Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Charlottesmom In case you needed a recap

F5z4ktA.png

And don't forget the completely unbiased Judge

FGhxiZ5.png

:smirk:

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Praise the Lord!!! :star:
    (I really don't mean that disrespectfully. :worried: I am like literally praising Him right now! :p )

I figured out a way to fix the broken picture links in my Ponyville Story!!! Woop woop!!! (Stupid Facebook...because that's who I used as my 3rd party image hosting site at the time I was writing it and that was a BAD idea because...they're always changing cr'ap on their end, hence the broken links, so anyway! )

When I discovered the links were broken (months ago) I was like, "Oh my holy nelly, HOW am I going to figure out which pictures go where because...all the pictures saved on my desktop had various different names to them (another mistake I made...before learning to name pictures by chapter number...)? I tried various different ways to fix those stupid links and was getting no where! :pensive: I was beginning to think that my last resort of re-uploading the pictures somewhere else and trying to fit them in the right places in the story would be impossible to do because:

tenor.gif

Seriously! A mom does not have time to figure all that out! :weary:

However, I remained hopeful (and was in the mood to try again ;) ) and got back onto the FB account I used to upload the pictures and (how do I explain this? :confused: )
    I discovered (wish I had earlier...) that all the pictures were uploaded in the order that I did the chapters!! :grin: Well that just made replacing the pictures A WHOLE LOT easier! So, I copy the link address on each pic, (to try and get a fixed link and actually "copy link address" didn't work on Wordpress for some reason, but I soon figured out that "Copy Image" does! :smiley: ) replace it with the broken link, and all is FIXED! A story with pictures again!!! WOO HOO!!! :mrgreen:

I hope that all made sense... ;)

Indeed this was a Praise the Lord moment. Y'all have no idea how much it was driving me nuts not having the pictures of all my beautiful pony sims visible there on my blog with the story............

I've learned a lot of lessons on story organization and backing things up since I wrote Ponyville (in 2015). :blush: And may I never have another mess like this because of it.

**I haven't completely finished fixing all the broken picture links, (will still take a bit of time) but could some of you please do me a favor and check out my blog here:
    https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com/ponyville/3/
    and click on pages 3-8 (below; please check them all) and let me know if you see the images just to make sure I'm not only one seeing them on my end. Would hate to do all this work to have it be a failure. :anguished: Thanks a bunch! <3**

***Also feedback and my replies to your questions will come tomorrow. :kissing_heart: It was another busy day.***

Happy Simming my friends. :) Goodnight.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @bekkasan Thank you for the comments sweet lady. <3 (Yours too @coco and @lisasc360 :kissing_heart: )
    bekkasan wrote: »

Maybe Jasper is never nude?
    ^That was the first trait I checked for and Nope, he doesn't have it. ;) He's got Insane.
    And I was with you on that thinking because I thought sims got nekkid in the mud bath, but now I'm remembering that no they just get in their swimwear. (Correct me anyone if I'm wrong on this...) Because if that were the case he'd definitely have the Never Nude trait, but he doesn't.
    The Insane trait causes sims to change into whatever outfit they feel like (I'm sure you already know that. :blush: ) so instead of changing into his swimwear (where most guys are bare-chested, to look like they're nekkid in there) he changed into his athletic wear and got in. :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited August 2018
    Proud as heck of myself :3

So I am a Blender novice. I have 140 hours total experience. lol But I just made this top from scratch (except the badge and another little detail which I borrowed from the Saints Row shirt I was using as reference) and I am quite proud of it. :3 So allow me to gloat for a moment.

Wki4Obz.png

eUk8BkE.png

And in a different color and lighting so you can see the details better:
    IyTTFWl.png

I know it isn't the best, but since I am modelling these in Blender and not using Marvelous Designer, I think it's impressive. At least, it is to me. :tongue:

PS: Middle seam is the bane of my existence. :lol:
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Charlottesmom -It's sims history and that can have things not available in real history.I just added those things because they needed things to do in town and I didn't want them wandering around getting bored.Great pictures!
    @bekkasan _I wish I could replace the mascot's outfit with monk's robes for males and nun's outfits for females.I can still pretend the mascot is a nun or monk instead as that's what would've come in those days and the bucket would've had a bible and cross in it.Great update!
    @Mikezumi -Great update!
    @king_of_simcity7 -Great pictures!
    @plushtrap_107 -I have to remove them from new games if the town is starting off with only one active family or the game throws script errors that break sims and the other option of adding more families isn't an option when the founding family has no house built on their lot until they get that done and the time comes to add the next family.
    @TeenWolf_1999 -Great update!
    @PalmArrow -Great update!
    @MKSizzle -Great update!
    @MoonandStars83 -That's how it is when they move into a new town and into their home lot until they build a house on that lot.Great picture!
    @emorrill -Great update!
    @Brierisha -Hi there!I play it heavily Modded and play rotationally like SIms2.
    @lisasc360 -Thanks for your comment.
    @coco -It's actually like that with almost all of my games except Twinbrook whoch take about two minutes to load.
    @Emily4331 -Great pictures!
    Here's one treasure I found that likely came from that huge CC file.
    42892418645_bc86c53091_b.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited August 2018
    Update: Well my gaming desktop refuses to update to the latest windows 10 security updates so I haven't been able to play the sims lately. So I just bought the Sims 4, vampires, and get to work for ps4.
    --

Accalia started her first day as a detective today. She was feeling excited to get to work. She couldn't wait to see what she had in store.
    ExQLKm0.jpg
    For some reason however, it said to travel to the crime scene despite being at the crime scene, so she couldn't really do anything. When she got home, she decided to make chips.
    K2LZ9Ev.jpg
    After that she passed out on the couch, totally exhausted.
    OzOPEuE.jpg

Post edited by wolfkomoki1 on
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @meerkattime , your sim can invite Triton King to her house, and then you can have them visit one of the diving lots together!

@TadOlson , an open book that functions as a computer? That's awesome!
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I am back at work in one hours time :(

giphy.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@msbeckycat Hope you feel better.

@CravenLestat That picture is very suspicious. I think the mayor used some influence getting the trial set up.

@emorrill I see your pictures!! Congrats on getting it fixed. I looked at all the pages 3-8. I didn't read as I don't have time for that this morning, but when you get it all fixed will start reading the story from the beginning. I was here hit and miss back when you were posting it so will be nice to read it all.
    I don't play with the insane trait so I'm not sure, but, I do know from reading here that they do change up clothes weirdly so that must be it.

@Emily4331 It is a very smexy top and outfit. I think for a party dancer it would be great. I do hope you get that seam thing figured out. It is not as noticeable as it once was, but still visually off putting for immersion in the game.

@TadOlson All I know is it would drive me batty. But I know you are not trying to play realistically, but simlistically. :lol:

@wolfkomoki1 Looks like she lost a bunch of weight just laying down. I sure would like a couch like that!

@meerkattime Thanks for the comments. :) I love your diving pictures. I hope she finds Triton King and is able to be converted. :)
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited August 2018
    L/A to all...

@meerkattime , Thank you for all the wonderful feedback! :smiley:

@CravenLestat , Yeah yeah...untweaked gorgeous TM daughter...*sigh* I'll never get one of those. *cue pity party* :cry:
    **A gorgeous girl makes you a pie and you pout over the flavor...typical! MEN!! :D

@TadOlson , Oh, okay Sim history...
    **Great updates.

@emorrill , Blink and you're 3 pages behind! *remember WHO started this thread* :D;)
    **Mortimer and Liz were being so cooperative for some of the conversation shots it was great, I love it when Sims give you exactly the expression you need.
    **Dalia could totally kick the snot out of Liz...*but*...well I'm not telling!! :wink:
    **Wrote all the old Goth stuff right after Kate which was almost a year and a half ago. Getting going on new Goth stuff right now, it is still intertwined with Kate and will be included in my Kate story thread.
    **I think with certain characters it is all the sweeter in the end when you make them wait and wait and wait and wait! (L and Meggie :wink: )
    **The doctor's appointment was stressing me, but all is well as you know. :smiley:

@coco , Thank you for all the sweet feedback!
    **I wonder what my avatar looks like at the TS3 site, not sure I ever paid attention after I threw the picture up, I think she is very old version of Rebecca my evil SS....(who doesn't even exist anymore except in ghost form, she died in a fire at the Bistro and I decided to go with it).
    **Now I have to go look at yours!! :wink:
    **Light is truly a jerk in the anime/manga! L has jerky moments too and Misa...well I feel the same as you!
    **I've been reading some Near/Matt Fan Fiction lately (after a brief stop over reading Matt/Mello), Matt and Near are soooo suited to each other, it's actually sweet. Also read some Mello/Near but some of the authors are so cruel to poor sweet Near at the hands of bully Mello. Light and L will always be my favorite FF couple though. I really was in love with Meggie and L, when the story was going on but shortly thereafter I really wanted the boys back together, L was a loan...
    **Yup, got all my Kate and Goth updates, all of Kate is in one place now and it's merging into the Goths..
    **I admit I go overboard with Liz and her stalking but she is so fun to go crazy with.
    **I'd love to see more of Sun and Saville!! Funny how certain Sims can grow on you when they were just a background/minor character...some just edge their way into your heart. (L was meant to be nothing but a few screenshots as a very minor friend in Meggie's life in that story...he sure took over and set up shop in my heart!), I bet you won't totally give up on Sun, Saville and family. :wink:
    **I was getting sick of Dalia and Mortimer waiting, might as well get it over with, though I typically love the build up and the delays...delays and more delays, love the tension.
    **I remember the second day I was playing Sims 3, there was rain....then really LOUD thunder, scared the hay out of me!! In RL I adore storms but gee wiz did Sims storms ever scare me.
    **Don't wish your life away but live thrifty and be careful with your money when young and when you hit middle age it pays back.
    **My husband even touch a Sims game (Well he did adore the he*ck out of Sim City) but any Sims 3 stuff, no way, he'd rather have his eyes removed with tongs (he's really not a fan). :wink:
    **Meggie and L got lucky with Bryce, he's mostly L, but bits of Meggie. Their girls are typically in need of work....(I messed with them in CAS genetics for preview babies, Bryce is legit though).
    **I really wanted Shane with Julia!! seriously my one gay couple (okay two) spreads gay like wildfire.
    **I got a sick kick out of that good luck charm aimed right at Light's "non existant goodies" :lol:
    **Good luck with your other netball trials on Sunday!

@lanlyn...Emad's "open the door speech!" :lol: Emad sure is in love with himself!
    **For all the IF haters...You tell him Paladin!! There is a real kid stuck in that doll...

@king_of_simcity7 , Lovely gifts from @PalmArrow !
    **If you want pointers on stalkers I can give you some very creepy RL details as it happened to me while I was in college...*not fun at all!!*

@Mikezumi , Poor Moss, he probably feels like everyone hates him.
    **I never send my kids to boarding school, to risky, I lost 4 of my favorite kids that was, soured me from ever doing it again.
    **Cute EA on the Shirley Temple reference.
    **Mikezumi and Shannon are a very close couple shoving her head through his shoulder like that.
    **The hay ride faces!!
    **Mikezumi and Shannon look like they are out for blood playing catch with the boys.
    **Ouch indeed!!
    **Thank you for the wonderful comments!
    **Ciel's looks won't change much as I adore him as is...actually there will most likely not bee any good off time with the guys until I finish up with M/D and Liz.

@bekkasan , Very big prayers for your husband!!
    **Thank you for the comments! :smiley:
    **I like that you're not pairing anyone it will make play more fun!
    **I play evil, I love Evil!! Some of my favorite Sims are evil.
    **It was just a doctor's appointment stressing me but all is well.
    **Exactly!! I didn't want Connor popping out Alien kids like a gumball machine but he just kept doing it! Maybe I should throw Mortimer into the Time Machine as any kid he brought back would mess up that story... :wink:
    **Bo flirting with Julia is like me hitting on my grandma (though Julia is just named for her)... :flushed:
    **I rarely ever forget Sims with "Connor's hair" , no idea why..they just stick though.
    **I need mikezumi in my saves...I have a feeling even as an elder she would be quite the man magnet!
    **Love the bull ride, I always laugh so hard watching Sims on that thing..
    **Craven's gonna pout that he doesn't get that house for his "personal use"
    **Wait...Sims need something more to do than make bots, babies and woohoo?? Where did you hear that rubbish? :wink:

@Vincent_Vengeance , Hope you are having a great vacation!

@MKSizzle , I love seeing the boys play together..
    **My families never eat together, I like seeing others familys actually able to sit down and eat.
    **Seriously!! The hamper is in their rooms right by their beds, they throw clothes a foot away..RL in sim form for sure!
    **Lovely house!!
    **I like Tilly, I think she is cuter and I adore her name!

@Nikkei_Simmer , SNOW!! Hope they make it through winter...

@Emily4331 , How could we forget Mia!
    **She looks lovely!! Katrina is pretty gorgeous too... :smiley:

edited August 2018
    @Charlottesmom In case you needed a recap

F5z4ktA.png

And don't forget the completely unbiased Judge

FGhxiZ5.png

:smirk:

Oh Riggggggght , Betty "playing" judge (let's see her credentials!!) no foul play there...bet the ever so honest and fourth right Mayor didn't "bribe" her to put poor innocent Connor away...

:mrgreen:
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,201 Member
    edited August 2018
    Im back home now. I wont do all these pages,
    so I will be back with comments on the newest page tomorrow.
    edited August 2018
    For the record Betty was NOT always the sweet innocent upstanding judge she portrays these days, there has been solid evidence of her having crazy se*xy time parties with all manner of males in her college days... :o (Color me shocked!!) so yes everyone even your sweet Betty has skeletons in their closet. ;)

Betty Entertaining...Tay Bayless, Skeet Bayless, Jack Bunch, Arlo Bunch, and Beau Merrick (who is now one of MY favorites!).

Screenshot-1136_zps7ggfl6ml.jpg

She seems to Looooooooooove Arlo, (don't worry when they get married and have 53 kids they will turn out Beautiful!! And Judy will be her mother in law) ;)

Screenshot-1137_zpsk0a9dzhl.jpg

Pillow fight!!

Screenshot-1135_zpskppynlb5.jpg
    The party then moved to the hot tub, Betty demanded they all go skinny dipping! She must have wanted to sneak a peek at some of these studs!! :o

Screenshot-1139_zpstspa7ehj.jpg

Look at that smile....whoa she is one happy little girl!!

Screenshot-1140_zpsyraksko3.jpg

Now.....are you gonna be nice to Connor or do I have to move the party to the bedroom???? >:) (I don't have any of them or the house saved anymore...)

Screenshot-1141_zpsfqaz9qlk.jpg

Forget to add a nice close up of her new..chest!!

Screenshot-1132_zpszzfulhzv.jpg

**Boy were my graphics cruddy almost 3 years ago!

:smiley:
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Charlottesmom Thanks so much for the prayers!
    Glad all is well and it is over with.
    Thanks so much for the comments. You made me laugh out loud with this comment!
    **Wait...Sims need something more to do than make bots, babies and woohoo?? Where did you hear that rubbish? :wink:
    You just reminded me I still need to go snatch Conner and Jared. I will tweak them a bit, hope they turn out ok.
    She is a sim magnet that is for sure and yep, lots more guys show up.
    It is an awesome house. I will remember it if I even take another family to the future as it is a buyable one. :)
    I'm laughing again at the Betty pics! The long haired guy looks like an ex of mine. :open_mouth: 'Cept he didn't have long hair, but the face is so eerily close. He was very hairy too!

Welcome back @Silverofdreams30!
    @Charlottesmom I had some weird experiences like that as well. An ex girlfriend in 2011 who got too attached to me and got into my own Facebook once and removed a few girls off there. The ironic thing was she met up with other guys behind me back.

That was nothing compared to others I had been with but the actual worst was not even someone I was with but they where with a former friend of mine. A total sociopath who took a dislike to me. I cannot talk about what happened on these forums but those where dark times :(

On a good point though I am satisfied with my working hours next week and my next day off is Tuesday. I wonder what Sim will communicate with me next week? This week it was Jennifer and next week I am sensing someone with a purple dress :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Thank you guys for all the sweet comments. :heart: My birthday is tomorrow! So I won't have much time to be on the forums, but I want you all to know I have awesomed your great updates and enjoyed them thoroughly! :3

I made a sim last night because I couldn't sleep. I plan on using her for a bit of a challenge. :tongue:
    jmSU9Lb.png
    @Emily4331 Nice new Sim :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @king_of_simcity7 Thank you! :3
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2018
    @Emily4331 If her challenge is putting on a 34 B cup bathing suit then she will fail miserably... :D

Badum Hiss

@Charlottesmom Revenge will be mine :grimace: Putting sweet innocent Betty in a den of lust and carnal desires full of disgusting degenerates.

@meerkattime I like how you captured the glow during mermaid transformation.I will admit to buydebugging kelp :( I am guilty

@wolfkomoki1 I think Natsuki is the cutest Doki Doki girl :love: Pink hair + Pink eyes = Waifu powers activate, plus she is the shortest one.I play so many anime games and watch it too.

PS: Krul <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

BtaocT7.gif

wstGNW4.png

Apology meerkattime I do not know how it tagged a different simmer

@MKSizzle Going to have to disagree,I truthfully am not joking think she looks really cute in the beanie hat with choppy hair.Will say the work outfit can go but that hairstyle on her is adorable.Goes great with her face

@imdragonit I think Fiona is awesome you did really good on her.But you did not make Donkey :rage: I thought with your creative skills you could make a tiny horse look like a donkey.You are fired!!! put the keys to your office on my desk
    Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • MKSizzleMKSizzle Posts: 557 Member
    @moonandstars83 Thank you so much!

@emorrill lmao That is so funny that you wanted a grilled cheese after she made that. I have seriously done the same. Maybe not with the grilled cheese, but I have definitely started craving something after the sims made it. Kirsten is really pretty! LMAO at Jasper! That is hilarious. Gotta love those insane sims. Glad you got the picture thing figured out. I will check out your blog.

@king_of_simcity7 Thank you!

@brietisha Of course there are!! Ha I don't like the Sims 4 so I think I will be sticking with 3 for the foreseeable future.

@coco Haha yup, that would be the same Noah I thought was weird as a kid. He marches to the beat of his own drummer, as they say... I know Ben looks different..but good different or bad? LOL I thought he looked pretty good. I was going to take off all the facial hair but that made him look 21. I want to know what face creams these sims use because I want in on that! I think all the kids are growing up really great looking. I do love Colin's green eyes. It is gonna be tough deciding on who will carry on the family...

@bekkasan I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts. Thank you for the comments!

@emily4331 Wow amazing job!

@tadolson Thank you!

@meerkattime Haha He really is irritatingly good, but that was the plan all along, honestly. I made him to be that way. My bad. When I saw that the game was picking his trait I was a little afraid but when I saw that, I was relieved. I was either going to pick Good or Perfectionist. Worked out! I am not surprised Sebastian couldn't figure out the salute. Geniuses are brilliant with the mind but the coordination and physical part, not so much. Lol. And yes, Colin's eye color is beautiful. I noticed that when he was a toddler and almost automatically picked him to be the heir just for that reason. I had chosen his traits beforehand though, and they are traits I wouldn't want to carry on with. I still can cheat and change them. We will see what I still think of him (and the rest of them) when they are all teens or Yas. *** Beautiful underwater pictures!

@charlottesmom Thank you! So I usually never am able to get the family to all eat together at the same time. I found this mod a while back that has a sim actually set the table for everyone and it calls them all the the table. This was the very first time I used it and I am definitely content with it. :) The laundry thing really does remind me a RL. Ashley has the slob trait, so really, it wasn't the kids... it was her. Always. SMH lol. And yes, I really do think Tilly might be the one... although Miranda looks very different from any other sim I've made and it would be interesting to see her features integrated into the family. Both will eventually end up in the family anyway. It is just the matter of who goes first. :) And Tilly is actually named after my grandmother. Her name was Otilia and everyone called her Tilly for short. :)

So I took a LOT of pictures last night because I..just...can't....stop... LOL I am going to have to go through them all and will post my update when I sort it all out. Stay tuned.
    The Palmer Legacy -- Generation 1

It all started with Zack & Blair....

• MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @emorrill Mmm... Grilled Cheese... They are especially good if you use 2 or 3 different kinds of cheese and add some bacon.
    ****Congrats on unraveling the conundrum.

@Charlottesmom Sweet li'l bunny.

@lisasc360 Have fun at your movie. I refuse to contribute to the box office earning of Tom Cruise (just don't like him, not trying to offend anyone who does).

@Brietisha *waves*

@coco Thank you. I believe it's Stealthic Babydoll. The Commune is the brainchild of @lanlyn though. I'm just one of the lucky ones she let steal borrow it.

@bekkasan Yes. Now I just have to hope that I remember it when it comes time to build the sublevels (where I'm planning on putting the bowling alley, along with a slew of other things).

@msbeckycat Hope your shoulder feels better. I believe it's been scientifically proven that kitty cuddles help immensely, so maybe Smokey will help you out.

@Emily4331 Great job. Looks like you're getting the hang of it.

@TadOlson Interesting laptop. Does it help for people with the technophobe trait?

@wolfkomoki1 I've never really played any of the professions in Sims 4. Are they fun?

@king_of_simcity7 I see Colin Farrell, but I'm not entirely sure which movie it's from.

@Silverofdreams30 That's the way to do it sometimes.

@meerkattime Weird (and slightly creepy) mer-glitch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was with the Farrs last night. Ariel and Andrew aged up to toddler. I was a little late getting in, so not much else happened. I have a CAS pic of Ariel looking like she's having an existential crisis. Or perhaps like she's plotting world domination.
    G5VJxKE.jpg

In other news, I was browsing back to school sales for gaming computers, and I was wondering if these were good specs to run Sims 3 on.
    0OpP4ii.jpg

Happy Simming, all!!
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top