The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♪ Muse Cycle 3 ♪ - Winner Announced!

MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
edited January 2020 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
ifCPGwp.png

Welcome back music lovers to Muse Cycle 3!

This cycle we are doing a nature theme, where each title of the song matches something in nature, which includes elements, weather, planets, animals, etc. And even though the title matches nature, the song lyrics might not, so your photos will still have a variety of themes in the end. Other than that, the competition runs as normal. If you're new continue reading to understand how the competition works!

In this competition you will be making photos based on your interpretations of songs, or in other words, what they mean to or inspire in you. Your images can be about the entire meaning of the song, just the feeling (as some will lack singing), just snippets of the lyrics, or any hidden messages you hear. The photos you make must tell the story/idea you were thinking of when making it. This means if you think the song is discussing loss of a mother, your photo should be able to show that with how you made it. You can, however, add an explanation when you submit your photos to help, but the explanation is only meant to help avoid confusion and your photo should still get the main idea across. Also, the majority of the rounds are free-reign with no specific requirements so your imagination can run wild, and there are also no examples in this comp since it is all about listening and imagining. For each assignment I will link to the song and lyrics, and I will try my best to avoid music videos as I want you guys to make edits based on what you think, not what the video is showing (even if some videos have nothing to do with the song).

These songs I choose will either be straightforward or confusing, it just depends on what I choose and how you see things. The genres can range from pop, Vocaloid, rap, jazz, rock, Celtic, fantasy, 90’s, classical, epic, swing, or even techno, anything really, so having a wide taste and appreciation for music will be a good thing. Also, the songs I choose will not be hardcore (so no hardcore rap, screamo, or hardcore metal, etc.), or inappropriate (though some may imply or have a word or two), so that everyone can enjoy the competition, and for future cycles I may do specific eras/genres. Also, please keep in mind that some songs may be sad or even refer to things, like guns, or cheating. I will do my absolute best to give you guys a wide variety of genres, though there are some songs that I’ve been dying to see be interpreted, so some genres may appear more than once, it just depends!

I hope you enjoy this competition, and who knows, maybe you’ll find a new artist you like. ;)

(If you would like to suggest songs, or specific genres/eras for future cycles, please message me!)

Muse Cycle 1
Muse Cycle 2

m8sOLp3.png
General Rules
  • All competitions are hosted on the Official Sims Forums (where Sims competitions originally started), Discord, and Twitter, though Twitter is mostly used to promote and announce updates. You can use or switch between any platform, though let me know if you switch so there’s no confusion. Click for Twitter or Click for Discord
  • Prizes for each competition may differ, but the Final 3 (or more) will always receive a banner/signature for memories and to display their win/placement. Roles will also be given on Discord.
  • Public voting will never be used to determine the winner of a competition.
  • All Sims games can compete, Sims 2, 3, or 4!
  • All editing/competing levels and styles are welcome! Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, No CC, Maxis Match, Alpha, Cartoonish, Realism, etc.
  • Feedback is given in every competition to help you improve, unless otherwise stated. Judges can skip feedback if it causes anxiety/stress or they are busy atm, otherwise feedback will be provided. Contestants can opt out of feedback as well, but this is for the entire competition and not per round. You may change your mind later.
  • Remember that we do not permanently alter the genetics in competitions. Hair color/style is the only exception, everything else is temporary.
  • Sims/models must be of your own creation, unless you have permission from a creator to use theirs. Sims/models may be re-used or new.
  • NO use of human or art body parts, or art abuse, in any competition (aka photoskinning, face/bodyplastering, or simmerizing, etc.). High quality stock/Google hair, objects/accessories, and clothes are fine in the appropriate competition. If you do clothes manipulate them onto the Sims body, not the other way around.
  • NO copying. Each entry should be unique but accidents are normal, even in DM only comps. If you are hesitant to post publicly DM your entries to me, but I promise that copying results in punishment and you have nothing to worry about.
  • NO cheating. This includes having other people edit for you. No one should ever do that for you in any competition, regardless of the excuse or host saying otherwise. These are competitions, meaning you are competing with your talents and creativity, not someone else’s.
  • NO re-using renders/images from previous competitions.
  • Full redo’s/resubmissions are not allowed. One time edits (lighting, shadows, crops, text, etc.) are allowed. Inform me when you do so I can update everything.
  • Extensions need to be asked for at least 8+ hours in advance. Extensions last for 1 day unless you absolutely need more time.
  • Late submissions are accepted if you submit before the judges get back to me, otherwise you will either be eliminated or receive the lowest rank, depending on the competition.
  • If you are traveling/going on vacation, please inform me so I can send you the assignments before you leave. Do not talk about, or send, the assignments you received to other contestants.
  • Please do not drop if you score badly (or in general unless it is a good reason) because you won’t improve by doing that. Each competition offers different challenges that help you grow and quitting early stumps growth. Use the feedback and resources to improve yourself, and don’t get disheartened if you do score badly. Trust me, we've all been there before.
  • If you have questions or concerns, message me!

Competition Info
  • The model in the application you submit is a sim to represent your presence (it does not have to be a simself). You can use different sims for each assignment. Any gender, any size, Teen-Elder. No supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi/etc. sims, and no berry sims.
  • Max of 1 submission/photo per person due to several reasons (mostly because of how judging works).
  • There is no roleplaying or storytelling required in this comp, unless you choose to do so. Explanations for your photos, when submitting, are recommended and may be required depending on the song chosen (such as songs lacking lyrics).
  • The explanations you provide should not be the main way you express your idea. This means that your picture should be able to tell majority of the story without the explanation. The explanation is only meant to clarify and explain why you did what you did.
  • A wide range of music with different themes may be chosen. Please keep this in mind when signing up as we do not want drops just because one or two songs made you uncomfortable for whatever reason.
  • Please do not complain about a song or artist for any reason. We are here to enjoy and interpret music only, not debate or criticize. Feel free to express positive thoughts though.
  • Do not watch the official videos from the artists/companies until after the round, because I want you to interpret the song from your own thoughts, not the videos. Most videos don’t match the song anyways, but the point still stands.
  • CC is allowed and recommended, but not required.
  • Editing is optional, but recommended. You are allowed to draw for this comp.
  • High quality Google/stock clothing, hair and accessories are fine. Remember, no human or artwork body parts, manipulate the clothes onto the sim, etc.
  • Assignments will be 7 days long, or more, depending on the song. New rounds will be posted as soon as scoring starts, or once majority turn in.
  • This is a cumulative competition with no eliminations, and there will only be 10 rounds for this competition. Final Top 5 receive winning signatures and everyone else gets a participant signature.
  • Please see the Scoring section (forum) and/or #results channel (Discord) for information on judging/ranking, rank value, and tips.
iZigomU.png
QcQ9Q33.png

Not Checked In

Checked In

Assignment Submitted
WillMal13
@Spudders_86
@MyFavoritedesign
@Melusine377
@abelhinha35

Giveaway Details
(This giveaway is not affiliated with EA.)

Entering Muse Cycle 3 is required to enter the giveaway, but please avoid dropping at all costs. If you are arriving late and reading this, you are allowed to join after we start, but you'll miss out on the round tickets you missed (Up to Round/Assignment 3, after that signups are closed permanently). Based on the poll results (45% vs 55%), people would prefer a raffle system so we will be going with that. I know raffles are new to competitions so please bear with me as we test this.

Entries/Tickets:
  • By entering you automatically receive 1 ticket/entry into the competition.
  • Every round you submit your assignment is 1 ticket/entry (11 total by end of competition by just joining and submitting).
  • At the end of the competition I will post a question with the finale round. Answering is optional. Submitting an answer is 1 ticket/entry, and being correct is another (1) ticket/entry.
If you do all of the above that is a total of 13 tickets/entries for the raffle.

I was originally going to add more like for Top 3, first place, etc., but we'll keep this simple and more fair by only offering the above. After the giveaway and competition please feel free to post opinions/suggestions on the process, etc.

If you win you have a budget of $40 USD. This is enough for 1 Expansion Pack, or mix and match between Stuff and Game Packs. So that means you can choose 2 Game Packs (20+20), a Game and 2 Stuff packs (20+10+10), or 4 Stuff Packs (10+10+10+10). If you win and don't use all the allotted money, I'll choose a second person through a second raffle, with the same tickets, to receive the rest of it. You may choose any pack, including ROM and the upcoming EP at the end of the year that we still know nothing about, but please keep in mind that you have to wait for that EP since it obviously hasn't released yet. If you are Sims 3 you may buy anything up to $40 as well, AND you have the choice of stuff from the Sims 3 store up to 3001 points (I have these leftover from winning a Sims Survivor comp long ago, lol). I don't believe there is anything I can do for Sims 2.

You can choose PC/Mac, or Xbox/PS4 for those who play on both.

If you do not win please do not be upset. The main purpose of Muse is to have fun of course, not just for the giveaway! I may run more in the future, we'll see. Also, please do not attack me or the person who wins. I doubt that will happen, but putting it here regardless.

And very obviously, please do not cheat for first place (even though it doesn't effect the raffle) or on the question.

r6n5DKr.png
(Names are in order from left to right.)
MissNad19 @KildareFaerlynn @themelonic @MizoreYukii @Jendowoz0612 Lunalaxy basicallybex
4jYBqli.png
Post edited by MizoreYukii on

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited December 2019
    TXTiMJu.png
    And now, you've reached the end of your journey. You are now part of the universe, and it's time to answer the question:
    What happened on your journey?/What was your journey about?
    (Note: This is your optional finale question I mentioned for the giveaway. Think about each song and give details. Correct, and depending on how semi-correct, will get an extra ticket for the raffle. Good luck! I'll go over the giveaway again once the comp ends.)

This is one of my favorite songs ever. I hope you enjoy this song, and enjoyed the others!

Due date: 1/02 - Timer

Lyrics

https://youtu.be/h3lWwMHFhnA

bSceTuT.png
    This competition uses a ranking system, as I didn’t feel that it was fair to score these with a rubric when this was based on creative interpretation. The ranking system works like the other comps, in that points are assigned to each rank and added up at the end to determine placement.

Feedback is optional on your end, and also on the judges end. So, if you don’t want feedback for whatever reason, say so, and the judges will skip your comments every round. Otherwise everyone will receive feedback from us as normal, unless a judge is skipping a round. Feedback includes the usual pros/cons, how to improve editing, and how better to go about executing an idea. We will keep them short to make judging faster.

When judging, the judges must consider these (in order):
    1. Creativity
    2. Relevance/Story
    3. Quality & Composition
    4. Judge’s Preference (to act as a tie breaker)
    How Creative you are is the most important aspect of this competition. Next, Relevance/Story, is just to make sure you are being inspired by the song itself. Judges are only to look for a small relevance, and this can be as small as a single line of lyrics. We also consider how well we can understand your story from just the image itself, and use your submitted explanation to help guide us if we are confused. We then consider your Quality and Composition. Like most comps we will not be looking at game quality, just editing quality and how the image looks overall. Finally, the judges consider their Preference as sometimes we get stuck on who to place where when tied or unsure.

They then rank the images based on everything above, putting names in order. Each rank equals a certain amount of points, and the rank and point value differs depending on how many contestants we have.
    Ranking
    1. 20 (or higher) points
    2. 18 points
    3. 16 points
    4. 14 points
    5. 12 points
    6. 10 points
    7. And so on
    If you miss a round, you receive the lowest amount of points for that round. That means if we have 6 contestants and one doesn't submit, the lowest rank is 5. That means the one who didn't submit receives the same rank as whoever got rank 5, meaning they both got 12 points instead of 10. Hopefully that made sense, but if not, ask questions. This keeps people from being completely out of the race compared to receiving a zero for not submitting. Speaking of which, don't worry about your scores and lagging behind. I've seen people who didn't do well the first few rounds catch up later, and I've seen people average the entire comp, only to be in the Top 5 later. Just enjoy the comp and don't worry about scores!

I will also be posting scorecards so people can see how judging is going, but I will not reveal total points, etc. until we get to the final 3 as I feel that stresses everyone.

Tips:
    • Be creative! If your sim is just standing there staring at the camera when the song is about devoted love, etc., you will not do well. Make sure your image tells a story.
    • This is not a regular modeling/fashion competition. Don’t worry about how fashionable the model is, don’t focus on editorial poses, etc. Go for poses that actually express your idea and dress them appropriately for the situation.
    • If you feel your image starts to become confusing and/or unrelated, provide an explanation as a just in case. The last thing you want to do is get the judges confused and not have an explanation to help guide them. Do not rely on your explanation to get the story across though.
    • Quality is not a large focus in this comp, but that does not mean you should forego quality. This means you should still do your best to fix edges, lighting, etc., but it is a small focus when judging.
    In other words, as long as you are creative and execute the ideas semi-well when doing your interpretations, you should do well in this comp. I hope that helps alleviates some fears for people and they join this competition, because you never know what may happen. In fact, we had several milestones in our first cycle, with @TEXASTWANGTONYA winning her first competition and @NShippudenFan winning her first round/assignment, and another milestone in the second cycle with @Movotti winning his first competition. So, if you’ve never won a competition before, this may be your chance! ;)
    edited January 2020
    sPnXfNc.png
    Round 10 Entries
    MyFavoritedesign (Angela)
    uBJanqN.jpg
    Explanation
    You taught me the courage of stars before you left.
    How light carries on endlessly, even after death.
    With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite.
    How rare and beautiful it is to even exist.
    Beloved wife and the best mom will always be in their hearts. <3

Melusine377
    AUfNZsh.png
    Explanation
    I’d give anything to hear
    You say it one more time,
    That the universe was made
    Just to be seen by my eyes.

I send a light towards the stars to guide you on your journey.
    You taught me to be brave, to be strong to grow.
    Through battles and triumphs you were my rock.
    But now, despite the heartache, I must let you go.

Spudders_86
    7rPe76j.jpg
    Explanation

It's the end of the road for our lovely Lillian.
    It has been an emotional ride of fire and ice, of love and hate.
    She can now rest in peace up in the stars <3

abelhinha35
    Mpv9EqK.png
    Explanation
    With shortness of breath, you explained the infinite.
    How rare and beautiful it is to even exist.

WillMal13
    Final_edited.jpg?width=946&height=676
    Explanation
    "You taught me the courage of stars before you left
    How light carries on endlessly even after death.
    ...With shortness of breath, I'll explain the infinite
    How rare and beautiful it truly is that we exist."

My interpretation to what the artist said the song is about, "It’s very much a song about losing someone close and deeply loved, but it’s about the good they left behind in our lives and how to reflect that in your relationships in front of you."

About the edit: The father watches on as his daughter plays with her daughter the same way he used to do with her her. You never know how important something or someone is until its/their gone.
    edited January 2020
    bnoV5A1.png
    Congrats to our round winner and our overall winner, and everyone on their placements! You will find your signatures under the list of scores. We had close scores for first and third place!

The answer to the optional finale question wasn't meant to be a deep thought process or about your own journey, it was to see if you could recognize the story pattern of the songs, aka the journey. Each song's title, and somewhat theme/lyrics, was telling a story about nature's birth, life, and death. Anything along these lines would have been considered as correct, even if some had a slightly deeper meaning than the rest.
    • Butterfly - Birth
    • The Jungle – Surviving this world
    • Earth – The earth is changing/the source of life
    • The Lightning Strike – A terrible storm
    • Wildfire – Fire caused by a lightning strike
    • The River – The river, though not that safe, is the only safe spot and helps put out the fire (flooding from storm)
    • Bones – All that's left is bones
    • Blossom - Life begins to blossom again
    • Lion – Now new life is stronger and fiercer than before
    • Saturn - The ending of (any) life again, and "How rare and beautiful it is to even exist" after such trials
    So yeah, anything close to that would have been considered correct. I actually didn't plan the story, I only realized after setting up the competition that the song titles and themes fell into place, which I thought was pretty cool, so I decided to see if anyone else could see the story weaving in front of them.

Anyways, thank you for entering the competition, and I hope you all enjoyed it and weren't put off by some pauses in the competition. They normally run smoothly but this was the first time I ran a comp while busy with modding, a baby, and over 7 judges.

Round 1
    Rank 1
    abelhinha35
    Mpv9EqK.png

Mizzie – Hmmm, I’m not quite sure why they are dancing, or what the story is focusing on? I think, from my best guess, it's a memory of them dancing and she is reflecting on it. It’s a beautiful photo though, very vibrant, and don’t see any errors!

Jen – This is a truly beautiful shot and tells the story well. I love the misty borders, the face shot with tears and how she is trying to reach out and grasp at a past life. Even though she is in the background, those lyrics could be related to either one of them passing on, so wasn’t as clear in meaning as some of the others, but it covered the lyrics well and that is all that matters. It would have been nice too, to see them in a more touching moment while remembering one or the other.

Rank 2
    uBJanqN.jpg

Mizzie - So beautiful! Your presentation was done well, as well as most of your blending. The dad’s arms are very….mismatched? Like I see some blending applied to the right arm but in comparison to the left arm, which is saturated in colors, it looks very odd. Based on your lighting (and real lighting) on other parts of the body there shouldn’t be much color change on the side facing us. Also, love that it seems like he is singing the song to her!

Jen – I love this shot it suits the song so well, and to see his love and the mother of his daughter coming out almost animating without them noticing is lovely. Sad but leaving such a beautiful daughter behind with her father really sets up this shot for the lyrics to the song.

Rank 3
    Spudders_86
    7rPe76j.jpg

Mizzie - I’m going to miss seeing your work in this competition and the creativity they bring! Other than the age difference between her soul and her body that threw me off at first, I feel like you nailed the emotional and story side. You can tell what’s going on and you can feel the pain as she moves on, but wants to stay.

Jen – This interprets the lyrics well and tells a great story with just the picture and no explanation. I love the way your shots always tell a story and you can read so much into each one of them, great job!

Rank 4
    WillMal13
    Final_edited.jpg?width=946&height=676

Mizzie - Awww, so sad and cute! I knew what was going on without looking at your description, though I do wish the thought bubble wasn’t so prominent, and instead maybe a fading image in the corner could appear, kinda like how they do so in some movies/shows. Great job though!

Jen – Your image tells a clear story of what is happening in this song, and I didn’t even need to look at the explanation to know the story behind the shot and how it relates to the lyrics. I love the expression on the mum’s face and the heart-felt pose of the ghost of the little girl’s father and mum’s partner. All round it was a great shot!

Rank 5
    Melusine377
    AUfNZsh.png

Mizzie - She looks gorgeous in this shot, and I love the paper lantern she’s sending off and the meaning behind it. The lowered hand looks stiff, but I believe you’re using a dance pose, right? Creative use for it though! My main complaint is that the image is sooo small. Try to avoid doing that in competitions!

Jen – I like the idea of this shot how she is sending a light to guide her love to wherever and to explain how this is a way to also say goodbye and let go of the parting is nice. I would have liked to see perhaps a figure of the partner in the stars, looking down on her or something similar because without your explanation it was a bit tricky to read the wonderful meaning behind your shot.

Round Scorecard
    8wVRZhN.png

Overall Ranks & Signatures
    First place with a total score of 1234:
    Second place with a total score of 1192:
    Third place with a total score of 1086:
    Fourth place with a total score of 1048:
    WillMal13
    unWsuAF.png

Fifth place with a total score of 892:
    Total Competition Scorecard
    pFUupcK.png
    edited November 2019
    TAghqtj.png
    Assignment 1
    HQmFgzn.png
    I'm so excited for this comp I already have a Cycle 4 almost finished! :joy: We're going to start this season out with an easy song as usual, and it matches our new banner theme too. I can't wait to see what you guys submit and how this competitions goes. Enjoy the song and have fun!

Lyrics
    Sweet is the sound of my new-formed wings
    I stretch them open and let them dry
    I haven't seen this world before
    But I'm excused, I'm a butterfly

Sweet is the touch of your newborn wings
    We fly in circles and play with the sun
    We haven't seen this world before
    So fair, so bright, so blue the sky

Love me, love me on the leaves
    Before we say goodbye
    Love me, kiss me with the breeze
    You will be my lullaby
    Tomorrow I'll die
    Tomorrow I'll die
    Tomorrow I'll die
    You'll be my lullaby

Kiss me with the breeze
    Kiss me with the breeze
    Kiss me with the breeze
    Love me, love me

Before we say goodbye
    You'll be me lullaby

Tomorrow I'll die

Sweet is the wind as it gently blows
    The day away, and the nighttime comes
    Great are the wonders that silence shows
    I fall asleep, and I dream of the sun
    And my butterfly
    https://youtu.be/gmc9Tp3m0fs

Photos
    sPnXfNc.png
    Round 1 Entries
    HOnSztg.jpg
    Explanation
    Before we say goodbye

Melusine377
    7DksPUc.png
    Explanation
    None

Spudders_86
    IE3sxYX.png
    Explanation
    None

abelhinha35
    86gL7vb.jpg
    Explanation

Entering the world from her cocoon, the butterfly is celebrating her new wings in the sun and the wind.

WillMal13
    Butterfly_edited.jpg
    Explanation
    None

Penguinwa101
    pXkU0Tq.jpg
    Explanation
    the 3 verse parts I really were inspired by were these

"Sweet is the touch of your newborn wings
    We fly in circles and play with the sun"

With this I knew my idea had to incorporate a faerie or pixie type creature

"Love me, love me on the leaves
    Before we say goodbye
    You will be my lullaby"

the word breeze and leaves stuck to me here and I wanted to blend leaves as a prop or add to the edit, also with the word lullaby I was at first thinking of making it a night scene UNTIL I saw and heard the last verse.

"Sweet is the wind as it gently blows
    Great are the wonders that silence shows
    I fall asleep, and I dream of the sun
    And my butterfly"

THIS is when I knew I had to play with the idea of the time of day being dusk/sunset and warm tones. "day away, and the nighttime comes" really pointed me to have the sunset backdrop and " I dream of the sun
    And my butterfly" empathized to me that it would be good to play with warm tones and ALSO the wings of my faerie/pixie should be based in butterfly/moth territory.

In summary: the edit I saw in my head was this fall pixie/fairy that whisks people to sleep with her leaves; set in warm gold, red and orange tones.

PastelPixels
    09-09-19_1-15-31_PM.png
    Explanation

Scores
    Joint Rank 1
    Spudders_86
    IE3sxYX.png

abelhinha35
    86gL7vb.jpg

Rank 2
    Penguinwa101
    pXkU0Tq.jpg

Rank 3
    HOnSztg.jpg

Rank 4
    WillMal13
    Butterfly_edited.jpg

Rank 5
    PastelPixels
    09-09-19_1-15-31_PM.png

Rank 6
    Melusine377
    7DksPUc.png

Round 1 Scorecard
    lZmpqUN.png

Assignment 2
    rDn41zC.png
    Awesome round, now on to A2!! Let's see if you can survive the jungle next, it's certainly not a friendly place. 🌴

Lyrics

https://youtu.be/5dxHTn-F2jk

Photos
    Round 2 Entries
    JBQ1DcN.jpg
    Explanation
    Oh we’re here in the jungle
    Running right into the fire
    Who’s gonna make it out alive?

Melusine377
    QLfFlal.jpg
    Explanation

Spudders_86
    Y9x46sn.png
    Explanation
    Legends are made from the fire
    Tell me who’s gonna make it out alive?

Lillian was abandoned in the jungle with only a fire to keep her warm.
    Many years later and she is now a legend among the panthers of the jungle

abelhinha35
    AvFJYsp.jpg
    Explanation
    So faded, I ain’t gonna lie
    Waking up the wolf inside
    Tearing at me like a samurai

Interpretation:
    With the constant struggle and fighting for survival, brings out the wolf, (anger/violence), inside

WillMal13
    Samurai_edited.jpg
    Explanation
    "...Waking up The Wolf inside, tearing at me like a samurai
    Oh we're here in the jungle, running right into the fire
    Oh we're here in the jungle. Who's gonna make it out alive
    Oh we're here in the jungle, legends are made from the fire
    Yeah this mountain gonna rumble. Tell me who's gonna make it out alive..."

Penguinwa101
    57ynliW.png
    Explanation
    Running right into the fire

PastelPixels
    in_the_jungle.jpg
    Explanation
    "Running right into the fire
    Who’s gonna make it out alive?"

Scores
    Rank 1
    JBQ1DcN.jpg

Rank 2
    abelhinha35
    AvFJYsp.jpg

Rank 3
    Spudders_86
    Y9x46sn.png

Rank 4
    Melusine377
    QLfFlal.jpg

Rank 5
    PastelPixels
    in_the_jungle.jpg

Rank 6
    WillMal13
    Samurai_edited.jpg

Rank 7
    Penguinwa101
    57ynliW.png

Round 2 Scorecard
    m8ghDwC.png

Assignment 3
    cc0gOjJ.png
    Each round just keeps getting better, fantastic work everyone! Next is Earth. We don't really deserve it, do we? 🌎

Lyrics

https://youtu.be/JYG3svfvJ_I

Photos
    TZ3OAQX.jpg
    Explanation
    Baby, behave, we'll make it work
    Are you with me?
    Baby, behave, we'll make it work
    Do you love me?

Melusine377
    cpKJWxy.png
    Explanation
    Stop this right away
    Put that down and clean this mess up

Spudders_86
    H10EN4i.png
    Explanation
    Stop this right away
    End of conversation
    Put your back in it and make it up to me now

Mother Nature (Lillian) has had enough of what her children (humans) have done to her beloved planet
    Will she forgive them if the clean up their mess or will she take out her fury on them?

abelhinha35
    2Hhrp9p.png
    Explanation
    These Legoland empires choking out mine
    Now you're everywhere, everywhere multiplying around me, child
    A strain on my heart
    This rock can't tolerate any more

WillMal13
    pollution_edited.jpg
    Explanation
    "Stop this right away
    End of conversation
    Put your back in it and make it up to me now"

I was inspired by the chorus to show Mother Nature angry at "the world" for not taking better care of Earth. The couple in the render represents the world. they're only paying attention to each other and what's currently on TV, that if they took a sec to look out the window they would see the smog in the air.

Penguinwa101
    6IERY8Z.jpg
    Explanation
    the part of the song that really spoke out to me was this:

"The cold shoulder, folded arms, the looking up
    You've never listened and carry on careless regardless
    This is not a fire drill and if we hold any hope
    It's harmonic connection, in stereo symbiosis

These Legoland empires choking out mine
    Now you're everywhere, everywhere multiplying around me, child
    A strain on my heart
    This rock can't tolerate any more"

I really wanted to convey the sadness of the Earth while she sits there and the people of her world pump toxins and pollution on her. I really wanted a powerful image that spoke also of climate change and pollution

Scores
    Rank 1
    TZ3OAQX.jpg

Rank 2
    abelhinha35
    2Hhrp9p.png

Rank 3
    Penguinwa101
    6IERY8Z.jpg

Rank 4
    Spudders_86
    H10EN4i.png

Rank 5
    Melusine377
    cpKJWxy.png

Rank 6
    WillMal13
    pollution_edited.jpg

Round Scorecard
    8PUOT39.png

Assignment 4
    P9fvd0M.png
    The lightning has struck, let's see how you handle it! ⚡

Lyrics (Only Part 1)

https://youtu.be/GyhhacWJkXg

Photos
    c9OWZHh.jpg
    Explanation
    A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning
    Sets you off against the planet's last dance

I want to see you as you are now
    Every single day that I am living
    Painted in flames, all peeling thunder
    Be the lightning in me that strikes relentless

Melusine377
    bobjwUG.png
    Explanation
    What if this storm ends and I don't see you
    As you are now, ever again?

Interpretation (well, a little story to go with):

As we ran from this new threat, I saw the strength in his eyes waver and fear creep in like a dark fog.
    I pulled him close and touched his ragged, weather-worn face. Reassuring him that no matter what we faced we could beat it together.
    We thought the storms were over.
    We were wrong.

Spudders_86
    8SxdqaW.png
    Explanation
    Just for a minute, the silver forked sky
    Lifts you up like a star that I will follow
    And now it's found us like I have found you
    I don't want to run, just overwhelm me

Interpretation:
    They met in the middle of the worst storm they had ever witnessed.
    With their emotions overwhelmed by the weather they found love in the eye of the storm.
    But will it last.....?

abelhinha35
    W8f50o8.png
    Explanation
    What if this storm ends and I don't see you

Interpretation:
    Inside a cosy shelter, protected from the storm. They only have each and he never wants this moment to end.

WillMal13
    Lightning_strike_edited.jpg
    Explanation
    "What if this storm ends and leaves us nothing
    Except a memory?....
    ....What if this storm ends and I don't see you
    A perfect halo of gold hair and lightning...."

Picture this: You have a big fight with the one you love and as you head home a storm starts to brew. You get inside and dry off just as the storm starts to pick up. You stand there staring out the window watching the lightning strike. You start to regret everything you said to her/him and wish you could take it back. So you place your hand on the window and start to think; What if this storm ends and you can't take back what you said, "What if this storm ends and leaves us nothing except a memory?"
    This is the story I thought about every time I listened to this song.

Scores
    Round 1
    Rank 1
    c9OWZHh.jpg

Rank 2
    abelhinha35
    W8f50o8.png

Rank 3
    WillMal13
    Lightning_strike_edited.jpg

Rank 4
    Spudders_86
    8SxdqaW.png

Rank 5
    Melusine377
    bobjwUG.png

Round Scorecard
    FKwfhQp.png

Assignment 5
    Ke86Sv8.png
    Unfortunately, for some of you, your main focus in A2 was fire, so let's see if you can spin this creatively now that we are actually doing fire. :tongue: And reminding you to listen to, and take apart, the lyrics. You don't have to take them literally, if that helps bring in new ideas. Anyways, let's see how well you handle the fire. 🔥

Lyrics

https://youtu.be/cRgPj35FZS4

Photos
    e1MzKy4.jpg
    Explanation
    I'm blinded by these flashing lights
    But I'm a pyromaniac
    And your veins are full of gas
    You're burning higher, higher
    I'm storming this wildfire

Melusine377
    Ts2zBcx.png
    Explanation
    Strike a match and watch it burn
    I'll set the world ablaze
    Since it's this game that you play
    Fuel the flames of the pyre
    And I will burn higher, burn brighter
    Fight fire with fire

Spudders_86
    vVxnKnK.png
    Explanation
    Strike a match and watch it burn
    I'll set the world ablaze
    Since it's this game that you play
    Fuel the flames of the pyre
    And I will burn higher, burn brighter
    Fight fire with fire

abelhinha35
    gjeXfWK.png
    Explanation
    My lungs are failing from inhaling
    All the charcoal from this circle
    Of the hate and the lies

My interpretation: She can't escape the circle of fire from his continuous abusive of hate and lies.

WillMal13
    10-17-19_3-32-08_AM_edited.jpg
    Explanation
    "God, how dare you
    It's unfair you
    Deny, ignite and
    Close your eyes

You think by now
    That I would have learned
    Not to play with fire
    If I don't wanna get burned"
    I was inspired by these two verses because to me this sounds like a relationship where you love the person so much that you can't see that they're hurting you. So in this picture that's what I was going for. She's standing with her back against the wall trying to raise above and not think about what is happening behind her. She wonders why she puts herself though this, but then realizes that she's engaged to him and loves him to much to let him go.

Scores
    Rank 1
    e1MzKy4.jpg

Rank 2
    abelhinha35
    gjeXfWK.png

Rank 3
    WillMal13
    10-17-19_3-32-08_AM_edited.jpg

Rank 4
    Melusine377
    Ts2zBcx.png

Rank 5
    Spudders_86
    vVxnKnK.png

Round Scorecard
    BhORifU.png
    edited December 2019
    TAghqtj.png
    Assignment 6
    O7azskE.png
    Time to put out that fire with some water from the river! 🌊

Lyrics

https://youtu.be/wndAt6orTRE

Photos
    BTegC5l.jpg
    Explanation
    Oh my lord take this soul
    Lay me at the bottom of the river
    The devil has come to carry me home
    Lay me at the bottom
    The bottom of the river

Melusine377
    jgTZpOd.png
    Explanation
    Oh my lord take this soul

Spudders_86
    UpZNy5I.png
    Explanation
    Hear my woe
    There's blood upon the valley
    Deliver me from worry
    The devils hand is gonna strike me down
    Gut me to my grave

abelhinha35
    IUaT66x.png
    Explanation
    Oh my lord
    Take this soul
    Lay me at the bottom
    The bottom of the river

[Verse 1]
    Oh my lord
    Take this hand
    Save me from the gallows
    Hear this news
    Bear my gold
    Lay me in the shallows
    Evil comes if you call my name
    The wicked, they shall rise
    The river sand's gonna wash me clean
    The river don't run dry

These two verses are self explanatory :)

WillMal13
    The_river_edited.png
    Explanation
    "Oh my lord
    Take this soul
    Lay me at the bottom
    The bottom of the river..."

"...Deliver me from worry
    The devils hand is gonna strike me down
    Gut me to my grave..."

She's floating in the river as the heavenly rays take her soul and the devil's hands come up from the bottom of the river to drag her down.

Scores
    Round 1
    Rank 1
    abelhinha35
    IUaT66x.png

Rank 2
    BTegC5l.jpg

Rank 3
    WillMal13
    The_river_edited.png

Rank 4
    Spudders_86
    UpZNy5I.png

Rank 5
    Melusine377
    jgTZpOd.png

Round Scorecard
    5tl95iG.png

Assignment 7
    MKdQjAU.png
    Now all that's left is bones. ☠️

Lyrics

https://youtu.be/OeFGfSCiV_0

Photos
    ZGoPkZ5.jpg
    Explanation
    You took the bones of a Tyrannosaurus Rex
    And said that it was human
    Now it's needlessly complex

Melusine377
    cnECuF0.png
    Explanation
    Sometimes they find whole skeletons
    Dug up from down below

The world is a museum filled with meaningless exhibits
    And every gallery and hall is bustling with plum

Spudders_86
    Yk6caBC.jpg
    Explanation
    "They're so set on what they want
    The bones aren't put where they belong
    They go and put it on display
    And say they're anything but wrong"

Lillian fell for the bad boy, hard!!!
    She was wrong to fall for him and now he is trapped within this cult of Bones!!!!!

abelhinha35
    leuKKtR.png
    Explanation
    The world is a museum filled with meaningless exhibits
    And every gallery and hall is bustling with plum
    You think you're so logical but you're barely making sense
    You can't change what's set in stone, or what's inside your head

WillMal13
    Museum_edited.jpg
    Explanation
    "The world is a museum filled with meaningless exhibits
    And every gallery and hall is bustling with idiots
    You think you're so logical but you're barely making sense"

I was going for a mixture of literal and what the song is realistically about. According to the singer she says that the song is about america's society...so with that in mind what's the most meaningless thing in america? Memes! So story is her standing between two exhibits, one of memes and the other about wildfires. She's face palming because the wildfire (the more important) exhibit is closing but the memes (meaningless) exhibit stays open.

Scores
    Rank 1
    abelhinha35
    leuKKtR.png

Rank 2
    ZGoPkZ5.jpg

Rank 3
    Spudders_86
    Yk6caBC.jpg

Rank 4
    WillMal13
    Museum_edited.jpg

Rank 5
    Melusine377
    cnECuF0.png

Round Scorecard
    IhIUCNH.png

Assignment 8
    xmf1WkU.png
    Time to blossom from the wasteland. 🌺

Lyrics

https://youtu.be/b9rkexzVtpI

Photos
    w6XIPLM.jpg
    Explanation
    I learned to blossom
    I learned to blossom, finding sunlight in the grey
    Knowing I will be okay
    Through a lifetime with no rain
    I'll blossom

Melusine377
    qohIDmX.png
    Explanation
    A frozen heart beat under the snow
    I've been waiting, ready to grow
    Shivering and weathering storms
    Dreaming of some other place warm

While my roots hid deeper inside
    And my leaves stay bundled up tight
    I felt my faith get bigger than life
    Not only did I survive...

I learned to blossom

Spudders_86
    kq6Zr6v.jpg
    Explanation
    'Wilted voices ghostly in wind
    Whispering "this could be the end"
    Why are they forgetting me not?
    Can't they see I'm hurting enough?

While my roots hid deeper inside
    And my leaves stay bundled up tight
    I felt my faith get bigger than life
    Not only did I survive...

I learned to blossom'

Once again our poor Lillian has fallen for the wrong man.
    Beaten and bruised she dropped out of college.
    Many years later after finally escaping her nightmare she was able to rejoin college and get her degree.
    On her graduation day she looks back at what was for a brief moment before stepping toward a brighter future.

abelhinha35
    TIQaXaP.png
    Explanation
    I learned to blossom
    Knowing I will be okay
    Through a lifetime with no rain
    I'll blossom

My interpretation is: after experiencing an abusive relationship for a long time, she finally found true love and blossomed.

WillMal13
    Blossom_edited.jpg
    Explanation
    "Wilted voices ghostly in wind
    Whispering "this could be the end"
    Why are they forgetting me not?
    Can't they see I'm hurting enough?

...I felt my faith get bigger than life
    Not only did I survive..."

The doctor came into the room to give bad news that the patient is dying. However this was not the case, the patient's soul stands behind her husband trying to comfort him while also trying to tell the doctor, "wait can't you see I'm not dead I'm still alive, haven't you hurt my husband and me enough? I WILL SURVIVE!"

Scores
    Rank 1
    Spudders_86
    kq6Zr6v.jpg

Mizzie – Ah! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. You’ve setup the scene perfectly and it’s easy to tell what is going on and how it connects to the song in a unique way, not to mention visually powerful. You just need some brightness filters on the image, but otherwise superb job!

Jen – I think this was my favourite for this round. It shows a reflection of her past traumatic life and how she now is victorious and having her looking back tells an awesome story of how she survived and her past life where she thought she wouldn’t make it out of her past life alive. Love this shot and you wouldn’t even need the lyrics to know what is going on in this shot. Well done!

Rank 2
    abelhinha35
    TIQaXaP.png

Mizzie - I love that it looks like they are actually walking out of the dark and away from that abusive man towards a brighter future, it’s a really cool effect that you made! Is that a tree trunk behind him though? I can’t tell what that is, hahaha!

Jen – I see where you went with this great shot. Merging out of her dark past into a new and blossoming world. Nice interpretation of the lyrics. The shot works well with the lyrics and could have many meanings, including those in this song.

Rank 3
    WillMal13
    Blossom_edited.jpg

Mizzie - I love the creativity in this! It’s powerful and really throws a curveball at the viewer, especially when comparing this to the song. Awesome job!

Jen – I like the story this shot tells and it fits well with the lyrics, and it could also mean she has passed and telling the medical staff not to give up on her and to bring her back. Well done. This shot could have many interesting meanings.

Rank 4
    Melusine377
    qohIDmX.png

Mizzie - Your blending with the plants was really well done, and I like the environment you went with. While you took a more literal approach to the song your idea was excellent and well executed. I’m not sure what you used on her or what the goal was, but I am seeing some discoloration around the face and chest, probably saturation? If it was to make her blue, use a regular blue filter. Great work though!

Jen – I think your take on the tree blossoming in the harsh surroundings, however beautiful depicts the lyrics well. I love the expression on her face, it shows a victory over harsh circumstances and suits the song very well.

Rank 5
    w6XIPLM.jpg

Mizzie - I love how well she stands out from the barren and monotone wasteland with her pink aura and pink outfit. She looks absolutely gorgeous! I just with there was a bit more creativity in this, but it’s a nice photo overall.

Jen – It certainly looks like she has managed to survive the devastation of the world around her. It would have been good to see her before and after shot. As it is, she looks a bit just placed there onto a drought-ridden world. I totally get what you were trying to convey, however.

Round Scorecard
    awsoFJD.png

Assignment 9
    QPWTSkG.png
    Now that you've blossomed, you're powerful.

Lyrics

https://youtu.be/bRk8jE5mW_4

Photos
    sPnXfNc.png
    Round 9 Entries
    jHrclUy.jpg
    Explanation
    You were December
    Eyes cold, freeze my blood
    Somehow, somehow not enough

Bring the lion out
    Bring the, bring the lion out
    Bring the lion out

She is a Lion - spring and heat, and he is cold December. Her love and passion will melt him.

Melusine377
    GAXXYOk.jpg
    Explanation
    Diamonds in your skin, my blood flows

Spudders_86
    IRHC4uK.jpg
    Explanation
    You burn everything you see
    Gold are you fingers
    Leaving traces everywhere you go
    Diamonds in your skin, my blood flows

Bring the lion out

abelhinha35
    Yfa4tVD.png
    Explanation
    (Hummm) You've got fire up and down your cheeks
    (Hummm) You burn everything you see (hummm)
    (Hummm) Gold are your fingers
    (Hummm) Leaving traces everywhere you go

Bring the lion out
    Bring the lion out

My understanding is that he is ready to fight for what he believes and wants.

WillMal13
    C3_R9_WillMal13.jpg
    Explanation
    "You're like an imprint...
    ...(Hummm) Leaving traces everywhere you go...
    ...Bring the lion out
    Bring the, bring the lion out..."

My interpretation: Bringing out and letting go of your inner demons so that you can start something new and move on. And thinking about the movie, Constantine, and how he used a mirror to capture a demon. I put the two together to show her releasing her inner demon (literally).

Scores
    Round 1
    Rank 1
    jHrclUy.jpg

Mizzie – Interesting idea to go with contrasting elements, and that even though they love each other they can’t be together. If you had added melting effects that would have really topped this off! Great job!

Jen – I love your concept behind this one and their expressions say it all. I like how you represented the lyrics about the different seasons in the background too. It could have been even more effective if she looked like she was morphing into a lion with claws and wild hair, but the overall effect is great and tastefully done.

Rank 2
    WillMal13
    C3_R9_WillMal13.jpg

Mizzie - That creature is so creepy! This was definitely not something I ever expected to see, so kudos for the creativity! I’m not sure if it was intended or not, but the demon looks like it’s leaving the mirror too, which makes it fit even more to the lyrics and idea. Great job!

Jen – Your interpretation is different and not as literal as the others and I like the meaning behind your thoughts. The “bring the lion out” could be interpreted in a couple of different ways. It could mean bringing out the lion to fight her inner demons or the lion is the demon she is trying to fight so I like the way you represented this one and you used the special effects beautifully. Well done.

Rank 3
    abelhinha35
    Yfa4tVD.png

Mizzie - Whoa, you did an awesome job on those effects! I would have liked to see more story to this though, and he does look more scared than ready for a fight, I’m assuming he at least was meant to be prepared for one.

Jen – I like the intensity of this shot and the fire lion is a great effect. I can see where you were going with this, but he looks more defeated than ready for a fight, and the reflection of the fire behind him could have been a bit more hazy, however that is just my interpretation. Your overall shot fits very well with the song and the lyrics you chose to represent.

Rank 4
    Spudders_86
    IRHC4uK.jpg

Mizzie - She looks like an ice queen which makes for an interesting contrast between her looks and powers. The editing could definitely use some work in this as everything needed to be blended better, but overall good entry!

Jen – I love the effect of the fire in the background and on the ground under their feet. I feel the fire could have been a little more blended, but you covered the lyrics very well. The lion looks a little too “cut out” and placed but it’s a great shot.

Rank 5
    Melusine377
    GAXXYOk.jpg

Mizzie - I’m not entirely sure where you were going with this from your lyrics and her skin, but it seems like he might be praying on her like a lion, which was a good route to take, just wish there was more to this overall. I like the setup and their styling though!

Jen – This is a great interpretation. I can see where you were going with the lyrics you chose and the wild child above her brings in the lion lyrics in well. The background is very African and it suits the overall shot with the male dressed that way, but the meaning behind the diamonds in the skin is not all that clear to me.

Round Scorecard
    dQSHSIU.png
    Working on final details now, comp should be up in a bit (if the baby doesn't wake up).
  • Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    This looks like fun, the previous cycles look amazing! Please could I reserve a spot whilst I go see about making my Sims 4 more pose-able and less vanilla ;)
    kMRXphO.gif
    @Melusine377 Yaaay! Happy to have you on board! Feel free to use S3 if you prefer, my comps are open to S2 as well. And thank you!
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Favorite Genre: Jazz, Indie Rock
    Head Shot: Angela
    HDZe3bO.png
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you @MizoreYukii ! <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Spudders_86Spudders_86 Posts: 270 Member
    @MizoreYukii I will have a look and get involved :D
    Rqtv8vw.gif
    Okay, need another tie breaker. :joy: What version do you guys prefer?

Regular color:
    ServerBannerFinal7.2.png

Green Color:
    ServerBannerFinal7.png

Regular color:
    ServerBannerFinal7.2.png

Green Color:
    ServerBannerFinal7.png

Green colour xx
    kMRXphO.gif

Favorite Genre: Rock
    Head Shot: Laurie

QqSW32t.png
    kMRXphO.gif

Favourite Genre: 90's Hip Hop / R'n'B
    Head Shot: Lillian

68rNJiA.png?1
    Rqtv8vw.gif

Regular color:
    ServerBannerFinal7.2.png

Green Color:
    ServerBannerFinal7.png

i like the green colour
    Rqtv8vw.gif
    edited August 2019
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,131 Member
    YAS !!!! RESERVE ME HUN! im so ready to do some edits!!!!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment