Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are your Sims aging into this?

Screenshot-279.jpg

:lol:

PS: How do I fix it? :?

Comments

• imameerkatimameerkat Posts: 1,581 New Member
    edited January 2011
    :shock:
  • leegirl124leegirl124 Posts: 988 Member
    edited January 2011
    try resetsim firstname lastname

uh i am guessing its bad cc,
    see what they r wearing.
    :D
  • Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited January 2011
    it's bad cc. search the forums for how to get rid of it. (technical discussion) and you should find it no prob.
  • PiPsY_uKPiPsY_uK Posts: 63 New Member
    edited January 2011
    looks like bad cc to me :) child clothing must have crept its way into another age catergory :P
  • gembrett101gembrett101 Posts: 2,578 New Member
    edited January 2011
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/234888.page

Check here, it's a thread listing all bad CC and how to delete it.
  • originalsimoriginalsim Posts: 1,696 Member
    edited January 2011
    I've seen others post pics like yours. I'm not sure what causes it, but I want it to happen in my game. Add a bit more diversity if you will... Cracks me up everytime I see a picture like this.
  • ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2011
    i have seen threads about this, and i dont believe its cc related, actualy. i think its a patch glitch.

im not 100% certain tho
  • SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I tried resetSim, didn't work. I know it's not bad cc though, he was suppose to age into a teenager, but he looked like that. When he's doing interactions he's normal looking.
    edited January 2011
    Double post.
    edited January 2011
    Triple post. :?
  • brunettesimgirlbrunettesimgirl Posts: 6,370 Member
    edited January 2011
    I had that happen when my sims gf grew up to a teen. The only way I was able to fix her was to take her into CAS with Twallans Master Controller. I changed her clothes and it fixed her. I don't know if there is another way to fix them without taking them into CAS.
    eOI9EQ4.gif
  • Superkam64Superkam64 Posts: 209 Member
    edited January 2011
    My sims are aging like that too! It's so annoying that I have to cross my fingers hoping that my sims won't look like that and have to exit without saving. It only happens to me sometimes, it's still annoying though! :x
  • sunnyd9sunnyd9 Posts: 9
    edited January 2011
    He doesn't have a neck. :shock:
  • SwindleSaurSwindleSaur Posts: 54
    edited January 2011
    The poor kid was born without a neck :P. I suppose things like this do happen in real life with missing appendages and such :shock:.

By the way, what does "CC" mean?
    edited January 2011
    cc mean 'custom content' there are alot of odd glitches and visual problems associated with bad cc gotten from the exchange.
    things that are poorly made, or categorised for all ages tend to look strange on the wrong sims. these items need to be removed from the game, and can be avoided by not downloading from the exchange or using custard tool before installing ANY simpack.

• IndigoXXIndigoXX Posts: 47 New Member
    edited January 2011
    It's not cc related. This has happened in my game many times and I don't have any cc or have I ever downloaded anything off the exchange. I find that this happens when they are aging up to a teenager or young adult and some how the b-day celebration is interrupted. The resetsim code doesn't fix the problem.

If you use the code testingcheatenabled on and then hold down shift and click on that sim you should get an option to trigger age up (or something similar). It should cause them to fully age up and look normal.
  • Candygurl84Candygurl84 Posts: 5,056 Member
    edited January 2011
    LOL @ the pic :lol:
  • YouMeAtSixYouMeAtSix Posts: 460 Member
    edited January 2011
    Omg! The same thing happened to a Sim I wasn't playing a few days ago :lol:
    Screenshot-75.jpg
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited January 2011
    OMG! :shock:

There seem to be a lot of horrible pictures floating around lately of when "Aging Up Goes Wrong!"
    IndigoXX wrote:
    It's not cc related. This has happened in my game many times and I don't have any cc or have I ever downloaded anything off the exchange. I find that this happens when they are aging up to a teenager or young adult and some how the b-day celebration is interrupted. The resetsim code doesn't fix the problem.

If you use the code testingcheatenabled on and then hold down shift and click on that sim you should get an option to trigger age up (or something similar). It should cause them to fully age up and look normal.

Thanks for the info. I just started playing my Legacy family again and now I'll know what to do if my heir ages up into a hairless Ewok!!
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2011
    SimGuy777 & YouMeAtSix: Could I use your pics for my blog ? It's getting more and more common.

As said by others: CC has nothing to do with this. The birthday bug that causes this comes in all variations. Strange looking or adult looking sims that are still in high school to nothing happening at all. I really hope they fix it with the OL patch
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited January 2011
    saw a post about this last week and yes it was bad cc that caused it
    h2xmsbl]

• 4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited January 2011
    Maybe just remove any outfits from skysims. Looks like its one of their outfits.
  • starling68starling68 Posts: 3,352 Member
    edited January 2011
    :shock:

I don't believe it is bad CC, because I have been seeing it around more and more recently..
    I think that it might just be an aging up glitch! :?
  • xWednesdayxxWednesdayx Posts: 2,478 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Yep. I've had the same issue.

Screenshot-4-1.jpg
    edited January 2011
    its from the same patch the gave us the bad mood glitch