Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for University Nov 15th?

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    yes
    yes - very, very excited and looking forward to that pack.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited October 2019
    yes
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    No cause it's TS4.

Then why are you in the TS4 section of the forums? Go to the TS3/2/1 sections instead.

Why exactly? It simply was an answer to the question.

If you like the Sims 4, fine, go ahead. But telling people who don't like Sims 4 to just go away and keep their mouth shut, is uncalled for.

If people aren't being critical of the game, nothing will ever change. If you only want to see positive people praising the game and every table and chair they release, don't come to the forums instead. *sigh*

If you don't consider the Sims 4 a lackluster mess, that's fine, but there are plenty of us who do. That doesn't make us less of a member of the community and it doesn't make our concerns and opinions invalid.

Let’s be fair, just saying ‘no, it’s Sims4’ is not actually criticism. There’s nothing clear or constructive in it.

Of course everyone may be critical. That’s the only way to let EA know how we feel.

Just want to tell you that : yeah I love TS4 isn't constructive either. :wink:

There are people on both sides of the spectrum. Like me - who actually loves IL being a native land and not a vacation Paradise. It was and is exactly what I wanted it to be - just people who wanted Vacation land cannot see it - because it was not what they wanted. University may be exactly what i wanted which is exactly a regular University - but I see disappointment in the words of people already wanting it to be an education pack - which I do not want. I don't even want it to involve families or kids any more than I wanted a single hotel or vacation spot on IL. Lets face it some of us really do like the present design - we do not want the game to be something else. People need to understand there are as many people on one side of how it is against how others want it to be. We have as much right to be happy with the way it is - without being put down as well. We have the right to enjoy the game we got and not expect it to be something else because Sims 3 made it something else. This is Sims 4 - not Sims 3.

There is no right and wrong - other than the game thus far is what it is - and both sides have the right to enjoy it or not buy it - but don't wish for my joy with the game to be something else because the finished product is already estABLISHED and exactly what I was looking for. It does not need fixing - it is the game I want - so it is not broken just because it is this time not something some of you wanted. It does not make it a bad game or a mess as some put it because some of you don't like it and expected something else.

In my family University is just a part of growing up and getting a finished education. It is a rite of passage I would like my Sims teen and YA to be able to accomplish just like I did and generations of my real family have enjoyed. It is basically where my family go from being a child to maturing to an adult and readying theirselves for their entire future. It is where in my family where we finally leave home and our futures begin before we marry and have a family. That is all I hope University encompasses.

I didn't need a theory. I accept that you love TS4. Just want to point out that this person shouldn't tell me that my negative answer wasn't constructive when a positive one isn't either. Yes I love it, no I don't is the same. That's all. Plus the OP made a poll, so a poll can't only contain positive answers, logical?

Well my view is also a way to let EA know how some of us feel as well. They know then some of us like it and some of us don't - and that is true in many things in life. One is just as important as any other.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• AwkwardAquaAwkwardAqua Posts: 58 Member
    yes
    I have always loved university in the past however, this past year the packs they have released have been subpar at best. Aside from ROM (the builds were awful but the gameplay was fun), they have reused too many animations and barely added in anything noteworthy. I am worried that this will happen again but I am hoping that I will be proven wrong.
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: awkwardaqua
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    yes
    I'll wait for more details. Of course I am happy my Sims can go to college but I also hope they bring back private/boarding schools.
    edited October 2019
    yes
    I'll wait for more details. Of course I am happy my Sims can go to college but I also hope they bring back private/boarding schools.

As someone who went to both - they are not remotely alike so I cannot see it.

You realize Boarding school was just a rabbit hole your sims kids were sent off to until the game decided - if ever - to send them back home. You just did not see your kids any more when they were off at military or boarding school - with 1 rare exception - a very few times the game did send a couple of my sim kids back - but that was rare. Usually you never saw them again at least that was how it went in Sims 2.I did not play the Sims 3 version as by the time I wanted to it was not working right and even though we were supposed to get better traits for kids from it - it ended up not giving them any if they got sent home - and the rest like Sims 2 ended up never coming back home. I didn't have many kids in Sims 3 so I refused to send them as I did not want them to vanish. That - by the way did not come with University - it came with Generations - so no point waiting to see about that to decide about Uni if that is all you are waiting for.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• IlkavelleIlkavelle Posts: 41 Member
    yes
    I am excited a lot and I'm actually concerned that I am giving this too much hopes and that I will be hugely disappointed afterwards. I always loved uni expansions. I was waiting for this in sims 4 for so long, trying various uni mods but nothing satisfied me fully. Let's just keep fingers crossed they'll nail it.
    My site: SimsQuest | Twitter
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    yes
    So excited because it gives my Sims and me something else to do. ;)
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    yes
    I stopped playing my main save just cause one the kids is a teen and would like to use them for Uni. Will have wasted a lot of time it if isn’t the next pack 😱😱 but it’s cool
    edited October 2019
    yes
    I stopped playing my main save just cause one the kids is a teen and would like to use them for Uni. Will have wasted a lot of time it if isn’t the next pack 😱😱 but it’s cool

I too have a huge save I removed from the game with kids in it waiting to go to University. I look forward to finally getting to send them. They were all my first toddlers after we finally got toddlers that grew up in the game. I hope the save works alright because I removed it well before I got the Fame one. It's been waiting a long time. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited October 2019
    other

You realize Boarding school was just a rabbit hole your sims kids were sent off to until the game decided - if ever - to send them back home. You just did not see your kids any more when they were off at military or boarding school - with 1 rare exception - a very few times the game did send a couple of my sim kids back - but that was rare. Usually you never saw them again at least that was how it went in Sims 2.I did not play the Sims 3 version as by the time I wanted to it was not working right and even though we were supposed to get better traits for kids from it - it ended up not giving them any if they got sent home - and the rest like Sims 2 ended up never coming back home. I didn't have many kids in Sims 3 so I refused to send them as I did not want them to vanish. That - by the way did not come with University - it came with Generations - so no point waiting to see about that to decide about Uni if that is all you are waiting for.

Wait, how did you get boarding school in TS2? I know we had private school where you invited the Headmaster and were scored on room environment, schmoozing, dinner and some bonuses like coffee and the hot tub (the hot tub usually borked and the Headmaster would get stuck though). They stayed in the household and were playable the entire time.

TS1 would ship the kids off to military school never to be seen again if their grades dropped too low.

TS3 had boarding school where they would leave (but always seemed to beg to come back home if you talked to them on the phone during the term). I can't remember if you allow them to come back home before the term was over, but you definitely could at the end of each term. They would come back with a few skill points.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited October 2019
    yes
    Anmirla wrote: »

Wait, how did you get boarding school in TS2? I know we had private school where you invited the Headmaster and were scored on room environment, schmoozing, dinner and some bonuses like coffee and the hot tub (the hot tub usually borked and the Headmaster would get stuck though). They stayed in the household and were playable the entire time.

TS1 would ship the kids off to military school never to be seen again if their grades dropped too low.

TS3 had boarding school where they would leave (but always seemed to beg to come back home if you talked to them on the phone during the term). I can't remember if you allow them to come back home before the term was over, but you definitely could at the end of each term. They would come back with a few skill points.

After they were accepted at boarding school we sent them off in Sims 2. Some never came back home though. They vanished just like they did in military school in Sims 1 and if you checked their files with Simpe - their files were gone from the game out side of their names and family names - nothing else remained of them. That's how they vanished. The game destroyed them - so I finally stopped trying to get them in private school. And as I said I never tried in Sims 3 because people said it wasn't playing right either.

A similar thing happened to the parents too in Sims 3 when you would send parents away on trip and kids could have parties well that would sometimes malfunction and the parents never came back either. I stopped using the send parents on trips thing and never sent the kids to boarding school in Sims 3 for the same reason.

Believe me - I was leary about Uni even but that ended up working fine. Probably because we went with them to Uni.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    other
    Anmirla wrote: »

After they were accepted at boarding school we sent them off in Sims 2. Some never came back home though. They vanished just like they did in military school in Sims 1 and if you checked their files with Simpe - their files were gone from the game out side of their names and family names - nothing else remained of them. That's how they vanished. The game destroyed them - so I finally stopped trying to get them in private school. And as I said I never tried in Sims 3 because people said it wasn't playing right either.

A similar thing happened to the parents too in Sims 3 when you would send parents away on trip and kids could have parties well that would sometimes malfunction and the parents never came back either. I stopped using the send parents on trips thing and never sent the kids to boarding school in Sims 3 for the same reason.

Believe me - I was leary about Uni even but that ended up working fine. Probably because we went with them to Uni.

But how did you get that option? I've been playing TS2 since the beginning and I've never seen that.

On the phone, there is an option Invite Headmaster. He shows up at 5pm and you greet him, "show" him 4 or 5 rooms, feed him, "schoomze", and get bonus points for drinking coffee with him (or getting in the hot tub with him if you are brave enough to chance it).
    The kids wear a school uniform, and are in a better mood when coming home from school because they gain social, and fun doesn't drop as fast.
    All of my kids go to private school, but I've never seen an option for boarding school.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    edited October 2019
    yes
    It's private school. I went to private school but it was a boarding school to me they are the same thing as all the private schools my brother and I attended were boarding schools.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited October 2019
    no
    Both private and boarding schools cost parents more money and kids wear uniforms. However, a boarding school the kids live at. That's what the word boarding in this situation means, so I thought. I went to a private school as a child too, but not a boarding school because I was home every night with my family.

I'd like to see a return of private and/or boarding schools too, but I don't think that would be in University pack.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    yes
    I am excited after seeing the leak!!!!!!
  • AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited October 2019
    no
    I am starting to lose faith in Sims 4 ability to offer meaningful gameplay without a million bugs, so I will be reading lots of reviews before I decide whether or not to buy the pack. I wish that I could be exited, but the actual gameplay has been ignored in favor of providing beautiful scenery for a while now.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    yes
    I'm getting excited but some of the teens in my rotation are starting to transition into YAs. If we don't get the announcement soon, it might have to be my next generation that goes. I figure that there will probably be online course options for the sims who could not wait to grow up.

The astronaut's kids are driving him crazy so some of them need to start growing up.

I played TS2 University but not TS3.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    yes
    Very excited for this one. I love the sound of the features from the last leak. Looks like it's fitting my bill, at the very least :)
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    other
    Whelp, now that I've seen the leak...

I'm still indifferent. I think I'm going to need to see some long term (not just one quick livestream from Maxis showing it off) game-play both actively at University and with systems that have University installed but aren't directly using that world before I decide if it's for me.

I mean, the education career perked my ears a bit, but that's because I come from a long line of teachers, and am friends with several more.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    yes
    I''m excited for the upcoming reveal trailer.
  • mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    yes
    I play university all the time when I play Sims 3. I can't wait to see what is in it. Lately, I have been waiting to buy games. Cats & Dogs was the last pre-order for me. But my money can be pried from my hand if they wow me! Please...please... wow me!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    yes
    mctsimmer wrote: »
    I play university all the time when I play Sims 3. I can't wait to see what is in it. Lately, I have been waiting to buy games. Cats & Dogs was the last pre-order for me. But my money can be pried from my hand if they wow me! Please...please... wow me!

This reminds me I need to buy 2 $20 EA cash cards so I can pay for this pack out of my EA Wallet on Origin. I will be preordering as soon as preorders go up which will probably be Tuesday.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    other
    I am excited, but cautiously so. I'd like there to be actual SUBSTANTIAL gameplay, not just "here's pretty things you can look at!", and not just geared to YA as if they were the only sims in the game. I expect some stuff for kids and teens to do in a schooling pack. And I'd like some new lot types. But I'm not going to let my hopes get high.
  • fruitsmisfruitsmis Posts: 82 Member
    yes
    Yes, I am excited for university. However, I feel like they have big shoes to fill especially in regards the previous versions of this expansion - specifically TS2...
    So I am excited, but i'm a cautious excited...
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    other
    I want to be excited. But all info we have on hands for now make me being disappointed instead.

I really do not like all the visuals available to us. Especially that one screen which is a placeholder on YT right now. I do not see anything standing out on those visuals (except the hood background which is well... basically a pretty decoration). So far I hate all new assets which can be seen - both hairs, clothes and furniture.

But I still have plans for many teens in my rotational play to "discover" Uni. Need to see the real trailer and Q&A/more detailed features description to plan it further. The lesson I was thought this year never to be hyped from trailers/looks of the pack.