Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is next? We got L/U-shaped stairs, probably uni etc.

There was a thread a while back where the OP asked for 3 big things that you would still want to see in The sims 4 that would make the game great or even somewhat complete.
There were many comments (incl. me) about L shaped stairs, uni, cars, swimming in the ocean/beaches, farming pack etc. Now that we got or probably will get most of these, what is left? What are the next 5 big things that are a MUST would make the game complete for you?

For me:

- Cars or let's say VEHICLES!
- A farming pack
- Owning multiple poperties, holiday homes
- Staying in hotels and owning/running them
- Multifunctional lots, so we can run a restaurant and hotel at the same time or visit a retail shop with a coffee place side of it.

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I have just three things left after University is out and those are

draggable bassinets
    Royal EP or GP
    beach VACATION spot
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I just got the last big feature on my wish list (magic), so when it comes to packs, I'm happy for now with what we have and just looking forward to what else the developers have in store for us. But there are a few not necessarily pack-related things that I am still hoping for:

- More functions in CAS, like being able to copy and paste an outfit and/or accessories from one category to another, and the option to assign a few starting skill points to newly created sims based on their age. It's awkward when you create an entire family from scratch and the adults don't seem to have any more life experience than their little children.
    - Zodiac signs and a somewhat elaborate astrology system, preferably combined with a new skill.
    - A cold world where it's basically winter all year. We already have five eternal summer worlds (Oasis Springs, Selvadorada, Del Sol Valley, StrangerVille, Sulani), so something Alpine or even Arctic would make for a welcome (and literal) change of scenery.
    - The ability to build my own functional apartments in any world I want.
    - More danger, failure and consequences in my sims' lives. Right now the game is too safe and unchallenging.

Not sure if that's really everything I want/need, but definitely some of the most important points.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Bands and Werewolves

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    there are many things I still want
    slow dance
    better babies
    a romance system
    more things for kids and teenagers to do
    and a rocking chair
    I have more but we can only name five
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Farming pack Cars! amusement park pack
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Slow dancing
    Cars and bicycles
    Multi-household builds (duplex, row houses, etc)
    Diagonal and curved stairs
    Firefighters, burglars and repo men
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    peragogo wrote: »
    Slow dancing
    Cars and bicycles
    Multi-household builds (duplex, row houses, etc)
    Diagonal and curved stairs
    Firefighters, burglars and repo men
    Ooh forgot the basegame NPC's! They are a huge MUST

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Better babies
    Better weddings
    Slow dancing
    Werewolves
    Group games like charades, tag, cops and robbers
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    University
    Faries
    Fireman
    Burglar
    Baby/Child/Teen/Elder overhaul
    funny-gifs20.gif

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Personality overhaul
    Bands
    Treehouse
    Online dating
    Piercings
    Plumbots
    University
    Farm
  • blessedangel1068blessedangel1068 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not sure if the question was geared towards PC users or Console users or both. I'm a console user. I would like to have

University/Schools
    Hotels (also being able to own/run hotel)
    Farming
    Emergency Services (i.e. Firefighters - we really need them) Sims do the stupidest things...lol
    Configurable stairs/spiral stairs for one, for console. I believe PC has them already, console does not as far as I know. I did an update and checked and did not see them. So yea.
    But most of all...the GALLERY so we have the option to share and download other users creation as they are able to do on PC.
  • AgenaAgena Posts: 36 Member
    •A farm pack
    •More stuff/activities for elders & teen
    •A clutter stuff pack
    •Better/more realistic relationships (one-sided crushes, polyamory,...)
    •Retail on residential lots
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    edited September 2019
    A school expansion pack for toddlers (nursery school) up to teens, possibly introducing a new life stage - preteen - and also deobjecting babies and giving them a new developed existence (learning to crawl, learning to sit up and play, weening etc.). Come for think of it, that would probably make two expansion packs - a generations pack and a school pack.

A farming pack, or countryside pack, complete with farming, ability to sell your produce/livestock/products at your own farm store or at a farmers’ market. It would also introduce more sustainable living with crafts - sew/knit/crochet your own clothes, crafting in general - which you could also sell.

Music! I really need a music game pack so sims can be in bands again and have a wider variety of musical instruments for all ages to enjoy. I’m married to a professional musician and I play a lot of instruments myself. I really feel for me personally that this element of the game is lacking as it’s so important in my own life/family.

A winter holiday pack would be fun, somewhere where it’s always snowy, that introduces winter sports and alpine culture.

Not in terms of packs:
    BB:
    - true split level homes (I’ve lived in London 14 years and have always lived in Victorian terraced houses - they’ve all split level - so I can never recreate my homes in this game and it bugs me!)
    - spiral stairs
    - Painting ceilings and inside roof textures
    - Placing windows on top of each other on one wall
    - now the stairs have been updated, the ability to have identical stair shapes above one another.

General:
    - Cars
    - More active careers
    - More business types (and the ability to run one from your house)
    - Holiday homes
    - Pond tools
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I really want multi-functional lots. A library with a cafe, a gym with a pool, a museum/arts center - so many things I would love to combine. That's the main thing I want that would probably be a patch like stairs, but it's probably a pretty difficult thing to develop so I'm not holding too much hope for it. Also ceiling paint/under the roof texture, and the ability to move doors/windows/columns with the alt key so they can be placed off-grid would be another thing I'd like which is a bit more likely.

Pack-wise, university is my preference, but it looks like that may be coming soon :). I also want a better romance system, it would probably work well as a GP (similar to Parenthood), with turn ons & turn offs, a proper online dating system, more underwear/sleepwear CAS (we've needed this for ages!), slow dancing, wedding CAS (outfits, rings, etc.), and one-sided romance to be possible.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Now that we have university probably ❤️ I want bands and some weird new things.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    - University
    - Werewolves
    - Spiral staircases
    - Murphy Beds
    - some hobby-specific objects and skills e.g. sewing, pottery, sports etc.
    - musical instruments and band items
    - teaching and singing careers
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    5 things that are a MUST for me:

- Full EP dedicated to music (signers, music videos, recording studio's, shows, bands...)
    - We NEED more romantic interactions!!!!
    - Defiantly multifunctional lots!!
    - Overhaul to ALL ages (except YA\Adults)
    - It's just weird not having cars in a life simulator game!!

And a few things I wish we'll get at some point:

Zodiac signs, hotels, modeling career, spiral stairs, real babies, farming, burglars, I would love to see items from the sims 1,2,3 that can make a comeback.....and there's so much more- the list can go on forever LOL!!
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Bands and Werewolves

Heavy Metal
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Hoping for
    -freed babies
    -ownable hotels/resorts
    -attraction system
    -online dating
    -invite household over option
    -multi functional lots
    -hobbies pack (sewing, pottery, more instruments, more sports)
    -generations pack
    -more romance interactions
    -more after school activities
    -piercings/nail polish
    -wedding overhaul (choose cake, send invites, select maid of honor/best man, etc.)
    -active wedding planner, teacher, lawyer, interior design careers
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Whenever farming comes, it’d be interesting if they, once again, gave us tractors before cars... this will only continue the trend :pensive:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited September 2019
    I loved S3 University and I would love a Uni pack for S4 but I really would prefer an overall SCHOOL EP for all young ages.

1. Actual daycare/preschool for toddlers during the day, even if it’s for like 5 hours. It’d be nice for toddlers to meet other toddlers at pre-school so I can actually USE the toddler date social event.

2. Children having the private school option. They can either pay to get their kid in or they can take a test and based on skills they learned as a toddler they might get a scholarship to attend.

3. Teens, if were enrolled in private school as a child will automatically go as a teen since all sims go to the same schools from child-teens.

4. The feature can add more after school clubs and prom/graduation for teens.

5. Then there’d be the University aspects. From the campus(es) to the residential/dorms and then the community lots for sims in university town to mingle and have fun to forget the stress of studying.

I’m just a bit upset with EA with how the Sims 4 has turned out. It’s become more about aesthetic than the gameplay and it’s taking a toll on (at least for me) the gaming experience. It’s lost some of its substance and excitement.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    Bands and Werewolves

Heavy Metal

And folk!

And folk metal...

tumblr_pncu9sobUR1qdl4w6o4_500.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited September 2019
    Overhauled babies and Baby SP
    Unique gameplay for toddlers, children, teens, and elders (Basically a Generations pack)
    Overhauled traits and whims (personalities improvements basically)
    Hotels
    Cars
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    University
    more gameplay for kids, teens and elders
    Hotels and or rentals in any world
    Spiral stairs
    More wedding stuff
    Attraction system
  • AndyDanielAndyDaniel Posts: 67 Member
    edited September 2019
    * Bunk beds
    * Doors/windows snap to half grid
    * Elevators in all house types
    * Ability to run up/down stairs
    * Simple on/off control to re-use NPC sims instead of auto-generating dozens of new ones for everything
    8IomapKl.png