Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tutorial: Turning Your Sims into Service NPC (No mods required)

AKLSimmerAKLSimmer Posts: 78 Member
A few days ago I've seen a thread asking about if we can make our own service sims, and I've seen similar threads before too. These cheats have always been in the game, but since few people know it, I decided to make a tutorial.

Updated cheats here (will update again when Seasons come out):
Base Game
Mailman: traits.equip_trait isMailman, careers.add_career Mailman
Maid: traits.equip_trait isMaid, careers.add_career maid
Nanny: traits.equip_trait isNanny, careers.add_career Nanny
Pizza Delivery: traits.equip_trait isPizzaDelivery, careers.add_career PizzaDelivery
Gardener (need Gardening Skill): traits.equip_trait isGardener_Service, careers.add_career Gardener_Service
traits.equip_trait trait_isMasterGardener, careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_Gardener
Fisherman: traits.equip_trait trait_isMasterFisherman, careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_Fisherman
Repair Service (need Handiness Skill): traits.equip_trait isRepair, careers.add_career Repair

Get Together:
DJ (need DJ Skill): traits.equip_trait isDJ, careers.add_career DJ
[For DJs, there are two types of DJs needed for the nightclubs. DJ Headliners need to have level 10 DJ skill, and Professional DJ need to have level 7-9 DJ skill. It is recommended to prepare at least 2 sims for each category.]

City Living:
Weirdo: traits.equip_trait isWeirdo (You need at least 5 of them, and probably more)
Living statue: traits.equip_trait isStatueBusker (You need at least 2, YA or teen)
City repair: traits.equip_trait isCityRepair
Romance Guru: traits.equip_trait isLoveGuru (In the vanilla game, the romance guru have to be an elder, but with this mod, you can have young adults and adults as well)
Landlord (need handiness skill): traits.equip_trait isRepair traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_Landlord careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_Landlord

Cats and Dogs:
Adoption Officer: traits.equip_trait isAdoptionOfficer, careers.add_career AdoptionOfficer

Outdoor Retreat:
Forest Ranger: traits.equip_trait isForestRanger, careers.add_career Ranger
Master Herbalist: traits.equip_trait isMasterHerbalist
Bear: traits.equip_trait isBear

Spa Day:
Massage Therapist (Service NPC that you can call through phone, not the ones in spa venues, needs at least level 9 wellness skill): traits.equip_trait isMassageTherapist, careers.add_career MassageTherapist_Service

Dine Out:
Restaurant Critic: traits.equip_trait isRestaurantCritic, careers.add_career RestaurantCritic

Vintage Glamour:
Butler: traits.equip_trait isButler, careers.add_career Butler
[Skills needed: cooking 5+, gourmet cooking 2+, handiness 2+, gardening 2+, charisma 2+]

Jungle Adventure:
Natives: traits.equip_trait isNative

Steps to turn your sims into service NPC:

- Create the household and place them in a lot
- Temporarily play them, and add the traits/careers/skills needed via cheats.
- Go to Manage World and mark them as unplayed.
- Delete the random sims you have.

More detailed tutorial + playtesting here:
https://youtu.be/yOEWJCgT32Q
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I guess I've just always thought it was easier to edit existing service NPC's than use these cheats. But this could be useful for someone who's already got the sims made! Good work!
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AKLSimmerAKLSimmer Posts: 78 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I guess I've just always thought it was easier to edit existing service NPC's than use these cheats. But this could be useful for someone who's already got the sims made! Good work!

Some people may prefer cheats because they don't want to makeover all random sims, so they can just use EA premades or download from the gallery. Also, this is good for story purpose. In one of my save files, after Diego Lobo divorced my sim, he is kicked out of his own apartment, so he has to busk as a living statue for a living. There's a lot of possibilities:)
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Thanks a lot for these I'll go through my older townies the game deemed useless and hopefully they'll get reused now.
    If only the game stopped resetting the skills of npcs.

I really wish there was a townie job editor so I could manage it all at once instead of going to every household.

Does anyone know the skills requirement for Get To Work career npcs ? Those who were working there are now jobless and new ones get generated each time I go to work (so I don't anymore).
    I think some of them would show up if I gave them the correct active career rank like chief of police, but the csi lab guy I'm not sure how.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2018
    This is awesome! Thank you :) I only had a Maid cheat, sims.add_buff NPC_Maid. (I use it so one household has a live-in maid.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    Oooh this is going to be really useful to me. Thank you so much for putting it together.
    happyopi wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for these I'll go through my older townies the game deemed useless and hopefully they'll get reused now.
    If only the game stopped resetting the skills of npcs.

I really wish there was a townie job editor so I could manage it all at once instead of going to every household.

Does anyone know the skills requirement for Get To Work career npcs ? Those who were working there are now jobless and new ones get generated each time I go to work (so I don't anymore).
    I think some of them would show up if I gave them the correct active career rank like chief of police, but the csi lab guy I'm not sure how.

I think for GTW careers, you just need to let the sims enter the career, and perhaps cheat their careers to a higher level, and they will show up at work. I'm not sure if this is true if you don't have any mods though.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, this is neat, but what I really want is the ability to do all that in manage worlds, without having to play them :-/
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Once you set them up as NPCs, can you evict them from the lot?
    Derella wrote: »
    Once you set them up as NPCs, can you evict them from the lot?

Yes you can.
  • ej_flambertej_flambert Posts: 6 New Member
    Can this INCREDIBLE list be updated for Get Famous?
  • AndaliteBanditAndaliteBandit Posts: 1 New Member
    > @AKLSimmer said:
    > Derella wrote: »
    >
    > Once you set them up as NPCs, can you evict them from the lot?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes you can.

I wanted to add that I was only able to turn my Sim into a professional gardener by marking her as unplayed AND evicting her. Thank you for your incredible work!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    This is fantastic!!

Will try these out in my game tomorrow :)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yeah I had no idea so I’ll definitely be trying these
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Yeah, this is neat, but what I really want is the ability to do all that in manage worlds, without having to play them :-/

@FanPhoria Would be amazing if they added a tab with a new UI and everything that looks like the one from Dine Out wheer you can pick the people you want working in your restaurants. Also, would be cool an option to mark if we wanted the game to tell us if we need to add a new sims to this jobs if the other ones die or retire...
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Derella I believe some of them have to be homeless sims for them to work in their careers. So, you can edit them and evict them, but if you play rotationally and you're not seeing the sim from other household doing npc jobs then they probably need to be homeles for it to work
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited April 2019
    Hey folks, upon further review of this, considering that this tutorial is still relevant today I'm going to be reopening the thread.
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    1. Thanks to @AKLSimmer for this great collection of cheats/instructions.
    2. Thanks to @EA_Rtas for reopening this thread. This list could grow with future packs, and I hope people will add their findings.
    3. Talking about adding to the list, here are instructions for Father Winter (thanks to @veronica55 ). I also prefer the way the roles are assigned, as it does not reqire the NPC household to be played or moved into a lot:
      veronica55 wrote: »
      [...]
      1. Load up any sim and pause the game
      2. Open the cheat console with shift+control+c
      3. Type testingcheats on
      4. Type sims.get_sim_id_by_name Clement Frost (or the name of any sim you want)
      This should display an ID number for Clement Frost
      5. Type sims.summon_sim_to_zone [Clement Frost's ID number]
      Don't use the brackets - it should look like: sims.summon_sim_to_zone 123456789. If you did it correct, Clement Frost should appear on the lot.
      6. Type traits.equip_trait trait_HolidayTradition_FatherWinter [Clement Frost's ID number]
      7. Type careers.add_career career_adult_NPC_FatherWinter [Clement Frost's ID number]
      This should assign the job of Father Winter to Clement Frost.
      8. Type testingcheats off
      9. Save the game and exit back to Manage Worlds, then delete any other Father Winters the game made from the world if you only want Clement Frost to be the only Father Winter.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Wow, this is certainly helpful. I'll need to do this for my game.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Does anyone know if there are any of these cheats for the Get Famous acting career? Going to a gig generates so many random new Sims as background actors and the various producer, director, etc roles (and 9 out of 10 will be female to boot) when I have so many Sims open for the game to place them into these kinds of roles. Ugh, why can't the game just work properly for once?
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,967 Member
    What is the CL weirdo?
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    ah cool thanx! i had been doing this with butlers and nannies but i wasn't finding much relevant info on the other types
    edited May 2019
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    What is the CL weirdo?
    @SheriSim57, according to this thread:
    [...]trait_isWeirdo is set for the NPC Raccoon/Luchador.
    Does anyone know if there are any of these cheats for the Get Famous acting career? Going to a gig generates so many random new Sims as background actors and the various producer, director, etc roles (and 9 out of 10 will be female to boot) when I have so many Sims open for the game to place them into these kinds of roles. Ugh, why can't the game just work properly for once?
    @BrokenChaos69, do you mean these?

edited May 2019
    What happened to NPC fishermen?

I think I remember lots of sims dressed like this...

8PUcx1h.png

...hanging around ponds and rivers during my early TS4 days. Since then I haven't played sims with the angler aspiration and have totally neglected fishing locations. But recently I decided to create an NPC fisherman myself with the traits and careers listed above...
    AKLSimmer wrote: »
    [...]Fisherman: traits.equip_trait trait_isMasterFisherman, careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_Fisherman[...]

... and gave him level 10 fishing skill to be on the safe side. I sent another sim to a fishing sign post and waited. My selfmade NPC didn't show, and the sims that did didn't wear the fisherman outfit but their everyday (or maybe seasonal) outfit:

YvT4AVp.png

I first thought that this was a variation of the problem described in this older thread, but I have no outfit troubles with my maid or gardener. Also, I could neither find the trait nor the career on these sims:
    hHZaZcr.png
    Dz0hZjW.png

They do have level 10 fishing skill, though:
    DU0TedQ.png

And all of them have an assigned role:
    role_open_streets_masterfisherman

TOBSnCF.png

I wonder... do these traits still work for you or has the system changed for NPC fishermen? The other NPC traits I tried worked fine so far.
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Very useful thread. However to those not opposed to using mods the NPCC mod can be used to effortlessly assign and remove NPC careers at will on not-in-household sims. Very useful mod, at the same time it limits townie generation and only generates one maid instead of generating 10 different maids like the game usually does.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top