Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poll: Do you use cheats in your games? (:

This is something I've been wondering! Do you all use cheats, like for money...work...friends...mood? Or, do you play the regular way with no cheats?

I seem to get frustrated without using the cheats, but bored when I do use them. Lol! What do you all do? :]
svnb6p.jpg

Comments

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited September 2012
    I tend to play with testingcheatsenabled on when my sim parents have to leave the toddlers home alone so that I can make sure they don't die because the baby sitters suck.
  • Indigo_OblivionIndigo_Oblivion Posts: 100 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes, yes I do.

But only really to drag the needs bars around. I don't want my sims going to work/school all smelly, and sometimes there just isn't enough time in the morning. :roll:

Also, I hate it when they get stressed at work, so I'll drag their fun bar up if that happens. I like to imagine they just downed a can of RedBull when I do. :lol:
  • YashanettaYashanetta Posts: 146 New Member
    edited September 2012
    So far I have not used any cheats in my game.
  • CindyLew66CindyLew66 Posts: 9
    edited September 2012
    *covers her face in shame*

Yeah, i do...but mainly to get things done, i don't always use them, just at times. When i first started playing Sims3 i didn't, i didn't know about them...but i gained knowledge and the rest is history lol
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited September 2012
    I keep the cheat window on just in case I have to reset a stuck Sim but other than that I don't use it much.

I think the last time was when I made a townie a member of the household. The only reason I cheated on that one was because my heir's husband had died and of course, the stupid game was showing her as a cheater. I didn't want her to have to go through the "confess to cheating" nonsense and risk losing the relationship so I just moved him in. For some reason that seemed to fixed the "cheater" reputation. *shrug*

Anywho, I'm playing a legacy which forbids most cheats and I like that it makes the game more challenging.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited September 2012
    With one sim I only use the freerealestate as I hate the cheaper houses. I also use it when my sims get stuck, or when I need some quick cash I use caching. Otherwise, no. When I have more than 2 sims I use more cheats, like the one to do the bars for their needs. I just can't seem to take care of more than two without thm. I do not use the money cheats very often as that makes it not much fun to play a sim that can have everything he wants as in instant gratification. So basically I use it for things that are just a bother. I make the work their ay up in their careers, I make them buy things except house with their own money. I just need them not to starve to death while I play the other sims. So that is what I do.
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited September 2012
    Not really. I use MOO, but that's pretty much it. I always make sure my sims are all happy before they do anything for fun. It helps having the relativity mod which gives my isms more time in the day to do fun things.
  • slparsonsslparsons Posts: 57 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes I do, usually when I start a new game I become determined not to use cheats, but then I get frustrated and use them anyway. I mostly just use cheats for their needs because trying to keep them showered, fed, awake, socialized, etc is annoying and takes a lot a time. I do try to earn money the old fashioned way though.
  • Cate_0014Cate_0014 Posts: 765 New Member
    edited September 2012
    the only cheat i have ever used is the money cheat, and i try to play without it because it is so much more fun
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yeah I do only for using freerealestate, delete any cars that Overwatch failed to catch & picnic basket that can't be interact. I used to use motherlode, but that is taken in control by mastercontroller.
  • tammywroyals1990tammywroyals1990 Posts: 6
    edited September 2012
    When I start a new game I try not to use cheat codes for money to build their first house.I buy the biggest lot there is and I build a shot gun house sometimes with only one room.I buy only the basic things,fridge ,bed,potty.Sometimes I get stressed out but if I cheat I cheat bad.
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited September 2012
    I generally don't use any money cheats or cheats to alter my sims moods or get rid of negative moodlets or anything but I often cheat with friends, especially if my sim is trying to master charisma. It just take so long as is so tedious to meet and friend that many people without cheats.
  • becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited September 2012
    I generally try to not use cheats in my game...there are exceptions though. Toddler stage, when the child's needs just go out of whack (because of a stroller ride...and it would take weeks to try and get the kids needs and parent's needs all back in some sort of schedule). Or the celebrity disgrace thing (but now I have a mod so it won't happen any more)

I do use MOO sometimes and have used "free realestate"...mostly because it fit into my story line that I created (the children were left the family home in Moonlight falls). Beyond that I try not to...

Heck, I don't even want to use the buydebug thing...and one reason why I put Pets off for so long (because I LIKE my sims to fish and don't want to have to use the buydebug menu).

But I don't look down on those that do. Funny thing, it's just because when I started playing I didn't know about cheats...and now, I kinda like to play without them...
  • lilsis3421lilsis3421 Posts: 1,258 New Member
    edited September 2012
    every time! it makes it easier to get on with playing out your storyline :)
  • tammywroyals1990tammywroyals1990 Posts: 6
    edited September 2012
    When I start a new game I try not to use cheat codes for money to build their first house.I buy the biggest lot there is and I build a shot gun house sometimes with only one room.I buy only the basic things,fridge ,bed,potty.Sometimes I get stressed out but if I cheat I cheat bad.At the End I have a mansion.
  • morgandaniellexomorgandaniellexo Posts: 414 Member
    edited September 2012
    Wow, lots of people play the old fashioned way!

This is motivating me to use less cheats... haha. I think? :P
    svnb6p.jpg
  • Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    edited September 2012
    Only if I really have to, like if a sim gets stuck or I get overwhelmed!
  • DicieDicie Posts: 262 Member
    edited September 2012
    Mostly for skill gaining and once my toddlers learn all they need to know I make them stay asleep until they age up
  • BunnyFatBunnyFat Posts: 199 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I don't use cheats for money (except freerealestate to move in neighbors, but I don't use it for my active families), but I do sometimes use cheats to make my Sims happier. I really try hard not to do it, and I will leave them unhappy, but sometimes too much goes on and I just can't take it and I'll "fix" them. :wink:
  • AaronMarieAaronMarie Posts: 346
    edited September 2012
    I tend to use cheats every once in a while like for getting the toddlers sleepy.
    I try to make my game as realistic as possible so I get them to go to sleep several times in the day like a normal toddler would do in real life. It's just a personal liking of mine.
  • KurisutiKurisuti Posts: 1,003 Member
    edited September 2012
    Depends on the family! :) On my main family I do not play with any cheats. It is tough lol
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited September 2012
    Sometimes. It depends on if I i feel like cheating.

Sometimes i go for a challenge, other times I play easy/
  • Rabid47Rabid47 Posts: 625 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi,

There's cheats, and then there's cheats.

While I don't see using 'resetsim' (to unstick a stuck sim) a cheat, I can't see the point in maxing out all the mood sliders. Surely that defeats the object of the game.

For me, mods add the most variation to gameplay.

R47 :wink:
  • IndigoXXIndigoXX Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2012
    This is something I've been wondering! Do you all use cheats, like for money...work...friends...mood? Or, do you play the regular way with no cheats?

I seem to get frustrated without using the cheats, but bored when I do use them. Lol! What do you all do? :]

I used to use cheats all the time but like the OP stated, I got bored very quickly. Nowadays, I try not to, unless they are building cheats such as moveobjects, constrainfloorelevation, and buydebug. But I don't really consider those cheats in a sense b/c they have zero affect on my gameplay. They are basically used for aesthetic purposes only. They essentially provide me w/ more variety in the type of houses I build.
  • Original182Original182 Posts: 210 Member
    edited September 2012

No cheats, but I do install balancing mods like twallan's.

I even hesitate to use legitimate in-game items like the potion that freezes your age, which is purchasable with lifetime points.