Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hourglass Legacy Saga. RETURNS!!!

Comments

• Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    If you decide not to continue this story, PLEASE come back and give us a summary of how it ends. We love this story.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    @Skcaga6 I will likely do a short mini-series down the road to tie up a few loose ends. I haven't decided yet. Also working on a new story called Time Marches On, should start posting by May.
    I have put up a new Siggy to announce that I am starting a new site, where I will have links to all of my Simlit's I will be writing. Including The Hourglass Legacy which is currently on hiatus, but I plan to finsih it up with a Mini-Series which will tie up all the loose ends at some point. Also on there will be my new Simlit called Time Marches On, which be a retelling of The Hourglass Legacy going all the way back to the birth of the Outfit in the year 1919. We will see many new characters and eventually see some familiar faces as well. So you don't want to miss that. So be sure to follow the new site so you can keep up on updates. I will be making my first post of the new story sometime in early May (want to get a head start on some chapters first.) I will also be posting a new casting call, in the near future and starting a new Forum for Time Marches On. I will keep you guys updated on developments.
    edited March 2019
    I got a new thread up with the links to the new site, plus I posted a character profile. Check it out here And don't forget to follow!!!
    edited April 2019
    edited April 2019
    I have had a few requests to do a few wrap up chapters of The Hourglass
    so here you guys go. It will continue for a few new chapters. I will also begin be giving you updates and sneak peeks into my up coming saga, Time Marches On

Dynasties/ Chapter Nineteen

DUlGDac.png
    Mickey takes over the Outfit
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Mickey makes me very, very afraid. I am more frightened of him than I ever was of Garrett.... :#
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Mickey makes me very, very afraid. I am more frightened of him than I ever was of Garrett.... :#

@AudreyFld Yes Mickey has gone over to the dark side a bit. Part of it might be an act, but I also think some of it too is that Garret was comfortable in this world, much more so than Mickey was. Mickey didn't come back out of retirement and done what he has done because he wanted to, but because he felt he had to. Only way he can do what he feels he needs to do is become detached and cold.
    Dynasties Chapter Twenty

gyTm4ze.png
    "Grandma" pays the family a visit
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    I’m starting to wonder if Tony and (by extension his daughter) are magical? Since how else could the two of them always there before Mickey or (other person).
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I’m starting to wonder if Tony and (by extension his daughter) are magical? Since how else could the two of them always there before Mickey or (other person).

Lol perhaps, however in my and @AudreyFld universe, Willow Creek is much closer than San Myshuno which is where Mickey was. However these two seem to always show up at the right time and right place. I think in terms of strategic thinking, Mickey made the right choice getting them onside.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Grandma made for a terrible house guest what with being murderous towards her grand kids and then dying & making a mess after death (both the blood & the brown stuff in her pants). Worst uninvited house guest ever.
    @VanPelt81 yeah not the house guest I would want showing up lol..and your right...the mess left behind...ugh
    edited April 2019
    Dynasties Chapter Twenty-One

ZFwdjZU.png
    In light of recent events, Mickey and Nicky discuss their future.
    Post edited by LONESTAR2330 on
    As you guys may have figured out I have decided to go ahead and finish Dynasties before moving on to my new saga Time Marches On which will be a sort of prequel/reboot/retelling of the original saga.
    Right now however I wanted to take a minute and reflect on my journey thus far and thank a few people for their influence and generosity.

When I first began The Hourglass I was very new to the Sims community, and also very new to the idea of simlit and custom content. I had written a saga called Time Marches On in sims 2, which was mediocre at best, and was basically just telling the Bella Goth/Brandi broke story through the eyes of my character. When I began The Hourglass I used what I did there as a sort of foundation to begin what you have read, and over a very short time it took a life of it's own

I have many to thank for my growth so far as a writer of Simlit, it would and a near impossible l task for me to name everyone, but her are a few shout outs. My two biggest fans @VanPelt81 and @Skcaga6 as well as @Munterbacon (Who submitted many of the gangsters and bit players fir me to use) and @Charliimai (Mazarine Leon aka Mari was her submission) who submitted some of the most important characters in The Hourglass

I also have @Maladi777 and @pammiechick to thank for the encouragement they have given me and giving me new inspirations upon reading their stories, The Heffner Legacy and Day & Knight both of which star the ever popular Tony Corleonsi. If you don't know this name then you are not a true Simlit fan, the man is a legend, and his legend grew even more in my story, thanks to encouragement and suggestions from @Maladi777 who has been very gnerous with her constructive critiques and sharing with me how I might improve upon ideas. @pammiechick (even though she was unaware of it until perhaps now) was also a great influence, especially after I read her own saga, Day & Knight which is one of the great Simlit masterpieces in my opinion, and gave me many great ideas, particularly when I was in a a slump.

The person I have the most to thank for my growth however, to nobody's surprise is my friend @AudreyFld The crossovers with New Beginningswas a good experience for me, and I enjoyed it immensely. She helped me bring in readers I might not of otherwise had, taught me all about the poses, CC to that enhances my saga and for that I am very grateful.

I am not wrapping up my first Simlit experience, to start anew, with all I have learned. I hope many of you will be along for the ride, once I continue the journey with me as I bring The Hourglass to a close and begin a whole new adventure in Time Marches On

Sincerely

Lonestar

• Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Thanks for the mention. You definitely are an inspiration yourself. When I first came upon your story (thanks to @AudreyFld), I didn't know what to expect. I was then pleasantly surprised by how well plotted your story and how mature your writing was. I'll be joining you for the next ride.
    Keep up the good work!
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @LONESTAR2330 - You have such complex and imaginative ideas and have helped me as well! Thanks so much for that. It's been a fun and challenging experience to sort of merge some of the characters in our stories and keep them on a similar timeline! :) I am looking forward to your next story!
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Such kind words! Thank you so much! You made my night! (And you’re right. I had no idea my writing influenced yours. So happy it did!)

You’ve really grown as a writer and it’s been fun to watch (and see all those characters die! Eek!) It’s been great to see the crossover too!

I’m following your stories, so I’ll be reading! B) Here’s to all the drama! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Thanks for the mention. You definitely are an inspiration yourself. When I first came upon your story (thanks to @AudreyFld), I didn't know what to expect. I was then pleasantly surprised by how well plotted your story and how mature your writing was. I'll be joining you for the next ride.
    Keep up the good work!

@Maladi777 I am very glad you are enjoying my story. I look ofrward to the critques you will be giving me for my next saga, which I hope will begin in May, if I can finish the Hourglass by then.

@pammiechick You are very welcome! I speak the truth! I am glad you are enjoying the saga. The crossover for me has been a lot of fun, I know for @AudreyFld too, despite how much work it has been, and it's not done yet, we have one more surprise planned before we say goodbye to The Hourglass, and don't be surprised if the Blake's still show up here and there in @AudreyFld story. Knowing her she won't be able to quiet let them disappear completely.

@AudreyFld It had been a hell of a ride hasn't it? Thank you for your kind words on my writing. I have you to thank for so much of my fan base. I am looking forward to the next saga myself, just want to wrap up Hourglass to keep me from bouncing back and forth lol. We will have to do another crossover at some point, this time maybe plan it a bit better from the beginning. We sort of jumped in and hit the gas this first go round.
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Thanks for the mention and the wild ride you've taken us on! Looking forward to what comes next (or before if we're going by chronology :D )
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    @Munterbacon Thank you, we will be going back...waaaayyy back.
    edited April 2019
    We are coming up on the final chapters five chapters of The Hourglass Legacy It was supposed to only be three but I had to split two chapters due to length.

This has been an amazing adventure for me. I have many people to graciously thank, which I did in a recent post. The Hourglass Legacy has been a host of twist and turns and crazy twists. We have seen characters grow physically, emotionally and even mentally in the last two years. I would take a minute to tell you some of my favorite and most heart breaking moments in the course of writing this, and give you a little behind the scenes look into what made this story so special and fun for me to write.

oECdTf8.jpg
    The image above is of the primary family/families that starred The Hourglass Legacy The Blake's and the Wyatt's. What perhaps made these characters so special and real to me is the fact they were loosely based on my own family. The Blake's were based on my dad's side and the Wyatt's were based on my mother's side. Now of course none of the story is based on the truth. But the character traits and the many of the personalities are.
    When I started this saga I had something very specific in mind, but luckily, and to my surprise, @AudreyFld agreed to collaborate with me with her story New Beginnings and the story went in a totally different direction. For the better in my opinion despite the challenges.

Originally it was just supposed to be vague, with The Outfit taking over Ben's...business venture and Helen simply being the liaison between the corporation who was backing Ben and Leroy in the building of Newcrest.

qDMWXLM.png

Then....the Second Generation happened and SS Icky (coined by the ever so awesome @CitizenErased14 ) was born.
    When Audrey was writing her series and the Cole and Nicky relationship, I fell in love with the character. I was on that "Cocky" ship, but I knew early on it was not to be. When Cole and Nicky fell out, I wanted to explore the character a bit further, so Audrey and I worked out a story where Mickey and Nicky would date in college. I originally intended for Nicky to break things off with Mickey after she found out about his criminal ways, then Mickey would go on and marry Lisa Wyatt, Randy's daughter. Alas, that was not to be. I feel in love with these two, and they were such a perfect blend. Mickey's growth and Nicky's were very different but they began going down a similar path and I got to where I could not see Mickey with anyone else. It changed the entire dynamic of my story, and the ever so famous SS Icky...became the driving force of the series, going into my final chapters as you will see.

TTEHtps.png

My favorite moment of the whole series however was Generation One Chapter Nineteen

For those of you who have forgotten, Randy and his nanny, in an interesting Oedipus way, had a love child, after one crazy night with too much to drink. Shortly after Helen and Randy got together. So here we were with Randy dating Helen and his former nanny, Riya about to have his child. General Hospital couldn't have set up a better scenario. One night Randy surprises Helen with a romantic dinner and proposes to her, and almost as if on cue, after Randy had slipped the ring on Helen's finger, Randy gets a the call that Riya has gone int labor. After dealing with a somewhat irritating situation at the front desk, Randy and Helen go in and are with Riya when she has a beautiful baby daughter, whom they name after Helen's later mother, Katrina.

A few chapters later, Riya ends up with Garret and the most complicated family structure is formed. (Originally Garret was supposed to wind up with Linh, Helen's college roommate.)

This is getting quiet lengthy so I won't go through the whole story, you will have to read it here

I hope you guys enjoyed the story and much as I loved writing it, and will join me on my next saga which I am already preparing. It has been a hell of ride. The next story will be a bit more organized, and likely read better than this one, but there will always be something special about this story for me. Partly due to the personal aspects concerning my family I put into my characters, but also perhaps, because The Hourglass[/b] was my first...and there is always something special about your first.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    I didn't think this story was disorganised
    6adMCGP.gif