Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    A short chapter this time. 4.23 Keep Trying
    image.png
  • pinot_grigiopinot_grigio Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2020
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I've written a little "Side Tracks" for Lizzie and the family back home. It takes place around the same time as the last two chapters for Return to Brindleton Bay.

t8UkVgD.png
    Those Who Are Left Behind, Part 1

This chapter features @TheYayToast's Ash.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    New Chapter of Keeping Up with the Slayers! It's official: teenage mood swings turn The Sims 4 into a horror game.
    Caleb, Part Four: Nancy Shoe
    fbENFY5.png
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I'm trying to set up a Mermaid 100 Baby Challenge, but...it's kinda difficult given the whole Occult Sims rules. I tried to drown Mortimer Goth and even with the Siren's Call three times, it didn't work...
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I'm trying to set up a Mermaid 100 Baby Challenge, but...it's kinda difficult given the whole Occult Sims rules. I tried to drown Mortimer Goth and even with the Siren's Call three times, it didn't work...

I found this mod on Mod the Sims. I'm not sure how/if it works.
    http://modthesims.info/d/629669/deadly-siren-s-call-needs-update.html
    I know I needed to add a mod to make vampires lethal in my game. I'm not sure if the same is true for mermaids.
    @15aewar

I'm wanting to still do the 100 Baby Challenge, but I don't know if I can stick by the rules...Also, I can't find where to download it, though it looks perfect. It seems like if it's not in the home lot, the Sim won't drown, so I'm not sure exactly how to handle that.

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Today's Side Tracks... Part 2!

e0KbyRU.png
    Those Who Are Left Behind, Part 2
    featuring @MINEZ's Aria, @Munterbacon's Munter, @LegacySims2017's Joseph, @simscognito's Riley, @CathyTea's Cathy, and @Shadami's Amy

Also... bonus Sim short over on my Simblr... a quick short featuring Nora Green and @MINEZ's Julian.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @15aewar

I'm wanting to still do the 100 Baby Challenge, but I don't know if I can stick by the rules...Also, I can't find where to download it, though it looks perfect. It seems like if it's not in the home lot, the Sim won't drown, so I'm not sure exactly how to handle that.

Not sure if it's allowed with the 100 baby challenge, but when I needed Summer Holiday to die in my Randomacy, I switched to her, buitl a swimming pool, and waited for her to drown.
    image.png
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hey everyone :) I've got a new chapter of TDC up. Only one tho, since for a number of reasons I'm going back to posting one chapter at a time (with some exceptions). But with that note out of the way, the chapter can be read here:
    ipysrEu.png
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hey, ya'll! It's been a long, long time since I posted in this thread. I just started a new legacy challenge, and I figured I'd share the link in case any of my old friends wanted to check it out. (Some of you may remember me from my old blog Sims and Such - I was playing the legacy challenge with my simself and made it to generation 8 before my computer gave up and ate the save. But that was years ago, so I don't blame you if you don't remember!).
    One more chapter for The David Legacy before I switch stories again.

4.24 A Day Off
    image.png
    edited May 2020
    I finally settled on what I want to do - a Mermaid Bachelorette!

I'm looking for contestants at the moment, so please let me know if you're interested!
  • miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    Hello, I'm planning on translating my Build Newcrest Challenge in English, because in my mother tongue I can't reach enough audience to my likings. I have published just three chapters so it's not a big deal. But do you have any opinions about should I start a fresh new blog for that or could I just update the old one, adding a page where the English chapters go? That would suit the lazy old me, but it might not be the most convenient to my potential readers. What do you say?
  • PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hello lovely creative people! I hope you are all well and healthy! Today I have a slightly different story to share with you. Its's a text-only fanfic of @mercuryfoam Between2Worlds, called Worlds Apart. It can be enjoyed by itself as a short story, but I recommend the original story as well, if you like a darker story with captivating characters.
  • PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hello @miwa09 If I read you correctly you are talking about writing the same story in English and your mother tongue? That's not lazy in any way you do it. I am ESL too. What I would do is simply have one story and one blog in English. If you think your original audience has no problem with English, it's lazier to just write a story once :wink: Alternatively have the main blog in the language that you want to reach in, with links to other stories in the other language. Some writing just sounds better in our mother tounges! :smile:
    I finally settled on what I want to do - a Mermaid Bachelorette!

I'm looking for contestants at the moment, so please let me know if you're interested!

ME! I am interested!
    49886159581_8ebc2b57a8_h.jpg
  • miwa09miwa09 Posts: 373 Member
    Hello @miwa09 If I read you correctly you are talking about writing the same story in English and your mother tongue? That's not lazy in any way you do it. I am ESL too. What I would do is simply have one story and one blog in English. If you think your original audience has no problem with English, it's lazier to just write a story once :wink: Alternatively have the main blog in the language that you want to reach in, with links to other stories in the other language. Some writing just sounds better in our mother tounges! :smile:

Yeah, I agree, I kind of regret that I already started the whole thing in my mother tongue, it feels kind of stupid now to suddenly change it. It wouldn't make that much difference if I just wrote it in English, but what I thought before starting the blog was that since my game is in my mother tongue, it would be easier to also write in that... But now I realise I'm not gonna reach wide enough audience with that so I have to change languages anyway :p But I feel obligation to continue publishing also in my mother tongue, since I already started the whole thing with that... *sigh*

What I was trying to ask was, would it be too hard for non-Finnish speaking readers to navigate mostly foreign blog and read the English chapters there, or would it be better to start a new blog for that completely in English.

And I think I answered that question myself :D I guess I just start one blog in English where I can translate this particular challenge and also publish all the upcoming challenges I may start.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top