Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Basketball Hoop is missing elements to it

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited September 2012
    bshag4lv wrote:
    I love the basketball hoop...my sims love it too. When they came out in sims 2 with basketball I got excited but shortlived...my sim would shoot one basket and then stand there. The same happened when there were 2 sims...at least now I don't have to browbeat sims to shoot baskets. :lol:

Oh and when Seasons came out for sims 2 I guess shooting only one basket was good because they would become super overheated. :roll: Hoping this isn't the case here.

I think this is a lot for a premium item...look at the wind chimes...all they do is move and tinkle. :lol:

Lol I love the wind chimes :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: It's one of my most favorite items.
    But yes a vs interaction with the hoop would add alot. 8)
  • Options
    3DJ43DJ4 Posts: 1,125 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I used the in game store for the first time today to buy this because it was being sold separately. But as soon as I clicked to buy it it. It took my simpoints and a loading circle appeared on the hoop icon and my game Froze... NEVER AGAIN! WILL I USE THE IN GAME STORE! And the game loads slower when you are logged in :? I still got the hoop though but I had to press Alt+Ctrl+Delete to stop end the game :x
  • Options
    aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    edited September 2012
    I bought it and can't download it. Contacted Live Chat and they don't have any reason for why it's happening. Trying again now. Still can't download it. Live Chat says it shouldn't be patch related, but I'm running 1.36 and don't plan on patching anytime soon. Has anyone on 1.36 been able to buy and download it?

I'm upset because $20 for Simpoints is a luxury for me. :cry:
  • Options
    hanyohanyo Posts: 1,013 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I haven't even tried getting it because I heard that you do need to be patched. I'm never patching again or getting any more expansions until I get a new computer and I don't know when that will be.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited September 2012
    aparkison wrote:
    I bought it and can't download it. Contacted Live Chat and they don't have any reason for why it's happening. Trying again now. Still can't download it. Live Chat says it shouldn't be patch related, but I'm running 1.36 and don't plan on patching anytime soon. Has anyone on 1.36 been able to buy and download it?

I'm upset because $20 for Simpoints is a luxury for me. :cry:

You do need the latest patch to be able to use new store items. I'm not sure if it's just PC items or all new items. They really should put a much larger disclaimer on store pages - a lot of people don't seem to know about the patching issue.
  • Options
    aparkisonaparkison Posts: 135 Member
    edited September 2012
    I opened a dispute resolution with PayPal and if I don't get my money back that way then I am going to dispute the charge with my bank. I've not been blocked from downloading new content without being patched since Pets.

The EA Customer Service Rep. even agreed there should have been an explicit warning that you needed the latest 1.38 patch. She refused to do anything but offer me a free game, which I've already ordered from Amazon (Supernatural) and am returning, because I am leaving the Sims.

I'm also calling the Better Business Bureau, because I'm an adult who's worked in retail for over twenty years and I am appalled at the fact that they will not give refunds in the event of something like this. When I told her they basically get to keep my $20 since I refuse to patch in light of all the problems with this patch, she just went completely silent. She knew I was right.

I don't plan on returning to the franchise until either it's over and there is no more patch drama or the patches actually start fixing things instead of breaking them. I hope a Sim Guru sees this. EA should be ashamed of their service policies.

If they were Macy's or JCPenney (companies I've worked for) they would have immediately began a refund process and apologized for their mistake.
  • Options
    IndigoXXIndigoXX Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Although I haven't bought the basketball hoop, I was looking forward to purchasing it this week. I'm sort of disappointed to read that it doesn't allow for a nba style game. Hopefully EA will add more features to it in the future.