Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hourglass Legacy Saga. RETURNS!!!

Comments

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Did not expect that revelation.
  • LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    @VanPelt81 Lol....I knew I had to come up with an interesting twist, and figured a bit of Manchurian candidate would be a good fit
    Sorry for the late posts guys and girls, I have been juggling a couple of other projects, including my next foray into a new Simlit, more on that later, for now, as promised here is another chapter of The Hourglass Legacy, as we head into the homestretch leading up to the finale.

Chapter Twenty-Seven

vrCNNTN.png
    x38eF6A.png

Decisions are made, alliances forged, destiny's accepted.
    Chapter Twenty-Eight

qv47wap.png
    Mickey calls in some "old friends" for help
    Glad to see Mickey getting a new crew & also like seeing the BASE crew with a plan.
    Aunt Kat doesn't seem to have long in this world though
    @VanPelt81
    Yeah things are getting interesting for sure, and yes...poor Kat...just happen to get on this minute to post next chapter...
    edited December 2020
    Chapter Twenty-Nine

1OUlhYp.png
    Jason confronts his Aunt Kat
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Surprises galore!
    @AudreyFld
    You know me, I am full of surprises lol...
    edited December 2020
    Chapter Thirty

JUU2GFo.png
    Kat and Enid take a little trip through Jason's mind.
    edited December 2020
    A little Merry Christmas present from me to all my readers. Another chapter from The Hourglass Legacy

Chapter Thirty-One

XjmUmiO.png
    Enid And Kat continue their trip through Jason's mind.
    These chapters where they're in going through Jason's mind remind me of this quest from Fallout 4...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDofJDNZijw
    @VanPelt81 I never played Fall Out, I actually got the inspiration to do this from one of my favorite shows, Arrow, a couple of times they went inside people's heads to retrieve their souls after being lowered into a Lazarus Pit.
    edited December 2020
    Chapter Thirty-Two

FwNtSk4.png
    Jerry and his team arrive in San Myshuno
    I half expected Archer to walk out of the room with everyone else.
    lol @AudreyFld
    I actually thought about having everything from the point Jason entered that cell to be a dream, but I felt that might be a cop out, but
    we might see Archer one last time before the end. Which is coming up fast. Only a few chapters left.
    edited December 2020
    We are finally coming to the end of one of the most fulfilling projects I have ever done. This is the first big project I have ever shared with an audience. And I promise you it won't be my last. You may have noticed the new Siggy banner. I am writing one last Hourglass saga, before I finally put it on the shelf, and move on to other things. Yes a new Simlit will be included in that, which I will be announcing fairly soon. In the meantime....I want to take some time to thank everyone for reading this story, through all it's craziness. THe Hourglass Legacy for me, has been a learning experience, and I had one of the best teachers throughout the process I can't thank enough. @AudreyFld taught me everything about Mods, and helped me in a lot of ways, make the story it was. Beyond simply allowing me to piggy back on her great saga New Beginnings she often talked me out of my more...out there ideas and patiently listened to my insane rants.
    I also can't go on without thanking both @Maladi777 and @pammiechick whose stories The Heffner Legacy and Day and Night respectively, which inspired my own work. They were also very generous with letting me use their characters, Camden Hammond and The Salvatore Family.
    And finally I have to thank all of you readers, for your comments and encouragement. And the characters you submitted to mine and Audrey's Casting Call, giving me even more toys to play with. I hope you guys enjoy the FINAL installment (I know I know I have said that before but this time I really mean it) of THe Hourglass Legacy
    Did not expect Jason to be brainwashed by that person. Can't wait to see how this goes down.
    @VanPelt81 It's going to be interesting for sure....
    Hi Beloved Readers and fellow Simmers!!!
    I just wanted to pop in and give you guys an update, I haven't started on Lost Years yet, but I will be working on it in the coming couple of weeks. I am simply waiting for my birthday check to clear so I can get University, seeing as we will be exploring Jason's college years. as well as Archer's years between leaving Newcrest to his reappearance as the big man at BASE. I promise it is going to be a fun ride.
    edited March 2021
    Hello all, just a quick update on the new Hourglass Legacy saga...

Now I want to be honest with my readers why I am doing this. As I have said in the before, I did not know what I was doing when I started writing The Hourglass. When I decided to give The Hourglass a proper ending, I knew I wanted to do a sort of retrospective type of story where I would be looking back at the past, after reading the stories (particularly the older ones) I decided to take Jason's story, and use it as an opportunity to retell The Hourglass Legacy, more or less giving the continuity a sort of soft reboot, and allowing me to do a little tweaking to the story as well as redo screenshots, so this version of the story will have more consistency than the first.

Pretty much anything from the original narrative is subject to change with one exception. One thing that will remain pretty much unchanged, are the stories where I crossed over with New Beginnings written by good friend @AudreyFld. The only changes there might be are the motives or perspective of my characters, or a maybe a side plot. EVERYTHING that takes place in Audrey's story will remain in tact.

You might be asking how I plan to pull this insanity off. Well, I will using the Godfather II model, where we will be taking a look back at the early days of Garret and Mickey's career in the "past", as we follow Jason and Archer's parallel story in the "present" (sim time is kinda of confusing).
    Now as you can imagine this is going to be a pretty big undertaking. So, I will be dividing the story into several parts...starting with...

Part One: Lost years
    Blue Hearts will focus on a young Conner "C.B." Blake and his two younger siblings, Garret, and Maria.
    Identity Crisis will focus on the story of "present day" Jason Blake and his alternate personality,
    Dorian "Rey" Reynard and their rise (and possible fall)

Part Two:
    Sins of the Fathers will focus on Garret's son, Mickey and and Conner's son, Conner Wade (C.W.).
    The Prodigal will focus on the story of Archer Kendal as he tries to find his
    Place in the Blake Dynasty.

Part Three: will be the finale(for the Blake Family sagas), that will bring the "past" and "present" together.

I say all that to say this....
    WELCOME TO THE ALL NEW HOURGLASS LEGACY!!!Zdc9t9p.png
    Post edited by LONESTAR2330 on
    Sounds quite interesting and should be fun! Good luck pulling it all together!
    @AudreyFld Thanks I am going to need it!!! Lol
    edited March 2021
    For the reasons mentioned above I am going to be doing a bit of a reboot of The Hourglass Legacy.
    Starting with.....
    oHRg3qC.png
    This will be retelling the story of Garret's early days, soon after his father is murdered, he leaves Garret a book, entitled, The Legacy, that leads Garret to some of San Myshuno's and The Blake Family's darkest secrets.
    2xZCd5q.png
    At the same time, Garret's grandson, Jason is dealing with his alternate self, Dorian "Rey" Reynard, who claims that (Garret) gave him instructions to find something called The Hourglass. As Jason struggles to keep Rey from taking control, he is pulled into his grandfather's dark world.
    Post edited by LONESTAR2330 on
    edited April 2021
    Update!!!

Hello fellow Simmers!!!

First and foremost....I want to announce that I will start posting the first chapters of The Hourglass Legacy: Lost Years this next week.

Now as I have said in previous posts, Lost Years is going to be a re write of the Orginal Hourglass Legacy with better screenshots and more consistent narrative. It will be written as a retrospective kind of story, going all the way back to the first Generation, and I will be using a similar model that was used in the iconic movie The Godfather II, and more recently my favorite show, Arrow, where we will be exploring the first two Generations of the Blake Family in the flashback stories, and in "present day" we will follow the third generation.

Here is a small preview...
    s0c59t2.png
    "Despite what you might believe, I am not a hallucination. At least not in the sense that I don't exist." Rey said. "I very much exist, but unfortunately the gods have a wicked sense of humor, and trapped us in the same body. I believe medical scientist call it Dissociative Identify Disorder."
    Jason simply tried to ignore Rey, hoping this illusions or whatever it was would give up and quit bothering him.
    "I can make the nightmares end." Rey finally said.
    Jason suddenly stopped in his tracks, when Rey mentioned the nightmares. For months Jason had been having these awful dreams, where he became possessed and killed his entire family.
    "You can see them too?" Jason asked.
    "I don't just see them." Rey said. "I know what they mean."
    "What?" Jason asked with a smirk in his tone. "You a dream interpreter now?"
    "No." Rey said. "But I have context you don't, that gives me an understanding of the nightmare you have been having, where I break free and you go on a killing spree against the whole family."