, which would be a bit weird. I as the player will be amuse and I will see University a vacation from my normal game play, but my sims are there for growth and development.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I didn't want this thread about liking or disliking the name.
    I was more interested in what the name suggests about the theme.

I did mention that I was glad it wasn't a "Get" name, but that wasn't the point.
    Placeholder name or not, I was curious as to why Discover was used.
    I am hoping the name means that University will be a time of Self-discovery for your sim.
    That's how I play University.

Otherwise the other alternative for "Discover" has the connotation of a vacation destination
    or amusement park, which would be a bit weird. I as the player will be amuse and I will see University a vacation from my normal game play, but my sims are there for growth and development.

I hope the name means that there are many, many things to discover and that it is worthy of being called an Expansion Pack. I hope it isn't a discover new bugs pack which has happened all too often recently and good packs otherwise being trashed. :)
  • Eefje96Eefje96 Posts: 32 Member
    I like the name! Sounds like there is a lot to Discover and thats just what i like about new game packs or expansions. I hope they Make it better than the appartments and listen to this community. But the game makers know that this has to bo big and close to perfect or they Will lett down a lot of fans, so Im not so worried.
    I don't care what they call packs as long as the pack is well done and fleshed out. They can call it Peewee's Big Campus Adventure for all I care, just make it good and don't leave out obvious stuff for stuff that might be used once or twice and then forgotten about.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't care what they call packs as long as the pack is well done and fleshed out. They can call it Peewee's Big Campus Adventure for all I care, just make it good and don't leave out obvious stuff for stuff that might be used once or twice and then forgotten about.

LOL. That's going a bit too far though isn't it? Who's Peewee anyway? B)
    Simburian wrote: »

LOL. That's going a bit too far though isn't it? Who's Peewee anyway? B)

Peewee Herman is a comedian that had a Kids TV show for adults. It would be better to Google him or find him on YouTube. He really needs to be seen to be believed. :D
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    jacechu wrote: »

A lot of them thrive off of having something negative to go on about.

True story. There’s a whole subset that you never see on here until a new S4 pack release is announced or leaked, then they appear and write entire walls of text about how awful S4 is and how they haven’t played since 2015 because the new stuff (that they supposedly haven’t played) is still “shallow”, & “not meaningful” and how anyone who buys the new content and actually enjoys S4 are “sellouts” and complicit in the destruction of “the franchise”. 🙄
  • MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Wasn't Island Living named Sims 4 Island Paradise while listed on pre-order sites (legit ones too) before announcement, when those youtubers dug it up?
    Still think it's a placeholder.
    If it is just a placeholder then, maybe, the name will be Realm Of University.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    If it is just a placeholder then, maybe, the name will be Realm Of University.

lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'll be honest that I don't care much about the names. I figure that they probably name them simplistically for easy translation and because people may buy the English language version that aren't native speakers.

I agree that I'm hopeful for the content. More so, I'm interested to see what will happen after university.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I care more about the content than the name
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I am just excited and cannot wait to see what all it brings! I am really hoping it will add things for kids/teens as well as the young adults. I really want there to be more things happening for the kids/teens as well, since there really isn't much, like adding a Prom or school dance (I love adding formal wear shops in my games but kids and teens really do not have need other than going to a fancy restaurant), and kids need something too that even if they need a rabbit hole, I would just be grateful for some other activities to add for them. In fact, rabbit holes can be helpful when you have a full family, leaves one less sim to take care of for the moment, tho it would be more awesome if it was an actual event you could take your sim to. Just can't wait to get more info on this!
    edited September 2019
    I had to change the title as people are being too literal about name good/bad than what the name might suggest about the game play.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member

@Dannydanbo i agree 100000x's
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I think if the pack ends up being called "Discover University" it would be about self-discovery and finding yourself, which irl uinveristy is. I think it would work.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I like the tag "Discover University". It reminds me of the Sims2 University game bcuz you only controlled your sim outside of class around the campus exploring the Sim. Note that I said exploring the Sim not the world. It was a pack that gave you the young adult stage where you could freestyle for the first time. Even though Sims2 freestyle was focused on instruments I like the idea of freestyle as you learn to discover your own skills and improve them and those skills become part of your personality. Then you have the obvious you could run wild and risk failing and paying the consequences of that or work on your studies improving your Sim to get that degree.

I know IRL I changed my major 3 times trying to decide what I really want to do so in a way Discover University really is a part of discovery a piece of yourself in what it is you want and what you want to do. And choosing to not go to a college or University is also a life choice of discovery.
    WbUrFQm.png
    How your Sim embraces college life is up to them. They can study all night to complete homework or chill out and sleep in. And, with activities like juice pong, juggling a soccer ball, and hanging out with roommates, taking a break has never been so fun! Plus, your Sim can join school organizations like robotics, debate, art, or even a mysterious secret society. As the school year progresses, Sims become their best selves and discover who they are meant to be.
    Self Expression: College is all about discovering who you’re meant to be, and your Sims can really experiment with their personal style. It all starts with dorm room decor that reflects their personality. From posters to mini-fridges (for all-important midnight snacking), you can make their room perfect for studying or just hanging out. And when it comes to personal style, send them to class dressed to impress or sporting comfy sweats – it’s all up to you!

Those are EA's own words that gets at what I was hoping what the name means for our sims and game play.
    It remains to see if going to Uni feels life changing for our sims though.