Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Funny. I found out about Sims because my 5th grade teacher would complain every morning at school because her sim kept burning the house down no matter if she put a fire extinguisher or an alarm or an easy exit. XD then I didn't play until it was on GC. And finally again when get to work was just coming out. Now I have 2,3 and 4. XD

I will be playing 3, and I will likely do a story with it. My plan was (because I have so many stories running already) this is one of my for fun games until I have played at least a generation.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Vuneca Thank you so much. I'm so happy to learning part is now finished and I already been on a few interviews. I have a couple more on this Friday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

@Shadami If you do decide to do a story please post it here so we can follow.

I got into the sims right from the very beginning. The sims was actually my daughter's game but while she was playing I got interested. I was like move over and let Mommy play. I became hooked fast and have enjoyed each and every version. I can't believe I have been playing this game for 19 years.
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    hey ladies. Funny @Piazzagirl1015 I started for the same reason. She got Sims Life Stories and was playing it, then went on to The Sims 2. She encouraged me to play and we got Sims 3 shortly after from a Craigslist ad and the rest is history.

@Shadami welcome!
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• AspensongAspensong Posts: 106 Member
    I'm showing my age if I admit I was just out of college when the original "The Sims" came out and both my husband and I played it! (I was a geek girl before the phrase was even invented.) I'm going to try this challenge but it will take me a long time if I want to complete every aspiration and job now available in Sims4.
    Well, with 8 days to age up to full adult Hannah Solo just had a daughter (Avivi). Victor Feng is the baby daddy. Hannah's first attempt at a child (with Don Lothario) failed. I'm thinking of trying to complete two aspirations and 2 job tracks per sim. With all current packs loaded there are 35 of each (36 if I want to try both a bakery and a Vet Clinic). I don't know if my computer can handle 35-36 gens. I'm not even sure it will manage 18!
    I find it very strange that Get Famous offers adult jobs to teens (especially at level 5 of the job/not exactly entry level) but since Avivi Solo had already received the perk from scouting I let her take the job. It should let me finish several jobs in her lifetime. Holidays are making it difficult to finish more than one job track from level one to the top. Hannah may pass away before she gets to level 10 of her second job.
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    Hello @Aspensong welcome to the challenge and good luck!

If your game starts to get buggy from too many gens in one save (mine does that in both 3 and 4) I recommended saving your family to your gallery and dropping them into a fresh save. It's a tad annoying because you re start with all the same NPC sims, but you can go house by house and swap out families to spice things up if you're inclined.

I also had my teen sim get offered an adult job and I thought it was kinda cool but when I reloaded the game a day later, she no longer had the job leading me to believe it was a glitch of some kind. Let me know how it plays out in your game I am super curious!

I too lost the job after I reloaded. Next time a teen gets a job I'll keep the game on to see how far my teen can get! Avivi just had her daughter (Batsheba) with Caleb Vatore. I suspect she may be a vamp because a purple symbol flashed over the bassinet at the hospital. This is the first time I haven't bothered to convert a sim to vampire before romancing Caleb I wasn't sure it would work. My goal in this challenge is to try all the aspirations I haven't finished. Do you know how to go into full parent mode? It's the only part of Super Parent I've never successfully triggered. My sim kids are usually so well mannered there's little reason to order them to do stuff! Poor Hannah is slated to die in one or two days and she's only level 8 of her second career. Oh, well.
    Set a curfew that is ridiculous perhaps? So that they're guranteed to break it and they can get punished letting you get the achievement?
    Thank you for the suggestion, Shadami. Do you know how long the glowing birthday/ it's a sim's time last? My matriarch Hannah Solo has been glowing for at least a week. I once had a glowing that only lasted about one sim hour. That sim aged up during travel to the site where her party was supposed to be held so she didn't get cake and was sad.
    i'm not really sure. I'm fairly new to the sims. xD but i think there is an alert when there is three days left?
    Well, My Matriarch, Hannah Solo had a visit from the Grim Reaper. She was at least 108 sim days old. I can only assume that her body builder aspiration made her healthier and longer lived than most. Two days of sadness for her two currently living descendents.
    Hey guys. Just popping in to say hello. I know we're in a lull with the thread currently, but hope you're all doing okay.

• Amber RaineAmber Raine Posts: 3 New Member
    Not sure if this thread still gets any attention or anything. However, after reading through many challenges, I believe this is going to be the one that I have chosen to do. I am actually going to run it twice to see how I do. One is going to be live streamed on twitch / youtube while the other is going to be for personal fun.

Going to run the standard rules on stream while running the Iron man in personal. Should be fun! :) Thank you for creating it OP'r
  • Amber RaineAmber Raine Posts: 3 New Member
    > @"Amber Raine" said:
    > Not sure if this thread still gets any attention or anything. However, after reading through many challenges, I believe this is going to be the one that I have chosen to do. I am actually going to run it twice to see how I do. One is going to be live streamed on twitch / youtube while the other is going to be for personal fun.
    >
    > Going to run the standard rules on stream while running the Iron man in personal. Should be fun! :) Thank you for creating it OP'r

I meant to say "run it twice"... "simultaneously"
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Aspensong wrote: »
    Well, My Matriarch, Hannah Solo had a visit from the Grim Reaper. She was at least 108 sim days old. I can only assume that her body builder aspiration made her healthier and longer lived than most. Two days of sadness for her two currently living descendents.

I like that name, @Aspensong! :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    hey @AmberRaine the thread is still alive, just a little slower these days. Some of us regulars check in from time to time. Welcome to the challenge. When you have updates on your blog, link it here so we can check it out.

I'm working on finishing Matt. I am planning to finish writing and doing all the shots before I start posting his updates again. This way there isn't a large gap. I'm also working on going through all of my shots to update all the other for fun games.

ABM%2Bgen%2B1.png
    Update 5

OWS%2Bbanner.png
    Update 24

I am actually playing this in Sims 4 and Sims 3. Though maybe not perfectly to the rules . Having gun though. :)
    Hello all!

I hope everyone is having a great and relaxing weekend and a Happy Easter to those that celebrate.

@jazen I have been binge reading your blog so your inbox is full of my comments....
    Not sure if this thread still gets any attention or anything. However, after reading through many challenges, I believe this is going to be the one that I have chosen to do. I am actually going to run it twice to see how I do. One is going to be live streamed on twitch / youtube while the other is going to be for personal fun.

Going to run the standard rules on stream while running the Iron man in personal. Should be fun! :) Thank you for creating it OP'r

hello and welcome! If you have links to your games, we'd love to follow along with your updates

I have only been playing for fun on the rare chance I have time and interest. My personal life has taken me far far away from Going Solo sims unfortunately. I do LOVE reading other people sims stories however so please keep the updates coming!
  • LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    Hey all!
    I've been in awe with Island Living over the last few days. I mean.., it even has Mount Vuneca the vulcano! Sims-Studio one-for-one gave me 'The Islands'!! How awesome is that?
    Welcome to the new faces!! It's great to see new people coming to the challenge.
    edited July 2019
    @LittleMinxUndr !!!! So nice to see you! How've you been?

Do you really like the newest EP? I got and was super excited but I am already bored with it. Wish I had waited for a sale.

pros
    it's beautifully done
    I LOVE the new furniture and building items
    I also really like the new cloths and hair styles

cons
    stupidly expensive for not a whole lot
    LAME LAME LAME dive spots and mermaids
    game play is still just as shallow and meh as before
    the off-grid lot trait doesn't jive with the rest of the game (need several mods for it to actually make sense for play)

Did anyone get Realm of Magic? Is is any fun?
    edited October 2019
    Hey guys! Long time no chat. Hope everyone is doing well. @Vuneca I have not gotten the new pack. I wait for stuff to be on sale. I know they are running one now, but not sure if it's part of that. I've been debating on getting the island one.

I've not been doing much, still working on book stuff and playing mostly for fun these days. I'm once again attempting a standard 10 gen legacy, but not doing any sort of story or even taking pictures. Completely 'off grid' playing like I used to. LOL it's weird to say the least, but also pressure-less which is what I need.

I haven't forgotten about my Solo challenge. I even have some chapters ready to go, but I'm trying to hold off on releasing them until after I have completed Matt's gen. It's been at a standstill for way too long.

Anyway, I miss you guys. :(

• carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    Hello Everyone!
    It's been a long time huh?
    I took a little break from the sims and then ended up in the S4 Rebuilding challenge hell. (where a male Quintalyn known as Dalton emerged)
    I may have to lay the S3 going solo to rest. The game glitched out real good and I had to uninstall. I may try to reinstall it another day.
    I was going to play my S4 going solo about a week ago but the fan in my laptop died so here I am in limbo. :'(
    Hopefully I'll be good to go soon! In the meantime, I'm off to Hawaii! I'm bringing my tablet so I'll check in to catch up. :D

@Vuneca I have it, mostly for the aesthetic. I haven't played too much with the witches yet, although having a familiar would be cool. I might get Quin to go on an adventure when I get my laptop back. xD
    @carlimact oh boy have fun in Hawaii!!!! That sounds exciting. Bummer on your laptop and your game. Always something sadly. Enjoy your trip!

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well and have had a great start to the new year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top