Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burnout seems so broken

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
edited May 2023 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
It happens too often to start with. Once a week at least, after only two days of work. Who are these lazy sims, anyway? But trying to get rid of it is worse. I had the mental fog buff with 24 hours, and spent about 5 hours singing and meditating. Got it down to zero minutes while my sim was singing, but it wouldn't end. So I clicked singing off, and the fog jumped all the way back up to 9 hours. Seriously? Why is it so hard to get these lifestyles, fears, eco NAPS, etc, balanced right? I have pretty much every single one of them either turned off or totally modded, because they all throw gameplay way out of whack. Which is really annoying, because they could make gameplay so much more interesting and varied instead.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    My sims start getting mental fog and burn outs almost immediately. Hoping modders do something to balance it. One thing that works if you play rotationally is to bounce to another house for a few, but not everyone does multiple families in the same save.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Are you making your sims work hard while at work? My sims were getting it often with that on, set it to normal and haven’t gotten it since
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Are you making your sims work hard while at work? My sims were getting it often with that on, set it to normal and haven’t gotten it since

Yeah, I often do, and wouldn't mind them getting burned out after 5-10 days of that. But this "Whine, I'm so overworked" after two days is ridiculous.
    As is having 5 hours of mediation not getting rid of it.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    My sim, currently in the law career, works hard every day and hasn't gotten it. Why do these things happen to everyone else? 😄

I do have her work at home a couple days each week. She completes her daily tasks and spends the rest of the having fun with family and friends.
  • Options
    My sim, currently in the law career, works hard every day and hasn't gotten it. Why do these things happen to everyone else? 😄

I do have her work at home a couple days each week. She completes her daily tasks and spends the rest of the having fun with family and friends.

Does she have traits that tend towards mental? My sim has loves music (a bit creative) but is toiling in Salaried Person, so it may be the opposite of what he wants.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2023
    I do have a mod that tunes it down a bit: burnouttweaks
    https://www.seebee.de/sims4me/index.php?list=34

It does help to use a different work tone for a bit. It does not have to be the whole work day. Also, raising the opposite skill (creative for mental fog) helps a lot more than doing wellness activities.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 2023
    My sims get brain fog just working normally, they don't even have to work hard to get it. I agree that it is beyond frustrating to play with. The only official fix I expect is to get a toggle to turn it off. You know, like they do with every other feature that doesn't work right.