Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge

Comments

• MykuskaMykuska Posts: 3 New Member
    LOVE IT :).
    I just started 13.2. - until this day i just build and build something, can't play sims4 different way.
    But this is great :).
  • CloudseekerCloudseeker Posts: 353 Member
    I just have a little question about the 'reach level 10 in the handiness/fishing/gardening skills' goal for the prehistoric era. The sims I chose for this is about halfway through the elder lifestage, and I'm worried he's not going to reach 3 level 10's in time. Would it be allowed to make his ghost playable, once he dies, and get the remaining skills that way (as long as it's still the prehistoric era)?
    As long as he's not one of your Ancestors (though I have a sneaking suspicion that he is), he can absolutely rejoin the family and contribute to goals as a ghost. The reason this isn't allowed for Ancestors is that once the Era ends, the ghost must be released to the Netherworld, which removes it, and you need your Ancestor's ghost for one of the Modern Day goals.

In case the Sim in question is your Ancestor, I'm afraid you can only hope that he manages to get the skills in time (or hope that the Reaper is in a generous mood). Or have one of his children complete the goal, whichever you prefer :)

@Mykuska Glad you like it :)
    34in38k.png
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Spent all day creating my Sims, building my lot, and getting screen shots to do my backstory/teaser video. WHOOO!!
    So excited.
    I think I'm going to try to record the teaser tonight so I can upload it Tuesday (that's the time slot I have for this one). AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. <-really excited to start.
    Finished my teaser intro - it's posting Tuesday!

CbTdoC2W0AAXlth.jpg:large
  • BigCatlover26BigCatlover26 Posts: 215 Member
    I'm a little bit confused with the nation park can we gather things from there as well or like where do we gather fruits and things like that
    I'm a little bit confused with the nation park can we gather things from there as well or like where do we gather fruits and things like that
    You can gather anything from anywhere in your home World, and you can go to other worlds to gather things that are required by goals or aspirations. So, for example, going to Granite Falls to collect insects for the collectibles goal in Early Civilization is allowed, but not going there just for vacation.
    34in38k.png
  • leiamoonleiamoon Posts: 10 New Member
    > @johnny49 said:
    > Raiiny_Daze wrote: »
    >
    > Isn't it sort of impossible to paint a complete family portrait? One person has to be painting it... so wouldn't they be left out? If that one person is left out would it still count as a family portrait?..
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I agree. It's not possible. And even if it was there is no "paint portrait" option that I can find.

I made one portrait for the challenge rules but I wanted a full portrait to the future and myself so I made a painter guy who made it for my family. In the future I think I will use spouse of the next generations so the "basic" family will be on the portrait. I thought if I made one within the rules it will be okay...
  • Andalaysha3444Andalaysha3444 Posts: 22 Member
    Um how are Sims supposed to try for baby without a bed? I don't have Get Together, so no bushes for me
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Andalaysha3444 sims an also woohoo in tents,hot tubs,sauna's,walk-in closets,rocketships and observeatory's for as far i know.
  • Andalaysha3444Andalaysha3444 Posts: 22 Member
    @TheGeekGamez I only have Get to Work and Movie Hangout Stuff and the base game. I don't think rocket ships and observatories are allowed in the prehistory times generation
  • TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Andalaysha3444 they arent indeed. if you dont have outdoor retreat then you woud have to use beds in this challenge anyway.
  • historicalsimslifehistoricalsimslife Posts: 7 New Member
    @johnny49 I've been getting ridiculous bills lately as well. If it's okay not to pay bills in prehistoric era does anyone know is there a mod that could make households not have them anymore?
  • CheerfulTulipCheerfulTulip Posts: 13 New Member
    @historicalsimslife im not aware of any mods that get rid of bills, but carl's guide has a cheat that autopays them: households.autopay_bills
    I haven't tested it myself, but I hope it helps
  • johnny49johnny49 Posts: 82 Member
    @historicalsimslife I never found a solution to the bills and child support. Luckily once the garden started kicking in I didn't care any more. I reduced the garden to dragon fruit and by the Middle Ages I have a over a million to rebuild.
  • MykuskaMykuska Posts: 3 New Member
    If anyone want on Mod the Sims is cool mod "All Outdoor Retreat wild insects unlocked to place on lots". I can't post a link but you will find it there. Its cool if don"t have history challenge on Granite falls and you are lazy as me to go there :smiley:
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    @Cloudseeker I have a question - why are only male sims allowed several partners in the prehistoric era? I thought the women could too, so I got her pregnant with a dude in the neighborhood. I think that both men and women in the prehistoric times would have multiple partners, is there a specific reasoning behind this? I'll just have to disregard the child if it's not allowed, haha.
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
    @kristinepunktum Hmm, I think that might be a leftover from a previous version, where I sacrificed historical accuracy for a smooth progression. Both men and women did have multiple mates during the prehistoric times, that is correct, and so they should in this challenge. I'll make a note in my update document, and you can go ahead and keep the child :)
    34in38k.png
    edited February 2016
    Recorded my first part (with actual game play - the teaser and the 1st part were backstory/intro to the challenge) and..man, what a hot mess, Hahahahaa! Since my "founder" is an alien, I'm trying to keep that hidden from the other simmies and 10 second in he uses his mind powers on one of them... fail... close without saving, restart... get an alien abduction... *sigh.
    LOL!! Oh well, I kinda wrote it into the story so I guess it works Hahahahaa.

Here's a link to the playlist if anyone likes watching YouTube challenges. I post this one on Tuesdays as part of "Time Tuesday" :D
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy2eJptcpgnGVeZioKGhGu3_kBIlhQvkH
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    What child asipration can a child have in Roman/Egyptain civilation?
    6adMCGP.gif
    @Spacey72659 Nice! I'll add the link in the main post, if you want me to :)

@MadameLee They can have the Social Butterfly aspiration, since it is allowed in the Prehistoric Era. Anything that's allowed in an Era stays allowed for every following Era, unless an Era specifically disallows it again.
    34in38k.png
    @Spacey72659 Nice! I'll add the link in the main post, if you want me to :)

@MadameLee They can have the Social Butterfly aspiration, since it is allowed in the Prehistoric Era. Anything that's allowed in an Era stays allowed for every following Era, unless an Era specifically disallows it again.

Ooo yes please :D that would be awesome.
  • kristinepunktumkristinepunktum Posts: 166 Member
    @kristinepunktum Hmm, I think that might be a leftover from a previous version, where I sacrificed historical accuracy for a smooth progression. Both men and women did have multiple mates during the prehistoric times, that is correct, and so they should in this challenge. I'll make a note in my update document, and you can go ahead and keep the child :)

Haha great, I don't have to neglect the child, and since I'm recording it too it would be a hassle to get rid of the baby. :sweat: I made several "tribes" around town so they have someone to socialize with, and have relations with and I finally got her pregnant so that's a relief! Thanks for the clearing up! :smiley:
    My Youtube Channel
    Current challenges: The History Challenge, the 10 Baby Mama Challenge (Sims 3) and of course; The Legacy Challenge.

kEVfgAW.jpg
    edited March 2016
    RULES UPDATE
    I have made a rules update in response to some input I have received, and to add rules for Movie Hangout Stuff and Romantic Garden Stuff.
    • Fish and plants no longer count toward the money earning goal of the Prehistoric Era. The goal has been lowered to 20 000 simoleons to compensate.
      This is so that people won't have to decide whether to sell a fish or keep it for food. Also, the plants had the potential to make the goal absolutely trivial.
    • The challenge-wide goal "earn 150 000 simoleons during a single Era" has been raised to 250 000 simoleons.
    • I have added some clarification as to which social events are needed for the challenge-wide "earn 10 gold medals on each social event" goal.
    • The cas.fulleditmode cheat is now allowed for modifying tattoos and other skin details, but ONLY for those purposes.
    • Gaming Tables have been moved from the Roaring Twenties to the Old West.
    • Both male and female Sims may now have multiple mates during the Prehistoric Times.
    • Popcorn Poppers are now allowed from the Roaring Twenties onward.
    • Movie Projectors are now allowed from the Roaring Twenties onward.
    • Wishing Wells are now allowed from the Middle Ages onward.
    The scoresheet has been updated accordingly.

Feel free to ask if anything needs further clarification.
    Post edited by Cloudseeker on
    34in38k.png
    So, my free time has started to clear up, meaning that I've finally been able to begin working on the major update I've been planning, including (but not limited to) splitting the Prehistoric Era in two, rewriting the "allowed objects" portion of the individual Era rules to make it easier to know what's allowed and what's not, and redrawing all the Era banners in a style that is both more aesthetically pleasing and more fitting to the style of Sims 4. I don't know exactly how long it will take, but hopefully you'll have it before the end of the month (no promises though).

Oh, and if you're currently in the Prehistoric Era, don't worry about having to restart the challenge or anything in order to accomodate for the new Eras, you'll be able to just switch over to one of the two new ones more or less seamlessly.
    34in38k.png
  • AnninhalizAnninhaliz Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been waiting for this update in order to start the challenge <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top