Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anybody just play with the Sims 4 base game? Anybody?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
I was thinking about how much content has been added over the years (or at least once a year lol) to the sims 4 base game and despite taking a long time for certain features to appear like terrain tools, I started to wonder what it would be like JUST to play the game with the base game.

This is coming from a person who owns every single piece of DLC (including the Prima Computer DLC that came with the guide) and pre-ordered Get Famous...in that I wonder what it would be like just to play the base game especially now. I suspect there is probably a lot more "game" and things to do then there was obviously when the Sims 4 was released.

Still...some expansions I can't imagine living without like seasons if just for one.

So, anybody here just play with the base game and maybe one or two packs at most?

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I honestly don't see how anyone could. Unless they just don't like the game much to begin with & barely play. I know some people play with a couple packs, but to have none at all and still play regularly? I can't see it.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I started playing Sims 4 basegame only when it had already gotten the major updates up to toddlers (I don't think there was anything else major basegame updates up to Cats&Dogs). I spent almost a month invested in it, but it too eventually made me bored (surprised it took me that long) and I couldn't fathom playing with the basegame now even with the major basegame updates up to the current.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • spollockspollock Posts: 1 New Member
    yeah i play with just base game and have since sims 4 came out I've just not got money to pay for expansion packs
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    When I got the game, it came bundled with the Cats and Dogs expansion, so I've literally never been able to play with just the base game.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Let's not alienate those who just play with the base game. There may be several reasons why they don't play with packs and that is perfectly okay. It may be either very young people, elderly, or simply folks who just don't have a budget for game related things. Or perhaps they don't have an interest in extras.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    To put it simply, no.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the base game needs work
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I was happy with the base game (+ eventually two stuff packs) for half a year. It was during the first year TS4 game was out. With all the additions I don't see it impossible at all that someone would enjoy just the base game. Plenty of good DLC has been released though and I would recommend getting the base game & Seasons bundle if possible.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2018
    I can only imagine someone playing just the base game at the point is if they had recently gotten the game not too long ago or otherwise ($$$ to being just a very casual game to play for them they can still enjoy without the packs.)

Compared to how the base game was then to now? It's far better, especially with all all the updates and free extra goodies to it. When I first got the Sims 4 I did enjoy it and what it offered, BUT it was definitely lacking to be a decent base game.

I remember playing the Sims 2 base game for so long before I even decided to buy an expansion.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I couldn't fathom thinking about not having pets and now even seasons too.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I have a friend who does, because she just isn't interested in DLC, although she is considering buying Cats and Dogs.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I can’t imagine anyone doing this by choice.
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I have no idea how I could. The packs are just too fun to limit to a base game! I do base game builds for the gallery from time to time but even those are a challenge!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I could never play ANY of the Sims games without all the packs!!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It's funny that you mention that, because with all the recent updates, I was thinking of disabling all my packs and making a pure base game save to see how it holds up now. With pools, ghosts, toddlers, terrain tools, etc. it's certainly much better than it was in 2014
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Base game should be lots more interesting now with lots of patches and extras, but I'm playing with all EPs and a couple GPs. As I'm playing my only save, there's no way I could go back to plain.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    edited December 2018
    spollock wrote: »
    yeah i play with just base game and have since sims 4 came out I've just not got money to pay for expansion packs

I've got a couple bucks left over after Christmas shopping. I can gift you two stuff packs or one game pack of your choosing.
    Whats your origin id?
    @spollock
    Post edited by PlumDiddy on
  • SorenaJSorenaJ Posts: 31 Member
    I used to play with just the base game, and was perfectly content with that for a while (my simmers don't go travelling much anyway, having to leave their house is an inconvenience), but when Seasons came out, I just had to get it. I loved Seasons in the Sims 2, and am loving it in S4, and don't think I could go back to the base game. I don't really feel like I need any other game or expansion packs, though I would like to get the game pack Toddler Stuff at some point.
  • Toddly13Toddly13 Posts: 42 Member
    I played with just the base game for a long time. I only have City Living as an expansion pack and 2 game packs. In previous versions of Sims I would buy every pack could, but I never played any of them fully. I do want to expand my collection, but I've enjoyed actually playing through content-- much of which I still have to explore. The last time I really did this was with Sims Celebrity, so it's been a good change of pace. I've got my eye on Get Famous and Seasons and a few game packs though. I'm not sure how much longer I'll resist.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    i do. i have just about 200 hours played w/ the base. i bought the "get bit" vampire-whatever addon back when it was 10 bucks a few weeks ago because everybody said how much better... improved... playable the sims 4 became with additional content.

it didn't.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I'm sure there are people. But me personally, can't imagine doing that since I don't use CC and the base game CAS is so bad.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    Honestly, there's not much of a difference playing it with or without the packs so....it's still a very limited game that doesn't offer a lot of freedom or variety. The packs don't add a lot of gameplay tbh. I think the worst of it all would be the fact that you would only have three worlds, now that would be a pain. But without Seasons, GF and GT the game would most definitely put me to sleep.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    I could not play whit just a base game. Sims 4 was only sims game i bought like 2 years after release when they added toddlers and things like that. Maybe now after 4 years the sims 4 base game could be worth of playing since it did have updates but i think sims 3 base game would be best game when playing only whit basegame since it have more depth imo.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited December 2018
    i don't get why base game by itself is so scary to some of y'all, honestly... i was playing for like a year with just base game and i wasn't bored. now though, i have one pack and like eight pieces of cc.

i feel like packs, cc, mods, etc add to the game rather than improve it

base game isn't that bad. sue me.
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Well, I recently bought the game so I have the base game, but downloaded a lot of CC's
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top