Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what month do you think Expansion Pack 8 will be announced and released?

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
My prediction announced in October and released in November.

Comments

• Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I have to agree as of course Christmas means big money
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Announcement around Halloween, release around the end of November or first week of December. Gotta catch the holiday shopping craze :P
    (I'm willing to be proven wrong if something major is happening for the franchise anniversary in January instead though)
  • Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited September 2019
    My prediction announced in October and released in November.

After the surprise that ROM will release in September and not in October I will guess that the expansion should release in November. My only point of question is based on that request from EA by an audio director where his contract lasts four months. In this case I do not understand very well, the expansion will only launch after these four months since EA itself laid as a basis to try to launch the product on its calendar? However, much of the year-end expansions launched between November and December.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m also expecting an announcement in October and a release in early November. Fingers crossed for University, but we’ll never know!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think almost all the late-year EPs were released in November right? And the latest ones were announced a month in advance. So I agree: October announcement with a November release
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I agree, I think we will have a new EP in November. It's prime selling time. I hope it actually is an EP this time and not a GP in disguise, sorry IL, you're beautiful but there's little to you beyond show.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Announced-Oct. Released-Nov
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Agreed with you.
  • Options
    Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    Announced Mid/Late October
    Released Late November
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    If it still releases this year, my bet would be on mid November. Or perhaps early next year, but then they would've most likely released RoM later in the year?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Announced in late October, released in November in time for Black Friday deals.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    November release in time for Christmas sales.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I agree. Announcement October and release mid-late November just like GF was last year.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Yup, that's how it was the last two years I think, though it seems Dogs and Cats was announced even earlier. But the team has indicated they've shortened the time form announcement to release, so October announcement and November announcement seems right. In fact, if I had to pick a date, I'm going with Friday November 15th as the release date, if it's not that it will almost for sure be the 8th of November.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    I predict October 8 announcement (teaser day before), November 15, 2019 release.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2019
    Mid-October
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Since retailers are starting to leak it, I suppose it's gonna be announced really soon, maybe the end of September or beginning of October.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Since it's a series staple I think it will be announced earlier than the month of Nov. (Oct.) Those type packs seem to get a little longer for people to talk about them or find out what's in them.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    If November 15, is correct, they have been announcing packs that will be released a few weeks after. So probably the late October.
  • Options
    SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I think it could be early October as with the bigger packs they sometimes announce or it gets leaked 5-6weeks earlier. They could put out an early teaser and then announce a week later.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I agree.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Announcement in September
    Release in October

Boom.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Announcement in September
    Release in October

Boom.

I wish.
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Based on the date of November 15th being the release, I have been thinking mid-October at the very earliest. It's nearly the end September now, so maybe 3 or 4 more weeks and we'll get the announcement.
    I really want to believe it's University at this point, but I can't let myself go there until it is announced.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Release Nov 15
    Announcement early/mid October, maybe even October 15 since it falls on a Tuesday
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free