Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So NO rabbit CAS in pets?

Comments

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    They weren't immunised against the calicivirus, and so never made it into the game... or something.

Terrible jokes aside, bunnies would be a cute addition.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    TJKazuha09 wrote: »
    You know what? You probably want to have CAS for every single minor pets instead. I can ask for the same thing for butterflies with your argument.

Plus, I think Horses are a lot more interesting than rabbits.

Butterflies aren't actually house pets and comparing them to rabbits blutterflies don't "do much". Like, I don't think they could do enough interactions to stand out as something playable, and there aren't much animations that would make them an outstanding creatures. It would just be absurb to make them playable, while rabbits aren't much that "minor" as you think they would.

He might be laughing at you now for taking his opinion seriously.

But anyway, it's too narrow minded to state that it's impossible for any minor things to do anything special. I'll be focusing on the game development instead. If you have CAS on every single minor pets, that's going to be too much, unless they have some specific content that makes them very special, something that can make them stands out than any other pets. Something that is going to grab a lot of attention.

Personally, I think I prefer foxes/raccoons which often be featured in previous games but not made into a major pet or some mythical creatures like dragon which was featured in SIMS 3 Dragon Valley. They grab a lot more attention than rabbits unless the rabbit is somewhat as magical as them. Less than that, they are going to be as minor as big birds and it's going to be unfair if it treated as special as cat/dog/horse. Again, styled object with some additional feature is probably the most possible implementation for your idea, they won't be actually a CAS where you can change their detailed details.

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2017
    Gullveig wrote: »
    You know what? You probably want to have CAS for every single minor pets instead. I can ask for the same thing for butterflies with your argument.

Butterflies aren't actually house pets and comparing them to rabbits blutterflies don't "do much". Like, I don't think they could do enough interactions to stand out as something playable, and there aren't much animations that would make them an outstanding creatures. It would just be absurb to make them playable, while rabbits aren't much that "minor" as you think they would.

But anyway, it's too narrow minded to state that it's impossible for any minor things to do anything special. I'll be focusing on the game development instead. If you have CAS on every single minor pets, that's going to be too much, unless they have some specific content that makes them very special, something that can make them stands out than any other pets. Something that is going to grab a lot of attention.

Personally, I think I prefer foxes/raccoons which often be featured in previous games but not made into a major pet or some mythical creatures like dragon which was featured in SIMS 3 Dragon Valley. They grab a lot more attention than rabbits unless the rabbit is somewhat as magical as them. Less than that, they are going to be as minor as big birds and it's going to be unfair if it treated as special as cat/dog/horse. Again, styled object with some additional feature is probably the most possible implementation for your idea, they won't be actually a CAS where you can change their detailed details.

I'm not. I'm just countering his poor analogy-argument :p (no offense to him/her).
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    Gullveig wrote: »

I'm not. I'm just countering his poor analogy-argument :p (no offense to him/her).

I've been avoiding this to prevent myself to look like a troll, but sorry, you are lame. Your argument invalid and your joke is not even funny. What I was doing is a hyperbole. What I was saying is that anything can look special with the OP argument. OP needs better argument to make rabbit more special and OP needs to think about it.
  • Options
    hyperbole*, not analogy - thx for helping me find the dictionary :D I wasn't even making a joke. Butterflies are just... well butterflies? Having one is like... a fx. IMO rabbits still could have a value and potential to be something as an actual pet, because they probably could do variety of stuff than just *be* there. While butterflies - I doubt it. :)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    hyperbole*, not analogy - thx for helping me find the dictionary :D I wasn't even making a joke. Butterflies are just... well butterflies? Having one is like... a fx. IMO rabbits still could have a value and potential to be something as an actual pet, because they probably could do variety of stuff than just *be* there. While butterflies - I doubt it. :)

*Facepalm* That's what I meant with hyperbole, silly plum.

It's to describe that the OP (And you) Needs to think with Imagination instead of just something realistic. Make an argument about rabbit that can make them more special than an animal that CAN'T do anything.
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Some of the replies in this thread are really off. I think putting horses into a closed world is an absolutely ridiculous idea, no matter how many people are assumed to like them more. There aren't even any cars, so where would sims ride a horse? Around a 2x2 lot? That doesn't sound very exciting.

I agree with you OP, rabbits would seen to suit TS4 more than a useless horse.

But they can add a world with this EP, with a 64*64 lot which can be a park for horse and animals in general.
    Plus they can add a neighborhood with no road like the island of Windenburg where horses could run as much as they want :)
  • Options
    And besides... public space is a thing now. Horses shouldn't be limited to only lots. "There aren't even any cars" - who says there shouldn't be ?
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    Am I the only one who would like to have pigs, cows and chickens besides cats, dogs and horses? It would be so much fun.
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    Am I the only one who would like to have pigs, cows and chickens besides cats, dogs and horses?

No, people have been begging for a farming-themed EP forever, even going back to TS3. I'm a city slicker, but I wouldn't mind seeing these in the game.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2017
    Rabbits could be really interesting and do plenty of stuff if they were implemented well :)

Different breeds (Dutch, French lop, English Spot, etc).
    Rabbits could live outdoors or indoors.
    - If outdoors, the need a decent quality accommodation. If it's too small, they become stressed. If it's a low quality hutch, they have a chance of chewing their way out and escaping. If they escape, they may eat your flowers and/or vegetables!
    Rabbits can "wear out" low quality hutches, like cats wear out scratching posts in Sims 3. A Sim with the Handiness skill can repair the hutch.
    - If indoors, rabbits become friendlier faster. Their social need goes down faster outdoors, unless you have two rabbits together. However, if you have an adult male and female, they can try for kittens (baby rabbits) any time they want, as they are in their hutch.
    You can also buy outdoors runs for rabbits, so they can graze on the lawn.

Rabbits could have a "chew" need, like cats had scratch and dogs had destruction in Sims 3. You could buy chew toys for rabbits. If you don't, they'll chew their hutch (if outdoors) or the furniture (if indoors).
    Rabbits need a litter tray (they can be litter trained in real life).
    They can eat rabbit food from bowls and also fruits and vegetables as a treat.
    They can be trained (praised and scolded). Praising for chewing their toys, using their litter tray, being friendly. Scolded for chewing their hutch or the furniture, pooping on the carpet or biting Sims.
    Indoor rabbits can hop onto the settee or chairs to sleep.
    Rabbits can play with cats or dogs. They could get scared if the cat or dog play too rough. Then a Sim could scold the cat or dog.
    You could brush rabbits or bathe them to keep them clean.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Rabbits are a popular pet in the US along with dogs, cats, birds, and fish. We have never had rabbits in the Sims. It might be fun to have a new critter like that if it were set up like the dogs and the cats.

I am not opposed to horses, but remember your sims would be isolated to only ride them within the neighborhood, unless you can take them with you when you travel. This is not the same as Sims 3.

• Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member

I think Rabbits would be a great idea. The game could use something new. I also like who ever said Pigs, cows, and chickens... Yes, I like that idea too. a Farming world.

I miss that pesky raccoon.... just love that little furry creature.

Don't know if pets would ever make me want to play TS4 ever again (uninstalled it months ago) but I definitely support the idea of bringing a new critter to the pets pack.
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    My own love of horses aside, I think that would be neat if they could include other/new animals in CAS. If not, there should at least be a variety that you can find/adopt. Similar to the variety of frogs/fish/etc.
  • Options
    chingyu1023chingyu1023 Posts: 82 Member
    thevogel wrote: »
    I think Rabbits would be a great idea. The game could use something new. I also like who ever said Pigs, cows, and chickens... Yes, I like that idea too. a Farming world.

I miss that pesky raccoon.... just love that little furry creature.

Don't know if pets would ever make me want to play TS4 ever again (uninstalled it months ago) but I definitely support the idea of bringing a new critter to the pets pack.

I hope that there will be a farm life game pack to have the system to own those farm animals. And yes, that post is started by me too. LOL

I do not expect they include so many game interactions in one pack. I just hope that they would consider the idea and make another pack focusing on farm animals.
  • Options
    chingyu1023chingyu1023 Posts: 82 Member
    Am I the only one who would like to have pigs, cows and chickens besides cats, dogs and horses? It would be so much fun.

I high-key want them to made a game pack focusing on farm animals and interactions. I would dedicate my money immediately. Haha
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I would love if they added rabbits, they could make so many different kinds, dwarf bunnies, and giant ones, normal sized ones, I definitely think they should give us all kinds of different game pack for all kinds of variety for animals. I would buy them all:)) I really want a zoo and a circus, And a farm pack, Minor pets, exotic pets, an Mystical pets, Woodland Forest Pets. I want them all:))))
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Bunnies are adorable, but what's more interactions/ animation can be added except feeding and watch our sims cuddling them? They are not exactly the trainable type of animal, they are in-cage animal just like hamster and guinea pig. However, I don't shun the idea of having rabbits, to me, the more animals included the merrier.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    If we do end up getting small animals like rabbits I would not mind a CAS option I'm not one to turn down more options but I'd also be fine with Sims 2 style where you purchase an animal like a parrot then you can pick between a few color options and name it.

I find it funny how people think horses would be useless because most of the lots are small ignoring the fact that there is open space beyond the lot. If horses were added to the game there would be content added for them such as the pasture mentioned in the survey and special lots for animals like one for horse racing, that alone would give me more game play than a rabbit.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SSDSSDSSD2SSDSSDSSD2 Posts: 217 Member
    In this game a horse is almost useless, I personally love horses, but it's not a logical possibility or if it is a possibility it will take too much space in a closed world.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Even if rabbits are "object" pets, you would probably still build relationship with them. Kids can with giant stuffed toys, scientists can with the invention constructor and all sims can with the talking toilet.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't call it CAS I call it CAP (Create a Pet).

Rabbits don't exactly NEED a Create A Pet. It's not like there are hundreds of breeds of rabbit. It's a lot of effort for a pet that's not actually that interactive.

What I do want is for minor pets to be suitably interactive. Less of the "Just petting and collecting" and more really getting them involved, even if they can't be customised.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I would really love if apart from cats, dogs, and horses we could get some smaller 'caged' animals like rodents and also birds (even if they acted somewhat like the frogs and fish we have currently) for sake of variety. But I think your argument is just a matter of preference. Let's hope we get both
  • Options
    PoppenPoppen Posts: 85 Member
    I would love rabbits. Im not a dog person, cats are kind of allright, horses are just plain scary. But rabbits are in my opinion the most adorable little creatures. Rabbits would make me buy the pets expancion pack, cats, dogs and horses not so much. But I think that makes me the odd one :)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top