Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MySims Legacy Challenge **Last Updated (3/26/2023)**

Comments

• SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited April 2021
    0F6yd6i.png

wgLYMVS.png

JDvyL97.png

Almost done with generation 3 (like next week). Generation 4 is all ready!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm halfway through reading your gen 2 xD
    So I'd say halfway through your entire story. Lol!
    Hi all! Since Cottage Living is out now and I’m about to start playing Gen 5 (which is the only one involving animals), I thought it would be nice to include some Cottage Living things in this Generation. I’m about to look into it myself later today, but I thought - let’s already type the suggestion😊

Have a nice day!
  • alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Hi all! Since Cottage Living is out now and I’m about to start playing Gen 5 (which is the only one involving animals), I thought it would be nice to include some Cottage Living things in this Generation. I’m about to look into it myself later today, but I thought - let’s already type the suggestion😊

Have a nice day!

Sorry for such a late reply life has been kinda hectic and it slipped my mind! I'm gonna look through it a bit today and see what I can come up with!
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    edited October 2021
    So, Yuki died bc of sunlight, so I guess I failed the Yuki gen
    RULE ONE WHEN YOU HAVE A VAMPIRE: NEVER INVITE THEM AT A WEDDING

False alarm: Since I purposely left the play without saving, yesterday I played my MySims Legacy save, and the game counted Yuki as alive and Candy's wedding as not started yet. To not make Yuki die again, I applied on her a face mask that proctes vampire from sunlight. I replayed the wedding and everyone is ok, and Candy married Paolo Rocca without assisting at her undead sister's death; they're now on a vacation/honeymoon in Sulani (Elmira, Candy's teen daughter and gen 3 heir is there too)
    Post edited by Chris_McSims on
  • RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    I love this idea and can’t wait to get home and begin! It’s super creative without being overly onerous with point tracking etc and a great way to use the collections. To be honest, I’ve being playing The Sims since Sims 1 and I had no idea we had a collections tracking tab in the inventory xD until I read your challenge!!! I’m a bit worried that over the entire span of the legacy I shall accidentally do something to reset the household tracking, but fingers crossed. I plan to fill a museum with all the collectibles and a special room with the MySim statues with a painting of the legacy sim that embodied them behind.
    And thank you so much for keeping this challenge alive and up to date ❤️
    Remmo wrote: »
    I love this idea and can’t wait to get home and begin! It’s super creative without being overly onerous with point tracking etc and a great way to use the collections. To be honest, I’ve being playing The Sims since Sims 1 and I had no idea we had a collections tracking tab in the inventory xD until I read your challenge!!! I’m a bit worried that over the entire span of the legacy I shall accidentally do something to reset the household tracking, but fingers crossed. I plan to fill a museum with all the collectibles and a special room with the MySim statues with a painting of the legacy sim that embodied them behind.
    And thank you so much for keeping this challenge alive and up to date ❤️

That's so sweet!! I try my best but I definitely have been extremely busy with classes this semester so I hope to update it again soon!!! A museum sounds like such a good idea, it might get a little confusing sometimes I know when I take collections out of my inventory it can say you don't actually have the collection...? I don't know xD
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif
  • RemmoRemmo Posts: 597 Member
    alexis3142 wrote: »
    it might get a little confusing sometimes I know when I take collections out of my inventory it can say you don't actually have the collection...? I don't know xD

You’re absolutely right, keeping track of the new items from collections has been crazy, but I’m sticking with it as it’ll be nice for posterity 🤪 I’m definitely going to need a bigger museum as the collections are vast! But there is definitely a little adrenaline rush each time I get a new collectible and have to rush to the museum to log it before I mess up 😏

But the thing I’m really loving is that your challenge, by its very nature, is introducing me to SO many new aspects of the game that I’ve never done before. It’s literally impossible to get bored as there’s just so much to do!!! And I’m only on gen 3!

So far I’ve done Dr.F (twice, as my first game bugged) and then Tobor (mainly thanks to a very Randy ufo that seems to impregnate any sim that’s on my lot at 10pm on an almost nightly basis 😆) and Alexa Lexington (also 👽… said ufo!) has just become a young adult too. Can’t wait to see which MySim she will bring into the game next 😁

@alexis3142 I’d love to hear how your MySims is going 😊

• Jackiester626Jackiester626 Posts: 5 New Member
    I love how hard you worked on this challenge. Each generation is so well thought out. I look forward to completing one of my other challenges so I can give this one a shot.
  • MossyMeowMossyMeow Posts: 54 Member
    Started the challenge back in October and am currently on Gen 4. I've been having a blast! Was initially going to blog it, but decided that would be a little too much work, especially since it had been a while since I had attempted any kind of legacy challenge. I have been taking far too many screenshots, though, and keeping track of the family tree.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I keep wanting to get back to this because it's such an awesome challenge but my life is a roller coaster right now.

Just wanted to pop in and enjoy the fact people are playing it and once again say awesome challenge.
    Onto Gen 6 now, and still having a great time with the challenge, though it’s still a strange feeling leaving behind each generation. I love all my sims so much, it’s sad to see them go! I’ve combined the two different Violet generations into one, so I’ve been playing her as a style influencer good vampire. Her husband, on the other hand, is an evil vampire (public enemy aspiration) and a kleptomanic. It’s so much fun breaking into houses to drink people’s plasma and steal their stuff. I need to play evil sims more often!
  • Designergirl81Designergirl81 Posts: 33 Member
    First of all, I have to tell you how much I am loving the challenge so far. I have finished Gen 1 and my founder not only completed the chef career she also opened a 5-star restaurant. I have had sims visit restaurants before but it had been years since I had a sim own one. I was a lot of fun. I am currently playing Gen 2 (DJ Candy) and I made her friends Luke and Sapphire. I don't often focus on friendships (more families) in the game so playing a Sim with her BFFs is something new for me. The party animal aspiration isn't one I play often so it is been fun and challenging trying the different party/event types. I know you didn't make it part of the challenge but my goal is to earn a gold-level event in every one of the party types. So far I have had a gold birthday, toddler playdate, dinner party, spooky party, house party, and weenie roast.

I have been playing it as an alphabet legacy with each generation starting with a new letter of the alphabet. I see with the extra/optional generations that you added there would 25 generations. Do you have plans to add any more? I know you updated the challenge for Cottage Living but wondered if you planned to incorporate anything from Werewolves or the upcoming High School pack.

I do have one suggestion for Generation 12 (I am not there yet but was reading ahead) Buddy. His description is "There is no better sidekick than your ol' pal, Buddy. Supportive, optimistic, and fiercely loyal, he'll stick by your side through any adventure. Last seen moonlighting as a special agent.". In your challenge you have him working as a Civil Designer and completing the Eco Innovator Aspiration. When I get to Gen 12 I am thinking of modifying this and having him complete the Special Agent Career Diamond Agent Branch and as his "undercover mission" complete the Strangerville Mystery. Just something I am pondering.

Anyway great challenge. Super fun!
    I second the Strangerville suggestion. I like the idea of incorporating Eco Lifestyle into the challenge, but it would make more sense for him to be a secret agent, or maybe a detective. Plus, Strangerville’s a lot of fun. I might have to borrow your idea, Designergirl81.

On a related note, I’m thinking of adding rock climbing as well as skiing and/or snowboarding to the Chaz generation, since he’s a thrill seeker. Maybe the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration?

Also, is anyone else’s party animal aspiration broken? I couldn’t get the goals to check off, so I had to substitute it with Friend of the World. I still threw a bunch of parties, though, so I counted it.
    Update: Unfortunately, I had to give up on the five-star vet hospital goal for Hopper’s generation, as it no matter what I tried I couldn’t get it to earn that final star. Also not sure the fair ribbons collection is working, either; the egg competition seems to be broken. I’m still going to count it, but it’s frustrating.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    @MossyMeow Your comment is very helpful. Thanks. Sorry it wasn't working for you.
    MossyMeow wrote: »
    Update: Unfortunately, I had to give up on the five-star vet hospital goal for Hopper’s generation, as it no matter what I tried I couldn’t get it to earn that final star. Also not sure the fair ribbons collection is working, either; the egg competition seems to be broken. I’m still going to count it, but it’s frustrating.

I had the same issue in a different challenge that I was playing. I upgraded everything, had the most expensive decor/furniture, nothing would get me the 5th star. So what I did as a work around was run the vet clinic until I had earned enough perks for the Vet coat.

I had the same issue in a different challenge that I was playing. I upgraded everything, had the most expensive decor/furniture, nothing would get me the 5th star. So what I did as a work around was run the vet clinic until I had earned enough perks for the Vet coat.

Oeh, I like this idea. I'm currently in the beginning of gen 5 and I already found out that getting 5 stars is insanely difficult to almost impossible; so I might change the rules a bit too.
    Does anyone know if servos can gain skills like regular sims, or are they like plumbots in the Sims 3? I’m thinking of doing Gen 8 as an actual robot, while doing Alexa at the same time so she can have the heirs. Poppy hasn’t even aged up to YA yet, so I have plenty of time.
    I used a potion of youth on Poppy because I spent her entire young adulthood just playing around with the elements of Cottage Living I didn’t get around to in Hopper’s generation. I also made her a spellcaster, so that’s been a lot of fun as well. I’m going to try and use the wishing well to wish for a child this generation, to fit the magical theme. At some point I also need to change her parents and brother back into humans, since they’re currently vampires.
    In regards to adding other/optional generations. I was looking at what careers aren't in this challenge. As not only is this challenge based on the MySims, I also really like the thought of it being an achievement/collecting everything/yada-yada kind of challenge. So the main careers that aren't included so far are:
    Business
    Civil Designer
    Critic
    Detective **added Officer Ginny
    Education **added Professor Nova
    Engineer **added Alexa Lexington
    Law
    Military
    Painter
    Politician
    Style Influencer **added Ms. Nicole Vogue

So I might go in and add careers to generations that fit (please help if you have any ideas! haha!), but I'm also gonna be adding more extra/optional generations based on MySims that aren't trophies. For example, for the education career, I found the MySim Professor Nova. She is a space lover who also teaches at a university. Another example would be the MySim Officer Ginny, she could match with the detective career! So I'll just be adding those today and what not let me know if you guys have any critiques or ideas! I'm always open to hearing your thoughts, its very helpful!! I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well!

I want to play this as a 26 generation legacy with each generation being named after a different letter of the alphabet. I know there are 20 MySims Trophies and you also found a few additional ones to bring it up to 24. I was looking online for some other options (to get to 26) and here are some I thought might work for some of the careers you listed.

Civil Designer or Politics - Mayor Rosalyn
    That’s it! It’s time to turn this town around! You do what you do best: build and design. Your devoted Mayor Rosalyn P. Marshall will do what she does best: paperwork! She knows no greater excitement than filling out a form and then signing her name at the bottom. Filing important papers, writing important letters, signing important bills, stacking papers in a neat little pile. It sounds tedious, but Rosalyn honestly loves it.

I thought she could fit the politician career since she is the mayor. But the description also mentions "build and design" as well "turn this town around" so that could work for the Civil Designer career and Eco Lifestyle Aspiration.

Business - Dolly Dearheart
    Dolly Dearheart was once a little girl who loved to play dress-up. Today, she's the president and CEO of DressCo, the Dress-Up Company. She provide costume solutions to more than 65,000 boys and girls every day.

Dolly could work in the Business Career management branch but could also open up a retail store selling clothes. The knitting aspiration could tie in with this as well as Dolly could knit items to sell in her clothing store. It also mentions in the bio for Dolly that she is rich so the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration could work as well.

• Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    In regards to adding other/optional generations. I was looking at what careers aren't in this challenge. As not only is this challenge based on the MySims, I also really like the thought of it being an achievement/collecting everything/yada-yada kind of challenge. So the main careers that aren't included so far are:
    Business
    Civil Designer
    Critic
    Detective **added Officer Ginny
    Education **added Professor Nova
    Engineer **added Alexa Lexington
    Law
    Military
    Painter
    Politician
    Style Influencer **added Ms. Nicole Vogue

So I might go in and add careers to generations that fit (please help if you have any ideas! haha!), but I'm also gonna be adding more extra/optional generations based on MySims that aren't trophies. For example, for the education career, I found the MySim Professor Nova. She is a space lover who also teaches at a university. Another example would be the MySim Officer Ginny, she could match with the detective career! So I'll just be adding those today and what not let me know if you guys have any critiques or ideas! I'm always open to hearing your thoughts, its very helpful!! I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well!

I want to play this as a 26 generation legacy with each generation being named after a different letter of the alphabet. I know there are 20 MySims Trophies and you also found a few additional ones to bring it up to 24. I was looking online for some other options (to get to 26) and here are some I thought might work for some of the careers you listed.

Civil Designer or Politics - Mayor Rosalyn
    That’s it! It’s time to turn this town around! You do what you do best: build and design. Your devoted Mayor Rosalyn P. Marshall will do what she does best: paperwork! She knows no greater excitement than filling out a form and then signing her name at the bottom. Filing important papers, writing important letters, signing important bills, stacking papers in a neat little pile. It sounds tedious, but Rosalyn honestly loves it.

I thought she could fit the politician career since she is the mayor. But the description also mentions "build and design" as well "turn this town around" so that could work for the Civil Designer career and Eco Lifestyle Aspiration.

Business - Dolly Dearheart
    Dolly Dearheart was once a little girl who loved to play dress-up. Today, she's the president and CEO of DressCo, the Dress-Up Company. She provide costume solutions to more than 65,000 boys and girls every day.

Dolly could work in the Business Career management branch but could also open up a retail store selling clothes. The knitting aspiration could tie in with this as well as Dolly could knit items to sell in her clothing store. It also mentions in the bio for Dolly that she is rich so the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration could work as well.

LOVE your addictions. Definitely gonna add them to my play of the challenge
    I’m now up to Generation 8 or 9, I believe. I was going to have Dr. F be a wishing well child, since I heard you can get a child with the genius trait if you give enough money, but I couldn’t get it to work (I kept on getting the free adoption call instead). Eventually, I decided to have Poppy be aromantic and try out the new woohoo partners system with one of the creature keepers instead, which was fun. I ended up naming my Dr. F Frederick. Unfortunately, I realized late in Poppy’s generation that I hadn’t been keeping a good record of collections, since I had switched saves at the point, and then did so again at the start of Fredrick’s generation. I know I completed the experimental recipe photos, feathers, and frogs, but not ribbons (as the egg competition was bugged - it didn’t give me a notification, not even to say I lost), fish, gardening (I think I had everything but the trash fruit ‘collected’, but I wanted to have one of every plant from base game actually on my lot), or insects (Seasons makes that so collection so difficult!).

Recently, I built a museum (actually a retail lot, but use your imagination) for the family. It turned out pretty well, although the back is incomplete and the inside is mostly empty, as I have yet to figure out a proper floor plan. I have managed to complete crystals, geodes, elements, MySims trophies, and most recently microscope prints, and have them all on the lot. I also completed metals, but I used / sold some of them during the scientist career, so I’m trying to get them back again so I can display. I might cheat the experimental food photos, feathers, and frogs using buydebug, since I did complete them in my other save.

I’m doing a dual generation of T.O.B.O.R, who’s a servo in this save, and the Alexa optional generation. I previously did this with Hopper and Nova, since I wanted to have something else to work on while I tried (and failed) to finish the fishing collection. Alexa was an alien abduction baby, but unfortunately she inherited her dad’s spellcaster life state, so she is not an alien as well. I am, however, planning for her to marry a beautiful half-alien woman. I’m so excited for the next generation of Sims!

Recently, I built a museum (actually a retail lot, but use your imagination) for the family. It turned out pretty well, although the back is incomplete and the inside is mostly empty, as I have yet to figure out a proper floor plan. I have managed to complete crystals, geodes, elements, MySims trophies, and most recently microscope prints, and have them all on the lot. I also completed metals, but I used / sold some of them during the scientist career, so I’m trying to get them back again so I can display. I might cheat the experimental food photos, feathers, and frogs using buydebug, since I did complete them in my other save.

I’m doing a dual generation of T.O.B.O.R, who’s a servo in this save, and the Alexa optional generation. I previously did this with Hopper and Nova, since I wanted to have something else to work on while I tried (and failed) to finish the fishing collection. Alexa was an alien abduction baby, but unfortunately she inherited her dad’s spellcaster life state, so she is not an alien as well. I am, however, planning for her to marry a beautiful half-alien woman. I’m so excited for the next generation of Sims!

I am thinking about doing Poppy and Violet as a dual generation since they are supposed to be sisters. I am not a huge fan of vampires and really don't want to have vampire children. Therefore, I was thinking about playing them as part of the same generation but have one of Poppy's kids continue as the next heir. I like the idea of doing a dual generation for TOBOR and Alexa as well. I love the idea of creating a museum for the family collections. I built a family graveyard (actually a park) for all of the sim and pet urns. The founder and heir tombstones are above ground surrounded by flowers and trees. Then there is a basement mausoleum with the urns of all the spares and their families.

edited March 2023
    Hi all!
    Super sorry I've been missing for so long, its been really crazy. Graduated college, and I've been job searching for so long, thankfully I finally found a full time job thats starting in June and I'm super super excited! Life has been all of the place, my gaming laptop broke and I lost everything D: Just totally had to redo my setup, built a new desk cause ill be working from home too but I finally have a computer again! I've been reading through all your comments and suggestions today and I was thinking of going through each generation and reworking/updating! I can't wait for the new pack so I figured with my regained passion I would visit the challenge again!
    If I change a generation you have already finished no worries at all! I have loved hearing all your ideas and I defiently would love to implement some, you all have been so amazing and I'm really happy you all have tried this challenge! If you have any more suggestions, whether it be arrangement of generations, suggestions, or reworks i'd love to hear more! :)
    Post edited by alexis3142 on
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    3cyI.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top