Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Fixed it: Thanks Warning EA Game Cards Are not Being Accepted

:) Edit: Thank you for finally fixing this. I was able to get the sets I wanted. Now I own the store. I yelled loud, so I will say a very public Thank you.

I have 2 ea game cards...bought this afternoon, and have the receipt that shows they have been activated by the store. When I try to cash them in on My Account page I get an invalid number, When I try to use the activate web page it told me to try again later. Apparently many people are having this problem. Don't buy the EA Game Cards until they have this fixed.

Comments

• efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Just adding to say I am one of the people who is having this issue. Very upset about it. Don't buy EA cash cards right now. There's something going on with their system and they can't validate them correctly.
  • userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited September 2012
    Try using them at eacashcard.com. That is where I put mine in and have never had problems.
  • hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited September 2012
    Try using them at eacashcard.com. That is where I put mine in and have never had problems.

I am having the same problem. Bought $60 worth and they won't redeem any where..including eacashcared.com
    Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
    edited September 2012
    Tried mine again just now (its been at least 10-11 hours since I tried it last) and of course it still doesn't work. Not here or at the EA site.

I am really upset. I think they won't do anything about these cards except chalk it up as a bad batch and move on. Why? Because it isn't causing them loss of income. Just the opposite. And what can we really do about it? It says on the back that by buying it we agree to the terms and the terms say no refunds.
  • LittleKittenCatLittleKittenCat Posts: 660 New Member
    edited September 2012
    efcronin wrote:
    Tried mine again just now (its been at least 10-11 hours since I tried it last) and of course it still doesn't work. Not here or at the EA site.

I am really upset. I think they won't do anything about these cards except chalk it up as a bad batch and move on. Why? Because it isn't causing them loss of income. Just the opposite. And what can we really do about it? It says on the back that by buying it we agree to the terms and the terms say no refunds.

But see... that's the term of sale, if you don't get the service you bought then it can't be considered a sale. No sale should mean you get a refund because in legal terms you haven't received what you paid for o_O;;
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited September 2012
    Well it has gone from bad to worse. I can get into my account history and stuff, but I still can not redeem my Ea cards here or at the origin site. Now I can't get into my webpage. This is the last time I buy anything EA. I own most of the store...I won't be playing sims 4, it will be on line, and if this is the service we get...forget it.
  • LittleKittenCatLittleKittenCat Posts: 660 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Try clearing your cache? Sometimes that works for me when I can't see my profile page... or any page in the store actually.
  • elorademinaelorademina Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2012
    Just tried that. Didn't work. Clearly, an EA problem. Knowing EA, this will not be fixed anytime soon. And we won't get decent compensation either. (FYI, EA, "decent compensation" means money back or equal value in simpoints! NOT a 15% discount code for origin.com!)
  • Jillyson_Twozaks_1Jillyson_Twozaks_1 Posts: 3,334 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the heads up - I was planning one grabbing some tomorrow because I wanted the sports uniforms.

I'll wait it out now. Sorry you're having trouble - I've tried to get help from EA and origin before with absolutely no luck, so I hope yours is better!
  • sugar_cookiessugar_cookies Posts: 1,308 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I thought something was wrong with the card I received... I am having this problem too! >:( Ugh, I really wanted that basketball hoop!
    edited September 2012
    Still no luck on my end. Tried a couple of different computers - both on here and at the EA validation site. Did Live Chat again, all to no avail. Very frustrating. Going to try and keep this thread updated so other people see it and know not to buy the cards!
  • mcaptainmcaptain Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2012
    it worked, thanks
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • kathwynnkathwynn Posts: 156 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Every one it seems that has a card. The best any one has been told is that they, EA, is aware of the problem. Are working on it. This has been an ongoing problem this past week.
  • IndigoXXIndigoXX Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2012
    mcaptain wrote:
    I bought mine at Walmart and thought there was something wrong with the card! Well, the card was fine, Walmart even gave me a new one and that doesnt work either. I am mad about now......

Same scenario happened with me yesterday... there are a couple of threads in "technical issues" about this very issue. I hope EA fixes this soon.
    edited September 2012
    I am going to post again to move this up. EA really needs to get this fixed.
  • kathwynnkathwynn Posts: 156 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes, Ea does need to get this corrected.
  • Meganne79Meganne79 Posts: 270 Member
    edited September 2012
    Bump.
  • BiyakoBiyako Posts: 13 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Just popping in to say I'm also having the problem. I wish I had looked here before I bought the card today. :/
  • piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am having the problem too. But this happened a few months ago as well. It took EA about a week to fix it. They did fix it though. I am not too worried this time around because my card did work once the site was fixed.

Just keep the card and the reciept. If the code doesn't work once the site is fixed, do a live chat or call EA.

edited September 2012
    The folks that work at EA should be in soon so up to the top
    edited September 2012
    This still has not been fixed, so I am moving this up again.
  • PsychoMasterXPsychoMasterX Posts: 2,553 New Member
    edited September 2012
    citytube wrote:
    This still has not been fixed, so I am moving this up again.

keep bumping this topic I want my bonus stuff pack ea
  • Sassable1Sassable1 Posts: 109 Member
    edited September 2012
    Found this post on EA's Pogo game site forum:

http://games-forum.pogo.com/viewtopic.php?f=266&t=61304#p866869
    Hopefully this means this will be fixed in next few days for you guys?
  • Kaitieee_macKaitieee_mac Posts: 508 Member
    edited September 2012
    I threw mine away >:|
    edited September 2012

:shock: Sorry you threw your card away, though I understand. It would be nice if they would fix this.