Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you hope University Adds?

Comments

• SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    Team sweatshirts, T-shirt’s and jackets
    Active sports and sports teams..... like baseball, basketball (I knows we can already play it in CL)football, hockey and soccer ( with clutter of all balls like we have for basketball, also make sure they have these on a college sports channel.

Ping pong table that can be that or beer pong.

Pool table

Smaller arcade games for 1-2 persons

New vending machine

Malls

Dorms

Classes for teen-elder. Would really love a school from daycare through college.

Active careers (fully active ones with workplaces, like Get To Work).

Bunk beds

Murphy beds

Be able to go to school from home, dorms or apartments if you want, Have a full size world like Windenburg is.

Sororities/Fraternities, and their houses. Active school (go with them).

Cars

Bikes

Skateboards

New parties

Beer kegs

School Union and Library

School Cafeteria

Roommate system

Several board games that could be played on any table.

For free update I would like likes and dislikes.

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited October 2019
    I hope it adds the possibility of private schools - very very expensive ones! I finally need some ways to spend at least some of my sims's money. All my sims are disgustingly rich.
    If only I could transfer their simoleons to my bank account :D:D:D
    giphy.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    I would like to see table dancing not like strippers but sims. Can dance on tables
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks merged another discussion in here on the same topic to keep all discussion in the same place.
  • LidiflyfulLidiflyful Posts: 22 Member
    I hope to get specific young adult interactions like we have for teenagers. They did this in Sims 2 university and it worked really well and felt far more realistic. Presently there is no difference between young adult to adult. The game simply skips any notion of early adulthood.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited October 2019
    A reason for me to cut off my fingers and lock my bank account away from TS4.

..Again.

But in seriousness, I hope they add more danger/consequence for our budding little Simmies! Dorm food poisoning, gameplay-changing protests..
    OH! What about a stress management system? Y'know, nothing over the top ('cause it's TS4... and it seems as if dark humor has become a thing of the 2004's)], but maybe a consequential stress/addiction system! With counseling as a new career, y'know, or something involved with managing emotions. Stuff like that..
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    Dorm Rooms - not size adjustable -
    Juice Keg Parties - Juice Pong - Sims 3 romantic "juiced" interactions
    Fraternity, Sorority w/ housing
    Education leads to higher career status after graduating
    Apartments on campus you cant rent instead of being in a dorm
    Roommates
    Piercings
    Bunk Beds
    Teacher Career

• KafeleKafele Posts: 17 Member
    - I would love to have Dorm Rooms with the ability to play as the roommate too.
    - Honestly I would also love if there where a process in terms of going to school. Having to apply and decide where you go and then you can pick from like 3 different schools but then that means 3 new worlds so that is a slim possibility.
    - Also bring back fraternities, sororities, and a bunch of clubs to join that have weekly interactive meetings/events.
    - I saw someone say apartments which would be sweet. However, make it for 3rd and 4th year student only.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited October 2019
    I would love more group activities for the Sims, e.g.:

- tennis
    - soccer
    - football
    - minigolf
    - golf
    - baseball
    - gymnastics
    - ballet
    - contemporary dance
    - swimming (I know we have that, but I want my Sims to compete against each other and play with each other, I miss Marco Polo from the previous verions)

--> the sports thing could also work well for scholar ships (I really hope for lots of different sports because it was hinted in a premade new Sim that she got a scholarship for doing well in sports)

- skateboards and scooters (and the possibility to go for a ride TOGETHER)
    - skate anywhere (I know there is this mod out there, but it would be cool if my toddlers could also skate and if my sims could just go skating somewhere with their friends and not be confined to the skating ring)
    - ping pong table
    - board games that can be played on any table with up to 6-8 Sims (can vary with game)
    - pool table
    - tag and similar games for children and toddlers (but adults can join them)
    - more playground equipment for children and toddlers, like a slide for children, swings for toddlers, sandpits for both, carousells for both, flying fox for both (but the toddler needs assistance), climbing frame for both (I know these won't come with an University EP, but I still have some hope haha)
    - cooking and baking TOGETHER (god, I want my families or my roommates to bake christmas or halloween cookies together and I want my couples to have couple cooking dates so much)
    - build snowmen and sandcastles with more Sims than just 2,
    - more instruments (flute, trumpet, drums, e-guitar, bass) and the ability to form and perform as a band/group of sims (I want my Sims to be able to sing Christmas songs together as a family on Christmas with Dad playing the piano and daughter playing the flute)

Oh, and I do want bunk beds!!!! Pleaaase, finally!

I can't think of anything else right now, but I just keep encountering the problem that I don't know what to do with my Sims when they have days off.

Careers I want them to add in with University:

- an active education career with 3 possible paths (work as a teacher at elementary school, at high school or become a professor at University)
    - law career
    - psychologist career
    - architecture career
    - engineering career

Majors I want to see:

- Education
    - Psychology
    - Medicine
    - Veterinary Medicine
    - Art
    - Music
    - Archeology
    - Computer Science
    - Architecture
    - Math/Physics/Chemistry (as a combined major to become a general scientist, we have this science career)
    - Engineering
    - Philosophy
    - Literature
    - Sport Science

This should cover everything, I hope I didn't forget anything important. I really hope it's not some lame 3 or 4 major system where you have general majors like "Fine Arts", "Science", "Sports" and "General Arts" with which you basically can go down a bunch of career paths. This would suck, but it would be something that they do in TS4, so it's not unlikely we will see this. I still hope we won't because I do like special majors to choose from and I hope there is the possibility for modders to create more.
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    There is bunch of things they can add and I would love to see them, like
    - developed hobby system,
    - some sports like football, volleyball
    - music bands, dorm rooms (I miss it so much!),
    - some competitions, also related to sports
    And much more, but most probably they won't add it now :D

But mostly I really hope they will do proper connection with jobs, so that university will REALLY influence the jobs, promotion systems etc. Choosing particular major will somehow affect work choice and later promotion possibilities. I want that finishing university will somehow matters, instead of being separate feature that you can play with but if you don't - nothing changes in your Sims life.

Also maybe some internships during studies? Option to stay at university and do some academic work and research? E.g. connection with Jungle Adventure would fit here perfectly for History/Archaeology Major - you know, like research in the field :)
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • RhiLTCRhiLTC Posts: 20 Member
    OOH it would be cool if you could get put in a dorm with foreign exchange students who have very unusual customs or speak very little simlish
  • IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    RhiLTC wrote: »
    OOH it would be cool if you could get put in a dorm with foreign exchange students who have very unusual customs or speak very little simlish
    Yes! or going for exchange yourself! :smiley:

My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    MsTiquelle wrote: »
    I want a create-a-university tool. Kinda like clubs & holidays, but a bit bigger than that. You name your university, maybe give it a logo/colours as branding, choose which majors/subject paths are available, grade requirement from high school (A/B/C/etc.), tuition level, how much of a career boost you get, those kind of things. Nothing super complex (mostly drop down/checkbox options), but really good for gameplay flexibility.
    That's my dream, honestly. I want customizable universities so much! I wish I can make "elite" expensive university with uniform, high educational quality and high requirements, and something like a community college.
    I want to choose not only majors, but certain subjects/skills that my sim would develop.
    Of course, I would like dorm living experience too, but I don't want it to be the only focus of this pack. I need proper education for my sims, and I wish uni would impact their future careers a lot. I like an idea of CVs, job interviews and stuff.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Greek (Geek) houses and Secret Societies. Universities along with their University town. Bands like in Sims 2.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Pool Table. Please.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    No pool tables listed but ping pong was listed on the Microsoft site. Robotics, so maybe servos return. And secret societies were also listed. And mini-fridges! :D
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    No pool tables listed but ping pong was listed on the Microsoft site. Robotics, so maybe servos return. And secret societies were also listed. And mini-fridges! :D

No pool tables? Booooooo! >:)
    But eh....I do like ping pong quite a bit...and I imagine it takes quite a bit more effort to animate than pool.
    I 'm mostly interested in pool tables for build aesthetics, I have a project that's been waiting on that object for a while...but I have to admit ping pong is a lot cooler.
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

No pool tables? Booooooo! >:)
    But eh....I do like ping pong quite a bit...and I imagine it takes quite a bit more effort to animate than pool.
    I 'm mostly interested in pool tables for build aesthetics, I have a project that's been waiting on that object for a while...but I have to admit ping pong is a lot cooler.

The sites mentions ping pong and later on, juice pong. So there's that.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    A lot of the content that people have mentioned seems to be in the pack, living off campus, so we will probably we able to choose whether or not to play the sim at university and play multiple families

Law and Engineering, secret socities, DORMS, BICYCLES, soccer, school spirit activities,school organizations

Did not seen online university, online dating or any mention about school clubs/private school for kids and teens though
    If your college sim does not "move out" to college, you should have no problem playing the college sim or the household they are still a member of, but, if your college sim moves out, they are no longer a member of that household, so switching back and forth between the two would not be possible.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @SimsStarfish I think by off campus they mean not in the school dorms, and instead in lots you can rent? But that’s a stretch. But in TS3 Uni, you couldn’t play household members that didn’t enroll into Uni. They were grayed out, much like if you go on vacation and leave some household members behind.
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    The write up released says stay off campus which could mean stay at home in your own world. I think the Uni world will be a normalish visitable world with certain living types like dorms which only exist there sort of like city living. So if you have a Sim that lives with their family but goes to Uni, you still you can still play them while at Uni taking classes or just play the other family members at home/at their jobs or school.

As far as I remember you couldnt do this in Sims 3 as you had to chose to either play the sim at uni or the family at home.Uni was this whole other world that was more difficult to access than the world you lived in.

What I mean by multiple families is that you can switch easily between playing whichever family you want that has kids at Uni and the kids at Uni will see the other kids that stay there around the Uni world and wherever you travel

I remember with Sims 3 you couldnt easily travel between worlds you had to put the whole family in the library and then they lost their relationships and in the Uni world, if you wanted the neighbourhood kids to be there with you, around town and living in the dorms, you had to move them into one family before you sent them.

Now with TS4 world structure I am hoping you could have family A at Uni and play those sims and then maybe you have a family B whose sims are also in Uni dorms and you see them around, can interact with them. You can also switch households and play family B and the whole process will be a lot easier.

Obviously if a sim moves out of their household and then into the dorms then you cant play the other sims in the family at the same time but with Sims 4 world structure I am hoping its easy to just play the family at home or the sims and the sims dont disappear to some far off Uni world where visiting them becomes difficult or not playing them means they fail.

I played Sims 3 a few years ago so maybe I am remembering incorrectly. I am just excited about how the TS4 world structure could affect the way Uni works.

But that being said, being able to rent a dorm while still being part of the current household would be interesting. It would kind of be like your household family was paying for your dorm room or college apartment/house.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I only want a few things.

•REAL NPC ROOMMATES
    •Bunk Beds
    •Off campus housing = rentable homes

That’s it. Those three things are what I’m hoping for because they would be crucial for my gameplay outside of the Uni world.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Degrees of all kinds first of all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Bunk beds
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free