Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Zoey95 wrote: »
    Ooops another question. I fear that Lilith will bear nothing but sons if she is mostly living on carrots. She doesn't fish and while Adam cannot gift her a fish, he can cook one, I cancel him eating it, she can eat that one while he cooks another. I'm thinking even in the prehistoric days a sim should be able to share food. As far as I know a fish bowl/tank and fridge are the only ways to transfer fish. Would it be possible to place the smaller well fridge in this set on my lot - http://budgie2budgie.tumblr.com/post/134918051395/history-players-and-others-the-awesome for the express purpose of transferring fish from one prehistoric sim to another? I did warn you that I'd drive you bonkers with questions, didn't I?

You should be able to drag the fish from one Sims inventory to another sim - just drag the fish to the other Sims picture on the bottom panel and it will highlight them and when you let go, the fish will be in their inventory. I do this all the time with the fish and produce I gather so it spreads across the family :)
  • Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    You should be able to drag the fish from one Sims inventory to another sim - just drag the fish to the other Sims picture on the bottom panel and it will highlight them and when you let go, the fish will be in their inventory. I do this all the time with the fish and produce I gather so it spreads across the family :)

@Spacey72659 Thank you for letting me know that! I had no idea. My poor simmie was about to turn orange from all those carrots LOL
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    I'm not getting an error message at all. When I am on the gallery, I can access the lot on my home tab, but it's nowhere to be found on my library tab :(
    Oh that changes things, I think I might know what the problem is now :)
    Did you check the "show items that use CC" option in the library? It is off by default. I did the same thing once with a lot I made, I saved it and checked the library, but it wasn't there, so I saved it again and again, and when I eventually found the option, I saw that I had like 6 versions of the lot in my library :p

Too bad about the screenshot thing though.
    34in38k.png
    Oh that changes things, I think I might know what the problem is now :)
    Did you check the "show items that use CC" option in the library? It is off by default. I did the same thing once with a lot I made, I saved it and checked the library, but it wasn't there, so I saved it again and again, and when I eventually found the option, I saw that I had like 6 versions of the lot in my library :p

Too bad about the screenshot thing though.

@Cloudseeker Thank you for that tip! I went to the library and found that little button and there was my missing lot. Then I deleted the extra copies LOL

On the screenshots, I discovered (through much google searching and testing) if they are sorted by Date Modified + ascending, it will sort your screenshots out properly :smiley:
    @Zoey95 Good that everything got sorted out :)
    34in38k.png
    I have wasted spent the better part of this morning creating a prehistoric shower without privacy issues. Once I've tested it properly, I'll link it on this thread. It's really spendy compared to a wooden tub, so the little cavesims will need to save up for it!
    @Zoey95 That's so awesome! I am currently compiling a list of "officially-approved" CC for the challenge, stuff that you would be allowed to use even when the rules tell you otherwise, and a waterfall shower (if that is what it is) sounds like something that might end up on that list :)
    34in38k.png
    edited March 2016
    @Cloudseeker Until EA gives us a public shower option, those not opposed to CC can use this - http://treelifecreations.tumblr.com/post/140052956107/public-showers-for-download-so-i-was-building-a You, of course would set the rules as to when we could add them to the game and how we should compensate the price. I have discovered that using the shower in swimwear option will permit a sim to bath in front of others. The shower nude option will cause embarrassment. (Well, I already knew that for the EA showers LOL) I have built two shower "rooms" so far and tested them. One room is for the bathing suit option and the room costs $1362 as opposed to the value of a handcrafted tub for $1510 (according to the web source I found). That would make it a fairly close swap. I made it for the desert, but it could be easily tweaked to suit the player and other worlds. I will share it with the gallery most likely tomorrow. The other room I've built is for use of the nude showering option. I'll need to put a tutorial up for installing it as it's a bit tricky :P It's also lovely and spendy, total cost being just over $7000 LOL I will try to share that on the gallery tomorrow as well. I have a few more ideas, possibly even trying to use a game shower without CC, but we'll see. My first shower room had to be completely scrapped as it involved a pool and I didn't know that the pool could not be saved to the library inside the room :(

ETA: It's been a trying day, but I managed to get one of my "natural showers" up on the gallery. A link to pictures and info is here: Primitive Plumbing Rooms
    Post edited by Zoey95 on
  • johnny49johnny49 Posts: 82 Member
    @Cloudseeker How do I stage a party with no stereos or Djs? The sims 4 parties are so rigid in their requirements and I am not sure what to do. Is there a mod?
    @johnny49 The parties do not always require you to have music, and in case it does, you don't have to fulfil all of the goals of the party to get a gold medal. Just keep trying, and eventually you'll get that gold medal.

Hopefully we might get a patch in the future that makes it so that music that other Sims play can count for the "listen to music" party goal, but until then, I'm afraid we'll have to make do with what we have. If it takes a very long time, or it seems like we won't get such a patch, I might cnange up that goal.
    34in38k.png
    edited March 2016
    @Cloudseeker Is the stereo that looks like a tree (made by ATS) permitted? I added it to my game, otherwise I cannot get my sim to dance for the scenes I want her to dance in. I use her (ATS) prehistoric dance floor as well, but that is only for a prehistoric "club" gathering. It's part of my storyline LOL I don't think the game considers it a stereo tho, because I had to hide one in the basement along with a lot other stuff to make the lot work for club gatherings.

ETA: Also, I wasn't even going to worry about the parties during the prehistoric times. I can wait until a later era to start can't I?
    @Zoey95 If your story demands it, go for it :) It doesn't really make life unfairly easy for your Sims. And you can definitely wait until a later Era to start worrying about parties :)
    34in38k.png
    More questions: Since the female sims do not age at all during pregnancy, am I expected to keep track of the extra days and compensate for them (aging them up "early") or can I just follow the game settings?

Also, if I am reading correctly, moving a sim out will reset the collectibles list? If that is the case, can I just use a check list for for my collectibles to keep track manually?

Other than the potions, are any of the other rewards restricted?

With earning the gold for the parties, are we restricted by gold per sim? I mean, can my ancestor Lilith have 5 gold dates or can she contribute only one gold date and one each of the other type of parties? Although I'm not sure how to get any other gold events readily when you don't own a stove and such LOL

Not a question, but just a note. I am using the CAS cheat to change clothes an sometimes hair of the NPCs when they pop up in my scenes and I can't shoot my screenshots around them. I always use the "headlineeffects off" at the beginning of every sim session. I can't deal with that stupid plumbob and those thought bubbles LOL
    edited March 2016
    Since the female sims do not age at all during pregnancy, am I expected to keep track of the extra days and compensate for them (aging them up "early") or can I just follow the game settings?
    That's up to you, since the length of a sim's lifetime has no major impact on how the challenge progresses.
    Also, if I am reading correctly, moving a sim out will reset the collectibles list? If that is the case, can I just use a check list for for my collectibles to keep track manually?
    You'll need to clarify. Is this something that the game does, or do you see it somewhere in the challenge rules? Because I have never encountered this myself in the game, and the rules should not say anything like that. Any contributions a sim made before moving out should stay, they just can't make any more contributions after that.
    Other than the potions, are any of the other rewards restricted?
    Only the potions are restricted.
    With earning the gold for the parties, are we restricted by gold per sim? I mean, can my ancestor Lilith have 5 gold dates or can she contribute only one gold date and one each of the other type of parties? Although I'm not sure how to get any other gold events readily when you don't own a stove and such LOL
    You just need to get 10 gold medals for each of the base game social events, over the course of the entire challenge. Plain and simple :)
    34in38k.png
    You'll need to clarify. Is this something that the game does, or do you see it somewhere in the challenge rules? Because I have never encountered this myself in the game, and the rules should not say anything like that. Any contributions a sim made before moving out should stay, they just can't make any more contributions after that.

I'm sorry sometimes my words don't add up to my thoughts... or maybe they are both jumbled :wink:
    On the goal "complete at least 10 in-game collections", let's say my sim is collecting all the metals, but at first she is so poor she is selling them. Even though she might sell them all, the fact that she finds them will show in her household collection as found. There are simmers that have their collections found reset - http://forums.thesims.com/EN_US/discussion/814545/collections-reset when moving a household member out. I'm worried that I could get a collection partially or mostly completed and find my household records resets to zero because I've moved a few sims out to make room. Is this making any sense? :smiley:

@Zoey95 Hmm, okay, so it's a bug that happens sometimes. What I would do myself is to save before moving a Sim out, and reload if the collections reset. Or, as you suggested yourself, keep track manually in some way. Then we'll just have to hope that they fix the bug soon :)
    34in38k.png
  • OtterlyRidiculousOtterlyRidiculous Posts: 45 Member
    I've just started a History Legacy story on the forums called "Hystoria"! Here's the link if anyone is interested in it. forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14666094#Comment_14666094
  • likely6likely6 Posts: 24 Member
    I was wondering, when can I send crystals and metals to the Geo Council? I want to know when i'm allowed to start collecting elements (preferably before the last era)
    @OtterlyRidiculous Awesome, shall I link to it in the main post?
    likely6 wrote: »
    I was wondering, when can I send crystals and metals to the Geo Council?
    That is completely up to yourself, you decide when you think it is appropriate :)
    34in38k.png
  • OtterlyRidiculousOtterlyRidiculous Posts: 45 Member
    @Cloudseeker That would be amazing, thank you! :smiley:
    edited March 2016
    @Cloudseeker I'll warn you that I have a splitting headache, so this might not make a lot of sense :D Okay, the spring patch has arrived with new collections. I'd like clarification on how these affect our game. As I understand it: the eggs (and growfruit) do not count for completing 10 in-game collections nor for the Early Civilization collectible display. But do the money from selling these items (the eggs I mean, I'm assuming growfruit will not count) go towards the Prehistoric goal of earning $20,000? And if the answer to that is "no" are we allowed to sell these spring collectibles or are we expected to shove them into the inventory for the remainder of the challenge?
    Jasmine Holiday, our new Challenge Coordinator, is waiting for you at the community gardens found in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek. And she is looking for your help in gathering growfruit… turns out she needs a lot.

Bring her 20 growfruit and she’ll give you a new planter. Bring her a perfect growfruit, and she’ll give you the bedazzled planter. Jasmine also has a limited supply of super fertilizer that she is willing to share with you to help you grow that perfect growfruit.

Is it okay that growfruit becomes a part of our crops? And can we set the bedazzled planter in inventory until it fits the era? And the same for the super fertilizer?

And one more... If one of our prehistoric sims meets the goal of reaching level 10 in fishing, gardening and handiness are we also allowed to check those three off our challenge wide goals of reaching level 10 in every skill at least one?
    @Zoey95 To avoid complicating things as much as possible, I would not count any of the time-limited items towards any goals, but you can sell them just for money. I see no problems with you growing growfruit and keeping the planter and fertilizer, just use your common sense for when to use them.

The skills absolutely count towards the challenge-wide goal :)
    34in38k.png
    Thank you, @Cloudseeker I'm going to try and avoid the growfruit because I've heard it "glows" LOL The eggs are hard to avoid and I find them irritating because you can't avoid them and they aren't worth that much :#
    @Cloudseeker When using the random sim generator, if we get the same aspiration multiple times... should we randomize it again or go with having the same one?
    @Zoey95 You should go with what the randomizer gives you. Since no one has gotten very far into the challenge yet, I do not know if this will be too hard/frustrating, so let me know if you start having trouble with the "complete each aspiration at least once" goal due to the randomizer, and I might soften up the rules a bit.
    34in38k.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top