Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Yasssssss! :love: This is perfect timing!
    I will read now but a comment will only come tomorrow... Cleaning up has made me so tired I just want to enjoy atm... ;)
    You officially have permission to remind me of the comment (and of reading Froots' one... :dizzy: )
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited September 2019
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    I have to say, as much as I enjoy everyone else's chapters, I've been looking forward to this particular PoV the most >:)
    So I've basically lost count of how many times I've read this one over (certain parts maybe a few extra times B) )
    His opening frustration at the beginning made me feel sorry for him, but also it was highly amusing, ehehehe. Do I like to watch Tony suffer? Mmm. Don't we all to a certain degree? Just to see what pops out of his mouth!
    Poor Kellie, though, must be hard to be in that kind of situation after having a trauma, AND THEN you're living with this guy who not only set it up, but doesn't seem to get why you're so upset about it...good thing Dog is there to cuddle while you work through your feels :/
    A tiny bit of justice served, there, with him fretting over her ignoring him, kekekekeke.

I love his little indications of how highly he thinks of himself :smirk:
    Oh my, yes Tony, why does no one seem to appreciate you the way you deserve to be appreciated? These people!

Man, I know this was a Tony PoV chapter, but Kellie was so present, it was really neat watching her journey through his eyes, seeing her have to digest all this stuff she isn't used to, or doesn't approve of. AND ON TOP OF ALL THAT, here she is struggling with all these demons regarding abandoning her family! So isolated, so alone in the sense that there isn't really anyone to talk to. Tony seems willing to listen, but he's a little dismissive...I don't think it's because he's trying to be, he just doesn't know how to respond with anything except cold hard facts; this is not a man with an armoury full of platitudes (just glocks and berettas, apparently).

It speaks a lot to her resiliency, how well she actually is handling all this, and it made her victory at the end there all the more sweet! I think we (and Kellie) needed that little triumph, Tony tends to bull his way through everyone and everything, so focused on getting things done. Having someone to curb a few of his impulses here and there, make him consider his motivations and factor in the feelings of other; this is something that Kellie seems to be well equipped for.

I enjoyed the self defense part, I'm glad you decided to make it more robust, that was a good choice! It really left me with, not only a good idea of how to get out of a choke hold, but also you really left us with a sense of Kellie gaining some of her power back. It was like this was the only way Tony could offer to help her through her traumatic experience. That was really special, he didn't just leave her hanging, he had to use his own particular language to communicate with her, and I feel like he was successful there. Like an 'actions speak louder than words' kind of deal, you know?

On a lighter note, can I just say what a treat it is to be inside this man's head, if for nothing more than to hear his thoughts on how great he is? OMG. This plum. :joy: his delight at discovering the anti-ageing effects really tickled me. I'm not sure Tony needs anymore reason to inflate his ego, but darn it, I do enjoy watching him strut around like a bird with all his prettiest feathers on display, haaaa, looking for her validation, so disappointed when she seems indifferent, aaaaah!
    AND THEN, that smug little smile when she admits she did notice!

Man, if Kellie hasn't admitted to herself that she's a bit into him, then she's definitely at least feeling it on a subconscious level. Like you told me though, it's probably still father-focused at this point, yeah, but that's a pretty fragile shield to hide behind. The whole "father-daughter" angle is still a pretty new concept for them both, it's not like they've been going through the motions for years or anything. Personally, I suspect it's just a convenient box that they can toss all this sudden closeness into. Yeah, I said it! When you connect with someone, you need to have a certain box to put your feelings in, with a certain label. SOMETIMES THE LABEL IS A LIE! No one can convince me otherwise, so don't even try :kissing_heart:;)
    /stubborn

Her excitement about getting lab equipment cracked me up, omg; woman, I feel you! So thrilling to get all the weird presents that are your favourite...even if it's beakers and syringes, lolololol.

As usual, you never fail to deliver a great time :*<3
    Love the beautiful images that you put so much effort into making pretty for us, very keen to see where this dynamic is headed, but also what comes of that little Tollie detective collaboration at the end there!

I have to say I was really looking forward to writing scenes with these two in close quaters. They are exact opposites in every aspect which means there are infinite possibilities of how their personalities might clash. From the little things such as who sits where at the table (Tony must always face the door, ofc) to some major moral dilemmas like we could see at the end of this chapter. There will be more, because it's so much fun to explore their dynamic.
    I love your analysis of Kellie. It's spot on. She may come across as whiny, but as you pointed out there's a lot on her plate. Unlike her, Tony's in his element.
    Regarding Kellie and her feelings. She questioned her sexuality in the past so she won't make any rash conclusions until she's 100% sure.
    You might not be wrong about the conveniency of the "father-daughter" perspective. It worked so well until now. Tony is in unusual situation. It's in his nature to charm women, seduce them, appreciate them, but Kellie is off limits because of the whole family thing. He shouldn't tease her, flirt with her or parade around her half naked, but he can't help himself. It's like breathing to him and it does sooo good to his ego. The indications of his high opinion of himself were always there. This chapter took it a bit further. :D Someone might find his self-confidence annoying, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I find it hot and funny at the same time. He knows his place in the world. The only thing that has ever complicated his life is love. He makes mistakes when steered by romantic feelings.
    Oh yes, he is always willing to listen and offer you his spare gun. He's not a complete monster, after all. And he wouldn't offer his spare gun to just anyone!
    I was so proud of Kellie at the end of the chapter, especially when she reminded him of their past conversation when he admitted not being proud of his past when he used to enjoy killing. She's starting to see his darker colors.
    I agree, being in his head is fun, let alone have him in your head. :D

Thank you for reading and having fun. Your laughs are the best reward. I dare to say the pictures in this chapter matched the plot perfectly in most places. My fav is still Tony's confused face when Kellie yammers on about her dream and about Celeste. He's like: "Her lips are moving, but I don't understand one jot of what is coming out." :D
    Post edited by Maladi777 on
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Well this was a surprise!

Lol! Tony and Kellie shippers will be gleeful. Lots of romantic banter.

Listen to Kellie, Tony. She knows best on all things.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    It was as great a read the second time around as the first which was past my bedtime last night! Your pictures were fantastic! I loved the shot when we saw Kellie's belly button. So cute. Also I noticed Dog every time. :)

Tony and his gun cleaning. I wouldn't like it on my kitchen table either. When Tony thought Kellie 'killed his gun cleaning buzz' that made me giggle.

Look at that huge basement. I wonder what else is down there? There's got to be something else besides his guns he's hiding.

The whole training session was interesting. His mind in one place and hers in another. She's suppose to be learning how to defend herself and says sorry the first time she hits him. I wonder how she would do in a real situation. Probably not so good. :/

Tony thinks very highly of himself and as well he should he is a handsome guy and seems to be getting younger. His mind goes to women. And Kelly, on the other hand, thinks all detached and sciencey. She wants to find out why he is looking so young. Her background makes her think that way I suppose.

Looking forward to getting her take on all this. Although you did a great job showing pretty much how she feels from this.

Great chapter as always. Thanks! :)
    Yasssssss! :love: This is perfect timing!
    I will read now but a comment will only come tomorrow... Cleaning up has made me so tired I just want to enjoy atm... ;)
    You officially have permission to remind me of the comment (and of reading Froots' one... :dizzy: )
    I hope you have already recovered from the cleaning. ;) Haven't seen you on Discord in a while.
    Well this was a surprise!

Lol! Tony and Kellie shippers will be gleeful. Lots of romantic banter.

Listen to Kellie, Tony. She knows best on all things.
    Tollie shippers were pleased indeed. They still have demands (looks in @WagonFruit's direction) but I hope they're somewhat satisfied for now.
    Kellie's the voice of conscience that Tony often lacks.
    haswh wrote: »
    It was as great a read the second time around as the first which was past my bedtime last night! Your pictures were fantastic! I loved the shot when we saw Kellie's belly button. So cute. Also I noticed Dog every time. :)

Tony and his gun cleaning. I wouldn't like it on my kitchen table either. When Tony thought Kellie 'killed his gun cleaning buzz' that made me giggle.

Look at that huge basement. I wonder what else is down there? There's got to be something else besides his guns he's hiding.

The whole training session was interesting. His mind in one place and hers in another. She's suppose to be learning how to defend herself and says sorry the first time she hits him. I wonder how she would do in a real situation. Probably not so good. :/

Tony thinks very highly of himself and as well he should he is a handsome guy and seems to be getting younger. His mind goes to women. And Kelly, on the other hand, thinks all detached and sciencey. She wants to find out why he is looking so young. Her background makes her think that way I suppose.

Looking forward to getting her take on all this. Although you did a great job showing pretty much how she feels from this.

Great chapter as always. Thanks! :)
    Poor Tony, can't even clean his guns wherever he wants these days. But I'm glad you revelled in his frustration.
    Lots of empty rooms in the basement. One of them used to be a garage...
    The training, yes, it's hard to focus when the object of your desire is so near. Thankfully, Tony was able to control himself and actually taught Kellie something useful. I couldn't turn her into a super woman right away after that, ofc. She's still the ever so caring young woman. I thought it'd be so her to freak out after she hit him. I was giggling when writing the scene. She still wouldn't do well in real situation.
    Tony has a very unhealthy self-confidence. Always had. Took pride in his skills and job. He does have a narcissistic streak for sure.
    I'm glad you noticed dog. She was photobombing my picture, but so very cutely that I had to include her. She didn't give a bark about what those hoomans kept arguing about and enjoyed her naps.

Oh. Tony is being a pain right now, he wants to say something. /sigh This man...

tony12.png
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Giggles at Tony's comment! Hehehe
  • DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    The tension between Tony and Kellie... Masterfully written. It's at the point where I struggle with whether or not I ship them?? I want them to be together but also it would be so wrong... I'm so conflicted!
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

The tension between Tony and Kellie... Masterfully written. It's at the point where I struggle with whether or not I ship them?? I want them to be together but also it would be so wrong... I'm so conflicted!
    I say, discard the inner conflict at once and embrace the majestic ship that is #Tollie! :)
    I'm happy you enjoyed!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I say, discard the inner conflict at once and embrace the majestic ship that is #Tollie! :)
    I'm happy you enjoyed!

I will keep giving it a shot :) Very interested to hear more about Kellie's mother and Tony's anti-aging properties.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

edited September 2019
    Oh, my. The Heffners are rather political today with all the gun-no-gun talk :D
    Tony telling Kellie that she can't go out because Stiles would catch her makes me curious. I've always thought about that and while you certainly have a plan already or are working on one, does Tony? Does he actually know how he could bring Kellie back to her family or at least let her see Celeste earlier than she would if caught and arrested by the police? Of course she can't go out right now - but will she be able to do that later at all? She might be adjusting to the life of a fugitive but she can't stay away from her family forever. And if she really changed sides, Chris would hate her just as much as his father and Tony would most certainly not want that?
    Is... is it weird that in between Tony's thoughts about seducing Kellie I can still hearn Froots' voice :flushed:
    "She moaned drowsily, and my brain recorded the sound for later use" What in the...! O... okay. Pretty much everything Tony says from now on sounds all and entirely wrong. Great. If Kellie knew.
    Kellie looks so cute and gorgeous on all these pictures! No wonder Tony's fallen for her charms. It makes her even more attractive that she's beautiful and, like, doesn't even really try? She doesn't behave as if she knows about her good looks and that's what must drive Tony even more mad.
    "And hey, why not grant Princess the pleasure of a nice view? I was sure she’d appreciate a good look." Yeah, and maybe she will do something afterward? To you, Tony? Is that what you're thinking? :lol: And you wouldn't even be "guilty" of seducing her because well, it just happened, right?
    "You shaved your face!" LOL! Nothing worse than that. He was checking her out and hoping she'd pick up on his overall excellent shape and the first thing she notices is not his abs in head level but his missing beard :D Ouch!

Edit: Going through @WagonFruit 's comment, it occurred to me that Kellie's training is the best Tony could ever do for her in that situation. Though it isn't exactly fit to keep his desires at bay, at least she is occupied and her thoughts aren't at all the other problems she is currently facing
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited September 2019
    I'm happy you enjoyed!

I will keep giving it a shot :) Very interested to hear more about Kellie's mother and Tony's anti-aging properties.
    I believe we can afford to be more tolerant of characters and relations in simlit than we are of real people.
    I'm afraid we won't learn more about Kellie's adoptive mother, but hopefully, we'll see Tony and Kellie get closer to finding her murderer.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Is... is it weird that in between Tony's thoughts about seducing Kellie I can still hearn Froots' voice :flushed:
    "She moaned drowsily, and my brain recorded the sound for later use"

LOL. THAT...was all Maladi >:)

...I will, however, take credit for encouraging her corruption, kekekekeke

FzWOQ8X.jpg
    edited September 2019
    Oh, my. The Heffners are rather political today with all the gun-no-gun talk :D
    Tony telling Kellie that she can't go out because Stiles would catch her makes me curious. I've always thought about that and while you certainly have a plan already or are working on one, does Tony? Does he actually know how he could bring Kellie back to her family or at least let her see Celeste earlier than she would if caught and arrested by the police? Of course she can't go out right now - but will she be able to do that later at all? She might be adjusting to the life of a fugitive but she can't stay away from her family forever. And if she really changed sides, Chris would hate her just as much as his father and Tony would most certainly not want that?
    "She moaned drowsily, and my brain recorded the sound for later use" What in the...! O... okay. Pretty much everything Tony says from now on sounds all and entirely wrong. Great. If Kellie knew.
    Kellie looks so cute and gorgeous on all these pictures! No wonder Tony's fallen for her charms. It makes her even more attractive that she's beautiful and, like, doesn't even really try? She doesn't behave as if she knows about her good looks and that's what must drive Tony even more mad.
    "And hey, why not grant Princess the pleasure of a nice view? I was sure she’d appreciate a good look." Yeah, and maybe she will do something afterward? To you, Tony? Is that what you're thinking? :lol: And you wouldn't even be "guilty" of seducing her because well, it just happened, right?
    "You shaved your face!" LOL! Nothing worse than that. He was checking her out and hoping she'd pick up on his overall excellent shape and the first thing she notices is not his abs in head level but his missing beard :D Ouch!
    Well, what would you expect from Kellie who's an absolute pacifist? Such discussion was meant to happen sooner or later.
    Kellie will venture out of the cabin sooner than you may think. Accompanied by Tony, ofc. He wouldn't let her off his sight. :) She might even see her brother and also Terry soon. But will they see her? Hmm. That's another question.
    I claim full responsibility for the line you quoted. LOL But I admit that I may have adopted Froot's way of thinking. It was for a good cause! Tony is a very sensual creature. Anything less than him having all those thoughts wouldn't be true him.
    I think he adores her even more just for the fact that she is rather oblivious to her beauty and grace.
    He was so bold and shameless in front of her because he knows it's not like her to throw herself on him. But will she stay that way forever?

edit: regarding you question about Tony's plan for Kellie's return home. He relies on Vincent to find a legal way out of the mess. If that fails, well, then there's still his own body as a proof of what was going on in the lab. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg

I remember you encouraging me to write more about Tony's discomfort during the self-defense lesson. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Well, what would you expect from Kellie who's an absolute pacifist? Such discussion was meant to happen sooner or later.
    Kellie will venture out of the cabin sooner than you may think. Accompanied by Tony, ofc. He wouldn't let her off his sight. :) She might even see her brother and also Terry soon. But will they see her? Hmm. That's another question.
    I claim full responsibility for the line you quoted. LOL But I admit that I may have adopted Froot's way of thinking. It was for a good cause! Tony is a very sensual creature. Anything less than him having all those thoughts wouldn't be true him.
    I think he adores her even more just for the fact that she is rather oblivious to her beauty and grace.
    He was so bold and shameless in front of her because he knows it's not like her to throw herself on him. But will she stay that way forever?

edit: regarding you question about Tony's plan for Kellie's return home. He relies on Vincent to find a legal way out of the mess. If that fails, well, then there's still his own body as a proof of what was going on in the lab. :D

I would have been surprised if she hadn't opposed Tony's arms :D It was interesting though that the same discussion practically happened twice in one chapter... the firearms discussion in the beginning and the killing-the-culprit one in the end. And I don't think it's one that will be solves any time soon, it will take a while since both characters' views are so deepley rooted and understandably so. Kellie is a harmony-seeking person through and through while weapons and killing is not only Tony's living but has also kept him alive until now. For Kellie, it is inacceptable to hurt people but Tony has to rely on it. Telling her to give it up would mean to force her to give up her character, telling that to Tony would mean for him to pass himself over to police or his enemies of whom he surely has enough.
    Concerning Vincent... man, I even read that. I remember it. And yet it seems that didn't arrive in my mind :D Tony said it himself that Vincent is his hope to get them out. Even though I can't imagine what a lawyer could do in their case, but Vinent knows the machinery of law and justice and the hidden ways in it better so we'll leave that to him hehe

That is exactly what I intended to express, but better worded :D

The voice in my head does not care who wrote the respective lines. It was meantioned several times you proofread so everything the voice reads will be your doing. Subconsciously. :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <3<3<3<3
    Do I have to say more? :D I am so happy for the new chapter and the awesomeness of it ;)

Good to see that Kellie is finally willing to learn to defend herself. No matter if she ever has to use it, it will be good for her.
    And I have to agree with Kellie about the stubbles. Now Tony looks sometimes even younger than Chris. Kinda weird.

Can't wait to see them working and investigating together.
    Marialein wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh <3<3<3<3
    Do I have to say more? :D I am so happy for the new chapter and the awesomeness of it ;)

Good to see that Kellie is finally willing to learn to defend herself. No matter if she ever has to use it, it will be good for her.
    And I have to agree with Kellie about the stubbles. Now Tony looks sometimes even younger than Chris. Kinda weird.

Can't wait to see them working and investigating together.
    I'm glad you had fun reading. :)
    Kellie needs to get some control over her life back. She's been like a leaf in the wind in the last few chapters. Tony's plan to keep her busy is beneficial for both of them. It wasn't good for her to just sit idly and let all her worries crush her. Now she has something else to focus on.
    I didn't like Tony without the stubble much either. I got too used to the scruffy look. However, I knew Tony would get rid of it. He always maintained his sleek look whenever he could. I believe he would have shaved sooner than I let him. :D But now he knows Kellie likes him scruffy. You can count on it that he grows it back in no time. :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Dark WitcHazard: Kellie on her way to becoming an assassin she’s already taken the first step! I can’t wait for more now all she needs is her first personal kill and it’s all down hill from there!

Lover WitcHazard: The sexual tension the chapter was beautiful! I’m all for Tony and Kellie ship Tollie! However I’m also onboard for Kerry then there’s my fantasy ship of Cherry so many mixed emotions! Also want secretly Styles and Kellie to be a thing but I put that in the same box as a Cherry!
    edited September 2019
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Dark WitcHazard: Kellie on her way to becoming an assassin she’s already taken the first step! I can’t wait for more now all she needs is her first personal kill and it’s all down hill from there!

Lover WitcHazard: The sexual tension the chapter was beautiful! I’m all for Tony and Kellie ship Tollie! However I’m also onboard for Kerry then there’s my fantasy ship of Cherry so many mixed emotions! Also want secretly Styles and Kellie to be a thing but I put that in the same box as a Cherry!
    Oh em gee. Dark really wants Kellie cross that line, doesn't he? If that happens, Kerry is a no go, because then Terry will have to cuff her, but not the way he hoped in his most secret dreams!
    I like all Lover's ships, they are my favs too! Stiles & Kellie ship being my guilty pleasure. You can imagine how difficult it is to pick the one and only ship that will sail eventually. Well, I know already how this gen ends and again the finale will have lasting effects on the gen to come.
    Post edited by Maladi777 on
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Very great chapter as always! I love Tony's personality, I would like to have such a friend like Tony. He is very trustful and faithful to those he loves. He proved it already many times. I hope his "sweet princess" understands it if even she doesn't see that Tony isn't indifferent to her ;)
    edited September 2019
    Very great chapter as always! I love Tony's personality, I would like to have such a friend like Tony. He is very trustful and faithful to those he loves. He proved it already many times. I hope his "sweet princess" understands it if even she doesn't see that Tony isn't indifferent to her ;)
    Hi!!! Long time no see. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. Be careful what you wish for. Tony only brings problems into people's lives... friends' and loved ones' lives too.

Tony's face after he learned he'd been called trustful...

tony13.png
    Yes, your bad reputation is in jeopardy, Tony. Good thing you're such a narcissist and no one can call you humble as well.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Hi!!! Long time no see. I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. Be careful what you wish for. Tony only brings problems into people's lives... friends' and loved ones' lives too.

Tony's face after he learned he'd been called trustful...

tony13.png
    Yes, your bad reputation is in jeopardy, Tony. Good thing you're such a narcissist and no one can call you humble as well.

:D:D:D No worries, Tony, I am not scared of your personality ;) All are fine, we will survive all your surprises, I am sure, mate :D
    :D:D:D No worries, Tony, I am not scared of your personality ;) All are fine, we will survive all your surprises, I am sure, mate :D
    Surprises? Yes, there may be some coming yet. But mostly for him. :smirk:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    Surprises? Yes, there may be some coming yet. But mostly for him. :smirk:

I can't wait ;)
    @candycottonchu asked me to make this chart of my characters' heights, so here it is for anyone who's curious about it as well. I hope it's not too crazy. I used my own height as a reference.

3db0b3f5489e032083e9ae182f718f78e2e754a7.jpg

9bc3b1478645c3bec5004c9fde38b24c67ac4abd.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg