Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what month do you think Expansion Pack 8 will be announced and released?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited September 2019
    Get Famous was announced Tuesday October 9, 2018 and released Friday November 16, 2018.

If "Discover University" will be released Friday November 15, 2019, then hopefully it will be announced Tuesday October 8, 2019, maybe "teased" the day before on twitter or something.

** ETA: But doing more research, I see that EA's announce/release schedule is inconsistent. Seasons was announced just 4 weeks before its release and Island Living was announced only two weeks in advance. So it could be a long time until we hear the University announcement.

P.S. Cats and Dogs took sigh 11 weeks to release after it was announced at Gamescon. I'm glad I didn't play back then. That would have been excruciating.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    HCSau wrote: »
    Based on the date of November 15th being the release, I have been thinking mid-October at the very earliest. It's nearly the end September now, so maybe 3 or 4 more weeks and we'll get the announcement.
    I really want to believe it's University at this point, but I can't let myself go there until it is announced.

Same Mid October Announcement and Trailer that's 2 weeks from now.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I agree, I also expect an announcement mid October, if we’re lucky even next week... But we’ll see, especially now they’re dropping support for older systems.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    Get Famous was announced Tuesday October 9, 2018 and released Friday November 16, 2018.

If "Discover University" will be released Friday November 15, 2019, then hopefully it will be announced Tuesday October 8, 2019, maybe "teased" the day before on twitter or something.

** ETA: But doing more research, I see that EA's announce/release schedule is inconsistent. Seasons was announced just 4 weeks before its release and Island Living was announced only two weeks in advance. So it could be a long time until we hear the University announcement.

P.S. Cats and Dogs took sigh 11 weeks to release after it was announced at Gamescon. I'm glad I didn't play back then. That would have been excruciating.

I think those dates sound promising for an announcement. At the latest I see October 15th for the announcement date. I believe Nov 15th release date is probably, well maybe set.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    jadonbakes wrote: »

Seeing the extremely sparse content Island Living had to offer can you imagine them having to spread its content another week they would of had nothing to discuss even 2 weeks seemed a little overboard. Now Seasons had holidays weather the calendar and activities they had enough to discuss each week... so I say if University is only announced two weeks before release instead of a month it will tell us all we need to know about what the pack is truly offering.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I am expecting an announcement for next week or the week after and a release around mid November.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    I think teaser Monday October 7, announcement & trailer Tuesday October 8, for a November 15 release.
    They wont announce on the 15th Oct, as ROM is out on consoles that day. They would never overshadow a console release day with something else.
    Failing that, announcement October 22.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    simmietime wrote: »
    I think teaser Monday October 7, announcement & trailer Tuesday October 8, for a November 15 release.
    They wont announce on the 15th Oct, as ROM is out on consoles that day. They would never overshadow a console release day with something else.
    Failing that, announcement October 22.

This is what I'm hoping for. Got my fingers crossed for the teaser today.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Me too!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited October 2019
    Following recent patterns, if the November 15 release date is accurate then I imagine an announcement around Halloween. Because lately it’s been about 2 weeks between announcements and releases.
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    i think they need some weeks for pre order , i was hope seeing some things today, but its quiet for now
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Following recent patterns, if the November 15 release date is accurate then I imagine an announcement around Halloween. Because lately it’s been about 2 weeks between announcements and releases.

Yeah I agree with it probably being closer to the end of October. Placing my bets on the week of the 24th :D
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    With a minimum of 4 weeks, I would say an announcement on Oct 22 for a release date on Nov 15th
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited October 2019
    @LeGardePourpre I think our predictions may just have been spot on (in my case the week, in yours the day):