Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for University Nov 15th?

Comments

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    yes
    Absolutely! I just hope it's true and I'm not getting my hopes up :#
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    no
    Not really.

I haven't been a fan of all the University packs before, and knowing this will be The Sims 4's version of it, it will most likely be another shallow quickly thrown together pack, so even worse.

I am happy for people who want it though, but really, don't up your expectations, because there are going to be various 'trade-offs' and omissions again - The Sims 4 style.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    other
    As I never enjoyed playing uni on sims 3 due to it being so buggy and slow it’s a pack I’m not too fussed about until I know more information about it. It will probably be one I might look at getting on sale. I would be more interested if it updated the schools and education for children and teens. However I am happy for those who have been waiting years for the pack.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    yes
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    adamzaid wrote: »
    i am BEYOND hyped and i seriously hope this doesn't disappoint cuz tbh till now this year has been meh for dlc. dont get me wrong tho island living and realm of magic are very good packs but they're just clearly rushed with all the empty builds and missing stuff in homes so i hope they make thier builds looks better this time

I agree that they darn well better fully furnish that university, because although I've accepted furnishing HQ - because I loooove magic stuff - I don't think I'll be in the mood to furnish an entire university for them... :/

agreed XD
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    other
    Only with the so-called 'trade-offs and omissions'. If it's like S3 or S2 university, I might buy it on sale for the BB and CAS. If it's less middle-class American-centred than previous university packs and includes (or the pre-patch includes) new education options for kids and teens, then you've got my attention.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    other
    LexiBai wrote: »
    University has been confirmed to be coming out Nov 15th right on time in the 4th business quarter, I'm so excited I really hope they put as much effort into this expansion as they did for seasons and dogs and cats, because they have a lot to live up too. Are you excited and what do you expect from this expansion?

Where did this info come from Twitter? This caught me by surprise. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    LexiBai wrote: »
    University has been confirmed to be coming out Nov 15th right on time in the 4th business quarter, I'm so excited I really hope they put as much effort into this expansion as they did for seasons and dogs and cats, because they have a lot to live up too. Are you excited and what do you expect from this expansion?

Where did this info come from Twitter? This caught me by surprise. :)

You should watch this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyA6GTCH64
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    other
    I am holding reservation until more info comes out being with most of the packs I was let down looking at you CL.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    other
    Undecided, Uni was great in TS2, but the weakest pack in TS3.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2019
    other
    It's just speculative at the moment but it hasn't been one of my favourite packs to have in the past. It depends what Maxis makes of it. It would be good if we could have or make courses based on the packs we have like medicine, science, astronomy, conservation even magic etc., that would be of use in those careers in game.
    yes
    Undecided, Uni was great in TS2, but the weakest pack in TS3.

weakest?! imo sims 3 univesity is one of the beefier packs in the sims 3 it just contains so much
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other
    Simburian wrote: »
    It's just speculative at the moment but it hasn't been one of my favourite packs to have in the past. It depends what Maxis makes of it. It would be good if we could have or make courses based on the packs we have like medicine, science, astronomy, conservation even magic etc., that would be of use in those careers in game.

I totally agree <3 customizable university courses would be so cool!! I don't think it will happen because they'd have to make enough new stuff for those that don't have all the packs, but also a lot of stuff for existing packs to make the feature worthwhile, but it would be such an amazing tool :love:
    yes
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »

I totally agree <3 customizable university courses would be so cool!! I don't think it will happen because they'd have to make enough new stuff for those that don't have all the packs, but also a lot of stuff for existing packs to make the feature worthwhile, but it would be such an amazing tool :love:

maybe they will add some features to the clubs from get together? like maybe make study clubs or a crazy party club that goes streaking everywhere around campus XD
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    no
    Not really. I have 0 hope that this EP will be any better than TS3 and TS2 University packs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    yes
    that would be awsome i need a reason to play with clubs again from that pack so i hope they add that
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yes
    I'm interested I really hope it has half of the key features I'm looking for everything else can be worked out

Basically School customization: School name, School colors, School mascot, School/Community idolized sport
    Active Academic Career.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    yes
    It'll be cool to have. Plus I buy everything that comes out anyway for the new items for CAS and BB.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    no
    It was never my point of interest although I will still buy it. I'm so disappointed its yet again adult focused because I love playing all ages but they literally don't give them anything to do. Plus being homeschooled it was always my dream to attend and experience highschool when I was teen so that dream kind of stuck with me. I could be wrong but I think highschool is more of a unique experience compared to university.
    But either way I hope it's a good pack and I'm happy I don't have to hear people shouting university anymore lol. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ofDDofDD Posts: 28 Member
    yes
    I have been waiting ages for this ep :)<3
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    yes
    Truthfully, I'm mainly ready for it so we don't get an announcement for something else and then everyone screaming "bUt MuH uNiVeRsItY!!!!" at every turn.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    other
    I just really, really, really, really, really hope this is finally a University pack that I want to play through the experience more than once. I'm ready for that. Especially having just returned to university (part-time) myself.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    yes
    Witches and University were all I really wanted from the Sims 4. This year is turning out to be a good year for me, lol.

However, if I've learned anything from the last few packs, it's that I have to lower my expectations. Like, underground low.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    yes
    I do care and a little bit excited for this pack though, each packs always comes with dozens of bugs, and that's something.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    no
    It is never a pack I use much, as I very much disliked my short time at uni, and jsut don't find it fun to play, either.
    I'll be SUPER happy to see the begging for uni stop, however. I'm over seeing University mentioned constantly, so to finally have it will be nice.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    no
    They need to fix the game first. Don't get me started. My Sims take many hours to eat. I have to cancel the eating action and click the plate telling them to eat repeatedly before they finish. It's the most annoying but there is much more that needs attention before they patch in new content and break more stuff. My Sim just sits there with the plate in front of them. I have to guide every bite. Send my Sim to spray bugs and she spends hours spraying one plant if I am not watching her. I have to cancel the action and then cue it up for the next plant. My Sim stood in front of the bassinet having a baby for at least a half a day before I had to reset her. Then the game forgot she was pregnant so I had to use a mod to force her to have the baby. I have done everything. I have repaired, cleaned several caches and everything suggested. Even got a new computer. I still have the same lag problems. No cc and only a couple of mods. Lag is there with or without mods. I tested it! There is so much stuff that needs attention before new content. I would much rather have a game that works then new content at this time. I want them to take time to release quality content that does not break more stuff. I mean look how long it took them to fix vampires and dine out is still broken not to mention what the last patch broke.