Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody just play with the Sims 4 base game? Anybody?

2...Next

Comments

• ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I held off on packs for quite a while, had gotten bored with the game, but then found a challenge that worked with me. Then I was sucked in and enjoyed the game, with each new pack just adding to my enjoyment. I think you can get bored with any game, either with no packs or all the packs. Just depends on how you play it. For me, it took the Decades Challenge (combined with my love of history) to pull me back into the game.
  • DrUncomfortableDrUncomfortable Posts: 2 New Member
    I only have the base game because I don't want to spend my money although I can say I use the heck out of the cc.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I reckon you could play just base game but i would recommend getting at least expansions cause ones out rn are usually really cheap for the amount of new content you'll have. I just wouldn't play without them now cause I already have them and would get no benefit from doing so.
    But say I was using a cheap laptop instead, I'd likely only use base game cause it'll have better performance.

Also as someone who doesn't like using cc (I only use gameplay mods) I like having more content that won't be deleted from a lot if accidentally loaded after an update. I know I can move and move back cc for an update but I forgot all the time when using cc hair and ended up with bald sims everywhere too many times.
    caitytrina.png
  • pop_sim45pop_sim45 Posts: 1 New Member
    I play the base game, as the extension packs are not in my budget. I’d love to have some, but for now I’m enjoying what I have. =)
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I didn't even play the base game when it released and was the only option because it didn't come with toddlers.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    The thought of doing that is honestly cringe worthy... even with all the gameplay and content patches we've gotten over the years, I cannot imagine the base game being enough to keep me wanting to play.

I mean, this has always been the case for any Sims game... but Sims 4 is on an entirely different level of lacking content.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    spollock wrote: »
    yeah i play with just base game and have since sims 4 came out I've just not got money to pay for expansion packs

Do you just garden all day or what? That would be rough.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2019
    Nobody now just plays the original Base Game. If they use Origin they get all the updates and free packs like Toddlers, Terrain tools etc. It makes quite a difference. New Simmers don't know how we suffered!
    edited May 2019
    soko37 wrote: »
    spollock wrote: »
    yeah i play with just base game and have since sims 4 came out I've just not got money to pay for expansion packs

Do you just garden all day or what? That would be rough.

@spollock It might be a good idea to go on Twitter and catch one of those codes SimGurus give out occasionally on a first come first gets basis for free. You might get a pack that way.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I only recently got Cats & Dogs because they were on a really good special offer & grabbed Cool Kitchen a while back for the same reason. But honestly, even though I haven't been playing loads, there was enough to keep me going in the base game and had those two not been discounted, I'd still be on base game only.
    It probably depends on how you play, but since I focus on families (and the game does now have toddlers) and building random houses, what is there now is plenty for me.

That said, I do enjoy having pets around :D And as others pointed out, the base game now is way different than it was even just a year ago. (watching old YT videos is confusing)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I did play just the base game for nearly a year before deciding to invest more in the dlc of the game.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I got a cheap laptop and decided to just go Base Game* to see what it was like. I have most of the packs on my regular computer.
    What a difference!

It's interesting-there are a lot fewer interaction opportunities. I miss vampires, Granite Falls, restaurants, and a few other things. So it's a different gameplay all around. Still, I'm gonna stick with it just for fun.
    I will say, it really makes me appreciate all the additions the packs bring to the game!

*And, okay, I did cheat and download MCCC for some gameplay options. So it's not totally Base Game.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Since TS1 I always get to play with all expansion packs gradually as they are released.
    edited May 2019
    I wonder what will happen when the Legacy Pack is released. Will it free some modders to stay with it, patch and develop it further themselves without Maxis interference?
  • LunaruuLunaruu Posts: 1 New Member
    Sadly, I only have the base game. This is because I don't have the money for any expansion packs/stuff packs. Would really like some, hoping to get some in the future.
  • IneedlotsoffoodIneedlotsoffood Posts: 1 New Member
    Well sadly i only have the base game since the packs are too expensive for me my family probably cant afford to buy it since we are alreaddy struggling to pay rent
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top