Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim of the Month Challenge - NOV

JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sim-of-the-month-challenge-november-2018-bryce-shy/

Found this current monthly legacy challenge made by @MysticLegacy and @Pinstar1161 which I'm going to attempt and post updates here!

Bryce Shy
Goal: Reach 5 star vet business without cheats in shortest days possible

Please share your monthly challenge with me if you're attempting too!! Cant wait to see!

2l7Jdem.jpg
Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims

Comments

• JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    I decided to rent an apt in San Myshuno to keep my expenses as cheap as possible. Found a great cheap starter vet clinic from the gallery and placed in Brindleton Bay.

Read on to see Day 1:
    K5T3YiT.jpg
    Bryce and Choncey only had each other, but now they had this clinic. Bryce had to prove to himself and to his good ol' boy that they didn't need anyone else but each other!

VBoDOQj.jpg
    Their first day in the clinic and their first patient was a cat.

fnkMJxG.jpg
    Looks like Choncey is a little suspicious of the cat owner...

5DEkvDv.jpg
    Because this happened. Great first impression, Choncey! Will sure get us 5 stars in no time!!

1yfAkZI.jpg
    That evening, even though Bryce is naturally Shy and has that loner trait, he still chatted up some cute girls on the walk home.

5qn6Pvd.jpg
    Just as Bryce was trying to rest up for another days of work tomorrow, the welcome wagon came! But not just anyone!

7gBhIhb.jpg
    It was cute Millie Bobby Brown coming to spread some positivity!! How sweet! What an ending to the day.

Stay tuned to see the progression of this months challenge! Post yours below!! <3

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
  • MysticLegacyMysticLegacy Posts: 97 Member
    Awesome! I'm excited to read this!
    Mystic

Wife of Pinstar & co-owner of The Sims Legacy Challenge website
    Origin ID - Pinstar1161 (shared with my husband)
    Twitter - @Sims_Legacy
    Haha took me a day or two to realize Choncey is a girl doggo. Oops!

Here's what happened during day 2:
    eP3TkLg.jpg
    This cat lady showed up for the 2nd day in a row, either her cat is really sick or she just really likes Bryce.

0jp8oyB.jpg
    Another patient and it's another cat. Dr. Bryce has a specialty with dogs where he can treat them naturally, instead of using synthetics with cats.But hey anything that pays the bills right?

NE55XA7.jpg
    Yikes, I think the kitty heard me.

Knl7lmW.jpg
    Choncey must not like cat owners. We gotta train that aggression out of her.

izNU9uT.jpg
    Successful day!

edited November 2018
    Day 3:
    SJ7mDjW.jpg
    Can you imagine cat lady showed up 3 days in a row!?

MSzGsqR.jpg
    Finally got a dog patient today, but Bryce is acting like he's new at this.

W9T1OFl.jpg
    Be careful what you wish for! Lots of dogs showed up today!!

I7o29Wk.jpg
    But by the end of the day, Bryce was a pro!

The clinic closed with 1.5 stars.

dfxfLOO.jpg
    Finally back at home! The neighbor is always out here checking her mail. Nothing comes for us except bills.

qD1HZDR.jpg
    The power was out when we got inside. Bryce tried to fix it, kinda made it worse.

dIaDPAP.jpg
    We had to call the landlord, but she came over right away.

T5s5WGG.jpg
    Took her a minute to fix everything. Wonder if she really knows what she's doing..

wfOxZn4.jpg
    As Bryce was trying to get some rest, that neighbor of his was being really loud.

iwHHDRt.jpg
    He's gotta make money in the morning, so he wasn't having any of that.

What a day.

Not sure if anyone's really following but i'll keep updating cuz I feel the challenge should be achievable

It's Day 4:
    CjYN6mO.jpg
    Without fail, cat lady showed up again.

2QYIpLF.jpg
    And her cat is super pleasant

A7ozlcT.jpg
    But Choncey has been very distracted all day, which is good because she won't attack all the customers

iAoIbFH.jpg
    No one know's what's wrong with this cat... because we really know about dogs!

etwHD5x.jpg
    Look how very sweet Choncey was today!

The day ends with the clinic closing with 2 stars.

I think I'm screenshoting during each sim day, hopefully! haha!

Day 5ish:
    vgBNAJD.jpg
    Bryce doesn't have the best night's rest because rats!

KQqBMd7.jpg
    And then his apartment was flooded!

Yf8An4y.jpg
    Another day open at the clinic and Choncey is back to her aggressive self.

Zrq6Ui2.jpg
    Tried to make everyone happy today and sent Bryce and Choncey to the flea market

2sVyxoh.jpg
    Making a home cooked meal for Choncey is really what made her happy!

• SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    This challenge looks pretty fun. I might try it at some point... if I manage to find time to play. XD Anyways, enjoy the challenge!
    @SerraNolwen thanks for checking it out! The challenge goes much faster than I thought! So far It's like 3 weeks in sim days and the clinic is at 3 stars! Hopefully i'll be done soon!

Realized I didn't take pics of each sim day after all.. Going to try n update as frequent as I play and I'm playing often to try and finish this quickly! That way I can add the positivity challenge once I've reached 5 stars in my clinic.

Here's an update with a busy clinic
    iYNe6T9.jpg

This is probably around day 10:
    86Xyhwx.jpg
    Bryce always works on industrial serums for cats to calm them down, before the clinic opens.

G9JuCKl.jpg
    The clinic is getting very busy. I have to always time manage with allowing and disallowing new patients.

pzfpiEs.jpg
    I couldn't make it up that this cat lady visits the clinic nearly every other day. Granted it seems she has two cats. STILL!

Lp2D9GP.jpg
    Choncey was in a good mood until this new poodle showed up. Choncey isn't a fan of unknown beings like Bryce.

YW7fROY.jpg
    The clinic was getting harder and harder to manage.

We closed the day with the clinic at a 2.5 stars.

Day 11:
    CSg4R1K.jpg
    Bryce grabbed some food before opening the clinic today!

M5J7KVU.jpg
    He gets easily irritated when the area is dirty. That included the equipment he was working with. You can see we got an upgrade with the exam table! Hooray!!

CTjblhJ.jpg
    Look who came in today. Surprised? Haha!

Day 12:
    H1QquPh.jpg
    Working at night made no difference to the amount of patients we received. The clinic keeps teetering between 2.5 and 3 stars because patients are getting impatient and the environment isn't the cleanest. Can't blame them but hey! We're trying!

B0TXmwT.jpg
    What's a work day without seeing the cat lady come in!?

cVnhOHr.jpg
    Bryce has been so busy with the clinic, he nearly forgot about Choncey. Sorry about that girl!

Okay I take back when I said it's seems easy enough to get to 5 star clinic. It is pretty difficult for me to pass the 3/3.5 mark! I also realize when I upload each pic to imgur, it somewhat loses it's quality. Wahh

Day 15
    e7zwSwG.jpg
    The clinic is in full swing! Bryce still isn't the best with cats.

z1FffDH.jpg
    Can't tell if the cat lady is happy or upset with the service here. She keeps coming in every day but she isn't happy when Bryce tells her her cat is FINE!

H9Jb363.jpg
    It was getting too chaotic so we had to hire a new vet! Helpful that Bryce doesn't need to mop up anything anymore so yay!

Day 17
    ijX1Q96.jpg
    The clinic is really filling up now that the other vet is also treating pets!

zifnv4V.jpg
    What's a clinic day without cat lady. Look how Choncey feels about her haha

NGvVviy.jpg
    It's almost weekly that Bryce is having to call the landlord because of roaches or electrical things.

mLIcTGm.jpg
    And the neighbors are almost nightly disruptive!!

kabqCfX.jpg
    Bryce does like taking matters into his own hands.

Day 19
    CIAhMqE.jpg
    Okay is it just us or is everyone getting bored of the same old routine? Can we just pass 3.5 stars please!?

fUpNp7o.jpg
    This apartment really isn't the best place...

MVGfmMX.jpg
    Even the Landlord sucks...

aj10AjJ.jpg
    AND EVERYTHING KEEPS BREAKING!!

Oh, wow, looks like that apartment isn't helping much. How is Bryce holding up in your game? I decided to try the challenge too, but I'm stuck at 3.5 stars as well, after 14 days of gameplay. Bryce is barely spending time in his tiny home in my game, but he often gets stressed by the presence of so many people in his clinic. I got one day where things went really out of control and suddenly dropped from 3 stars to 1. O_O
    @SerraNolwen He's a bit of a drama queen i'll agree! Easily stressed and very tense haha. If i wasn't trying to get the clinic to 5 stars quickly, i'd make him go to the spa or something. Also he is putting on a bunch of weight since aging up, no time for exercise! Except he loves going on jogs with Choncey, it isn't slimming him down at all.

It's 3 weeks in! Day 21:
    oxgxkuE.jpg
    A busy clinic is a happy clinic! I've tried opening while being back at home since hiring another vet and letting them run the place... but I haven't been able to pass 3 stars!

G0XDS8b.jpg
    But happy day it's Chonceys Birthday!! She's an elder now! Gotta work quicker to complete the challenge!!

7d5y28t.jpg
    What a better gift than MOVING into a better apartment!

dQOV5jB.jpg
    Would you look at that view?! While we were looking, Bryce aged up! He's an adult now!

0PgJZJY.jpg
    Lookin' good ol' man!

YAY! I got Seasons expansion since it was on sale!! YAY holidays!! haha
    Day 23:

66gsN2u.jpg
    Yay for seasons, boo for Choncey getting sick.

qFudctu.jpg
    She's still a cutie even when feeling under the weather.

nDyiqhf.jpg
    We built a break room so we could work longer hours!

FvgVYTz.jpg
    However, they keep hanging out in here instead of working! Wah

It's now about week 4: Not much is going on, just trying to gain those stars on the clinic.
    9oQWyfg.jpg
    Things in the new apartment are going pretty well

N1rUzOw.jpg
    However, Bryce easily gets annoyed with the level of noise made by the neighbors

IflAWP9.jpg
    Nicer tenants could be found at the old location

JRA0qwr.jpg
    Can't be mad for too long because she spent a lot of time with Choncey this afternoon.

ggUhqi8.jpg
    This new place has a tub so Choncey really loves these hot, steamy, baths.

End of week 4 around day 30:
    48qopTQ.jpg
    Choncey girl got sick again cuz she loves going outside in the cold rain.

ydoCGbQ.jpg
    Good thing Bryce is a vet and can whip up the treatment super quick.

87cUQb5.jpg
    Other quick fixes... the cone of shame for $30. Can you believe all day people were coming in and they all got cones?!

7Lv7W1x.jpg
    Clinic is always full yet people aren't too mad about the wait times. It's the bedside manner that could use improvement, so Bryce keeps sending his employees for training.

VWxcPDl.jpg
    At least every night is spent in a nice warm bath.

Day 35:
    4vsfxAz.jpg
    Some one woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning

wQqBBVJ.jpg
    The clinic was very busy per usual, and cat lady was here, again per usual.

uhH58FO.jpg
    Trying to wind down the end of another day, you would never believe what happened....

sWCUIaq.jpg
    zSqWsGO.jpg
    yDBqmGZ.jpg
    lXXbzeI.jpg
    dhOgwXo.jpg
    mbGuJKR.jpg
    SJYkEpW.jpg
    5aUzVrG.jpg
    vuB1rWJ.jpg
    WplM3fz.jpg

So with that, RIP Choncey and RIP to the NOV challenge. Lasted to Day 35 and ended the clinic at 4 stars!

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. The same happened to me. I managed to get a couple clients to 5 stars, but the overall rating stayed stuck at 4. Are you looking forward to finding out what the next sim of the month will be?
    Oh no! Sorry to hear that. The same happened to me. I managed to get a couple clients to 5 stars, but the overall rating stayed stuck at 4. Are you looking forward to finding out what the next sim of the month will be?

Yes definitely! I hope it's something seasons related! I really liked playing this last one because I finally played through something with a goal that was short-termed enough for me to see it to the end!

Feel free to share your pics here of your challenge or other future ones!