Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA cash card, not valid? Just purchased?

I *just* bought a $20 cash card from my gamestop down the road, the scratch off stuff was still in contact... I keep getting invalid code, is there a reason for this? Tried EA chat but he said "Let me escelate this issue to our expert team, they will contact you VIA email in 2-3 days" :evil: I wanted to buy stuff today! Not in 2-3 days. Is there something I am missing with this, some special trick I have to do?

Comments

• mellysuemellysue Posts: 238 Member
    edited September 2012
    Anyone? I've read a lot of problems about people not being able to register Supernatural... Was told last night (after deciding to call) that they were having problems with their server or whatever. Could this be related? Frustrated, to spend $20 and not be able to use it for it's intended purpose.
  • catmom1987catmom1987 Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2012
    I just posted in this thread, http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/585261.page, regarding the same problem, it appears that alot of people are having problems getting simpoints. It is a known issue that hopelfully will be fixed soon.

• kathwynnkathwynn Posts: 156 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Just PMed the Origin Ea rep in China?!.

Well we will see.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/8958083.page
  • efcroninefcronin Posts: 1,050 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yep, I'm having the same issue. I just waited 31 minutes to get into Live Chat and the guy on there said this is a known issue. He said to wait a few hours - that their "expert team" was working to fix this.

However, he also said that EA *cannot* provide any compensation of any form for these cards. WHAT? Basically, if a card code is invalid, EA will not refund us in any way. I told him I was going to call EA (I was very polite - I know he is just some guy doing his job) and he told me again that they were working on the issue. And again that they would not refund. I don't need a refund - I would just like the Simpoints. That doesn't cost them anything.

I am very upset - I understand technical issue come up, but to say they won't provide any form of compensation for the cards if they never work is ridiculous. This is the last time I get a cash card.
    edited September 2012
    Oh, and here is the link the EA rep on Live Chat gave me. It says they will be updating when they have it resolved.

https://help.ea.com/article/why-am-i-having-a-problem-redeeming-my-retail-card

So I guess for now we just keep checking this page. Good luck to everyone - I hope this gets fixed soon!
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited September 2012
    Yes just had this issue myself. Bought the card this afternoon and tried to cash it in 6 hours later...it refuses to take it here on my account or in activate ea cards page.
  • qkinneyqkinney Posts: 367
    edited September 2012
    I think all of us as a group should demand compensation. EA has taken our time and money. The first person I talked to from ea chat told me tough luck. The person told me to go to the forum see if I can get help there. The second person I chatted with was a lot nicer. He told me he ould me an e-mail when things were fixed. I've spent for $300 on ea product. Does ea really want me to take my business else where.
  • BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am having the same issues. Invalid code error at the store and System error at EA. Browser is Google Chrome.

Thank you kathwynn and efcronin for the links :D

I pm'd the Origin support person in this thread also with the info asked for

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/8958083.page#24928407

• IndigoXXIndigoXX Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I just purchased a $20 cash card from walmart and I'm having the same issue. I can't redeem it on the EA/Origin website either. I'm getting soooo frustrated with EA in general.
  • Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    edited September 2012
    I totally understand how you all feel. I'm having this same issue redeeming my cards. "System error. Please try again later." I've been trying for the past 4 days, contacted EA/Origin, & they said they are working on getting it fixed. It's very frustrating spending money on cards that can't be redeemed & I really don't want these cards to go to waste. We bought them, trusting that we'd be able to use them as intended. I really hope they resolve this problem for us all soon.
  • kathwynnkathwynn Posts: 156 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Yep 4 days and longer in some cases. Ea really has fallen down on the job on this one.

I bought a card almost 4 days ago my self. And have gotten what i quickly thinking is a run around. Yes we are working on this issue.. Really!? Seriously!?

Seeing as that are people that have been waiting for a week now. I have a hard time believing that anything is really being done.

And Yes I am mad. Telling me that 'oh so sorry no refunds' or any 'we are not going to do right by any customer', is just rubbing people the wrong way.

It will be along time before I buy another card at this point. Nothing personal Ea, but You are going to have to go a long way to assure us customers that this is not going to happen again.
  • IndigoXXIndigoXX Posts: 47 New Member
    edited September 2012
    IndigoXX wrote:
    I just purchased a $20 cash card from walmart and I'm having the same issue. I can't redeem it on the EA/Origin website either. I'm getting soooo frustrated with EA in general.

Update: Walmart allowed me to exchange the EA cashcard I previously bought for another one and I'm still having the same issue. So, obviously there is an issue with the website and not the actual cashcards.
  • BrendoushkaBrendoushka Posts: 141 Member
    edited September 2012
    I didn't know this issue was already happening, I bought today a cash card and of course the "invalid card, error" message came up. After reading a few postings in this thread I got very disappointed knowing that EA apparently will not refund for THEIR mistake??? Here in the US paying $20 a card doesn't come cheap. I hope we will get a positive result from this ordeal because they will not see a single dollar from me in the future and I really don't care how cool the next extension pack will be, I will not spend anymore $$$ on EA. :evil:
  • AviendaTristynAviendaTristyn Posts: 843 Member
    edited September 2012
    I am having the same problem :!: My husband bought me an EA cash card as a last Birthday present so I could get the 'Make a Wish Compilation'as its on sale right now and I keep getting the invalid error code,I've tried my card on here and at EA.com and I looked up the problem under help on Origin and it says they know there are issues with the cash cards right now and they are trying to fix it :? Well I hope its soon so I can get that set while its still on sale :(
    edited September 2012
    I got on Live Chat again today and got the same runaround. "Our tech team is working on it. Try again in 4-6 hours." Well, its been 5 hours and no luck.

I really cannot buy another EA Cash Card - unless they either get these cards working the next few days OR they allow us to contact them with our codes and they credit our EA accounts, or allow us to have the value in Simpoints. I got the card to gift people and it really stinks I cannot use what I paid for. I'm just worried because I could see them just ignoring the issue completely because in reality, what recourse do we have?

I did see a poor guy post on another EA game site that he bought 14 cards. 14!! And not one of them worked. That is crazy insane.

I am going to warn everyone on my friends list not to buy EA cash cards right now. I hope you all do the same. I hate to think of anyone else spending their hard-earned money on these cards. Esp, if EA will not honor them and give us refunds or recompense us in some manner.
  • mcaptainmcaptain Posts: 47 Member
    edited September 2012
    :roll:This is my second post, I actually went back to Walmart, thinking that something was wrong with the card, only to find out the card was fine, feeling like an idiot, the Lady gave me a refund I didnt ask for, so I got another card. When I tried that one I got the same exact thing, system error, I was mad. I went into the forum and read some of the posts, it makes you quite mad to find out how EA takes advantage of ppl. Shouldnt somebody let those big stores know, who are selling the cash cards, that they are no good? We as customers sure getting nothing, nor is the big stores or little ones, the only ones making a profit rightnow is EA and it seems they dont care either way, plus the quality of product is questionable most of the time. And I m sure I shouldnt post that, but thats true thou.
  • DeeperwithinloveDeeperwithinlove Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 2012

Yah I dont like this bug. It makes me very angry that not only can I not cash in my card but they dont have anything on the card entry page to tell you its not working. I had searched the forums didnt find an answer so I waited 30 mins to chat with someone just to be told its not working. Last week I couldnt sign into my account and now this. I am very disappointed. I have been playing these games since the company was maxis and the best game was sim life. Ive had almost every sim title but in recent years ive noticed a down grade of custmore service and the stablity of their products. I dont even have all the packs for sims 3 because of this disappointment. I hope your listening EA! Dont become the next blizzard, losing 30% of your customers in a year
  • chow1Tobychow1Toby Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 2012
    I purchased this useless EA Cash card yesterday and have been unable to redeem it. I am ******, I can't afford to just throw $20.00 away! I hope the issue is resolved soon!
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2012
    There's also another thread about this - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/587081.page
  • kansasdudekansasdude Posts: 160 Member
    edited September 2012
    When EA fixes this issue, they should give all their members 1,000 simpoints to make up for their own mistake
  • SsimgoddessSsimgoddess Posts: 24 Member
    edited September 2012
    I also purchased an EA cash card on Wednesday 9/5/12, and have been trying to no avail, to use it. I can't even get to contact us without having to post my question which of course there is no answer for. I guess we'll all have to wait until TPTB get it fixed. Very Frustrating.
  • citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited September 2012
    Moving this up
  • SimGuru_StephrefSimGuru_Stephref Posts: 33
    edited September 2012
    This has been posted to the web team.
  • EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited September 2012
    This has been posted to the web team.

:thumbup:
    edited September 2012
    Glad to hear it has been brought the the attention of someone here. Thank you so much for actually updating us SimGuru_Stephref.

I wanted to get some things this weekend during the sale, though. Gifts for others and the like. Of course, some of the Sim items I was looking at are no longer on sale (ex. The Cow Plant) They were having a B1G1 on the Origin site for Sims 3 games as well. I am sure there are plenty of people out there that would have liked to have taken advantage of that sale as well.

Now I just want the value of the card I bought in Simpoints. It is going on day 5 for me.

I also had the worst experience with Live Chat today. When I told the gentleman my issue, he immediately responded with "Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Gleaming Points. This is a known issue and we will work hard to restore your Gleaming Points" Or something like that. I told him I had *no* idea what Gleaming Points were and repeated my issue. He then told me that he represented EA and sadly, the Playstation Network was being worked on (PSN or something like that). I responded back that I wasn't calling about PSN and that I do not even own a PS. And I repeated my issue once again (telling him no EA Cash Card validation allowed on either Sims 3 site or on the EA validation page). After that he simply said. "We're working on it." Then I got an email that the case was closed. *sigh*

Do these reps really even read what we type in? I know they are just doing their jobs, but honestly when I Live Chatted this weekend, I would have rather they told me no one would be working on it until Monday rather than tell me to keep trying every few hours.

This is real money we paid out. Please do the right thing Ea and honor these cards. If they aren't fixed in the next day or so, I think we should be allowed to call in and at least get Simpoints if they don't want to refund our money. These aren't points we've earned in some FB game that we can exchange for in-game items. This is a physical representation of $20 per card that we, as paying customers, bought with our hard-earned money.

No disrespect meant for any EA Guru or anything. Just wanted you to know how this effects your customers.