Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

7 Sins: A redemption Challenge [being tested]

ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
HuSQRIA.png
Brief Intro: This was an idea I had for a story, and as I've been playing it and writing the story I started seeing the potential for it to be a challenge for others to enjoy. So I made rules up and I've been slowly editing it as I go. If you would like to play it even during the testing stage feel free to. The rules are originally posted here on my word press where I am likely to update it faster than I would here.

If anyone uses the challenge for a story or letsPlay I will happily link to it here. I'm also going to post links to my story if you're interested in following along.

Setup:

Create seven sims that you feel represent the seven sins, “Gluttony, Lust, Envy, Greed, Sloth, Pride, and Wrath.” (tip: if you make a new game and want a lot that isn't already bulldozed you may want to just make a random sim to enter the new file. Bulldoze the lot you want, and then make your sins.)
The sims can be either gender and whatever life state you want. Alien, Sim, Vampire. Cats and dogs won’t work for this challenge but I suppose you could fill the 8th slot with one if you wanted to.
The traits and aspirations need to reflect the sins as much as possible. You will be redeeming them as you go along. (Eventually using cas.fulleditmode to delete a bad trait and replace it with a good.) Pick three “Bad” traits for each sin.
Hard mode: For 5000 satisfaction points each stage that you remove a trait, you can purchase the Re-traiting potion instead of using cheats.
Buy any empty lot/bulldozed lot you want your sims to live on. Use freerealestate on if you have to because you don’t want to motherlode or it could mess with money collecting aspirations if they’re used. Once your lot is bought, reduce house funds to 0. Money 0
Now add a ghost trait to each of your sims, each sim must be different. (traits.equip_trait X where x = any of the following death traits: anger, cowplant, drown, electrocution, embaressment, fire, hunger, laugh, oldage, exhaust, steam, Vampire_sun) I don’t know pufferfish, poison, or rabid rodent fever. But I can assume they’re something similar to the rest.
When the sims achieve redemption you’ll do the opposite. (traits.remove_trait X)
Note, some of the death cheat traits break during patches and don’t always work.

First Stage: Can’t help who you are

Sinful Ghost Sims are not allowed to get jobs in the living world. They must make money however else they can. Paint, harvest plants, find frogs and breed them and sell the offspring, ect.
When they travel, they must all travel together.
First stage is collecting enough money to try to keep the sins happy so that they can make even better money and build a house to move on to the second stage.
In this stage, it counts as a house if they have at least one bathroom, one kitchen with a place for them all to sit and eat at a table or counter, and bedrooms that will give them each their own bed.
Must live on the one lot together.

Second Stage: Getting a career

When the sins actually start to have a home, having started with nothing they are considered to actually be working on redeeming themselves and are allowed to get careers.
They can only choose one career and cannot change it until they max it. Choose wisely.
Still cannot live anywhere but the home lot.
Whatever aspiration the sim was given that matched their sin is the first step to redemption here. They must complete the aspiration in order to remove one of their negative traits that make them the sin. (Sloth probably has lazy for example, which isn’t necessarily a bad trait. but for the sin challenge it is ‘one of their bad traits to change’)
traits.remove_trait X may have to get used here to completely clear the old trait if it still decides to function in secret even after being removed. Just a glitch note.
Once the first aspiration is completed for all sins move on to the next stage.
The sins must still travel as an entire group if they go anywhere unless it is to work. Exception: You are allowed to follow a sim to their work for ‘get to work’ jobs.

Third Stage: On the path to redemption

The Second aspiration to be picked for each sin is to be their turning point aspiration. Where their first aspiration summed up their sin, this new aspiration is to be their journey.
In this stage, the sins can freely travel without taking the entire household with them.
Each sim during this stage must make the largest donation possible to one of the computer charities.
When the second aspiration is complete you may once again take one of their bad traits and turn them into a good trait. (I like to think of the good trait as the ‘opposite’ of whatever the bad one was.)
Yes, you can already be working on the second aspiration for sins that get their aspirations completed faster. You just can’t get the other perks of this stage until all sins have made it to the third stage.

Fourth Stage: Moving out

You probably guessed it. Time for the third aspiration! This one must be selected to represent a complete turnover. From evil to good so to speak. Example: Perhaps Lust started with ‘Serial Romantic’, decided to tone it down to ‘friend of the world’, and then finally finished with ‘Big Happy Family.’
The sins have almost redeemed themselves and can finally start moving out to their own lots if they would like to.
Must make at least 2 max donations on the computer for each sim this stage.
When the third aspiration is complete, remove and replace the final trait.
When the aspiration is complete, and the donations have been met, you may finally redeem yourself and become a living sim once more!
It’s okay for them to become living sims at different speeds.

Fifth Stage: Living again

Congratulations you’re no longer ghosts! You’ve redeemed yourselves and have joined the land of the living once more.
Post edited by Shadami on

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    edited February 2021
    Others attempting this challenge:
    Late Knight Simmer - The Seven Ridiculous Sims!
    edited November 2018
    Introduction Chapters:
    LpdXImz.png
    iSezywM.png
    pjdSVhu.png
    Week One: Envy
    xxkKCok.png
    bEG9a9Y.png
    wU6dFnn.png
    be2Zd0N.png
    shkfqrm.png
    WuKDkPr.png
    qRMWD2y.png
    Week Two: Pride
    mVgX4mO.png
    Ble4Fj4.png
    mjAQvLK.png
    Erm892S.png
    vvDV51e.png
    CVGDZtq.png
    uSPZcQj.png
    pIExxTA.png
    Week Three:Lust
    N5BLcNS.png
    IAi85nU.png
    OMuUN6U.png
    NG4GnO7.png
    xQknid5.png
  • RoggieBearRoggieBear Posts: 243 Member
    @Shadami Quick question -- do you have to complete the WHOLE aspiration, or just one section... I have the mansion baron aspiration and that seems extremely difficult to complete... also have fabulously wealthy aspiration... Thanks...
    ef9eb77d415cabaae36ff6de0598edad--tms-entertainment-cat-cat.jpg

Inspired +1 - Who isn't inspired after seeing the cutest thing ever come out of the banana they were eating?

RoggieBear
    edited September 2018
    Yes the challenge is to complete the whole aspiration. I have both of those as well. xD And yeah, they're going to be the hardest. @RoggieBear also so sorry for the late reply. I didn't realize I hadn't touched the computer in that long!
  • MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    FYI I'm about to start play testing this challenge :) I'll go to your blog to find the most updated rules.
    Oh hey! Awesome I really appreciate that. ^-^ I was just starting another play session in my game and it seems to be working well so far, but I would love feedback :D
    @Shadami So first question...it doesn't really clarify but hints at the fact they have to start out with a poor lot. I didn't realize that until I had already used the free real estate cheat to move them into an apartment big enough for the 7 of them. So I assume they need to just start out on a basic lot with basic necessities?
    edited November 2018
    Oh I'm gonna have to glance over how I phrased it. The idea was that they start with nothing because they've only just returned to the land of the living. I hadn't even thought about apartments... Hmm.

But yes the idea was they have an empty lot and have to build up from nothing. I guess sort of in a rag to riches kind of way? Though I haven't played that challenge I believe it has that same starting concept.
    Buy any emptylot/bulldozed lot you want your sims to live on. Use freerealestate on if you have to because you don’t want to motherlode or it could mess with money collecting aspirations if they’re used. Once your lot is bought, reduce house funds to 0. Money 0/quote]

I'm gonna add empty to this rule. Do you think that might clarify it better or do I still need to add something else? Like maybe "no apartments" or "only empty apartments" ?
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Throwing a tip your way: the Re-Traiting Potion could be utilized for your challenge instead of using cheats.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    edited November 2018
    @nastyjman I haven't actually used the potion, I only just saw it in the rewards section a couple days ago to be completely honest. Does it remove all of the traits? Or just one of them?
    Hard mode: For 5000 satisfaction points each stage that you remove a trait, you can purchase the Re-traiting potion instead of using cheats.
    Added this in. Thanks for the idea :D
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    @shadami You can remove any amount of traits.
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
    ArDpn7L.png

If anyone would like to vote on the story I'm doing based on this challenge that I have written. xD I have a poll going now.
  • simfollysimfolly Posts: 8 New Member
    good work - looks quite fun
    love the theme
    hail satan
    (\____/)
    ( ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)
    \╭☞ \╭☞

I like the potential for good imaginative individual play. Also like hard mode, sounds like a challenge. I rarely do the careers, so that'd be fun.

might give it a try - will tag you in any content i upload to the gallery!
    Thanks. :) I'll make sure to check it out.
  • mydarlingqueenmydarlingqueen Posts: 1 New Member
    Started this challenge earlier in July, still working on it! I got distracted but am working on it some more now :smile: They are on stage 2 still, but some are getting closer to finishing their aspirations.
    That's what stage mine are on too. :) Life has been just a little to busy. Haha. I hope you've been having as much fun playing it as I did making it.
  • MandieJaneMandieJane Posts: 18 Member
    I DID IT! this is my first sims challenge that I made it through from start to finish!

it got a little tedious at times because my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 kept unintentionally choosing the annoyingly long aspirations [ lol ]

but it was fun :) thank you.
    I'm so glad you had fun with it! I was slightly concerned with the aspirations and if it would be to long to do this that way, but it's still shorter than a legacy challenge, so I figured it would work.
  • Terah_WatsonTerah_Watson Posts: 3 New Member
    I just started this challenge, it's awesome! Very challenging, I love it :smile:
    Thank you, I'm glad you're enjoying it :D
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    Hey Shadami, I just started this challenge, and it's pretty fun! Thanks for coming up with it!
    Glad you like it! ^-^
  • NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    I'm going to try to write a story about it, when I get a few chapters up, would you like the link?