Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @bekkasan: Great chapters.
    Adorable that they ran to their dads. :)
    :) Smile!

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Adam's Quest

Adam and Marshall are happy to be home with their family. The little ones don't want to let go of their Dad's and cling tightly afraid they might leave again. Both Dad's reassure the toddlers they are not going away. They are welcomed home by Wisteria and Dedric and then give the kids rides on the spring riders.
    50378033948_e4faf204a1_o.jpg
    50378033903_953debd1df_o.jpg

Alice introduces herself to Shadow, and he seems to be a very affectionate and gentle dog although a bit on the large size. She knows that Adam and Marshall with their wolf sense would be aware if Shadow had any evil in him. Adam tells her Victor sensed the dog was lonely and did not feel any harm in him. She talks with Shadow and tells him he must be gentle with the toddlers and guard them carefully. Shadow barks as if acknowledging his special duties.
    50378033858_517dc1e52d_o.jpg

Dedric cooks hamburgers on the outdoor grill that Alice and Jennifer bought. They enjoy the meal together as the sun goes down. The guys tease their wives about eating for two when both girls eat a second burger and a cupcake apiece that Wisteria brought out to the table.
    50378909442_064a40224f_o.jpg
    50378909382_d435e3c90a_o.jpg

Shadow watches the kids at play and hopes his good behavior will be rewarded with a hamburger from the grill.
    50378731866_a3502ecf73_o.jpg

After dinner, Dedric checks on Shadow and offers him a hamburger as a treat. "You are just a big puppy, aren't you Shadow?" Dedric gives the ecstatic dog a belly rub. He told Adam he would run to town to purchase some supplies for the dog, but Adam and Marshall had stopped briefly when they saw a pet store as they drove home. He unloads the dog supplies from the trunk of Adam's car and carries them into the house. Shadow follows him looking forward to more treats.
    50385774996_8b108e3620_o.jpg
    50385075648_d8b74c49f0_o.jpg

Dedric fixes a bowl of food for Shadow, but Shadow is not interested right now. He wants to find out what is in the box of goodies nearby. Oh boy, noisy chew toys!
    50385774961_d09473d6ec_o.jpg
    50385774901_c88b440f02_o.jpg

It is getting late. Dedric and Wisteria get their little ones to bed and enjoy a pot of tea while they relax and talk. Adam told Dedric earlier what happened in the mountains and he and Wisteria talk about it. Wisteria is concerned about how it will affect Adam. "All we can do is support him and be there for him as we always are. He told me Victor was able to sense his mind was disturbed and came to him in the mountains. He was able to help him come to terms and accept what happened was for the best and that it didn't change him."
    50385950207_9edb80206b_o.jpg

Marshall rocks Drew while Jennifer sits on the floor nearby. Drew falls asleep in his arms and Marshall talks softly telling Jennifer about what happened in the mountains.
    Jennifer looks worried. "I know you both are very strong and keep in shape fighting each other, but it is still worrisome! I hope nothing like this ever happens again."
    Marshall puts Drew in his crib, and he opens his eyes and tells Marshall, "I want big boy bed." Jennifer tells Drew "Daddy will move the bed tomorrow."
    Marshall helps Jennifer off the floor and they enjoy some private time together.
    50385774851_6b5261dba8_o.jpg
    50385075298_eab14e4a2a_o.jpg

Adam helps Alice get Kailena ready for bed. Kailena reaches out after being put in the crib. "Stay up, Daddy." Adam shakes his head no, knowing Kailena will fall asleep as her eyes are drooping already. "I love you, baby girl!"
    "Love you Daddy, not a baby now!" she murmurs as her little eyes flutter and sleep takes over.
    Adam looks over at Alice. "I sure have missed these little moments both with her and you and the baby to be." He reaches over and touches her belly. "I love you, little babe."
    He takes her hand, and they walk into their room and get ready for bed.
    50385075408_2bfb84ea35_o.jpg

They cuddle on the loveseat, and Adam tells Alice about Benot, the fight, the death, and how he felt afterward. "It was the hardest thing I've ever done. I didn't see any other way out. I was constantly thinking about it. I couldn't get it off my mind. Even finding my mother's remains didn't take it off my mind. Apparently, that is what called Dad to me. He knew I was upset about something, and he came."
    "How are you feeling about it now?" she asks him looking into his eyes.
    Adam gently kisses her lips. "I'm fine. Dad helped me to see I did what I had to do to protect my family and we talked about how things were for him back in his day. It doesn't make me any different than I've always been and will be in the future. I also realized Victor is my Dad as well as yours. He was there to teach me and love me and even get angry when I needed it. He drops whatever he is doing to help me. He's got my back. That is what Dad's do. I will always love him for that, so I decided it was past time to call him Dad. He looked surprised and happy, well, with what I could see out the window when I called him that."
    "He was! He went straight to Mom with the news."
    "You think I can call her Mom?
    "She will be thrilled!"
    50385950162_d47d8dc326_o.jpg
    50385950077_688b2da5cc_o.jpg
    50385950047_ea35b45aa4_o.jpg

Adam stands and helps Alice up. They share kisses and eventually move over to the bed. Alice is relieved that Adam's mind is eased from the events in the mountains. She is thankful Victor was able to help Adam deal with it and accept what happened. She whispers thanks to the Fates for keeping him safe and that he was the survivor in that battle. Alice is excited about their future in Dragon Valley surrounded by her family and loving friends.
    50385774561_67c1c7f0fc_o.jpg
    50385075168_5ef4dffd56_o.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    @bekkasan I gotta say can never get enough of this family. <3 I love how close they are to each other and how they stand with (and support) each other through ANYTHING! :star:<3 Nothing in life is too hard that they can't get through together. It reminds me of my own family. <3
    Aww, I love that picture with Adam and Marshall watching their kiddos on the spring riders. <3 (There's a cat one! :smiley: Sweet! )
    I have no doubt Shadow will be a good, protective dog. :blush:
    I like that outdoor grill set up. :) Seeing Dedric grill there makes me hungry for hotdogs. :yum:
    Shadow watches the kids at play and hopes his good behavior will be rewarded with a hamburger from the grill.
    ^Hee hee. EVERY dog's dream! :lol:
    Aww, Dedric rubbing Shadow's belly like the good boy that he is. <3 That's an adorable photo.
    Oh boy, noisy chew toys!
    ^LOL! :lol: Why we never have/had any in our house. ;) I wouldn't even let L have noisy baby toys. I made exceptions on a couple of them though because they were cool. :p
    I like the pattern you chose for the tablecloth on the tea set table. 👍 Very pretty. :)
    I think it's good the couples are talking about what happened so they can gain more understanding to know how to help and support Adam if need be.
    The toddler's comments to their parents were so adorable! :blush:
    Oh MY Marshall on the bed there showing off his gorgeous chest and chest hair! :love:*Fans self* Jennifer is such a lucky woman! :mrgreen:
    Yup, Adam kissing little Kailena there also made him see that he made the right choice, even though it was a very difficult one: to protect his family. His posterity. <3
    I also realized Victor is my Dad as well as yours. He was there to teach me and love me and even get angry when I needed it. He drops whatever he is doing to help me. He's got my back. That is what Dad's do.
    ^Indeed Adam. Indeed. <3 His whole conversation with Alice there had me all like, "Awwwwww" and I was practically holding my hand to my heart. I'm also glad to hear that he's accepting it and feeling good. 🙏
    Oh Gardenia would totally LOVE it if he called her Mom. <3 I can't wait to see that!
    Adam doesn't look bad shirtless there either. :smirk: (Forgive me for going off track again! :lol: )
    Such a beautiful chapter. <3 They are seriously my favorite sim family outside of my own. :blush: I very much look forward to more. :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

@emorrill I'm so happy you love my Ballan family and that they make you think of your own close-knit family!
    Yes, you know I had to have the cat spring rider! :grin:
    I'm not really sure where I got that pattern.
    I've been snapping pictures of the dog and the fun things he has been doing with the kids and the other family members. I need to get Alice a cat familiar now! :smiley: Perhaps after the babies come.
    hehe, I knew that picture of Marshall would get your attention! :wink:
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan It must feel great to be back home and to have the guys back home.
    Shadow looks lovely. I hope he will take good care of the toddlers. Alice's body language looks like she's a bit scared of him when introducing herself ;) .
    Good dog! I hope he got his burger! He did, excellent :) .
    I like the picture of Dedric rubbing the dog's belly <3 .
    Noisy chew toys - what could be better! Lol .
    The wall art behind Dedric and Wisteria drinking tea looks great and very suitable for fairies.
    I love the picture of Marshall and Jennifer cuddling in the bed...
    Aww, another super cute picture. This time of Adam and Kailena <3
    Alice seems to believe Adam is going to be ok and I hope she's right. Adam seems so much better after talking to Victor.

@meerkattime Hi! Thanks so much for your comments! :smiley::heart:
    I'm happy they are back home. I'm ready for the girls to have those babies!
    That turned out to be a great picture of Dedric and Shadow.
    I found that tapestry set a few months ago. It's wonderful to see stuff still being made for Sims 3.
    Yep, I think Adam will be ok.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @bekkasan : Awww! Shadow is such a good boy! Taking care of the children (to get a hamburger :p ) He will be the children´s best friend in the next years I think!
    Get rid of the greeny squeeking chewing toy, the Sims will get a bad moodlet from it and they react to the noise, it will help your nerves when you play with noise on. :D
    Have I read right and Alice wants a cat? You really wanna know what stress looks like, madam, right? 2 pets, 6 kids, 6 adults, dragons, a garden.... congratulations, we have a hoarder here! :D;)>:)

Alice and Jennifer spend a lot of money during their shopping tours through the shopping channels, hopefully they bought some powerful Roombas and Scoobas as well for all the fur the pets and the guys wear! :p

Good talk between Alice and Adam and how he feels about Victor! It is good to know that there is someone who unconditionally loves you!! <3
    So Alice and her mum talked about their husbands already? They guys w/could never do something without their wives knowing about, hm? :D

Next chapter: baby alarm!

The tapestry IS really beautiful! Do you eventually have a link for it? I´ve searched for a nice tapestry for a special fairy king and his new house but wasn´t able to find something appropriate! (I´m really not good in finding the right CC :s )

@AlexaKry I do think having Pets back in is going to be so much fun! hehe, I may be sorry but yeah, I think Alice needs a cat!!
    I may have to see if I can find a noiseless toy for Shadow to bite on for the destruction mood or a mod. Lol
    I do love my big families!
    Yes, Alice and Jennifer spent a fortune, but since they have about 10 fortunes it's all good! :grin: I've got to make room for the new babies. Marshall and Jennifer's house is a little small so may need to go up a level for the kids to have their own rooms as they get older. Or, I will plunk them all in 'dorm' style rooms in the main house. hehe, could be fun depending on how many kids I let them have. Stopping at 2 apiece for now.
    This is the link to the tapestries. Scroll down just a bit. EA Wall Tapestry Redone She has lots of cool things that I've downloaded. Many of her items are in the underground of Red Dragon Lair. I've got so much of her stuff I have it separated in several folders divided by Witcher or Dragon age, etc
    Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley::heart:
    Babies, soon I hope. I've got to get the Ballan family moved over soon.
    @bekkasan : thank you for the link! Murfeelee has so many useful and beautiful things, but I never find something on the side! It is a bit intricated and the color choice is a bit hurting in my eyes, so I´m thankful that you just had the direct link!
    Downloaded and installed!

A cat gives Alice a permanent +10 mood bonus if the cat is on the same lot as herself, because she is a witch, so I would take the next stray cat for her.
    Only the green chewing toys make such a noise, they cause a -10 moodlet because of the noice. I always take them out of the basket and either sell them or put them down in a pet´s park, should all the other visitors on this lots deal with the squeeking! :D

:D If you stop with 2 kids you still have 12 Sims to play with, happy hunting for them on the lot!

@AlexaKry You are welcome for the link! Some tumblrs are harder to find downloads on than others that is for sure. If I'm googling cc and I see Pinterest I stay away! :neutral: I love Murfee's stuff though and have so much of it downloaded. I still have one area in Adam's chambers under the manor that will eventually be explored that will use a lot more of her stuff! :grin: I'm still looking for more too. I have some of it in there, just not arranged yet. That will be another plotline in the future and yes, Rafe will come back for it.

I thought I remembered a witch got a perk having a cat. I'll have to do something about that after the babies!

hehe, all green toys will be sold!

Adam's Quest

The next few days pass by in a busy blur. The household feels secure and complete having Adam and Marshall back home. Adam and Marshall help with the little ones trying to keep Alice and Jennifer from lifting the toddlers and straining themselves. The toddler beds are set up for all the kids. Even Willow the youngest has a new bed.
    50385949887_32398d1593_b.jpg
    50427343542_e0d847124c_b.jpg
    50427165901_37c0b1e24a_b.jpg
    50427343512_015a509b98_b.jpg

It has been raining off and on. The Dad's entertain the restless toddlers by reading to them or playing indoor games. Willow is not interested in reading and wants to ride the 'kitty cat'. During a break in the rain, Wisteria lets her ride and play in the ball pit while she harvests the afternoon crop. She takes some of the extra fruits and vegetables over to the vacation home that Victor purchased as a house warming gift.
    50385074628_effe92e086_b.jpg
    50385074608_50c66524ab_b.jpg
    50385074538_eb68ca2fe7_b.jpg
    50385074493_ff8bc1b804_b.jpg

Alice cooks several meals and freezes them to have ready to eat meals once the babies come. She also cooks a few gourmet meals for Shadow.
    50385949457_f52acb749b_b.jpg
    50388785683_49f037ac7d_b.jpg

Alice and Jennifer develop the pregnant waddle as their due dates are soon. Marshall watches Jennifer leave for work concerned she is doing too much. She is close to promotion and is stubbornly insisting she is fit and capable of working. She is not going out with a crew right now. She is editing stories in the studio.
    50388786093_b5aaea0db8_b.jpg
    50389657287_2c369f53f2_b.jpg

The Willowisp's are invited over to visit. Adam is outside flying his dragon for Kailena when Nickolas and Anastasia arrive. Kailena hurries to her Grampa and is swung up in his arms as she giggles happily. Nickolas twirls her into Anastasia's arms. Laughing, Kailena tells her all about the new doggy.
    50389653272_5912c6a44d_b.jpg
    50389476981_1a7391c76f_b.jpg
    50389476486_d5f67e68e7_b.jpg

Adam had already talked with Nickolas on the phone about what happened in the forest before he recovered his mother's remains. They make plans to travel to the Fairy Kingdom together after the babies are born to place his mother's remains with Kailon. He told them he had talked with his Grandfather Aagda as well and he will expect them at a later date. The teens arrive after they finish their school activities. The family enjoys a delicious meal and visit together.
    50389649647_2987fabab6_b.jpg
    50388778333_e76772a423_b.jpg
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Adam's Quest
    50385074628_effe92e086_b.jpg

@bekkasan : Great update!
    I love this picture, it´s so sweet seeing this tiny little toddlers with their big daddies! I love the "reading with toddler" interaction, the toddlers are so immersed and when they make their tiny fists I always have to awwww. <3

So you let Wisteria harvest some vegetables as a welcoming present, let her bring them to the vacation home AND DON`T SHOW THE HOUSE???? You´re evil!!!!

I love the little toddler beds, they look much better than the cages EA provides (especially the white/yellow bar bed always reminds me on a jail and gives me nightmares sometimes, these beds could fit into an old abondened house where evil ghosts haunt....)
    Your beds are much more friendly! I like the pattern on the wall of Willow´s and Finissa´s room, is it CC?
    I like the mermaid theme in Kailena´s room, too!

Aww, the look Marshall gives Jennifer when she heads (well, better waddles! :D ) off to work! He is a bit over-protective that he thinks that she should stay home and can´t go to work, she is just pregnant! But I like that he cares for her so much! (btw: will she get to be a genie at some time?)

Granddad and grandma time! Nice to have them living near to them, they could be very good babysitter in the future! ;):p

I wonder where Adam has stuffed the remains of his mum atm? I wouldn´t feel very good if there were real human bones around in the house (I hope Shadow hasn´t discovered them already??!!)
    So after getting used to have even more children Adam goes back to the fairy realm, will he come back with a special teenager?? B)

Hehehe, you can have the most stylish living room, but when you have children the room always ends up looking as if it is a kindergarden, right?

I hope I don´t have to write it again: I can´t wait for the babies and some special guests!!! ;)

@AlexaKry I love the read to the toddlers as well. It is a great time for them to bond.
    So you let Wisteria harvest some vegetables as a welcoming present, let her bring them to the vacation home AND DON`T SHOW THE HOUSE???? You´re evil!!!!
    hehe, I had 25 pictures in that update! I had to cut some out. I try to keep it between 16-18 but sometimes do go over. At least, I didn't kill anyone! :tongue::cry: You are a braver writer than I am!
    I did show pictures of the house in my random creative corner thread. :smiley:
    I do love those toddler beds and usually, give them to the kids pretty soon after they learn to walk but with all the stuff going on in this save I forgot. :lol:
    I've had that pattern so long I thought it was a base game one. It is not in my Mary folder (her save is loaded) which doesn't have all my favorite patterns yet. I'm sure it is from the exchange because I only downloaded from the exchange when I first got patterns but have no idea who made it or what it is called. I will try to find it in the other save when I load it next and see if I can determine what it is called.
    Yes, when Adam goes to the realm he will bring a teen back with him. :grin: I'm sure he stored the bones respectfully and away from the dog!
    haha, I had to show time passed after they got home. :grin:
    I took so many pictures and still didn't share them all. I missed the toddlers!
    Sneak peek just for you and @emorrill and @PalmArrow (miss you!) if she is lurking (they also love my Victor)
    I was surprised the stove actually worked with all the clutter behind it. I was happy because it looks kinda cool. Didn't test the other oven yet. Gardenia was still sleeping :wink: so Victor surprises everyone by cooking. He's a good cook though. He lived alone for many centuries.
    50449822033_6a0f56741b_b.jpg
    edited October 2020
    @bekkasan I was so pleasantly surprised to see a Ballan Family story update from you when at my in-laws house. :blush: Just wish it had been quieter. :grimace:
    The next few days pass by in a busy blur.
    ^I feel like this has been my life lately. :(
    LOVE those toddler beds! 👍 I'm with AlexaKry, they feel more less like a jail for the littles. :lol: I love that fairy tale castle with the rainbows wallpaper. <3 Those pictures on the wall are so pretty too! One looks like Japanese Cherry Blossoms. :) CC?
    Lol, Willow is like I was as a child: Forget reading, I just wanna play! :lol: (Her in the ball pit. So cute! :blush: )
    That picture with the dad's reading to the kids though. <3<3 *Swoon*
    Great way to prepare for when the babies come Alice. 🙌 (I need to do more freezer meals to make life easier.)
    Aww, this picture:
    50389657287_2c369f53f2_b.jpg
    ^How he loves her and is so concerned for her. It's adorable. But I'm sure she's just fine Marshall. ;)<3
    Kailena hurries to her Grampa and is swung up in his arms as she giggles happily. Nickolas twirls her into Anastasia's arms. Laughing, Kailena tells her all about the new doggy.
    ^Love that so much! <3 I could totally picture it.
    I like Nickolas' shirt. :)
    I can't wait for more and to meet the new babies. :mrgreen:

Ohhh yes, Victor looks oh so sexy cooking there. :love: Glad the clutter didn't catch fire. :lol:
    @emorrill I got the update ready sooner than I thought I would. It was mostly just for time to pass since I kept pausing pregnancy. :lol: and I figured I'd share some of the pictures.
    I really like having the toddler beds too. The animations are still crib ones, but it is not too bad if you wait to take pics at the right time.
    The pictures are from a store set I think. There is a unicorn one and one other as well, just not visible in that picture.
    I love having the sims read to the toddlers. My toddler age is pretty long so I don't have to rush to get all the books finished. But I like the head start some of them give so I make sure they read them all. :grin:
    Marshall is a little bit overprotective. :lol: He knows his Jen though, she loves her job.
    Thanks re: Nicolas's shirt. I figured it was time for him to have something other than the more formal DV outfit. :grin:

Adam's Quest

The Ballan family arrive in Dragon Valley during the middle of the night. The kids enjoyed the experience of teleportation and traveling at night. They accomplished the teleportation in stages because it is safer for younger children. Despite the quickness of the travel, most are tired, and Victor suggests they find their rooms and sleep for a few hours.
    50497540133_12954e1c2a_b.jpg
    50497540173_53acc3f39c_b.jpg

It's a beautiful morning in Dragon Valley, the sky a vivid and glorious red with the sun glowing as it rises over Red Dragon Lair. Kailena is up early, crawls out of her new toddler bed, and gets her Dad's attention by whispering and patting his face. She tries hard not to wake her Mom as if she knew she needed the sleep. Adam helps her change clothes, and they go downstairs. Adam places her in the high chair and talks to her while he prepares french toast for breakfast. He cuts up a piece for Kailena and adds some honey. Kailena likes this breakfast better than her ordinary oatmeal. The others arrive ready to eat and are fortunate Adam has prepared a meal. Once the toddlers are settled in their high chairs with breakfast, the adults eat.
    50449822488_cb8fd8fea7_b.jpg
    50449822428_a34da529e7_b.jpg
    50449822063_d21e0a7d5d_b.jpg

Victor is the first up in his household and fixes french toast for his family. Gardenia lets Victor know how much she appreciates the extra sleep. The kids arrive downstairs ready to go to see their sister and the others. Victor calls them to eat first.
    50498402182_514432fef8_b.jpg
    50497540063_aa1592e4f5_b.jpg
    50498253686_b980ced177_b.jpg

The kids decide they are going to walk across the field to the house. They can see some ruins and want to investigate them. Victor and Gardenia will take his newest toy...a convertible with an antique design but has a souped-up modern engine in it.
    50497539998_a7e6be4c31_b.jpg

The kids walk across the field and discover a small cemetery. Dylan asks, "I wonder why these tombstones are here in the field in the middle of nowhere." They read the epitaphs but no clue is found on the stones.
    "Maybe we can find some answers at the local library," suggests Josef.
    "I don't think so!" Dylan exclaims. "That would be like going to school and we are on vacation right now."
    The other children laugh, agreeing with Dylan.
    They look around some ruins farther down the hill. Lucas spots a hole and digs around in it seeking lost treasure. He finds a couple of shards that might have been a bowl at one time. He is not impressed and puts them back disappointed in his find.
    The kids arrive at Red Dragon Lair and the ice cream truck is sitting right outside the gates. Despite having a recent breakfast, they all enjoy a treat.
    50498401657_6a34e914dd_b.jpg
    50497539523_f5a2c5a3ce_b.jpg
    50497539228_733ff5700c_b.jpg

After breakfast, Alice and Jennifer sit in the rockers and chat. Jennifer has decided to start her maternity leave. She is tired despite sleeping well all night. She hopes the baby will come soon. Alice is uncomfortable with back pain and wonders if her labor is starting.
    50498402012_6239594b49_b.jpg
    50498401977_73c60bc4be_b.jpg

The kids are out playing in the yard with Marshall keeping an eye on them as he uses his laptop.
    50497539803_d8ec5c688e_b.jpg
    50497539763_76c23ce046_b.jpg
    50498401812_21939f5823_b.jpg
    @bekkasan : Victor! <3

That´s all I have to say! :D
    bekkasan wrote: »
    50449822428_a34da529e7_b.jpg

Nah, I really have to add that this is such a gorgeous picture!!!!

:D the teens and kids in front of the tombstones: "I really would like to know more, I´m curious who lays here!"-"Ugh, researching during holiday? Forget it!" Great dialogue! :D
    And they were so lucky that the icecream van was there! What a wonderful start into the holidays for them!!!!

Aww, that was sweet how Kailena woke up her dad. <3 I can really see how her small little hands touch his face. It seems as if he wasn´t fully awake, when carrying her he still looks a bit tired! :D

Victor and Adam made breakfast. What great boys they are! (btw: can Victor eat normal food?)

So Victor has an old, brand new, environmentally friendly, oldtimer looking car? :D Must be a very rare make, never heard of such a car. ;)
    Is it save to drive with it? B)

What does Lucas (really) do on one of the pictures? Is this a pose?

Alice and Jennefer look as if they are not certain anymore if they really want to get the babies. They will be relieved when their pregnancies are over according to their faces. :)

The last picture is sooo sweet! I already hear the noises he´ll make when "driving" the tractor! :D

Can´t wait for more!

Adam's Quest

Gardenia spots Adam in the yard playing with Shadow. She hugs him tightly. "It's been too long since we've seen you. You look happy."
    Adam returns the hug. "Mom, I'm so happy you are here. I think Alice is getting really close to having the baby."
    Victor finishes checking his car to be sure nothing happened to it on the way over and hugs Adam. "Did I just overhear you tell Gardenia Alice is close to delivering?"
    "Yes, she seems to be very tired and tense this morning and trying to hide that her back is bothering her. She didn't even put on shoes this morning and bit my head off when I offered to help her." He winces in remembrance.
    50498401777_f05b7bab6a_b.jpg
    50498253361_4e6eaba17e_b.jpg

Alice can hear that others have arrived, and she walks slowly outside. Her Mom hugs her and checks on the baby. "I think Adam is right. You are having this baby today."
    Alice looking very tired tries to smile in relief. "Thank the Fates! I feel like I've been pregnant forever."
    50497539413_1d7215e47c_b.jpg

Victor checks on Alice and talks to the baby while Gardenia plays with Kailena and chats with her. "Hello, little one. We are looking forward to meeting you."
    50497539328_651d4a722b_b.jpg

Kailena finds out her Grandpa Victor likes to play games. She laughs and giggles happily as he tickles her with his 'claw'.
    50498401302_5301fa1793_b.jpg
    50497539183_61c3d45544_b.jpg

The kids finish their treats and finally arrive and greet everyone. There are hugs and chatter as everyone gets caught up with each other. Jillian loves animals and Shadow must sense that as he hurries to greet her. Lucus is a budding scientist and Adam tells him that Dedric is doing some experiments upstairs. Lucas waves and grins at Alice and rushes upstairs to watch Dedric.
    50498252686_5e0d676570_b.jpg
    50501445282_2258e104a4_b.jpg
    50498252616_d9211fd24c_b.jpg

Suddenly all eyes are on Alice as she grabs her belly, moans, and doubles over in distress. Adam knows exactly what is happening and hurries over and picks her up in his arms. He carries her upstairs to their room even as she tells him she can walk. "Hush love, I know you can walk. You don't need to, though. I need you in my arms right now."
    Alice stops fussing and flings her arms around him and lays her head on his chest. "I love you, Adam," she whispers as tears form in her eyes. "I'm sorry I've been so crabby."
    Adam kisses the top of her head as he continues up the steps. "It's ok my love, I'd be moody too if I was pregnant and carrying a baby in this heat."
    Gardenia follows but only as far as the living room. She casts a blessing and protection spell.
    50500573988_f23a067021_b.jpg
    50500573973_e1fb910060_b.jpg
    50501284411_12f23b5104_b.jpg

The family stays active to keep their minds off Alice and her labor. Marshall works with Josef on his athletic skills. Jillian, Dylan, and Lexie play video games. Dedric sets up Lucas on the computer working on his logic by competing with the chess program. The others chat in the living room while Wisteria watches the toddlers in the play yard.
    50501284306_40b5d40424_b.jpg
    50501444997_127c19c1bf_b.jpg
    50500573698_127c19c1bf_b.jpg
    50501444947_a9677a9e21_b.jpg
    50523927301_0a1b2f42ac_b.jpg

Adam is timing the contractions while Alice breaths through a particularly strong one.
    50501444912_433abec6a2_b.jpg
    @bekkasan Updates! :smiley: And nice to know there's speedily more on the way. ;)
    Love that nightly shot with the light of the moon reflecting on the water. <3 I would give anything to have teleportation be a real thing in this world! I mean, people could visit anyone, anywhere for most likely much less than a flight! :grin: I could visit you any time too. :kissing_heart:
    Kailena is up early, crawls out of her new toddler bed, and gets her Dad's attention by whispering and patting his face.
    ^The way you wrote that, SO adorable! <3
    Adam's face in that pic with Kailena. :blush: He be like, "Yes, I know I'm handsome. Even more so with a babe in arms." ;)<3
    Victor. :love: (And cooking. <3 ) He's like the only man I swoon over with long hair. :lol: I can't explain it. :p Oooh, maybe it's that gorgeous smile he has there. :love: (Gardenia's outfit is super cute by the way. 👍 )
    Nice ride Victor! :smirk:
    "I don't think so!" Dylan exclaims. "That would be like going to school and we are on vacation right now."
    ^Ha ha! :lol: Typical reaction from a kid on vacation. I love it!
    Aww, sorry Lucas didn't find anything cool. :(
    Yeah Alice and Jennifer look like they are beyond ready to have their babies. ;) (They were pregnant together last time too weren't they?)
    I couldn't help chuckling at this pic, Marshall's expression while keeping an eye on them. :lol:
    50497539803_d8ec5c688e_b.jpg
    I got to the end here and I was like, Aww, I want more. :blush: I'm glad to see there is more this morning. :mrgreen:
    ----
    Cute hug pics. <3 You can just feel the deep love they have for each other.
    "Yes, she seems to be very tired and tense this morning and trying to hide that her back is bothering her. She didn't even put on shoes this morning and bit my head off when I offered to help her." He winces in remembrance.
    ^Lol! Poor Adam. :lol: Guess I was right that Alice is beyond ready to deliver. :p
    Alice looking very tired tries to smile in relief. "Thank the Fates! I feel like I've been pregnant forever."
    ^*Cracking up!* :joy: Because of what I said earlier. (And that I know you paused their pregnancy for DAYS! ;) )
    D'aw! Victor talking to her belly. I swear there is nothing sexier seeing a man do. <3
    Family reunion. <3
    Cute that Lucas wants to see what Dedric is up to. :blush: That's how I learn best, visually. :)
    Aww, Adam carrying Alice upstairs. <3 And triple awwwwww to this:
    "Hush love, I know you can walk. You don't need to, though. I need you in my arms right now."
    <3<3<3 Golly that was SO romantic!
    Great shot of Gardenia casting the spell there. :star:
    Shirtless Marshall!!! :smiley::love: (Sorry, please forgive my ADD moments sometimes. :lol: )
    Great shot that totally looks like Adam is timing the contractions! :grin:
    Aww, you're leaving us on a mini cliffhanger? Not cool. ;) Looking forward to more this afternoon. :mrgreen:<3

@AlexaKry Thanks so much for your comments. :smiley::heart: I do love reading them.
    I so lucked up catching that sky as I followed Adam taking Kailena downstairs.
    Yes, Victor can eat normal food but it doesn't help his thirst unless he had plasma fruit as an ingredient. When I played that family whoever cooked made a serving for Victor with plasma fruit added to his meal. Gardenia, Alice, and Dylan are witches so they don't eat the meals with plasma fruit.
    Victor loves his old convertible, but yeah, he likes the modern engine better than the old version. :grin:
    Poor Alice and Jennifer have been pregnant forever! I kept getting stares from both of them while they rubbed their bellies.
    I totally love that tractor, one of my favorite pieces of cc from ATS.
    Thanks again!

@emorrill Thank you for your comments. :smiley::heart: I'm glad I was able to surprise you with the second update this morning.
    I would love to have teleportation for real too! I would so visit too!
    Victor is a pretty good cook having lived so long before he finally met Gardenia.
    He does have a great smile.
    Thanks one of her outfits glitched after the travel so I gave her a new one. :grin:
    Yes, Drew was born the day after Kailena.
    I loved the look on Marshall's face as he watched the kids.
    Poor girls with me pausing the pregnancy like that! :lol:
    Glad I got the shirtless picture for you this update. :grin:
    I was glad to capture that picture of him looking at his watch. It was perfect!
    hehe, sorry I was at my limit for pictures and had to break it up before the birth. :smirk:
    @bekkasan : wow, that was fast!
    Victor and Kailena are so sweet together.
    Nice that they arrived just in time for the first baby! The waiting for it must be soooo hard! ;):p:D
    Good that they all had something to do to distract them.
    "I need you in my arms right now" sooo romantic! <3
    Now I just want to know what Alice gets, a boy or a girl???
  • meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 261 Member
    @bekkasan The nightly landscape shot looks gorgeous :o .
    I wish teleportation was a real life thing. Lucky sims!
    Th ekids must be exhausted in the morning haven't been traveling in the middle of the night.
    So sweet of Kailena to wake her daddy up with a whisper and let mom sleep <3 . Lovely picture of Adam carrying her with the sunrise behind them.
    What a gorgeous ruby sunrise! :star:
    Gardenia's outfit with the pink polka dot dress is very cute :blush: .
    Too bad Lucas didn't find more exciting treasures.
    There's always room for icecream :smiley: .
    I hope the ladies will have their babies soon - they do look exhausted.
    Sounds like the babies will be born soon! Yay!
    Poor Alice... And poor Adam too :D .
    Cute pictures of Victor and Kailena <3 .
    Funny picture of the baby panic with so many sims in it.
    Adam is a good husband carrying his wife in! So sweet.
    @meerkattime Thanks so much for your comments! :smiley::heart:
    I love looking around the sky for scenery shots.
    That red sky sure is a dramatic sight out the window.
    One of her outfits glitched with the travel so she got a new one! :grin:
    Babies on the way! :lol:
    I think that is the most people I've had around when a sim went into labor. It was very noisy! :confounded: